21 hours ago, manitou said:

I thought that you might get hurt on a thorn.  That's why your cocaine is dipped in lettuce.

:huh:

So ... sort of compress the cocaine into a  .....   chip  or   a cracker shape , blend a head of lettuce into a green slush ... and dip away ?

Ummmmm   .....

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Nungali said:

I had been trying to help a young naive  homeless couple; they where camping (he is a travelling musician with all his gigs cancelled )  and looking for work so I  gave them some at my place and they where camped up the back yard - which i told them would not be suitable ... but they liked it  < shrug >  but then torrential rain came  and flooded their camp and they had to move on .  No income - running out of food, so I slipped them an extra couple of hundred  ... he was overjoyed and went to the car and came back ;

" Thanks so much , I only have 6  I have been saving but  .... "  and handed me 2 high grade surgical filter masks .

YESSSS !   -  score !     :) 

love. you. so. much. Brother!  High skill!  Tribute to your teachers... all of em.

Hotels here, are offering to let health workers on front lines stay free, so they don't risk infecting their families, or so they can cut down on commute times and get more rest.

So many more examples of people behaving admirably, but you mate... you are rockin' it.

*deep bow of respect*

edit:

lemme try again

love what you did for those people

that's high skill and big heart

well done and thanks mate! 

Edited by silent thunder
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Nungali said:

Huh ?    

It's a heck of a nice thing you did, helping that couple.  We sometimes hear stories like that on this site, - but out there??  Really unusual.  Good on you.

• Thanks 1

Okay then , we all live in different worlds I suppose . 

I have spent over 30 years here helping people  either visiting, setting up camp, staying longer  or even settling here ;   from negotiating the local community mammalian politics through to sticking poles in holes and bolting the wood together , helping with kids , etc .

It often gets spat back in my face ..... meh , learnt to live with that .    What I find  more frustrating is this scenario ;

"  I got set up here  (and them being present can see what a great place it is )   with virtually nothing . my community share which gives me the right to have a house site to build and live on cost $10 ... I bought the previously personally owned  cabin and infrastructure on  a site for $8000 . I have lived here in paradise 'living the dream' for over 30 years .  I dont see why YOU should not have that experience to   if you ant to have it .   Here is how you need to negotiate through things to get that . "

But 95% of people do not want to listen ... they want to do it their own way .... and it fails .  

I have noticed 2 divisions in peoples make up in this area ;

1. those that need the long path (that often leads to failure )  of 'learning by their own mistakes'  (and often never getting the thing they wanted because all their time is used up repeating various failures ) .

2.  Those that often learn from observation of others mistakes and methods  (including what might have gone wrong with others methods and adapting them and changing )  and saving a HEAP of their own time and , sometimes, irreversible 'damage' .

• Like 3

When I shared the following video with a friend living in New Zealand (where lockdown has just been put into effect), she was both surprised and outraged. She called the Dutch government's decision to relax restrictions now stupid and said it would without a doubt lead to "another Italy".

While I surely felt sympathetic towards her, I told her that - all things considered - I did not consider the idea stupid. And actually, already on its way to Germany, the virus seems to have lost much of its fatality for some not fully understood reason.

Fact is, continuing isolation of potential carriers and receivers of the virus is not only going to have socially and psycologically devastating effects, it will also be simply unsustainable. Far better to allow people to have controlled exposure to SARS-CoV-2, so gradually immunity can be built up on the large scale.

Granted, it may not be a perfect solution. But let's face it, the milk has been spilt and there may be no easy way out of this mess. But cooperating with nature's course of action rather than resisting and opposing it - that indeed means choosing the proverbial water course way which the Daoist sages have been recommending since time immemorial.

No doubt, it is a bold course of action that the Dutch have opted for. Hopefully other nations will be watching their brave 'experiment' and learn what they can from it.

May the Force be with them and with all of us.

Edited by Michael Sternbach
  • Like 2

Michael, 

Do you happen to have a link regarding this new step undertaken by the Dutch gov? Cheers. 

Tried googling "Holland relaxes covid 19 restrictions" and the first result that popped up was "Netherlands closes sex shops, cannabis cafes". So there appears to be no official announcement regarding this claim. In fact, there does not seem to be any updates from Holland since the 17th. Which is quite odd. 

No mention of it here either https://nltimes.nl/

• Like 2

Michael - really interesting video.    It will really be interesting, if there is a second wave, to see if Holland comes out better because of this more relaxed (and accepting) attitude.  It makes sense to me, not to be so overly cautious - and let nature run its course.   Also, don't touch your face.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, C T said:

Michael, 

Do you happen to have a link regarding this new step undertaken by the Dutch gov? Cheers. 

Tried googling "Holland relaxes covid 19 restrictions" and the first result that popped up was "Netherlands closes sex shops, cannabis cafes". So there appears to be no official announcement regarding this claim. In fact, there does not seem to be any updates from Holland since the 17th. Which is quite odd. 

No mention of it here either in Oz ... but it IS the plan , and its the plan in many places , its just that it is enacted different .

The only way to get over it ( for the general population) is ; herd immunity  by natural means  or inoculation . Here , with a LOW number of hospital beds and equipment  we need a high rate of social isolation to flatten the curve early to keep numbers down while we try to tool up . The idea is to match the curve to resources .  Isolation will never fix the problem , just slow down its onset .

Thats general .  Its different for individuals of course ; due to my specific situation  (  ie .   basically a hermit , a high level of isolation anyway ) I have missed the last 3 years of catching any type of bug that was going around ,  so never developed any immunity to  any of them and never  caught any of them .    3  years ago (and the 3 prior to that ) when I had a GF with 3 young kids (and at least 1 then all 3 in school )  I was getting some new bug every few months ! 

Since then, when a bug goes around, I isolate myself  from it , and  people .  

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 28.3.2020 at 8:26 AM, C T said:

Michael, 

I have no further information on this right now. Hoping to get an update sometime.

• Thanks 1

I have always been a strong believer in the healing power of humour. In fact, laughing will boost your immune system, as has been demonstrated by serious scientists.

So it is important not to let this virus bug bog us down. Along these lines, Master Ken talks about the upside of covid-19 from a matial arts perspective in the following video.

Hope you enjoy. :)