Shadow_self

Nathan Brine Revised Material

I thought Id given Nathan a plug here as he's a good guy :)

He recently posted this

New courses! I've spent the last year upgrading my studio and filming new material.
The Intro course has been redone and is called Taoist Alchemy 1: Foundation.
Level 1a is now three new expanded courses.
Taoist Alchemy 2: Furnace and Cauldron
Taoist Alchemy 3: Five Phase Organ Practice (coming soon)
Taoist Alchemy 4: Lesser Reverted Elixir (coming soon)
A couple new courses will be released containing xinggong and shengong material from my new book.
Courses are available in two places online- www.nathanbrine.com and www.cinna.bar
Courses purchased on nathanbrine.com include the following access on Cinnabar.
TA1- Foundation- one year enrolment on my Cinnabar teacher page
TA2- Furnace and Cauldron- two year enrolment on my Cinnabar teacher page
TA3 and higher- lifetime access to the course on Cinnabar
www.cinna.bar (coming soon)
The Cinnabar courses include a discussion group, Live Classes, and additional content. However, you need a Cinnabar membership to access (8/month or 64/year).
TA1- Foundation is included with a Cinnabar membership.
TA2- Furnace and Cauldron is included with my teacher page enrolment on Cinnabar (29/month).
TA3 and up may also be accessed on Cinnabar for a one time enrolment fee. This enrolment fee includes free access to the same course on nathanbrine.com (just let me know).

His new book will be out soon also :)

• Like 5

I was thinking about asking the forum if anyone knows what Nathan Brine has been up to, so thanks for posting (I assume this was posted on Facebook; I have not logged into that site for a year, and would prefer to never log in again).

Cinna.bar looks just like it has for the past year.

I was mightily impressed by his first book. It seems a fairly intensive system that he offers, which is mostly practiced on retreat.

Looking forward to the cinna-bar thing launching, so I can at least dip my toes into this.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Vajra Fist said:

I was mightily impressed by his first book. It seems a fairly intensive system that he offers, which is mostly practiced on retreat.

Looking forward to the cinna-bar thing launching, so I can at least dip my toes into this.

Could someone do his system without being on retreat?

9 hours ago, EFreethought said:

Id be more concerned about having good foundations in qigong and neigong to be honest.

I think a lot of that would dictate how well and efficiently you'd progress

Nathans program is, from what I gather heavily focused on seated work and the Yin Xian Fa methods.

He might be teaching some of this, im not sure...but If it was me id be making sure I had a few pre-requisites in place before even looking at it

• Like 1

12 hours ago, EFreethought said:

I wouldn't want to say for sure. It seems some of the basic methods can be taught online, but I would assume that if you plan on taking it further you would most probably need first person instruction sooner rather than later.

In terms of what you might need by way of a foundation, it's probably worth sending a message to Nathan directly, as different schools have different requirements. 

Edited by Vajra Fist

4 hours ago, Vajra Fist said:

I wouldn't want to say for sure. It seems some of the basic methods can be taught online, but I would assume that if you plan on taking it further you would most probably need first person instruction sooner rather than later.

Wang Li Ping teaches by way of transmission primarily.

Having a foundation (calm, stable mind… a Dantien… somewhat open channels… ability to sit for 3 to 4hrs comfortably… ability to handle discomfort and what I call ‘qi pressure’) is all a big advantage.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, freeform said:

Wang Li Ping teaches by way of transmission primarily.

His retreats aren't cheap here in the west unfortunately. Thats often due to the choice of location.

Not that they aren't worth it...Id happily pay it myself. Id just be sure I have the conditions set up the gain the maximum benefit first :) 

I believe the ones in China are far more reasonable

I understand his position though. The standing/moving aspect of foundational work is probably something he feels no need to teach anymore. I see the overlaps in his seated methods...just not seeing the moving/standing stuff being taught. I assume he has other ways of getting the same results? :) 

Imo, that tough physical work builds resolve...something necessary for later :D  thats just me though. I like discomfort...then again, sitting for that long isnt easy

1 hour ago, freeform said:

Having a foundation (calm, stable mind… a Dantien… somewhat open channels… ability to sit for 3 to 4hrs comfortably… ability to handle discomfort and what I call ‘qi pressure’) is all a big advantage.

Ah the pillar of sitting....Little by little :P 

Ive been told by more than a few people that his Qi emission skills are above and beyond anything most people know of. Folks having their MCO open up fully just by being in his presence over a retreat.

The ability to regulate the fields of that many people at the same time for the period he does...that's seriously impressive.

I recall statements like " I felt the marrow in my bones moving" :D 

Edited by Shadow_self
  • Like 4

Sorry for being partially off topic, but does anybody understand Wang Lipings role in Longmen Pai relative to the other lineage holders?

Is there some sort of heirarchy in their roles in relation to White Cloud Temple or is Longmen more or less completely decentralized?  

Also wondering how he traces the lineage differently from others i.e. him being 18th generation but Fabrizio Pregadio points to a line in the mid 20s of generations as central.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Shadow_self said:

I dont know if you're joking or being serious? 

When I am joking, I put the remark inside emojis - :lol: Like this :P .

Edited by Cobie
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Shadow_self said:

Nathans probably referencing cinnabar as its spoken of in neidan...

Duh, obviously. “neidan” 内丹 nei4 dan1 - inner cinnabar.

Edited by Cobie
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Shadow_self said:

... might be helpful …

內丹 neidan (inner/internal dan) took the terminology from 外丹 wai4 dan1 (external dan).

As the ‘external dan’ was deadly, my post was a warning against gullibility.

Edited by Cobie
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Cobie said:

內丹 neidan (inner/internal dan) took the terminology from 外丹 wai4 dan1 (external dan).

I seriously wonder if there was an ‘original neidan’ which was then mistaken for waidan, and then re-conceived as neidan. 

1 hour ago, Bindi said:

… if there was an ‘original neidan’ …

There wasn’t. 

During the Tang Dynasty awareness grew that ‘waidan’ was deadly and they started ‘neidan’.  :)

… which was then mistaken for waidan …

Waidan came first (approximately 2nd century BC)

… and then re-conceived as neidan. 

Neidan came almost a millennium later (approximately 8th century AD).

I seriously wonder …

You can Google this stuff, e.g. http://www.goldenelixir.com/jindan.html 

Edited by Cobie

2 hours ago, Wilhelm said:

Sorry for being partially off topic, but does anybody understand Wang Lipings role in Longmen Pai relative to the other lineage holders?

Is there some sort of heirarchy in their roles in relation to White Cloud Temple or is Longmen more or less completely decentralized?  

Also wondering how he traces the lineage differently from others i.e. him being 18th generation but Fabrizio Pregadio points to a line in the mid 20s of generations as central.

I googled somewhat.  His lineage is controversial.  Anyway Wang claims to be the 18th generation transmitter of Long Men School.  

I think the writer Pregadio refers to the Grand Master lineage only.  Wang is not a Grand Master.  He is one of the many disciples and students, whose Sifu is 17th generation or earlier.  That makes him 18G.

To compare, the 21st generation Grand Master and Chief Disciplinary Officer of QuenZhen LongMen School was a Ching Dynasty person who passed away in 1936.   While Wang was born in 1949. 

全真龙门历任掌教真人暨传戒大律师 - QuanZhen LongMen Grand Masters and Discipline Officer List

龍門啟教真君長春邱祖師而下 <- Founder

第一代 赵道坚(1163-1312) <- First generation grand master

第二代 张德纯(1260—1367)

第三代 陈通微(1287—1387)

第四代 周玄朴(1340—1450)

第五代 张静定(1390—1522)

第六代 赵真嵩(1480—1628)

第七代 王常月(1522—1680)

第八代 谭守诚(1600—1689)

第九代  詹太林

第十代  穆清风(字玉房)

第十一代 朱一和(字自明)

第十二代 袁阳举(字清举)

第十三代 王来怀(字却尘)

第十四代 白复礼(字照图)

第十五代 程本焕(字香岩)、张本悟(字寿山)

第十六代 張合皓(?-1808),

第十七代 张教智(本字合智,一宇慧生)

第十八代 吕永震(字乾初)、孟永才(字豁一)

第十九代 张园璿(字耕云)

第二十代 高明峒(字云溪)

第二十一代 陈至霖(1854—1936?)

第二十二代 王理仙

第二十三代,傅宗天(1925—1997)210242IF-0.gif <-23th G

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Shadow_self said:

I see the overlaps in his seated methods...just not seeing the moving/standing stuff being taught. I assume he has other ways of getting the same results? :) 

He opens your channels for you while you sit… then adjusts stuff in your energy body as you sleep.

The downside is that your channels will close and things will go back to normal over time.

Though accessing the light of original spirit is always transformative on some level :) 

Edited by freeform
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, Wilhelm said:

Longmen has a funny history - where at some point lots of disparate lineages started to call themselves Longmen pai…

It’s a lot less centralised than some historical records claim.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bindi said:

I seriously wonder if there was an ‘original neidan’ which was then mistaken for waidan, and then re-conceived as neidan. 

There were almost certainly internal methods before waidan. (There were internal methods involved in weidan anyway!)

Waidan was the technology behind the transformation of substances - and Neidan took this mental model and used it to describe the transformation of internal substances.

Thats my opinion from what I’ve understood… but many scholars would disagree… so who knows :) 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, freeform said:

He opens your channels for you while you sit… then adjusts stuff in your energy body as you sleep.

The downside is that your channels will close and things will go back to normal over time.

Pretty interesting approach...Ive heard stories about the pain, discomfort and whatnot during the initial days...as for the latter, plenty of pretty wild experiences.

I would hazard any quantitative change  would be dependant on what is done between said transmissions...and that this is where the YJJ/standing work/channel opening and  other consistent practice would  play a part in dictating the amount of sustained change? 

19 minutes ago, freeform said:

Though accessing the light of original spirit is always transformative on some level :) 

White moon on the mountain peak ? :D 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cobie said:

When I am joking, I put the remark inside emojis - :lol: Like this :P .

3 hours ago, Cobie said:

Duh, obviously. “neidan” 内丹 nei4 dan1 - inner cinnabar.

2 hours ago, Cobie said:

Gullibility for what exactly?

Those modes and means of external alchemy proper are way above and beyond access to the general public...its not worth a discussion because nobody has the first clue about it. From the few folk I know that do...It exists in Burma still. 

Do you actually know why its called cinnabar in neidan? The colour has a...

Hmm I better not type too much more...plagiarising eyes and hands might be close by :ph34r:

14 minutes ago, Shadow_self said:

… Do you actually know why its called cinnabar in neidan? The colour has a...

Jeez. Duh. Obviously yes.