salaam123

How to stop leaking of Original Chi

Breathing is a very sensitive process.

Willfully changing your breathing will only be ‘effective’ for that period of time. 

Techniques that involve breath control are designed for a specific purpose for that specific exercise. 

Becoming hyper vigilant of your breathing and trying to control it day to day will result in all kinds of issues - like anxiety, palpitations and other problems long term. I know because I’ve done it :)

There are classic qualities of breath that must arise spontaneously as a byproduct of your training - not qualities that you willfully contrive.

The permanent change of breath in accordance with classic principles can only happen as a result of release (Sung) and awareness (Ting)

Once again - contrived breathing of any kind (including belly breathing) shouldn’t be used to change your natural day-to-day breathing pattern. It will cause health and mental issues if done intensively for a long time.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, freeform said:

Becoming hyper vigilant of your breathing and trying to control it day to day will result in all kinds of issues - like anxiety, palpitations and other problems long term. I know because I’ve done it :)

3 minutes ago, freeform said:

Once again - contrived breathing of any kind (including belly breathing) shouldn’t be used to change your natural day-to-day breathing pattern. It will cause health and mental issues if done intensively for a long time.

hmmmm.....
I have not encountered this kind of problem yet.

10 minutes ago, freeform said:

It will cause health and mental issues if done intensively for a long time.

5 minutes ago, ReturnDragon said:

hmmmm.....

Self-denial is a very good sign of mental health problems. :rolleyes:

9 minutes ago, freeform said:

Willfully changing your breathing will only be ‘effective’ for that period of time. 

Techniques that involve breath control are designed for a specific purpose for that specific exercise. 

There are classic qualities of breath that must arise spontaneously as a byproduct of your training - not qualities that you willfully contrive.

The permanent change of breath in accordance with classic principles can only happen as a result of release (Sung) and awareness (Ting)

Maybe for some but not everyone. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ReturnDragon said:

hmmmm.....

You might have mental problems you’re unaware of :lol:

1 hour ago, MBZ said:

Maybe for some but not everyone. 

But yes you’re right - not everyone.

Again it really depends on the level of determination with your practice. I’m the type to go a bit overboard - reverse breathing for 8hrs a day for month on end...

But what I can say is that if a person who has been contriving their breathing regularly receives a strong Qi transmission, they’ll get an adrenal dump and become anxious and panicky. I’ve seen this happen a lot.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, ReturnDragon said:

I already told you how to do it. The result won't happen overnight. It takes months and years to correct your breathing problem. I won't comment on what others are telling you. Use your own discretion.

I tried breathing low yesterday but then I didn't do it today and reverted back to the way I have been breathing for many years, above the navel about in the midsection but then I started feeling terrible when the  evening was coming and I felt like I was about to break mentally but then I went back to breathing low with the navel and now I'm feeling ok. Thank you for your help.

Edited by salaam123
  • Like 1

Seems to me that I was incorrect after all. I had to make some calls but I couldn't be normal, i had negative energy. I wasn't out of breath, I don't think I was the last time either, when I talked with friend, that would be different. I don't think breathing low is natural after all.

For me it is easy to feel when I go wrong because I don't have good chi to make up for the incorrect practices. So I can feel the effects more strongly.

• Confused 1

I think I felt a little bit better and easier to talk when I changed breathing to diaphgram. I think I will go this way for now at least. Unless something new comes up.

Edited by salaam123
  • Like 1

On 2020-04-04 at 6:26 PM, salaam123 said:

Hi all, I am having difficulties to store Original Chi(with Original Chi I mean it in the way Mantak Chia teaches in his books), it doesn't stay where it should stay but leaks down.

This is already commented 🤪

On 2020-04-04 at 6:26 PM, salaam123 said:

Due to this and in addition to a psychiatric medicine I have been using, it is very tiring for me to do any manual work... /

Any tips?

Since few get on meds without a reason, the reason you started on them might be where to start. 

Fatigue? 

Sleeping problems?

Although ReturnDragon might be right and you have a lack of oxygen, that would imply lung disease (go and see a doctor) or perhaps a heart condition (doctor, again). 

But if that is not the case, and this is based in any kind of mental health issue, fatigue (fatigue syndromes has a lot of symptoms) can have its root in several dysfunctions. 

Low grade chronic inflammation, 

Low levels of vitamine B6, 12, or D. 

These are usually checked up, and while taking them might not be enough, lacking them might prevent you from returning to health. 

A lack of proper circulation in the brain is one of the things that tend to show up in medical research. 

Breathing exercises might do the trick, but there are more options that should be utilized just to make sure. 

Actually, yuan qi is a part of it. 

Depending on your definition of yuan qi, and your sense of humor. 

A medical practitioner (no matter what tradition) skilled in your kind of problem (that probably narrows it down) might give you some pointers for some active rehabilitation, but even with that help it might be hard to get results. 

• Like 2

thanks for reply. A couple or two times a day I can feel something sparkling flowing from my body through the legs to the ground. Before it was happening more frequently,  I guess its going to happen less and less and then I die,  I don't think I will die very soon though, because im in my mid thirties.

I have understood this sparkling energy as chi. There are glimpses when I can temporarily, keep it in the body it and it feels good. But up till know its only been temporary. 

Edited by salaam123

You asked the reason why I started meds. It was psychosis and was caused partially by my destroying of my energy body after several years of experimenting with my energy. If my energy body would somehow be fixed, I believe I would be completely well, even though I have been diagnosed now as a paranoid schizphrenic-

1 minute ago, salaam123 said:

You asked the reason why I started meds. It was psychosis and was caused partially by my destroying of my energy body after several years of experimenting with my energy. If my energy body would somehow be fixed, I believe I would be completely well, even though I have been diagnosed now as a paranoid schizphrenic-

As someone who has had patients and students with mental health problems, find a credible teacher. Doing your practices on your own can actually imbalance your energy, which in turn will fuel your paranoid schizophrenia.

For your own safety, do so, please. 

Don't stop your meds for your energetic practice either--this is where major psychotic episodes begin. 

• Like 5

Breath method is not enough for you. You need 動功. 動功 means you move because of chi. You need 氣感. 氣感 means you can aware chi moving on or in your body.

1 hour ago, salaam123 said:

If my energy body would somehow be fixed, I believe I would be completely well, 

It doesn't work like that. Or, at least, not in my experience. Which is also professional. 

As a general recommendation, start with re-claiming the body. 

You would do well not focussing on qi at all. But, as stated above, talk to a qualified therapist that understands both the condition and how to use practices tailor made for you. 

• Like 3

Energy body is not easy to be fixed. Energy comes from your body. If your body is not fixed, your energy body would not be fixed.

1 hour ago, Cleansox said:

It doesn't work like that. Or, at least, not in my experience. Which is also professional. 

As a general recommendation, start with re-claiming the body. 

You would do well not focussing on qi at all. But, as stated above, talk to a qualified therapist that understands both the condition and how to use practices tailor made for you. 

This is good advice.

Best to step away from any internal practice altogether.

Exercise - particularly in a group or with other people will do a lot more to help your energy body heal than messing around with energetics or meditative practice.

• Like 4

I would say, stop over-thinking about this original chi business. In fact, stop thinking about it, period. The thing that leaks chi most is an over-active mind (emotions, constant noise in the head). Best is to take up a physical practice that will gradually develop inner-stillness. I'd recommend starting Taijiquan --  something like Yang 24-form will do you wonders, or the Cheng Man Ching form will be even better IMHO. 

• Like 2

On 4/8/2020 at 1:12 PM, freeform said:

During Aikido meditation classes, breathing exercises were considered separate from meditation.  For the exercise we'd often use long even breath cycles, up to a minute.   In meditation we'd let that go, but the advantage of practicing long breaths was that during meditation without trying our natural breath would get longer. 

Which I believe eventually happens during meditation practices but maybe we'd arrive at deep and long faster, due to specifically training on it. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, thelerner said:

I believe eventually happens during meditation practices but maybe we'd arrive at deep and long faster, due to specifically training on it. 

I've done lots of breathing practice from a variety of traditions and from a variety of approaches within one tradition.

What I've come to understand as the 'ultimate' breathing practice is called 'the one breath'. I've learned this method from several teachers.

But the underlying principle is this (and it's different from 99.999% of other breathing practices) - all the various breathing patterns should emerge spontaneously.

The actual 'one breath' practice is similar to meditative training in that you become fully absorbed in the breathing process in a particular way and then just 'listen' to the breath - and it will change by itself (over a period of time)...

First arise the different qualities of breath that I've talked about before - including Quiet, Deep, Slow etc - you can read more about that here:

Eventually will arise the various breathing patterns and breath-related experiences like 'abdominal breathing', 'dantien breathing', 'pore breathing' etc... all the way to breath cessation.

These breathing patterns arise both in practice and sometimes in day to day life... but the classical qualities eventually become a permanent change in your breathing... so at a certain stage, you'll have all the 5 breath qualities even in your sleep.

Secondly, the breath and the mind are inextricably linked. Each of the classical qualities has an effect both on the quality of your breathing but also on the quality of your mind and awareness...

None of this is accessible through direct control of your breath... just as direct control of your mind - say trying to still it - simply results in more mental noise.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, freeform said:

Secondly, the breath and the mind are inextricably linked. Each of the classical qualities has an effect both on the quality of your breathing but also on the quality of your mind and awareness...

None of this is accessible through direct control of your breath... 

Technically, as you have formulated this, this is not true. 

Direct control of your breath do control both the quality of your mind and the quality of your awareness. There is a lot of research on this. 

That might not be a permanent shift, nor the largest shift, nor even the shifts you had in mind, but still... 

I quit all chi related things for more than two years about ten years ago, when I lost hope for recovery. Still, nothing improved and I had mild depression, and lost hope towards the future, although eventually a couple of beers consumed daily improved my mood.

Then I started to try to fix things again and actually had some success and was close to healing but due to lack of knowledge things went bad again.

The problem last time was dan tien ball rising to chest and back root channel rising to back.I managed to partially fix that.

This time the problem is that I can't store chi because I messed up my belt channel. But Its better to not say how I did it. Nevertheless, its in my chest now believe it or not.

Edited by salaam123

3 hours ago, salaam123 said:

I quit all chi related things for more than two years about ten years ago, when I lost hope for recovery. Still, nothing improved and I had mild depression, and lost hope towards the future, although eventually a couple of beers consumed daily improved my mood.

Then I started to try to fix things again and actually had some success and was close to healing but due to lack of knowledge things went bad again.

The problem last time was dan tien ball rising to chest and back root channel rising to back.I managed to partially fix that.

This time the problem is that I can't store chi because I messed up my belt channel. But Its better to not say how I did it. Nevertheless, its in my chest now believe it or not.

This is not the dantian rising as you are describing. It is something else entirely. Freeform or Walker can explain. Or better, your teacher, if you didn’t self-learn and use conjecture to determine this.

Actually the dan tien ball didnt rise to chest but below the chest. But this isnt bothering anymore since it escaped through the head completely many years ago. Now there are new problems.

4 minutes ago, salaam123 said:

Actually the dan tien ball didnt rise to chest but below the chest. But this isnt bothering anymore since it escaped through the head completely many years ago. Now there are new problems.

As I said, you sound like you're making conjecture, and should consult your teacher if you have one, and if you don't have one, you 100% are making conjecture (and wrong) about what's actually happening (you have not made the dantian rise). Seek out a professional of TCM or Eric Isen to review what's going in you. 

Edited by Earl Grey