Sign in to follow this  
Scholar

Is it possible to feel the chi of other person?

Recommended Posts

Im kind of skeptical about of the existence of chi. I do have sensations but I cant know if thats something of my head or its real.

 

But if I could feel it from other person, with my eyes closed, it would be real. 

 

Does anyone know any practice that involves doing that ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the other person was adept at moving energy, then you would be able to feel 'chi'. If the other person can't transfer that strongly, then it would also depend on how adept you are yourself at sensing it.

 

If you're asking if it is real, it is 100% real.

 

When i first started began experimenting with energy, someone i know said they couldn't feel it. I told them to relax and sleep. I was then able to slightly move their feet while touching their leg. That's what proved it to me.

 

As far as messing with that stuff, I'll tell you what i was told on here a while back. Chill out on it. We're talking about karma, transferring energy, health. Take your time and learn how to work with it.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Scholar said:

Im kind of skeptical about of the existence of chi. I do have sensations but I cant know if thats something of my head or its real.

 

But if I could feel it from other person, with my eyes closed, it would be real. 

 

Does anyone know any practice that involves doing that ?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Scholar said:

Im kind of skeptical about of the existence of chi. I do have sensations but I cant know if thats something of my head or its real.

Yes you can't. You will figure it out eventually after practicing. At first don't bother with the sensations.

8 hours ago, Scholar said:

But if I could feel it from other person, with my eyes closed, it would be real. 

?? :blink:

How would you know that it isn't a sensation and it is the real thing?

Suggestion/hypnosis can make you feel things that aren't real.

A good conman can make you feel "qi".

Avoid seeking people just for the sake of proving to yourself that qi is real.

8 hours ago, Scholar said:

Does anyone know any practice that involves doing that ?

All qigong practices involve sensing qi at first.

It comes with practice.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Scholar said:

I do have sensations but I cant know if thats something of my head or its real.

 

If you have doubts, then it's probably not Qi. Focused attention will make you feel all kinds of sensations - but that's normally just your nerves being stimulated - it's not Qi.

 

It's rare to feel Qi directly - and trying to feel it directly is not recommended and unnecessary (in the beginning). When we feel Qi, it's usually your body's reaction to Qi that you feel... It's not subtle, it's strong and obvious when it's real.

 

As you can see from the video above, these reactions are often in the form of muscle spasms or trembling - sometimes it feels like an electric shock, or like a strong pressure or intense heat - but it's not subtle, it's as obvious as someone squeezing your arm, or zapping you with an electric cattle-prod.

 

But it's also very rare to find someone that has developed their Qi Gong to the stage of being able to demonstrate these things (as well as having the willingness to demonstrate it to someone they don't know).

 

It's pointless to get into these arts just to find out if Qi is real - it's like getting into theoretical physics to find out if Dark Matter is real... it's a lot of hard work, for not much of a payoff :)

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No one can have a toothache in someone else's tooth. -- Ludwig Wittgenstein

 

No one can feel someone else's qi.  -- Taiji Classics

Only someone else can feel your jin. -- Taiji Classics

 

To get someone else to feel your qi, you need to learn to focus and release it -- and as soon as you release it, it's no longer "your" qi.  You can shoot an arrow but you can't feel what the target it hits feels.  The martial way to do it is via fajin skill, the healing way to do it is via waigong skill.  A trained taiji or classical medicine or waigong practitioner can feel her own qi when it interacts with yours and interpret what she perceives, much like your mind is trained to interpret words said in a language you are fluent in.  If you are not fluent in that language, it doesn't mean it doesn't exist or constitutes meaningless noise.  It only means отсутствие владения грамматикой, словарём, произношением данного языка.  :)  

Edited by Taomeow
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Taomeow said:

No one can have a toothache in someone else's tooth. -- Ludwig Wittgenstein

 

No one can feel someone else's qi.  -- Taiji Classics

Only someone else can feel your jin. -- Taiji Classics

 

To get someone else to feel your qi, you need to learn to focus and release it -- and as soon as you release it, it's no longer "your" qi.  You can shoot an arrow but you can't feel what the target it hits feels.  The martial way to do it is via fajin skill, the healing way to do it is via waigong skill.  A trained taiji or classical medicine or waigong practitioner can feel her own qi when it interacts with yours and interpret what she perceives, much like your mind is trained to interpret words said in a language you are fluent in.  If you are not fluent in that language, it doesn't mean it doesn't exist or constitutes meaningless noise.  It only means отсутствие владения грамматикой, словарём, произношением данного языка.  :)  

That is an interesting keyboard you have, what do you do? keep two or three ready or what? Also, I agree that it amounts to a lack of knowledge on at least two fronts.

Edited by moment
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/14/2019 at 5:42 PM, Scholar said:

Im kind of skeptical about of the existence of chi. I do have sensations but I cant know if thats something of my head or its real.

 

But if I could feel it from other person, with my eyes closed, it would be real. 

 

Does anyone know any practice that involves doing that ?

http://springforestqigong.com does phone healings - try one out to see if you can feel it - or close your eyes while on the phone! Or you can try http://guidingqi.com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, moment said:

That is an interesting keyboard you have, what do you do? keep two or three ready or what? 

 

No, just one keyboard, but three or four ways to do it.  :) On the phone, I can switch by just touching this sign under the keyboard -- 🌐 -- I pre-set mine to switch between the two languages I use.  On the computer, there's sites that let you type on your normal keyboard but the text will come out in Cyrillic.  The method is known as Translit, an informal romanization where you use English letters for sounds that have close enough Cyrillic counterparts, and a bunch of agreed-upon letters or signs instead of the ones that have no correspondences.  So there's basically two different types of qi I store in my fingers for the same keyboard, and they are different enough for anyone who knows only one to not recognize the other.   (Do I mention once again what I always like to point out about qi -- it is meaningful change, not mechanical "energy"? ;) )  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Taomeow said:

 

No, just one keyboard, but three or four ways to do it.  :) On the phone, I can switch by just touching this sign under the keyboard -- 🌐 -- I pre-set mine to switch between the two languages I use.  On the computer, there's sites that let you type on your normal keyboard but the text will come out in Cyrillic.  The method is known as Translit, an informal romanization where you use English letters for sounds that have close enough Cyrillic counterparts, and a bunch of agreed-upon letters or signs instead of the ones that have no correspondences.  So there's basically two different types of qi I store in my fingers for the same keyboard, and they are different enough for anyone who knows only one to not recognize the other.   (Do I mention once again what I always like to point out about qi -- it is meaningful change, not mechanical "energy"? ;) )  

I believe it is both. (and a third that is much harder to explain). But, I will let you take a stab at it.:)  I can at any time use Sodarshan Chakra Kriya to generate energy from the root.  Immediately afterwards, only 7 to 10 minutes of standing Zhan Zhuang with MCO can fill me with incredible amounts of energy that obliterates all negativity and on occasion will explode out of the top of my head in total bliss.  But, I can ground it almost immediately with sets of Tai Chi. I have gotten to the point where it is consistent, stable and predictable.  What kind of energy would you call that?

Edited by moment
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, moment said:

I believe it is both. (and a third that is much harder to explain). But, I will let you take a stab at it.:)  I can at any time use Sodarshan Chakra Kriya to generate energy from the root.  Immediately afterwards, only 7 to 10 minutes of standing Zhan Zhuang with MCO can fill me with incredible amounts of energy that obliterates all negativity and on occasion will explode out of the top of my head in total bliss.  But, I can ground it almost immediately with sets of Tai Chi. I have gotten to the point where it is consistent, stable and predictable.  What kind of energy would you call that?

 

What I call it always.  Meaningful.  "Negativity," "bliss" -- those are your meanings for this energy, or this energy's meanings for you.   

 

Is it qi you're feeling?  Well...  What you are definitely feeling is whatever it is that gets you to interpret that energy as "obliterating all negativity" and "total bliss."  If that "whatever" is a reconfiguration of the pattern, the increase of a particular type of qi or decrease of a different type of qi or transformation of qi, then qi is involved -- as it is involved in absolutely everything else you do, feel or think.  What kind of pattern of qi in your system generates those sensations and those interpretations is a separate inquiry. 

 

There's many kinds of qi.   There's much fewer kinds of energy.  Energy without qi is meaningless.  Energy without change is impossible.  Qi is the medium and  message of meaningful change.  Energy depends on qi, qi does not depend on energy.  Qi is the kind of pattern that makes sense in a particular context, and is at the same time created by a particular pattern.  This process can increase or decrease energy or leave it well alone.  If your "obliterating all negativity" and "total bliss" were the outcome of taking a psychoactive substance -- e.g. cocaine -- it would be decreasing your energy while you'd feel it's being increased.  It would be entangling and depleting your qi and yet feel as blissful, or more so.  It all depends.  

Edited by Taomeow
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Taomeow said:

 

What I call it always.  Meaningful.  "Negativity," "bliss" -- those are your meanings for this energy, or this energy's meanings for you.   

 

Is it qi you're feeling?  Well...  What you are definitely feeling is whatever it is that gets you to interpret that energy as "obliterating all negativity" and "total bliss."  If that "whatever" is a reconfiguration of the pattern, the increase of a particular type of qi or decrease of a different type of qi or transformation of qi, then qi is involved -- as it is involved in absolutely everything else you do, feel or think.  What kind of pattern of qi in your system generates those sensations and those interpretations is a separate inquiry. 

 

There's many kinds of qi.   There's much fewer kinds of energy.  Energy without qi is meaningless.  Energy without change is impossible.  Qi is the medium and  message of meaningful change.  Energy depends on qi, qi does not depend on energy.  Qi is the kind of pattern that makes sense in a particular context, and is at the same time created by a particular pattern.  This process can increase or decrease energy or leave it well alone.  If your "obliterating all negativity" and "total bliss" were the outcome of taking a psychoactive substance -- e.g. cocaine -- it would be decreasing your energy while you'd feel it's being increased.  It would be entangling and depleting your qi and yet feel as blissful, or more so.  It all depends.  

I agree with you about Qi in everything. Though taking a substance and qi cultivation through meditation are hugely different things and frankly should not be thought of in the same breath.  I also totally disagree with your statement "Energy depends on Qi, Qi does not depend on energy". Qi is the director but, they need each other for any type of continual spiritual advancement.  I know this from personal Yoga, Tai chi and martial arts experience going back over 45 years. I think you wrap yourself up a little too tightly in your personal definitions.  But, we are using words so, what are we to do?  Be well!

Edited by moment

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, moment said:

I agree with you about Qi in everything. Though taking a substance and qi cultivation through meditation are hugely different things and frankly should not be thought of in the same breath.  I also totally disagree with your statement "Energy depends on Qi, Qi does not depend on energy". Qi is the director but, they need each other for any type of continual spiritual advancement.  I know this from personal Yoga, Tai chi and martial arts experience going back over 45 years. I think you wrap yourself up a little too tightly in your personal definitions.  But, we are using words so, what are we to do?  Be well!

 

Not my personal definitions.  I try not to define what the taoist tradition prefers to infer.  Merely trusting the tradition.  

 

Qi--energy interactions are harder to define than most think.  My statement about what depends on what was perhaps more linear than I would like it to be, but then, no linear statement about nonlinear phenomena can do them justice.  Some statements though, often repeated here and elsewhere, "qi=energy," "qi=particular sensations I feel," "qi=what one can make someone else feel," etc., are just plain wrong. 

 

Not that it matters much if whatever you do and whatever you call it benefits you and those around you.  I for one wouldn't be able to combine "qi" with "chakras," because the way my qi is educated (sic) does not include "chakra fluency," it relies on a different frame of reference.  Wouldn't know how to stick my dantiens in between chakras, and what for.  And not because I'm "wrapped up too tightly" or anything.  But because qi is systemically meaningful, and to someone not educated in a particular way (I don't mean just in the head) they are systemically meaningless.  Like I said, it all depends.  Be well yourself.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Taomeow said:

 

Not my personal definitions.  I try not to define what the taoist tradition prefers to infer.  Merely trusting the tradition.  

 

Qi--energy interactions are harder to define than most think.  My statement about what depends on what was perhaps more linear than I would like it to be, but then, no linear statement about nonlinear phenomena can do them justice.  Some statements though, often repeated here and elsewhere, "qi=energy," "qi=particular sensations I feel," "qi=what one can make someone else feel," etc., are just plain wrong. 

 

Not that it matters much if whatever you do and whatever you call it benefits you and those around you.  I for one wouldn't be able to combine "qi" with "chakras," because the way my qi is educated (sic) does not include "chakra fluency," it relies on a different frame of reference.  Wouldn't know how to stick my dantiens in between chakras, and what for.  And not because I'm "wrapped up too tightly" or anything.  But because qi is systemically meaningful, and to someone not educated in a particular way (I don't mean just in the head) they are systemically meaningless.  Like I said, it all depends.  Be well yourself.    

the phrase "frame of reference" for qi is great to consider for Einstein's insight into relativity. He imagined being in an elevator at the speed of light - so that gravity can not be sensed at all. So that way there is no way to tell if someone is free falling - the qi - or not. So Qi has Shen within it. The shen is our spiritual ego but we turn the light around to build up the qi. The qi literally is spacetime as Yuan Qi. The yin qi and yang qi are different. Chapter 11 of the book Taoist Yoga goes into this - so the shen has to have Yuan Qi surrounding it - or else when the Shen leaves the body there is spacetime dizziness. So that is a kind of general relativity. When we work with Yuan Qi as the Emptiness we are literally changing spacetime! We create Negentropy energy which is reverse time energy. So qigong master Effie P. Chow explains how sometimes when someone decides to go get a qi healing from her - they are already feeling the qi energy before they even get the healing in "real time." The qigong master by turning the light around then has everything happening at the SAME time - Effie P. Chow explains this as well as Chunyi Lin. So by turning the light around then they are in that spacetime "zero/infinite" frame of reference" even though they are changing spacetime around them! So it is just like a black hole that increases and then sends out white light after taking in energy-matter.

 

Quote

 

That’s clearly not the case with electrical forces, for example, where inertial mass measures resistance to a change in motion but electrical charge measures the body’s ability to feel and exert electrical attractions or repulsions.

Einstein’s radical new answer to this old question is that inertial and gravitational mass are equal because they are, literally, one and the same property of a body.

 

https://www.thegreatcoursesdaily.com/einsteins-experimental-elevator/

Edited by voidisyinyang

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Taomeow said:

 

Not my personal definitions.  I try not to define what the taoist tradition prefers to infer.  Merely trusting the tradition.  

 

Qi--energy interactions are harder to define than most think.  My statement about what depends on what was perhaps more linear than I would like it to be, but then, no linear statement about nonlinear phenomena can do them justice.  Some statements though, often repeated here and elsewhere, "qi=energy," "qi=particular sensations I feel," "qi=what one can make someone else feel," etc., are just plain wrong. 

 

Not that it matters much if whatever you do and whatever you call it benefits you and those around you.  I for one wouldn't be able to combine "qi" with "chakras," because the way my qi is educated (sic) does not include "chakra fluency," it relies on a different frame of reference.  Wouldn't know how to stick my dantiens in between chakras, and what for.  And not because I'm "wrapped up too tightly" or anything.  But because qi is systemically meaningful, and to someone not educated in a particular way (I don't mean just in the head) they are systemically meaningless.  Like I said, it all depends.  Be well yourself.    

Yes, much depends upon a particular/subjective education and training, up to a point.  Wellness, always.

Edited by moment

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this