Tryingtodobetter

Forum member "spotless". Missing messages.

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, ilumairen said:

Thanks for clarifying this.

 


well, your post caught me off guard but made me realize what you and Ralis were coming from.   Maybe more words would of helped in some posts to make certain statements clear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dawei said:


nope.  All my posts are about the topic of recent departures.  Ralis added in the previous departures.

 

Nope, now you're saying "Oh, but I followed the rules and stayed on topic" and sound like a guy who got caught by highway patrol saying that you were driving at the speed limit rather than the flow of traffic, and surely he can overlook the fact you were texting only a little. 

 

All through your head you are going "These are not the droids you are looking for."

 

Same tired tactics, same manipulation, same attempt to have a silver tongue.

 

The hole you dig is only getting deeper. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

 

Nope, now you're saying "Oh, but I followed the rules and stayed on topic" and sound like a guy who got caught by highway patrol saying that you were driving at the speed limit rather than the flow of traffic, and surely he can overlook the fact you were texting only a little. 

 

All through your head you are going "These are not the droids you are looking for."

 

Same tired tactics, same manipulation, same attempt to have a silver tongue.

 

The hole you dig is only getting deeper. 


re-read. You’ll see I’ve been mentioning the recent departures.   That is the topic at the start and my comment at the start was quoted.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, dawei said:


re-read. You’ll see I’ve been mentioning the recent departures.   That is the topic at the start and my comment at the start was quoted.   

 

Read already. No comprehension issues. Sad when you can't comprehend your own writing or even spell check for that matter. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, dawei said:


well, your post caught me off guard but made me realize what you and Ralis were coming from.   Maybe more words would of helped in some posts to make certain statements clear.

 

It was only today I recognized I need some work with my online communication skills. Thanks for the timely feedback. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ilumairen said:

 

It was only today I recognized I need some work with my online communication skills. Thanks for the timely feedback. 


I include myself. Thanks.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, dawei said:


I include myself. Thanks.

 

While we are on the subject, a few capitals at the beginning of sentences would be appreciated.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ralis said:

 

While we are on the subject, a few capitals at the beginning of sentences would be appreciated.


Not sure why the iPad is not consistent in starting a sentence as capitalized.  I had to even fix the first sentence. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, dawei said:


Not sure why the iPad is not consistent in starting a sentence as capitalized.  I had to even fix the first sentence. 

 

It is the iPad's fault? My iPad doesn't do that and I will be buying a Mac Mini soon and I doubt that will be a problem.

Edited by ralis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, dawei said:


you made a completely false statement.  If you don’t know every last person in depth enough to make such a false comment then it’s delusional, right?
 

why not say something people can believe, like , most were...  

 

OK, most were alt-right Trump sycophants, that were allowed to grow under your watch, obviously with your blessing.  Is that better?  I will risk being briefly off-topic to pin down certain things that wriggle.

Edited by moment
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, moment said:

 

OK, most were alt-right Trump sycophants, that were allowed to grow under your watch, obviously with your blessing.  Is that better?  I will risk being briefly off-topic to pin down certain things that wriggle.

 

That was a crazy phase indeed.

Delighted Sean assumed the wrathful emanation of Yamantaka in a timely manner and severed these virtually contracted heads. lol

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, moment said:

 

OK, most were alt-right Trump sycophants, that were allowed to grow under your watch, obviously with your blessing.  Is that better?  I will risk being briefly off-topic to pin down certain things that wriggle.

 

Using 'most' would only make it more believable but not necessarily true.   

 

Most of the members who have departed were not alt-right.  It has already been mentioned elsewhere, those banned in the first wave were not due to politics but infractions.  The second wave seemed less political bans but disruptions.   And most of those who left (some had no affiliation to the right but simply disgusted with the fallout) have been members here 10-15 years.  Like everyone on the board, left-center-right, they have grown of their own accord over the years, had many fights, been suspended, etc.   I don't think you have enough history here to know of the 'endless wars this board seems to attract' (paraphrase of our owner).   When you see war after war, you see a pattern to them as well. 

 

They didn't have my blessing.  When I raised the issue early on, I allowed the instructions I was given from above, to "let it go".   Is that better?   

 

The forum still has the same forces that caused the problems.  You can't replace right conspiracy and hate with left conspiracy and hate and expect it to get better here.   If you really want to connect all the dots, and they have been shared, I can talk in PM.   

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, dawei said:

 

Using 'most' would only make it more believable but not necessarily true.   

 

Most of the members who have departed were not alt-right.  It has already been mentioned elsewhere, those banned in the first wave were not due to politics but infractions.  The second wave seemed less political bans but disruptions.   And most of those who left (some had no affiliation to the right but simply disgusted with the fallout) have been members here 10-15 years.  Like everyone on the board, left-center-right, they have grown of their own accord over the years, had many fights, been suspended, etc.   I don't think you have enough history here to know of the 'endless wars this board seems to attract' (paraphrase of our owner).   When you see war after war, you see a pattern to them as well. 

 

They didn't have my blessing.  When I raised the issue early on, I allowed the instructions I was given from above, to "let it go".   Is that better?   

 

The forum still has the same forces that caused the problems.  You can't replace right conspiracy and hate with left conspiracy and hate and expect it to get better here.   If you really want to connect all the dots, and they have been shared, I can talk in PM.   


I am surprised you’re still able to type with how long your nose is growing from all the lies you’re telling. It must be getting in the way of your keyboard when typing or the screen you can’t see clearly.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, dawei said:

 

Using 'most' would only make it more believable but not necessarily true.   

 

Most of the members who have departed were not alt-right.  It has already been mentioned elsewhere, those banned in the first wave were not due to politics but infractions.  The second wave seemed less political bans but disruptions.   And most of those who left (some had no affiliation to the right but simply disgusted with the fallout) have been members here 10-15 years.  Like everyone on the board, left-center-right, they have grown of their own accord over the years, had many fights, been suspended, etc.   I don't think you have enough history here to know of the 'endless wars this board seems to attract' (paraphrase of our owner).   When you see war after war, you see a pattern to them as well. 

 

They didn't have my blessing.  When I raised the issue early on, I allowed the instructions I was given from above, to "let it go".   Is that better?   

 

The forum still has the same forces that caused the problems.  You can't replace right conspiracy and hate with left conspiracy and hate and expect it to get better here.   If you really want to connect all the dots, and they have been shared, I can talk in PM.   

 

With you the buck stops everywhere but with you.  A true Trump philosophy. You said, "I don't think you have enough history here to know of the 'endless wars this board seems to attract";  --That is the other tactic you like do use, trying to undercut peoples' credibility with how you have been here longer or by inference that I am a newbie compared to you, etc, etc.

Another one I love, is you saying I had my instructions from above.  Yet, I am pretty sure that most here will remember when you said " Sean lets me do whatever I want".

You see-- that is the problem with you, you never take responsibility for your actions, you always have excuses, you love throwing up straw men.  You had the power to balance this site during your admin, you just did not have the centeredness/wisdom to do so and from this conversation here you obviously still don't.

BTW, I do a lot of PMing but, they are all my friends.  So my PMing with you is not going to happen.

Edited by moment
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, moment said:

Another one I love, is you saying I had my instructions from above.  Yet, I am pretty sure that most here will remember when you said " Sean lets me do whatever I want".

 

That had a context as does the fact that I went to him several times over several issues.   Despite what he gave in his absence for authority, I still went to him on issues.   The board seems far less balanced now.  

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dawei said:

 

That had a context as does the fact that I went to him several times over several issues.   Despite what he gave in his absence for authority, I still went to him on issues.   The board seems far less balanced now.  

 

Rather than argue about unverifiable intangibles, I will just go with, you were dumped as admin, because you did a lousy job. Of course the board seems less balanced--- to you!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, dawei said:

 

The board seems far less balanced now.  

 

Interesting observation. Some elaboration would make for good conversation, perhaps. 

 

Another point you made thats worth expanding upon: The forum still has the same forces that caused the problems.  You can't replace right conspiracy and hate with left conspiracy and hate and expect it to get better here. 

 

What exactly did you mean by left conspiracy and hate in the context of this site? Who exactly are the haters you're referring to, that, in your opinion, have been left to their own devices here? 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As expected, dawei attempts to take a smug and aloof air to self-aggrandize in order to create an air of mystery and intrigue around him, in the hopes of creating the illusion of significance long after he’s proven he’s nothing but an opportunist and sycophant. And whomever he’s trying to impress is neither important nor going to make any difference given that he’s already revealed he’s as useful as worn shoes and as essential as a wet towel.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, C T said:

 

Interesting observation. Some elaboration would make for good conversation, perhaps. 

 

Another point you made thats worth expanding upon: The forum still has the same forces that caused the problems.  You can't replace right conspiracy and hate with left conspiracy and hate and expect it to get better here. 

 

What exactly did you mean by left conspiracy and hate in the context of this site? Who exactly are the haters you're referring to, that, in your opinion, have been left to their own devices here? 

 

I'd recommend you start a thread on that and ask for member input;

 

Is purging half the opinions on the forum, balance ?

 

Is the newer forum more balanced when members like Spotless and Walker leave/are pushed out ?


Is replacing right conspiracy and hate messages with left conspiracy and hate messages balancing the forum?

 

If folks like this kind of 'balance' then so be it.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, dawei said:

 

I'd recommend you start a thread on that and ask for member input;

 

Is purging half the opinions on the forum, balance ?

 

Is the newer forum more balanced when members like Spotless and Walker leave/are pushed out ?


Is replacing right conspiracy and hate messages with left conspiracy and hate messages balancing the forum?

 

If folks like this kind of 'balance' then so be it.

 

 

Exactly, where is the dreaded left wing conspiracy? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

40 minutes ago, dawei said:

Is the newer forum more balanced when members like Spotless and Walker leave/are pushed out ?

 

This is the second time you've mentioned Walker in this type of context; yet I haven't seen anything to indicate he's leaving/ has left/was pushed out. 

 

(And I'm finding myself unable to reconcile the idea of anyone being able to push him anywhere..)

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, ralis said:

 

Exactly, where is the dreaded left wing conspiracy? 

Thats what i found intriguing too. And the hate. Where's the hate? Pushbacks, sure... but hate? Maybe from those who got kicked out, there was a fair amount of that. Lots of flame throwers in that camp. Still one or two lurking here who's escape the net. Drive-by shooters like Bax44 & that mortal fella, for example. As for Walker, that eloquent script writer who's got anger issues, I doubt he's gone for good, but if he has, then great. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dawei said:

I'd recommend you start a thread on that and ask for member input;

That wont be necessary, but thanks for the suggestion. I was more interested in your input since it was your comment. And this thread is as good as any, seeing that you stated Spotless got pushed out or left. 

 

1 hour ago, dawei said:

Is purging half the opinions on the forum, balance ?

Would help if you quantify 'half the opinions' cos in my mind the site is much more balanced than before. 

 

1 hour ago, dawei said:

Is the newer forum more balanced when members like Spotless and Walker leave/are pushed out ?

Yes, I think the balance wasn't tilted that much with their assumed departure. Do you honestly believe they were pushed, or was it that they simply could not muster the patience, a vital element on the spiritual path and life in general, to self-reflect and conclude that maybe others are allowed to have their own opinions, and may not enjoy having things shoved down their throats, regardless? And when opposing views clash, to then resort to vile ad hominems and feeling justified for doing so? Is this the behavioural content that leads to the balance you hinted at? 

 

1 hour ago, dawei said:

If folks like this kind of 'balance' then so be it.

That sounds like a cop out, one laced with sarcasm too. I don't think it reflects the issue at hand accurately because your interpretation of what constitutes balance on TDB is still not clear. 

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

2 hours ago, dawei said:

Is purging half the opinions on the forum, balance ?

 

Is the newer forum more balanced [...]


Is [...] balancing the forum?

 

If folks like this kind of 'balance' then so be it.

 

 

I don't believe the intent behind what was implemented during "the return of Sean" was whatever this idea of balance is. And as such, I don't believe it (whatever it actually is) would be a proper metric for determining success or failure of the vision he was holding when he chose to act on what he saw.

 

Perhaps the better metric would be a measure of how many of his "hard no, instant ban worthy offenses" we presently experience compared to what was experienced prior?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, dawei said:

You can't replace right conspiracy and hate with left conspiracy and hate and expect it to get better here.  

I agree.  Though perhaps because of my own leanings I find the left wing here, less conspiracy and hateful <then Talk Trump in its heyday>

 

My biggest fear a few months back was that you had some alt-right sites closing and we'd have them migrate here.  I was beginning to see that happen.   I was a little glad to see Sean's action but bothered by the extreme one sidedness of it. 

 

When we have active mods back, I hope they keep an eye on the politics.  That personal insults and trolling are given warnings.  That our political discussions evolve to be factual, more philosophical and less mocking and exaggerated. 

 

 

<I enjoy the mocking as much as anybody, but realize that when the other side does it, I feel uncomfortable.  Like gossip, its fun to do.  So, the answer is.. don't over do it??>

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites