Nuralshamal

"The foundation", jing, semen, blood and standing meditation

On 29.7.2021 at 4:49 PM, Cleansox said:

Yes, here we are on the same wavelength. 

Add: And depending on where one is in ones practice, the characteristics of said posture changes. 

It can take one through the different layers of the aquired bodymind: Skin, sinew, channel, organ, marrow. 

This would mainly be the preparation phase, so I would not call it internal alchemy because no yao/dan has been produced. 

Some positions, or as in my practice, some specific aspects in these methods, activate the River Chariot and the Reversal of Water and Fire. This is described in most of the texts referred to in my ppd, and together with a shift in awareness this lays the Foundation, a phase that ends with the production of yao/medicine. 

Continuing this, the change in awareness continue, and with that, the process of transformation starts up, but now guided from the replenished yuan jing/qi/shen. 

At this stage, things take care of themselves, as long as I retain proper awareness. 

The main difference would be my middle pharagraph, which is brutally simplified here but as I wrote, there are quite a few texts devoted to it (although in severely metaphorical language). 

That part I could not see in your description, and it is considered a major stepping stone in some traditions. 

So I posted an overview above, somewhat simplified ("reversal" is a somewhat large concept, and the firing times in my tradition is more like baking, an apt similie sometimes used by @freeform, which I interpret as including "bathing"). 

And you 😁

Hi cleansox! :-)

Just curious ... did you practice the sitting ming gong or the standing moving form?

Peace 

1 hour ago, MIchael80 said:

Hi cleansox! :-)

Just curious ... did you practice the sitting ming gong or the standing moving form?

Yo!

In the tradition I practice, this is done through static standing. 

We also have moving forms and most of the standing forms can be done seated, shifting from standing to seated has both pros and cons. 

The main methods, at least for a householder where time is an issue, lies in the standing, but I also do the core moving methods every day. 

The standing positions should not (and when seen, would not) be confused with the most well known zhan zhuan associated with martial lineages, the purpose and energetics is different. 

I'm sure that other lineages have developed other ways of accessing the same mechanisms. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 29.7.2021 at 4:49 PM, Cleansox said:

Yes, here we are on the same wavelength. 

Add: And depending on where one is in ones practice, the characteristics of said posture changes. 

It can take one through the different layers of the aquired bodymind: Skin, sinew, channel, organ, marrow. 

This would mainly be the preparation phase, so I would not call it internal alchemy because no yao/dan has been produced. 

Some positions, or as in my practice, some specific aspects in these methods, activate the River Chariot and the Reversal of Water and Fire. This is described in most of the texts referred to in my ppd, and together with a shift in awareness this lays the Foundation, a phase that ends with the production of yao/medicine. 

Continuing this, the change in awareness continue, and with that, the process of transformation starts up, but now guided from the replenished yuan jing/qi/shen. 

At this stage, things take care of themselves, as long as I retain proper awareness. 

The main difference would be my middle pharagraph, which is brutally simplified here but as I wrote, there are quite a few texts devoted to it (although in severely metaphorical language). 

That part I could not see in your description, and it is considered a major stepping stone in some traditions. 

So I posted an overview above, somewhat simplified ("reversal" is a somewhat large concept, and the firing times in my tradition is more like baking, an apt similie sometimes used by @freeform, which I interpret as including "bathing"). 

And you 😁

Thanks for sharing @Cleansox:)

The purpose of breathing is to stimulate the sense of breath, and the purpose of sense of breath is to enter the first jhana. After entering the first jhana, you will reach the state of one mind and continue to relax your mind, and you will enter the state of two jhana. After entering the Second Zen, there will be a black liver light like an aurora. If you continue to relax your mind, you will enter the three meditations, and the three meditations will appear as rabbit marrow light like a full moon. These two kinds of lights are small medicines. After entering the four jhanas with the small medicine, one enters a state where the senses are stopped but the mind is awake, that is, the body is asleep, but inside is awake. After thorough training, awareness arises, and yang will be produced. The evolution of Yangsheng is the evolution of Dan.

Therefore, if you talk about breathing and holding your breath here, isn't it too low-level?
The purpose of breathing is as long as you can enter the first jhana of the state of one mind. As for how the breathing runs, do you need to control it? No need to control.

呼吸的目的是為了激發氣感,氣感的目的是為了要進入初禪。進入初禪之後,達到一心狀態,繼續鬆心,就會進入二禪狀態。進入二禪之後,就會出現如同極光一般的烏肝光。繼續鬆心就會進入三禪,三禪就會出現如圓月一般的兔髓光。這兩種光都是小藥。帶著小藥進入四禪之後,進入一種感官停止但是內心清醒的狀態,也就是身體睡著,裡面是醒著的。練透之後,升起覺知,就會產生陽生。陽生的演化就是丹的演化。

因此,各位在這裡講呼吸,講憋氣,是不是太低級了?
呼吸的目的是只要能夠進入一心狀態的初禪就可以了,至於呼吸怎麼跑,有需要控制嗎?不需要控制的。

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
On 2021/7/29 at 9:50 PM, Nuralshamal said:

The daoists employ more standing methods. The "Dun Hou Shi" standing meditation like I mentioned, it's the very first posture you learn. People think it's stupid and boring, and simply a test of patience, so the teacher can see whether the student will stick to it. However, this seemingly simple posture can take you into the void.

Standing in the void! Each posture is like a physical yantra or talisman, it has particular characteristics. Simply being in that posture makes the energy flow in a certain way. When you go into the void in a standing posture, these energetic characteristics are more noticeable and very powerful.

So, having this as the first posture is very chinese: it's the beginning, yet it's also the end. It builds the foundation, as well as allow you to reach the ultimate. All in one. That's the daoist thought "the one is in all, and all is in the one". 

But like you mentioned, it's different processes.

However, I would be very interested and curious to know now; can you shortly explain your view of the alchemical process in your tradition? 

Be blessed :)

In fact , there are many ways that enable people  to  mobilize qi   :  Focus their  minds on dantians,    acu-press  some acupuncture points  on their bodies  or  adopt some postures (Yoga)  or movements of body (Taiji / Martial arts )  ..etc ; 

But upgrading  the quality of the qi they have mobilized is  more important , and ,  the emptied-mind  issue is the  challenge hardly can people  evade .

So there are two ways that serious practitioners must know : 

1) Taoist :  It mainly  uses  qi  to  empty  the mind , then conversely use the settled mind to upgrade the quality of  qi ...,  so it tries to form a positive  feedback series to do the job. Or, use Taoist  jargon to express it : "  let  qi and shen have their  intercourse like sex ( cling to each other.. ) " ... 

1) Zen's :  Very  difficult one ,   just for those gifted   ;   however  once having mastered it ,  it is more thorough and allows you to evade many  side-effects. .  Questions like  " Can a mind without any concepts be a mind ? "  or   " A way without doing anything  be a way ? " ...etc,  if you do not view them as some kinds of philosophical bullshits coming some people's vanity of showing off their intelligence  , but  some kind spiritual creation to exploit those  layers of emptiness so that people can gain energy and intelligence from it..

How about Tantric and Pure-land's ?  Although they are hot and popular among the crowd , I am not so interested in them. 

Edited by exorcist_1699
  • Like 2