C T

Sadhguru's Series on Mysticism & the Occult

Recommended Posts

Interesting topic presented by Sadhguru about yogis who have developed certain mystical powers that enable them to bring the dead back to life. 

 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, gatito said:

He's a fake guru CT...

 

:rolleyes:

 

 

Whats the degree of his fakeness, in your opinion? 

And whats the criteria you're using to qualify your opinion? 

Which guru have you personally certified as authentic? 

This is important to know, for obvious reasons. 

Lol

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sadhguru is certainly smart and charismatic, and generally worth listening to, however I don't know what to think about his authenticity. He is basically a mainstream spiritual brand now, haha.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, C T said:

 

Whats the degree of his fakeness, in your opinion? 

And whats the criteria you're using to qualify your opinion? 

Which guru have you personally certified as authentic? 

This is important to know, for obvious reasons. 

Lol

 

 

Nice1! CT!  rotfl.gif

 

9 minutes ago, C T said:

Whats the degree of his fakeness, in your opinion? 

 

On a scale of 0-10, about 5.

 

10 minutes ago, C T said:

And whats the criteria you're using to qualify your opinion? 

 

विवेक

 

10 minutes ago, C T said:

Which guru have you personally certified as authentic? 

 

ब्रह्म

 

14 minutes ago, C T said:

This is important to know, for obvious reasons. 

 

Obviously...

 

15 minutes ago, C T said:

Lol

 

rotfl.gif

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, gatito said:

 

Nice1! CT!  rotfl.gif

 

 

On a scale of 0-10, about 5.

 

 

विवेक

 

 

ब्रह्म

 

 

Obviously...

 

 

rotfl.gif

 

 

 

No idea what those neat looking characters mean, nor what your intention is in using them. 

That hallmark pink rolling head is quite entertaining lol

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, C T said:

No idea what those neat looking characters mean, nor what your intention is in using them. 

 

It's just sanskrit.

 

5 minutes ago, C T said:

That hallmark pink rolling head is quite entertaining lol

 

Glad you like like it!

 

rotfl.gifTM

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Ekstasis said:

Sadhguru is certainly smart and charismatic, and generally worth listening to, however I don't know what to think about his authenticity. He is basically a mainstream spiritual brand now, haha.

Is being a mainstream spiritual brand a criteria for determining a guru's authenticity? 

I have my own ideas, but would like to hear what others think in this regard - what qualifies a guru as authentic? Or mainstream, for that matter. Is Mother Meera considered mainstream? Is she regarded as authentic? What about Amma? 

 

These are sincere questions. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even if he's 50% fake, that would mean he's authentic half the time. 

How does this influence the content of the video? 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, C T said:

Is being a mainstream spiritual brand a criteria for determining a guru's authenticity? 

I have my own ideas, but would like to hear what others think in this regard - what qualifies a guru as authentic? Or mainstream, for that matter. Is Mother Meera considered mainstream? Is she regarded as authentic? What about Amma? 

 

These are sincere questions. 

 

 

The sincere answer is that unless the "guru" helps you to access fully  the Truth yourself directly within 6-24 month, s/he's a fake.

 

The only True guru is ब्रह्म, the Ultimate Truth ItSelf.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, C T said:

Even if he's 50% fake, that would mean he's authentic half the time. 

 

No. That was not what I intended to convey.

 

3 minutes ago, C T said:

How does this influence the content of the video? 

 

I haven't watched that specific video, nor do I intend so to do because the title itself is arrant, superstitious nonsense, as anyone with even a modicum of विवेक will see.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, gatito said:

 

The sincere answer is that unless the "guru" helps you to access fully  the Truth yourself directly within 6-24 month, s/he's a fake.

 

The only True guru is ब्रह्म, the Ultimate Truth ItSelf.

 

 

But then you used the term 'fake' to describe this guru. 

Do you know many of his followers/close disciples to make that assessment count as valid? 

So correct me if im wrong about the last statement:  Are you separating Ultimate Truth as an independent entity? 

Whats your definition of Ultimate Truth? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FWIW, Sadhguru is legit. I know many high level practitioners attest to his abilities as a genuine dhyana siddha. And these are not some anonymous cowards on the internet either,  but rather are very highly reputed and respected individuals whom I know personally (and their own capabilities as well). 

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, gatito said:

The only True guru is ब्रह्म, the Ultimate Truth ItSelf.

 

As opposed to the jumped-up little sex-pest jivas who delude themselves and others into the belief they're "sharing presence" in internet chatrooms...

 

Presence is obviously OmniPresent and doesn't require the intervention of any jumped-up jivas.

 

That's just basic Hinduism 101...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 4/6/2020 at 10:46 AM, dwai said:

FWIW, Sadhguru is legit. I know many high level practitioners attest to his abilities as a genuine dhyana siddha. And these are not some anonymous cowards on the internet either,  but rather are very highly reputed and respected individuals whom I know personally (and their own capabilities as well). 

 

 

You little shit!

 

PM me and I'll give you the opportunity meet me and to gob-off to me face-to-face you gutless twat!

 

<Moderator note: This was written at a time when we didn't have active moderators.  Now that we do, this would bring a suspension>

 

Edited by Welcomer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I've found his Sadhguru's videos insightful.  Though since he's asked questions on virtually every subject, at times, when outside of his expertise he'll be.. less.. accurate, but within the sphere of spirituality and human dynamics his lessons are excellent.  <though they are most often through an Indian cultural lens>

 

<note haven't seen the video in OP yet.  The picture in the video does not fill me with confidence, ie its not one I'd play because its not something I care about, ie on a very strange subject,  corpses walking?   I'll get to it, for now,  A walk in the sunshine, cause we're all pent up and touchier then normal.>

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, C T said:

Do you know many of his followers/close disciples to make that assessment count as valid? 

 

If they're close followers/close disciples they're obviously true believers, aren't they?

 

8 minutes ago, C T said:

Are you separating Ultimate Truth as an independent entity?

 

No.

 

8 minutes ago, C T said:

Whats your definition of Ultimate Truth? 

 

चैतन्यमात्मा

 

However, please note it's not "mine".

 

There is no "me" - in that respect Buddhist annata is entirely correct.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, gatito said:

You little shit!

 

PM me and I'll give you the opportunity meet me and to gob-off to me face-to-face you gutless twat!

 

 

Still waiting for a PM from you - you stupid, spineless, little wanker.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, gatito said:

 

If they're close followers/close disciples they're obviously true believers, aren't they?

 

 

No.

 

 

चैतन्यमात्मा

 

However, please note it's not "mine".

 

There is no "me" - in that respect Buddhist annata is entirely correct.

 

Have you studied or taken refuge under this guru then? 

Im still unsure how you formed the opinion that he's fake, unless by virtue of your deference to Ultimate Truth being the only true guru implies that all human gurus are therefore fake? 

 

Anatta is neither entirely correct nor incorrect, imo. 

Its simply an aspect of existence where individual investigation is necessary so as to unravel its meaning and nature. 

Even then, no two persons will share identical anatta realizations, although they may both recognize the same path leading to it. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, gatito said:

 

Still waiting for a PM from you - you stupid, spineless, little wanker.

 

 

Why would you want to show such anger and bitterness openly? 

This seems to be something you've been carrying with you for a long time. 

Quite silly, imo to be lugging around such a heavy baggage, but hey, its your life... not trying to tell you how to live it. 

It just seems quite pointless, but that too depends on your personal journey. Again, this is entirely your path. 

Your choice how you want to walk it. 

 

Tell me to bugger off and I will. :) 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, C T said:

Tell me to bugger off and I will. :) 

 

Why do you imagine that I'd tell you to "bugger off"?

 

Did you imagine that I took your opinion of me either seriously or personally?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

1 minute ago, gatito said:

Did you imagine that I took your opinion of me either seriously or personally?

 

 

This (in a general sense) is something I've found rather fascinating here - the dynamics of how seriously and personally opinions are/can be taken. Watching the dynamics play out in myself and others has certainly been part of my personal exploration and path.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, C T said:

Have you studied or taken refuge under this guru then? 

 

How stupid would I have to be to "take refuge" under any jiva, let alone this one ?

 

23 minutes ago, C T said:

Im still unsure how you formed the opinion that he's fake, [...]

 

For the last time CT: विवेक

 

27 minutes ago, C T said:

[...] unless by virtue of your deference to Ultimate Truth being the only true guru implies that all human gurus are therefore fake? 

 

It's a lot more subtle and complex than that CT.

 

25 minutes ago, C T said:

Anatta is neither entirely correct nor incorrect, imo. 

Its simply an aspect of existence where individual investigation is necessary so as to unravel its meaning and nature. 

Even then, no two persons will share identical anatta realizations, although they may both recognize the same path leading to it.

 

In my understanding, I cannot really fault it. Fortunately, it doesn't actually matter a jot either way.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

well... that escalated quickly.

 

Must be some poignant truths involved to get folks riled up.

 

 

I've always appreciated Sadhguru's sense of playfulness, with words and concepts.

 

 

 

 

  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ilumairen said:

 

 

This (in a general sense) is something I've found rather fascinating here - the dynamics of how seriously and personally opinions are/can be taken. Watching the dynamics play out in myself and others has certainly been part of my personal exploration and path.

 

 

That's extremely interesting!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites