Kaiki

Strange sensation in upper dan tien

Recommended Posts

Hello,

 

I am yet another one of those 'post-Mantak's books' newbies that tried something way above their level. Long story short I suspect that my Jing energy/essence is stuck in my head (upper dan tien).

 

I have tried to move it downward on my own but it seems to bring only misfortune:

- moving it down the front seems to aggravate me into all kinds of negative emotions like anger/being needy/afraid and so on. Pretty much every time I try this way I create some negative events in my life. Additionally lot of negative self-talk appears afterward.

 

- moving it down the back feels more natural and It does not feel that bad. The con of this way is that last time I have a great surge of energy (resulted in insomnia a few times before I have managed to get a grip on balance how much energy I should bring down). Additionally, sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night from nightmare with a sense of fear/dread with a hot stream of energy going down the spine.

 

Besides that, I have contacted acupuncture, reiki (helped tremendously to feel grounded again but the energy problem still persists) , and someone from Kundalini forum. The last one has told me to never, ever do the 'up the front, down the back' route. 

 

What should be the natural and safe way to bring the energy down?

Looking forward to Your replies

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome to the Tao Bums.  A wonderful forum to learn, discuss and cultivate.  Below are 3 important sections: Our Rules, The Insult Policy and our 3 Foundations.  Before you join click on [Reveal hidden contents] give them a read. 

 

Most of it boils down to being respectful.  No name calling or trolling.  Post as if your mom's looking over your shoulder.  Discussion and arguments are what the board is about.  Keep it civil, don't get personal.  Don't be a troll or one issue zealot. 

 

We're here for good conversation and make some friends along the way, to be a community.  Jump right in, start threads, ask questions, look for interesting threads and post your (relevant) thoughts. 

 

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

 

Welcome and sorry for your distress.  Kundalini energy problems have been much talked about lately, as well in the past.  Look around at recent posts, use the Search function to query older threads and don't hesitate to start your own, either in General or perhaps the Healing Section.

 

 TDB team

 

Read and review Our Rules:

 

 

Our Insult Policy- Read it, Live it

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kaiki said:

Hello,

 

I am yet another one of those 'post-Mantak's books' newbies that tried something way above their level. Long story short I suspect that my Jing energy/essence is stuck in my head (upper dan tien).

 

I have tried to move it downward on my own but it seems to bring only misfortune:

- moving it down the front seems to aggravate me into all kinds of negative emotions like anger/being needy/afraid and so on. Pretty much every time I try this way I create some negative events in my life. Additionally lot of negative self-talk appears afterward.

 

- moving it down the back feels more natural and It does not feel that bad. The con of this way is that last time I have a great surge of energy (resulted in insomnia a few times before I have managed to get a grip on balance how much energy I should bring down). Additionally, sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night from nightmare with a sense of fear/dread with a hot stream of energy going down the spine.

 

Besides that, I have contacted acupuncture, reiki (helped tremendously to feel grounded again but the energy problem still persists) , and someone from Kundalini forum. The last one has told me to never, ever do the 'up the front, down the back' route. 

 

What should be the natural and safe way to bring the energy down?

Looking forward to Your replies

 

Does letting go of this energy result in spontaneous movements of the head/spine?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Hi @Kaiki,

 

I had a similar experience, but not exactly the same.  I'll share my experience; perhaps it's useful; perhaps not.  There are many smart capable experienced cultivators on this forum.  I expect that if my thoughts do not resonate with your dilema; one of the others will certainly be able to assist.

 

About 2 years ago, I started having the similar negatvive emotional experiences, anger, anxeity, negative self-talk, etc... whenever I would try to meditate, or do anything religious.  The negative feelings would bubble up, when my mind defocused.  Anything which allowed my mind to wander would render the same uncomfortable negativity.  

 

In essence, these negative emotions needed expression and resolution in the material world, before I was able to move forward in my own religious practice.  It was a sign of progress, in a way.  While this was occuring, I considered changing my religious practice, wondering if perhaps Iwas "doing something wrong".  Long story shortened:  nothing worked.  The negative feelings were a roadblock that I had encountered on the path of life.  Any medatative or religious practice that I tried rendered the same result.

 

Eventually, I was able to conquer my own inner demons (so to speak).  I had to take a break from practicing any religion, from doing anything meditative, until the underlying negativity was addessed in the real world.  Then, after that, I returned to my religious practice.

 

In regard to your specific situation: "anger, feeling needy, afraid"  Each one of these, imho, should be addressed individually, not as a group.  As an example, fear/anxiety would , imo, need a different remedy than anger. Same for feeling needy.  Each of these are unique.  Keeping a journal might be useful, if you're not doing so already.   And don't be put off if your journaling reveals 10,20, or even 30 of these individual emotional/intellectual roadblacks.  Like I said previously, getting to these roadblacks is a sign of progress.

 

Lastly, if your Reiki person does talk therapy or life-coaching in addition to the energy work, perhaps give that a try if you haven't already?   Reiki + Talk Therapy + Journaling, imo, would be a good plan/perscription to address what you described in the OP.  It's what I would do if I were in your position.

 

I hope this helps.  Certainly report back if you find something that works for you?

 

Sincerely,

 

Daniel

 

 

Edited by Daniel
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, CataclysmicSky said:

 

Does letting go of this energy result in spontaneous movements of the head/spine?

After releasing it seems like energy keeps traveling up the back, inside the spine. I have tried to push this water-like sensation down to bottom of the spine but its back after a while. Additionally i can feel spiral of energy going up the front moving inside the head in counterclockwise direction and contraction/pumping  at the back od the skull and contraction of muscles on area of anus.

 

@Cleansox Before i try this one, is IT possibile that it will open even more pathways? If possibile I would prefer to drop any energywork at all and go back to mundune life.

 

@Daniel Thank for Your advice, based on that I have talked once again with my friendly Reiki person. He highly recommended me Lowen therapy to deal with that stuff in a healthy way

Edited by Kaiki
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Kaiki said:

 

 

@Cleansox Before i try this one, is IT possibile that it will open even more pathways? If possibile I would prefer to drop any energywork at all and go back to mundune life.

 

@Daniel

Yes, but that is the point in this case. 

 

It opens up the pathways that should have been opened up before doing any other kind of energetic/spiritual work. 

 

You move it down the center, which is (warning, arrogant statement coming) the proper way of doing it. 

 

And you move it down by means of a sensation, not a visualisation or by force., which is (see above) 😊

 

And (.    ) well, there is more but it still comes to "which is....". 

 

This combines well with chopping wood, strolls in a forest, and some time without screentime. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kaiki said:

drop any energywork at all and go back to mundune life.

eh?  mundane is just a word.... :rolleyes:

 

Seize this as an opportunity!  { ** he says while waving imaginary pom-poms ** }

 

Even if the opportunity that's presetned is to take a little vacation from the energy work, it's still an opportunity... IDK I'm an optimist... YMMV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Kaiki said:

Hello,

 

I am yet another one of those 'post-Mantak's books' newbies that tried something way above their level. Long story short I suspect that my Jing energy/essence is stuck in my head (upper dan tien).

 

I have tried to move it downward on my own but it seems to bring only misfortune:

- moving it down the front seems to aggravate me into all kinds of negative emotions like anger/being needy/afraid and so on. Pretty much every time I try this way I create some negative events in my life. Additionally lot of negative self-talk appears afterward.

 

- moving it down the back feels more natural and It does not feel that bad. The con of this way is that last time I have a great surge of energy (resulted in insomnia a few times before I have managed to get a grip on balance how much energy I should bring down). Additionally, sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night from nightmare with a sense of fear/dread with a hot stream of energy going down the spine.

 

Besides that, I have contacted acupuncture, reiki (helped tremendously to feel grounded again but the energy problem still persists) , and someone from Kundalini forum. The last one has told me to never, ever do the 'up the front, down the back' route. 

 

What should be the natural and safe way to bring the energy down?

Looking forward to Your replies

This might be worth a try -- simply stand in the wuji posture and let your mind rest in your lower abdominal region (near your navel). Do nothing else. Just rest your mind there. Whatever happens, don't do anything else...just keep taking your mind back to the lower abdominal region. Gently...keep going back there. 

 

Also might be worthwhile checking out and following along with this -- https://www.taichitao.tv/programs/taichi-connect-engineering-a-taichi-ball-master-waysun-liao-4192020

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

@dwai @Cleansox @CataclysmicSky

 

I have tried butter meditation and something came to my mind. It seems that crown of the head is actually closed, but the funny thing is that I feel like filled with water. I have started to focus more on this feeling and it seems that there is an orb-like point above my head that keeps attracting the water upward the whole body. Something tells me that this point should be located in the lower dantien area.

 

At the other hand I now understand my other problem - why for a long time I have felt asexual, not like a man but rather like a women. My whole body seems to be sinking in that energy

Edited by Kaiki
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Kaiki said:

@dwai @Cleansox @CataclysmicSky

 

I have tried butter meditation and something came to my mind. It seems that crown of the head is actually closed, but the funny thing is that I feel like filled with water. I have started to focus more on this feeling and it seems that there is an orb-like point above my head that keeps attracting the water upward the whole body. Something tells me that this point should be located in the lower dantien area.

 

At the other hand I know understand my other problem - why for a long time I have felt asexual, not like a man but rather like a women

There are several centers above the crown as well. Without knowing your background it is hard to suggest anything specific around that. Eventually, all the centers will merge into a single "super-center" -- but that is an advanced thing IMHO. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 7/22/2020 at 7:33 PM, Kaiki said:

Long story short I suspect that my Jing energy/essence is stuck in my head (upper dan tien).

 

Hi Kaiki,

 

I don't know what you mean by Jing energy/essence.

 

Whatever it is ~ let it dissipates out of yourself through the Crown chakra...

 

7chakra.animated.gif

 

... and feed your energy to a fruit tree.

 

Soon you will be able to perceive the fruit(s) of your own labour...

 

th?id=OIF.nXLGMr33CfHxXxhElS%2b1Jg&pid=Api&P=0&w=243&h=163 th?id=OIF.gWCqXfffo86NKIQUWtv6hA&pid=Api&P=0&w=243&h=163 th?id=OIP.o55wvsyL6YqkmXUGT_p_SgHaE8&pid=Api&P=0&w=233&h=157

 

... stuck in my head (upper dantien) ~ you have only yourself to blame.

 

Take ownership of your own solution.

 

- Anand

 

Edited by Limahong
Enhancement

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/22/2020 at 8:52 PM, thelerner said:

TDB team

 

Great... just great...

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/22/2020 at 7:33 PM, Kaiki said:

What should be the natural and safe way to bring the energy down?

 

                                                     Not down but... th?id=OIP.8QzZ2D1jDASKPByOjPeXqgHaHa&pid=Api&P=0&w=300&h=300

Blacking-Out-From-Too-Much-Alcohol.gif

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Limahong said:

 

                                                     Not down but... th?id=OIP.8QzZ2D1jDASKPByOjPeXqgHaHa&pid=Api&P=0&w=300&h=300

 

Not in the daoist tradition. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Cleansox said:

Not in the daoist tradition.

 

Hi Cleansox,

 

I am merely trying to share from a personal/experiential path traveled thus far.

 

Anyway what is in the Daoist tradition?

 

- Anand 

 

 

Edited by Limahong
Enhancement

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome to the forum @Kaiki :)

 

Unfortunately it's very common for people to get (sometimes serious) issues with Chia's system. Largely because it's pretty much made up and/or 'simplified' to the extent that it has none of the original methods it simplified.

 

At the moment, because your Qi is primed to do what you've been 'teaching it' through Chia's methods - any internal practice will support this incorrect movement. Even if it's genuine.

 

I would suggest giving internal practice a break - for maybe 3 months or so. In that period concentrate on stretching, strengthening the body, working on your core muscles with planks and other such exercises.

 

After this period, your energy system would've gone through a 'reset' - the previous 'programming' you've given your energy body would've dissipated - and you can begin anew with a more genuine system of practice (you can come back and get some great recommendations from the members here)

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Limahong said:

 

I am merely trying to share from a personal/experiential path traveled thus far.

Me too 

1 hour ago, Limahong said:

 

Anyway what is in the Daoist tradition?

Loads of stuff, developed over millennia, and over a vast geographic and cultural area. 

 

Sometimes conflicting and incoherent. 😁 

Sometimes really weird. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

@freeform Hello! I think the main problem with Mantak's book is that some of them are more like an adv pamphlet for the real thing then beginner-friendly manual. I have come to this conclusion after comparing two of his books 'Solo male cultivation' and 'Multiorgasmic man'. One of them (can't remember which one) does not contain warnings or stuff like 'you should practice it for at least X time before going into next exercise' which are present in another one...

 

Tbh I don't feel like 'energy pattern' reset is possible in my case. I have managed to unclog myself with butter meditation and now I can sense (or visualize if its better term) energy paths currently going via following small 'light orbs' that moves inside them. It seems like one of the paths is still there even tho I have tried it once or twice many years ago (when I wasn't even sensing any kind of inner energy). Maybe its a case with my young age, idk.

 

@Limahong @Cleansox I have managed to deal with the water-energy as well. Apparently I have tried too hard to stick with one energy system in this case - basing on Mantak's books I have tried to pull it into my lower dan-tien as a 'yin energy' from ren channel. So as soon I have experienced the female like energy I have deduced that something is wrong and I must fight against it.

 

@Limahong was right in this case. By pulling it downward I was creating a bigger and bigger mess. I went to the therapist yesterday to deal with something that happened lately and it came out that this water was something totally different - my feelings trapped inside the body. They wanted to manifest by moving upward but due to my energy manipulation, they couldn't. When I have spoken with the therapist this whole water-like sensation has turned into everything that I have repressed so hard lately.

Edited by Kaiki

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Kaiki said:

I went to the therapist yesterday to deal with something that happened lately and it came out that this water was something totally different - my feelings trapped inside the body.

 

Hi Kaiki,

 

Can I suggest something simple? Just pee the water OUT...

 

giphy.gif

 

 

On 7/23/2020 at 2:59 AM, Kaiki said:

Before i try this one, is IT possible that it will open even more pathways? If possible I would prefer to drop any energywork at all and go back to mundane life.

 

Very wise of you to think of a mundane  life ~ as a resolution to your present predicament for a start.

 

On that note ~ can I share 'Voices of Ordinary People'...?

 

 

Its lyrics is translated summarily thus...

 

Maybe i cannot do great stuff by myself
but i will give my contribution within my limited power
Maybe i will not be shining in the crowd
But i think i can bring enough shine and light in a small room

I never care much if i am just a regular person
because 'regular' is also happiness
Seeing famous people always so busy
but my time is my own control...
'Regular' man days can also be substantial

 

Bro ~ you will be fine.

 

- Anand

 

Edited by Limahong
Enhancement
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If possible I would like to ask for one more thing on this subject. It seems that after opening the channels the energy is traveling via them anyway so I have tried a little experiment.

 

So far 'up the back and down the front' direction seems not so healthy as mentioned in any book I could find (not only Mantak's, but many many others). I am not sure what is the exact result of this direction but I still seem to create a lot of negative emotions and energies with that. It is mostly fear, dread or anger coming up - sometimes its an emotion and sometimes just terrible hot flash-like sensation in my body. Additionally, I have broken up with my GF after leaving this direction of energy so I would like to know if this was 'cleansing some kind of karma (as mentioned in few sources) or just a coincidence. 

 

Most of the sources seem to refer to 'up the front and down the back' route in scale from abnormal to dangerous without telling exactly what it causes - like 'few people are like that but they are ultra-rare + that's a women path that shouldn't be used by a man'. I would be really grateful for any information or a proper book to educate myself.

 

Cheers!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/24/2020 at 1:58 AM, freeform said:

In that period concentrate on stretching

Hello @freeform,

 

If you don't mind the question, would you please elaborate on this ^^? 

 

Searching youtube for "Taiji for flexibility and balance" returns 100s of thousands of results.  Because of this any recommendations/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

 

Sincerely,

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello Daniel, 

 

I'm not free-form, but let me write a little comment. 

 

If there is no stretching routine you have learned, try it with this for example. I think, this is a good one. 

https://youtu.be/iW0_U1O3ynQ

 

Best wishes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 3-8-2020 at 10:13 PM, Kaiki said:

If possible I would like to ask for one more thing on this subject. It seems that after opening the channels the energy is traveling via them anyway so I have tried a little experiment.

 

So far 'up the back and down the front' direction seems not so healthy as mentioned in any book I could find (not only Mantak's, but many many others). I am not sure what is the exact result of this direction but I still seem to create a lot of negative emotions and energies with that. It is mostly fear, dread or anger coming up - sometimes its an emotion and sometimes just terrible hot flash-like sensation in my body. Additionally, I have broken up with my GF after leaving this direction of energy so I would like to know if this was 'cleansing some kind of karma (as mentioned in few sources) or just a coincidence. 

 

Most of the sources seem to refer to 'up the front and down the back' route in scale from abnormal to dangerous without telling exactly what it causes - like 'few people are like that but they are ultra-rare + that's a women path that shouldn't be used by a man'. I would be really grateful for any information or a proper book to educate myself.

 

Cheers!


 kaiki how ya doin man?

 

sorry that you’re going through this,

 

Ive  been having a  simmilar  situation. though different for the past 10 months now.

Mine were caused by some trance processes i did.

It hasnt been fun

 

On 24-7-2020 at 10:58 AM, freeform said:

Welcome to the forum @Kaiki :)

 

Unfortunately it's very common for people to get (sometimes serious) issues with Chia's system. Largely because it's pretty much made up and/or 'simplified' to the extent that it has none of the original methods it simplified.

 

At the moment, because your Qi is primed to do what you've been 'teaching it' through Chia's methods - any internal practice will support this incorrect movement. Even if it's genuine.

 

I would suggest giving internal practice a break - for maybe 3 months or so. In that period concentrate on stretching, strengthening the body, working on your core muscles with planks and other such exercises.

 

After this period, your energy system would've gone through a 'reset' - the previous 'programming' you've given your energy body would've dissipated - and you can begin anew with a more genuine system of practice (you can come back and get some great recommendations from the members here)


i just tought id repeat whats been said earlier.

im not an expert in any way but i can tell you from the conversations ive had with freeform,  that Pretty much the idea is to stop all messing around with the energy. Basicly all internal work you do now will mess it up further.  And fuell the established pattern.

 

the idea is that if you stop fuelling it and focus on dayly walks in the park, being in your body in your senses, stay outside of your head and do light physical exercise.  At some point it will either dissipate by itself or can be shifted

or so freeform promised me anyway :lol:

 

Looking forward to that day.

 

just tought id throw that outthere again.

 

 

good luck to you, and stay strong! I hope youl have this resolved soon

 

Edit|  Im just  repeating what ive been told

but il leave the details for freeform to clarify

 

 

Edited by Takingcharge
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites