C T

Sadhguru's Series on Mysticism & the Occult

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, silent thunder said:

well... that escalated quickly.

 

And it de-escalated even faster... rotfl.gif

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, C T said:
Quote

Still waiting for a PM from you - you stupid, spineless, little wanker.

Why would you want to show such anger and bitterness openly? 

This seems to be something you've been carrying with you for a long time. 

Quite silly, imo to be lugging around such a heavy baggage, but hey, its your life... not trying to tell you how to live it. 

It just seems quite pointless, but that too depends on your personal journey. Again, this is entirely your path. 

Your choice how you want to walk it. 

 

Tell me to bugger off and I will. :) 

 

You have quite a dedication to shitpost on board after been told by so many people that you have Issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, GSmaster said:

 

You have quite a dedication to shitpost on board after been told by so many people that you have Issues.

 

More cockwombling from a total noob lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, C T said:

from a total noob lol

 

Everyone whom ever called me a noob, has been proven to have brain damage. You will have a nice company.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, GSmaster said:

 

Everyone whom ever called me a noob, has been proven to have brain damage. You will have a nice company.

 

And you, noob, are already in nice company. Enjoy it while it lasts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, C T said:

are already in nice company

 

I do have a nice company. Practitioners, smart people, cultivators, in my follower base majority have very high Iq and mental abilities, coders, artists, professional cyber sportsmen.

 

53 minutes ago, C T said:

noob

 

Guess you are butthurt, but people pay me money to learn / train things. Thats called Pro.


Noob is someone who is clueless and doesnot know what he is talking about, like @C T with his "Scan". 

Edited by GSmaster
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, C T said:

Have you studied or taken refuge under this guru then? 

 

Curious. 

 

Wouldn't taking refuge under the guru, any guru, be for those uncertain or feeling shaky with their connection to their own inner refuge? And as such, isn't it meant to be a means of recognizing and stabilizing one's own (inner) connection, temporarily projected into the form of another? Further rendering whatever is experienced as refuge in another the manifestation of a "not yet matured" (for lack of a better way to phrase it, and certainly not meant in a derisive manner) mind?

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ilumairen said:

 

Curious. 

 

Wouldn't taking refuge under the guru, any guru, be for those uncertain or feeling shaky with their connection to their own inner refuge? And as such, isn't it meant to be a means of recognizing and stabilizing one's own (inner) connection, temporarily projected into the form of another? Further rendering whatever is experienced as refuge in another the manifestation of a "not yet matured" (for lack of a better way to phrase it, and certainly not meant in a derisive manner) mind?

 

 

 

Good question, and one that has persisted as a matter worthy of contemplation because there seems to be many layers to the concept, and the premise you posed is certainly valid and applicable to some, although im not entirely sure of the precise dynamics involved where this projection happens in such a way so that one's inner connection is temporarily diverted/deflected to what I assume to be an external entity, for eg, a living guru. Nonetheless, it happens. Noticeably too. Some teachers have said this is a misunderstanding, and if one begins to sense something is off, remedial action is needed to check it back to its proper course. 

 

According to the same teachers, the correct approach to grasping the essence of the true meaning of refuge-taking is to first understand that the ultimate source of refuge is none other than one's own intrinsic perfection, or perfected potential (Tathagatagarbha - the embryo of the Tatagatha). Maintaining this clarity is vital. Otherwise one can be misled or deceived by some spurious 'teachers' who prey on the naivete of students.

 

One must always be free and confident to surrender the false ego without feeling vulnerable.

 

Some aspects to consider with regards to refuge-taking - - In the main, I'd say that it engenders devotion, nurtures trust, strengthens commitment and conviction -- done correctly, this dissolves aggression and allows humility to gradually take root. The conscious effort of taking refuge checks the ego at the door each time its undertaken as an entry into formal practice sessions, and in the tradition that I'm familiar with, this is considered a worthy & virtuous undertaking as Aversion (giving rise to anger, hatred and pride) is recognised as one of the 3 poisons that can potentially create harmful obstacles for a practitioner. The other two being Delusion and Attachment, as you'd likely already know. 

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/6/2020 at 11:46 AM, dwai said:

FWIW, Sadhguru is legit. I know many high level practitioners attest to his abilities as a genuine dhyana siddha. And these are not some anonymous cowards on the internet either,  but rather are very highly reputed and respected individuals whom I know personally (and their own capabilities as well). 

 

 

Legit, yes, but the degree of "legit-ness" is fundamentally in question in regards to certain aspects for certain people.  For other people, the very same concerns may not even register at all.

 

I dont really have anything against him.  I could nit-pick here and there, but thats a whole other story.  In general he is a quick reference for many topics that havent been as widely discussed in such a mainstream way until now, which is of course "useful".

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One may present the same lesson to Graduate students, Middle schoolers and Toddlers.

 

Though lesson may remain the same; the manner of presenting it often reflects those it is aimed toward.

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ऋषि said:

 

Legit, yes, but the degree of "legit-ness" is fundamentally in question in regards to certain aspects for certain people.  For other people, the very same concerns may not even register at all.

It is a matter of personal acceptance for people, as well as subject the the 'adhikara' of said individual. A very wise man had once told me that two teachers might share the same knowledge, but one would be right and one would be wrong.  Also, a teacher might give the same knowledge to two people, but for one it will be right, while the other it will be wrong. 

1 hour ago, ऋषि said:

 

I dont really have anything against him.  I could nit-pick here and there, but thats a whole other story.  In general he is a quick reference for many topics that havent been as widely discussed in such a mainstream way until now, which is of course "useful".

:) 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love listening to Sadhguru, modern sage of great wisdom. Inner engineering course is great and I can recommend it.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While I enjoy Sadhguru's talks, this one is bizarre.  I don't understand why anyone would study such a strange necronomic subject.  But its a big world. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've taken one of Sadhguru's online classes. I actually felt the shakti power so at least for me Sadhguru is legit. It's possible he won't be for someone else. I mean...even the Buddha had people who had karmic connections and got spiritual benefit from one of his own disciples but not at all from Him(!) and when questioned by his disciples about it he said it was due to different past actions in a prior lifetime by both himself and the disciple vis-a-vis the lay people in who's town the Buddha's Sanga were staying.

 

In any case I figure holding in esteem anyone else's opinion above one's own to be a passing phase as much as doing the reverse (ie holding one's own opinion above others).

 

If one gets benefit from Sadhguru's talks that's fine, if not, that's also fine.

 

 

What was that phrase from (I think) it was Diogenes?

 

"You don't hand over your body to just any stranger sir so why would you do the same with your mind?"

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

The old saying: "When the student is ready, the teacher appears."

 

has through my process morphed into...

 

"When one unfolds in presence, all of life reveals as Teacher."

 

Every insect, bush, tree, cloud, person, stone, flowing creek.  Every nasty politician, vile abuser and soft Momma cat feeding her young... are my Teacher.

 

All of life is constantly exemplifying its innate true nature... it's me who tunes that flow in or out depending on my level of myopia and focus.

 

As a precursor to this insight, the following thought shouted itself into my mind years ago to lasting resonant effect.

 

"It is a poor man indeed, who while not listening, stomps about proclaiming Nature to be mute."

Every aspect of reality has a lesson for me in recent years.

 

I listen to everything more intimately than I used to; when I assumed the answer to my seeking must lie outside of me somewhere, in a book, a lecture, a teacher of meditation forms, or in some remote valley I'd hiked to seeking release, comfort, insight. 

 

Now all answers arise from within... but the sense of self has expanded exponentially, encompassing all that is perceived... whether loved or despised.  For in the end, all that i love and all that i despise, arise from the same source... so the difference between the loved and despise, must stem from within.

 

Now the insights are all about me, resonating.  Untruths no longer bother me as they used to, they serve Truth when revealed as untrue.  Others are no longer other than i... they are recognized as extensions of the one flowing Awareness and speak with my voice, even when they don't speak.

 

It's utterly blissful and at times heart breaking.

 

 

Edited by silent thunder
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 4/10/2020 at 4:47 PM, silent thunder said:

The old saying: "When the student is ready, the teacher appears."

 

has through my process morphed into...

 

"When one unfolds in presence, all of life reveals as Teacher."

 

I'm a bit behind you then as I've yet to experience any kind of "blissed-out-ness" but I'm starting to experience every day the 'just let things be what they are' and no mental categorizing or labeling too. It's why I no longer identify myself as a "Buddhist". I guess if someone really presses me on it I would say "Dharma-ist". But even that is beginning to fade now.

 

Fun fact! I just found out recently - via a cursory glance at a page in the Vijnana Bhairava Tantra - this dropping of self-identifying I'm a "Buddhist" (or Daoist, Hindu, etc) - this is one of the signs a slightly higher level chakra and meridians are starting to wake up. Talk about me being super surprised to see the very thing I'm now experiencing every day  - I'm reading about it right there on the page along with the guru's commentary and he said this is exactly one of the things that happens.

 

According to Sadhguru the ordinary human has 21 chakras fully awake and functioning. Once one becomes interested in spiritual or magical practices it's a sign the 22nd (or more) chakra is starting to wake up.   :D

Edited by JustARandomPanda
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JustARandomPanda said:

 

I'm a bit behind you then as I've yet to experience any kind of "blissed-out-ness" but I'm starting to experience every day the 'just let things be what they are' and no mental categorizing or labeling too. It's why I no longer identify myself as a "Buddhist". I guess if someone really presses me on it I would say "Dharma-ist". But even that is beginning to fade now.

 

Fun fact! I just found out recently - via a cursory glance at a page in the Vijnana Bhairava Tantra - this dropping of self-identifying I'm a "Buddhist" (or Daoist, Hindu, etc) - this is one of the signs a slightly higher level chakra and meridians are starting to wake up. Talk about me being super surprised to see the very thing I'm now experiencing every day  - I'm reading about it right there on the page along with the guru's commentary and he said this is exactly one of the things that happens.

 

According to Sadhguru the ordinary human has 21 chakras fully awake and functioning. Once one becomes interested in spiritual or magical practices it's a sign the 22nd (or more) chakra is starting to wake up.   :D

 

Out of curiosity, Random Panda, would you mind sharing what you think bliss is? :) 

 

As for labels, yeah, they can be quite a burden at times. At other times, its like, "So what?" As Namkhai Norbu said, "The value of any tradition or path lies solely in the inner awakening that an individual can arrive at through it." Identifying oneself as any -ist does not enhance that inner awakening in the least. It won't really diminish it either. I guess it largely depends on the spiritual maturity of the individual who chooses to be identified as such and such. If it supports their practice, well and good. Imo, Anyone who's dedicated to an awakening process and cultivates ethically, consciously and compassionately, in the absolute sense, will eventually be liberated. Just a question of lifetimes really. At some point in the evolution of consciousness, could even happen in this present life, all beings will realise the universal conditions necessary to fully unlock their enlightening potential.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, C T said:

 

Out of curiosity, Random Panda, would you mind sharing what you think bliss is? :)

 

Hmm...

 

Well my knee-jerk response is that I assumed it was an emotion that was so amazing it could lead to tears of joy. But now I'm wondering if perhaps that is wrong? I do on occasion feel a slight bit of joyfulness at night when I chant. However, it is sporadic and never sticks around and alas I still have monkey mind though not nearly as bad as it once was.

 

I agree with  your entire post above. I could imagine someone much further along than myself being ok with self-identifying as this or that. If they want to say "I'm a so-and-so." I'm totally ok with it. In many instances I can see how such could be helpful depending on the situation it's being said in.

 

I just don't see myself as being that far along the spiritual path and the more I practice the more aware of just how "unconscious" I am of so much about everything I call "me".  OK. Truthfully I don't really know if someone posting on DaoBums is further along than myself or not of course. Which is why I posted earlier about not holding other's opinions in higher esteem than my own - or vise versa.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Was mumbling something at 5am in the morning. My apologies. 

8 hours ago, JustARandomPanda said:

 

Edited by C T

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites