Starjumper

The perfect weapon

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, Starjumper said:

Ralis, this is the kind of stuff I study for hours each day, but you can ignore it because it's all conspiracy theory put out by a Trumpster goon.  It takes some intelligence to read between the lines and know what the guy is really implying.

 

https://youtu.be/xQwfuJgJ9lo


Go right ahead and read whatever confirms your bias. I don’t have time or inclination to research bullshit conspiracies which are driving more wedges in this culture. Limbaugh, Alex Jones, James O’Keefe, QAnon, and others are the purveyors of lies as well as propaganda. 
 

I question authority, but know what are lies and propaganda. 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

So I’ll own my juvenile insult because I hold dawei in contempt, as he could support the conventional narrative as well, but it will reflect his self-serving agenda,

 

Sorry... I have no agenda in this except I am married to a chinese lady who we were able to get out of china by a razors edge before they shut down flights... so my personal concern is for those I know in china and the risk it poses for the rest of the world.   I've been going there for the last 15 years more times than I can count.   If that is self-serving, so be it.  But my heart, relationships, family connections, care and desire for knowing what is going on... may be self-serving in the direction alone.       

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Limahong said:

 

... to progress with a solution for COVID-19?

 

Everyone wants to progress with a solution.  And an understanding of what caused the outbreak, spread, infectious parameters, etc.  I have heard that Singapore is aggressively doing good containment.    Please give my bows at your temple.  :)

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/28/2020 at 10:29 AM, dawei said:

I'm only showing there are concerns raised about labs, which seems on topic.          

 

The labs are trying hard... let them progress in peace without regression.

 

Some of our friends in the labs are putting their lives on the line.

 

Let us support them in silence with a prayer.

 

Edited by Limahong
Enhance...
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, dawei said:

 

Sorry... I have no agenda in this except I am married to a chinese lady who we were able to get out of china by a razors edge before they shut down flights... so my personal concern is for those I know in china and the risk it poses for the rest of the world.   I've been going there for the last 15 years more times than I can count.   If that is self-serving, so be it.  But my heart, relationships, family connections, care and desire for knowing what is going on... may be self-serving in the direction alone.       


Persons fleeing that may be infected/exposed is a serious problem! Millions left Wuhan after the source of the virus was revealed. Massive quarantines should have been in effect!

Edited by ralis
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, dawei said:

Please give my bows at your temple.  :)

 

I will...

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, dawei said:

 

It is a well established fact that chinese labs do not destroy all the animals they test and they are sold.  Folks are in chinese prisons for this.   I only stated that it was plausible to consider this fact when looking at what we really don't completely know so far.

 

As well, people I know in china, in government and police force, have long speculated about the role of a lab relationship.   There are articles of scientist talking about it.  Some are removed.  

 

The topic is the virus.   I don't go as far as SJ yet.  I'm only showing there are concerns raised about labs, which seems on topic.          

 

Any english articles on this? I didn't know about the extent of chinese corruption in the world.

 

To sell lab animals as foodstock to the common populace is sheer madness.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Limahong said:

 

The labs are trying hard... let them progress in peace without regression.

 

Some of our friends in the labs are putting their lives in the line.

 

Let us support them in silence with a prayer.

 


Thoughts and prayers? Since when did that have an effect?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don¬īt think any of us know with certainty how this virus got started.¬† In fact, so much about this virus is uncertain -- which is why it¬īs so anxiety provoking for many.¬† Let¬īs be easy on each other.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Heartbreak said:

Any english articles on this?

 

Let us wait for the labs' outcomes?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ralis said:


Persons fleeing that may be infected/exposed is a serious problem! Millions left Wuhan after the source of the virus was revealed. Massive quarantines should have been in affect!

 

I agree.   The chinese response was to shut down a doctor who posted online there was an outbreak and he asked all doctors to 'mask up'... he was assaulted by the government with threats of arrest... he caught the virus and died.  Chinese media went crazy over this.

 

There are some bad actions and good actions being taken.  I'm just looking at all of this as data points and trying to see what makes sense. 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, ralis said:


Go right ahead and read whatever confirms your bias. I don’t have time or inclination to research bullshit conspiracies which are driving more wedges in this culture. Limbaugh, Alex Jones, James O’Keefe, QAnon, and others are the purveyors of lies as well as propaganda.

 

That was a detailed medical report, by a hospital doctor, about the current state of affairs with testing suspected cases in California, I just said it was conspiracy theory because you like the word so much.

 

But if you wish to remain blind ... then ignore it.

 

10 minutes ago, ralis said:

I question authority, but know what are lies and propaganda. 

 

You can lie to yourself, but you can't lie to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ralis said:

Thoughts and prayers? Since when did that have an effect?

 

Only you will ever know...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Starjumper said:

Ralis, this is the kind of stuff I study for hours each day, but you can ignore it because it's all conspiracy theory put out by a Trumpster goon.  It takes some intelligence to read between the lines and know what the guy is really implying.

 

https://youtu.be/xQwfuJgJ9lo

 

 

I looked at the video... it is what I already know.  I felt that he is trying to state what we know at this point.  If you want to say what he is really implying, then why not just post it.    Otherwise, you have not really made a point for discussion. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Heartbreak said:

 

Any english articles on this? I didn't know about the extent of chinese corruption in the world.

 

To sell lab animals as foodstock to the common populace is sheer madness.

 

So you have never been to china, I assume?  LOL

 

You can eat any imaginable animal... I've done my share in 15 years.

 

Just google: "china labs sell infected animals"

 

I don't want to start some conspiracy theory but it is well known.   You can judge for yourself what is means.  Thanks for asking. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, dawei said:

I looked at the video... it is what I already know.  I felt that he is trying to state what we know at this point.  If you want to say what he is really implying, then why not just post it.    Otherwise, you have not really made a point for discussion. 

 

I already knew it too, but shared it because I thought maybe Ralis would like to learn something real, I was wrong.   The good hospital doctor said that the test currently being used has a low accuracy rate, with a high number of false negatives. which makes it kind of useless, and if they want to really make a difference they need to use a test with a high accuracy rate.  And he said what that was, a CT scan.  He explained everything in great detail, with all the pertinent numbers.

Edited by Starjumper
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, dawei said:

 

So you have never been to china, I assume?  LOL

 

You can eat any imaginable animal... I've done my share in 15 years.

 

Just google: "china labs sell infected animals"

 

I don't want to start some conspiracy theory but it is well known.   You can judge for yourself what is means.  Thanks for asking. 

 

I just googled china labs sell infected animals and all google came up with are articles about the coronavirus. If you can post some links about china labs selling infected animals as foodstock, that would be much appreciated.

 

I have lived in two different china cities as an business expat wannabe during two 1 year periods of my life. The energies are extremely bad, people spit and shit on the streets all the time. Yeah standards of living are low and all that but what's the point of cheap costs of living when your energetic auras get infected by negativities all the time.

 

Plus I fail to add that there's no access to Youtube.

 

My chinese isn't that good but live in asia long enough and you get to differentiate between different types of chinese people living in different chinese countries and all that. I have always felt that Taiwanese and HongKies are much better more evolved countries and people to live in and with.

 

Luckily or unluckily, I have never ate dog meat in China which seems to be the most common form of non-staple meats or any other imaginable animal. 

Edited by Heartbreak

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Starjumper said:

 

The good hospital doctor said that the test currently being used has a low accuracy rate, with a high number of false negatives. which makes it kind of useless, and if they want to really make a difference they need to use a test with a high accuracy rate.  And he said what that was, a CT scan.

 

Ok... yes.   Testing was rather strict at first in terms of 'count'.  They relied on CT scans... hundreds in line... but those who decided to go get a check.   They changed the 'counting' to include a doctor has a diagnosis.  Then the count jump.   What nobody is talking about is, then that means we under-counted before this point !   That is why a Wuhan nurse went underground to post a notice that the infection and death rate was around ... say .... more than you can believe.   The journalist who went to morgues and photography the dead was in the thousands upon thousands.. but because they were not "tested"... they don't count.    Let's use some common sense here.

 

A CT scan is a final authority but there is a good reason why they adjusted count based on diagnosis.  This is complicated by interviews, "did XYZ seem sympotatic?"    "NO".   So no count.   but later they caught up with the person and they admitted they were symptomatic.  The early case of the Wuhan business lady traveling to Germany and infecting 5 people was the start of this problem.

 

That you can be asymptomatic and have it, ergo, spread it... is mind numbing.   That now CA claims community spread is a bit quick reaction but they can't find a link yet...  

 

They need to dial it back.  We should not jump to conclusions when we don't know the relationships.  We can discuss what we know and there is an area of what we don't know. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, dawei said:

 

Sorry... I have no agenda in this except I am married to a chinese lady who we were able to get out of china by a razors edge before they shut down flights... so my personal concern is for those I know in china and the risk it poses for the rest of the world.   I've been going there for the last 15 years more times than I can count.   If that is self-serving, so be it.  But my heart, relationships, family connections, care and desire for knowing what is going on... may be self-serving in the direction alone.       

 

I see emotional appeals that are insincere and an offense to reason and good taste, which reeks of the egregiously disdainful "Checkers" speech of Richard M. Nixon. 

 

I see someone who tries to portray himself as relatable and caring for others in the manner of Oskar Schindler and John Rabe, but whose historical actions have revealed more of an opportunist in the vein of Talleyrand and Alcibiades. 

 

It is not the first time you have had false modesty, false openness, and false reasoning to support your agenda as you rearrange simple facts into a spin that justifies your interests, but I need not repeat what has already been said and identified by many members of this forum.

 

While it is established that you can eat anything in China and ethics or sanitation aren't commonly practiced, you have yet to show anything that goes against your opportunistic ways. 

 

Starjumper's post does not offend me as it is incomplete without citing sources, but his reasoning has been consistent in that he questions authority, not necessarily for his individual gain. Yours has consistently been more in the vein of the Vichy government: talking about order and keeping everyone safe, but disregarding those who don't buy your narrative and suffering the consequences. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are a number of Coronavirus species in nature. This one is new (novel) which is more easily spread among the human population at large.  MERS and SARS are related, but the communicable transmission percentage was not that widespread. 
 

I would suggest reading instead of positing unfounded suppositions. 
 

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/index.html

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Heartbreak said:

 

I just googled china labs sell infected animals and all google came up with are articles about the coronavirus. If you can post some links about china labs selling infected animals as foodstock, that would be much appreciated.

 

I have lived in two different china cities as an business expat wannabe during two 1 year periods of my life. The energies are extremely bad, people spit and shit on the streets all the time. Yeah standards of living are low and all that but what's the point of cheap costs of living when your energetic auras get infected by negativities all the time. 

 

My chinese isn't that good but live in asia long enough and you get to differentiate between different types of chinese people living in different chinese countries and all that. I have always felt that Taiwanese and HongKies are much better more evolved countries and people to live in and with.

 

Luckily or unluckily, I have never ate dog meat in China which seems to be the most common form of non-staple meats or any other imaginable animal. 

 

Glad to hear of your time in china.  Ask around with friends and what you can learn about labs selling the animals.  You may find nothing... but you can at least say you tried to research it beyond google.

 

Every trip I make to china includes a few times to eat dog meat.  and some other things I am sure many in the west cannot stomach the thought of.   You should actually try it but my recommendation is as a stew, not a cold dish. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, dawei said:

 

Ok... yes.   Testing was rather strict at first in terms of 'count'.  They relied on CT scans... hundreds in line... but those who decided to go get a check.   They changed the 'counting' to include a doctor has a diagnosis.  Then the count jump.   What nobody is talking about is, then that means we under-counted before this point !   That is why a Wuhan nurse went underground to post a notice that the infection and death rate was around ... say .... more than you can believe.   The journalist who went to morgues and photography the dead was in the thousands upon thousands.. but because they were not "tested"... they don't count.    Let's use some common sense here.

 

A CT scan is a final authority but there is a good reason why they adjusted count based on diagnosis.  This is complicated by interviews, "did XYZ seem sympotatic?"    "NO".   So no count.   but later they caught up with the person and they admitted they were symptomatic.  The early case of the Wuhan business lady traveling to Germany and infecting 5 people was the start of this problem.

 

That you can be asymptomatic and have it, ergo, spread it... is mind numbing.   That now CA claims community spread is a bit quick reaction but they can't find a link yet...  

 

They need to dial it back.  We should not jump to conclusions when we don't know the relationships.  We can discuss what we know and there is an area of what we don't know. 


Was your wife tested?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

 

I see emotional appeals that are insincere and an offense to reason and good taste, which reeks of the egregiously disdainful "Checkers" speech of Richard M. Nixon. 

 

I see someone who tries to portray himself as relatable and caring for others in the manner of Oskar Schindler and John Rabe, but whose historical actions have revealed more of an opportunist in the vein of Talleyrand and Alcibiades. 

 

It is not the first time you have had false modesty, false openness, and false reasoning to support your agenda as you rearrange simple facts into a spin that justifies your interests, but I need not repeat what has already been said and identified by many members of this forum.

 

While it is established that you can eat anything in China and ethics or sanitation aren't commonly practiced, you have yet to show anything that goes against your opportunistic ways. 

 

Starjumper's post does not offend me as it is incomplete without citing sources, but his reasoning has been consistent in that he questions authority, not necessarily for his individual gain. Yours has consistently been more in the vein of the Vichy government: talking about order and keeping everyone safe, but disregarding those who don't buy your narrative and suffering the consequences. 

 

Ok... but seek some help please.   Back to topic.     

 

I'd like to talk in a topic that I have family impact on.    We have daily contact and questions and request for help regarding this.  I am not suffering.   thank you for your concern.   

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ralis said:


Was your wife tested?

 

Thanks for asking.  That is a valid question.

 

Her hometown is in northeast of Beijing and not a single confirmation has shown up in her hometown... but the surround towns did...  and I scrambled and argued with United to get her home earlier.  To be honest, I was more concerned with her getting on a plane to go to Beijing and then to Chicago and then to Orlando...   Planes (and ships) are a great way to spread it.

 

I joked that I would lock her in a bedroom for 14 days... but the punch line is, I was also in the bedroom...   She is 24 days without any sign of anything.  And me too... in case your next question was, "Were you tested".    I seem ok.   

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dawei said:

 

Ok... but seek some help please.   Back to topic.     

 

I'd like to talk in a topic that I have family impact on.    We have daily contact and questions and request for help regarding this.  I am not suffering.   thank you for your concern.   

 

Ok... but seek some help please.   Back to topic.

 

Ah, right, ad hominem towards me and then avoiding the issue when confronted by redirecting it. Typical coward. 

 

No worries about me saying much else--nothing new and nothing different about your behavior. 

 

Steve: I yield this thread back to you and the others as I've made my point about what you posited and excuse myself now from this brief diversion addressing this reprobate. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites