sean

Are there any other leftists here? ūüĎÄ

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, dawei said:

 

Not sure if your serious or joking... life isn't as binary most of the time.

 

I bought a Honda but not a Toyota... so I'm against Toyota and ok with Honda ?     

 

I'm all for competition in this realm and someone else is buying a Toyota.

 

 

Not sure if he is serious either, but in any case, I think you are using a false comparison for an analogy since he's talking about something with serious consequences versus consumer choices. 

 

I am not a fan of the current model for globalization since it has produced winners and losers, mostly the latter, but I do believe globalization is inescapable, and thus a better form than it is currently executed it is something I would love to see if it ever appears. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

 

Not sure if he is serious either, but in any case, I think you are using a false comparison for an analogy since he's talking about something with serious consequences versus consumer choices. 

 

I am not a fan of the current model for globalization since it has produced winners and losers, mostly the latter, but I do believe globalization is inescapable, and thus a better form than it is currently executed it is something I would love to see if it ever appears. 

 

Neither of you are defining what 'current model of globalization' means... Consumer choices are a global consideration in the auto industry (and many others). 

 

So a better form than what (I assume you mean the current model execution)? 

 

Hard to comment unless there is some explanation of what one is really talking about... what would you love to see ? 

 

Or maybe the terse comments being made are not really intended for conversation (?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, dawei said:

 

Neither of you are defining what 'current model of globalization' means... Consumer choices are a global consideration in the auto industry (and many others). 

 

So a better form than what (I assume you mean the current model execution)? 

 

Hard to comment unless there is some explanation of what one is really talking about... what would you love to see ? 

 

Or maybe the terse comments being made are not really intended for conversation (?)

 

Before you make another passive-aggressive comment like that dawei, allow me to clarify that I was never asked what was the definition of the current model, nor was it something I knew you were asking to know. I simply pointed out that you were using a false comparison. 

 

Now, having said that, here's how I'd characterize the current model of globalization.

 

The current model of globalization is more neoliberal than anything else. The documentary Commanding Heights discusses the conservative revolutions of Thatcher and Reagan that made more prominent the capitalistic free market model we have now and expanded the ideas that were already in action prior to this, which you can also read about in Confessions of an Economic Hitman. 

 

Now, coming from a background in international development, there are several layers of reality to look at, which is one that involves people genuinely concerned with helping underdeveloped countries gain access to education, universal suffrage, human rights, clean water, health care, electricity, and more. You will find the most sincere people in smaller NGOs, grass roots movements, and social enterprise. 

 

The next level is full of the opportunists who fuel the conspiracy theorists in their dishonest behaviors, such as the diplomats who abuse their privilege to get deals, which you can see commonly in the Belt Road Initiative, such as this one where it can either be done by design from the state level up or from independent agents looking to get away with a cut of their own, as we see in Kyrgyzstan. 

 

Then there's one that is not a conspiracy but a serious issue that Americans have engaged in, but are not alone as we see China has done so, Russia too, and UK. It is similar to debt diplomacy as we see in the BRI in many countries like Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Cambodia, and the Philippines. As elaborated on in Confessions, a lot of promises for aid from government organizations, especially USAID, came with major strings attached, which were exclusive trade deals and access to resources and the market, shares, and what amounts to essentially creating satellite states who were analogous to vassals for barons in Feudal times.

 

The hypocrisy behind it is that it was done in the name of free trade, but free trade in this case means sweat shops in Mexico and Banana Republics in Latin America, which, even today, we can see in Peru that while it can help with competitive advantage, in the long run, it isn't so great using quinoa as an example from this article on NPR. And while promising free trade for all, the biggest winners are the G7, whether it is Canada and their mines in East Africa and Southeast Asia to the EU subsidies affecting African farmers. Let's not forget how tech companies in Silicon Valley and the world of apps are creating more disparity even in India rather than creating more opportunities. 

 

Americans are not unique as I already mentioned, but they are the ones who deny it more than the others in spite of being prominently outed by Perkins. It is akin to each of the G7 pretending to be best friends in uniting the world but going behind each other's backs to get better deals. 

 

In short: globalization in its current model isn't meant to be a great equalizer for anyone, it's meant to export capitalistic ideology and allow certain groups more privilege while pressing down others, paralleling Marxian theory and criticisms of capitalism inadvertently, but not confirming them. And more often than not are the west, but also include China, Hong Kong, Singapore, Japan, South Korea, Israel, UAE, and Saudi Arabia to dominate through financial institutions. You can learn more from Naomi Klein's Shock Doctrine in her book or the documentary. 

 

How it should be different is anyone's guess, but I at least know what I do not want based on the many links and references that I have given here rather than just leaving it all to conjecture after giving platitudes and conspiracy theories.

 

EDIT: what I would like and do know works is social enterprise, where it is trickle-up development rather than trickle-down, and the focus is on stakeholders before shareholders. Educate yourself on social enterprise to see why it works on a small scale and has potential to be a big global force for change. 

Edited by Earl Grey
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

In short: globalization in its current model isn't meant to be a great equalizer for anyone, it's meant to export capitalistic ideology and allow certain groups more privilege while pressing down others(...)

 

and then some.  Agreed.  

 

1 hour ago, Earl Grey said:

I am not a fan of the current model for globalization since it has produced winners and losers, mostly the latter, but I do believe globalization is inescapable(...) (emphasis mine -- TM) 

 

Sounds like "death is inescapable" to me.  It didn't take us long to accept it as some natural given, and it says something heartbreaking about the current state of the human soul.  Why should it be inescapable?  Why should we accept it as our only option out of a total of one?  

 

1 hour ago, Earl Grey said:

 

(...)inescapable, and thus a better form than it is currently executed it is something I would love to see if it ever appears. 

 

 Do the same thing, more and more of the same thing, but hope for a different outcome?  

 

I used to play tennis, many moons ago, and my coach always told me, "if the strategy you're using is working, whatever it is, don't change it.  If the strategy you're using is not working, change it completely." 

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Went to the link provided to see what "social enterprise" is.  The first paragraph (titled "the widest definition") states:

 

"Social enterprises are revenue-generating businesses with a twist. Whether operated by a non-profit organization or by a for-profit company, a social enterprise has two goals: to achieve social, cultural, community economic and/or environmental outcomes; and, to earn revenue."

 

And immediately ran into this roadblock.  What if "to achieve social, cultural, community economic and/or environmental outcomes" should fail to "earn revenue?.."  Or what if "to earn revenue" should only be found possible if "social, cultural, community, environmental outcomes" are thrown to the wind?..  Which one wins?..  Historically, it has always been the revenue bit.  That's what I would expect from any growth-oriented, revenue-oriented economy.  How would renaming and reinterpreting a still-expansive, growth-oriented activity rid it of this perennial conundrum?  

 

I don't mean to keep striking down all noble social initiative models with my pessimistic projections as to how they might practically pan out if implemented, but neither do I want to see another round of misapplied noble passion and effort leading nowhere good, as it did so many times before throughout history.  What we haven't tried yet is to re-evaluate the whole concept of "more is better," "faster is better," "progress is the shit."  We haven't tried yet to turn around and rewind backward -- remember those "analog" watches, with hands indicating the flow of time -- clockwise, i.e. left to right?  The drift to the right is what's inevitable if we just go where time flows while also busting our bellybuttons to speed it up and force it to flow faster and faster.  And there's evidence in physics, biology and cognitive neuroscience that time indeed flows left to right in reality -- e.g. our neural excitation spreads left to right in the brain if we think of the future, and right to left if we think of the past.  

 

Looks like I'm the ultimate leftist. :D I want to move the hands of that clock  counterclockwise.  Right to left.  The farther back, the better.  Mostly because I anticipate those who see the solution in moving them faster and faster forward, turning them into a spinning propeller always chasing a "better future" that is envisioned as "more of everything" (whether "more for everybody" or "more for a special group" doesn't seem to matter -- it always ends up being a special group with "more") to be ultimately swept away by its out-of-control spinning and fly off the face of the watch.     

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Taomeow said:

Sounds like "death is inescapable" to me.  It didn't take us long to accept it as some natural given, and it says something heartbreaking about the current state of the human soul.  Why should it be inescapable?  Why should we accept it as our only option out of a total of one?  

 

What I talk about is inescapable is the connecting of the world. Globalization is to me a form of connecting that feels more like a compression of the world--but you're talking about the current form, I'm talking about a way of uniting the world, and perhaps the name or form wouldn't be globalization under a capitalist model. I'd love to see that. 

 

1 hour ago, Taomeow said:

Do the same thing, more and more of the same thing, but hope for a different outcome?  

 

I used to play tennis, many moons ago, and my coach always told me, "if the strategy you're using is working, whatever it is, don't change it.  If the strategy you're using is not working, change it completely." 

 

Yes, doing the same thing and expecting a different outcome each time is a textbook example of insanity, but there are factors we aren't watching and that as my links mention, are out of our control unless we actually resist. I'm all for an anarchic world of social entrepreneurs.

 

24 minutes ago, Taomeow said:

And immediately ran into this roadblock.  What if "to achieve social, cultural, community economic and/or environmental outcomes" should fail to "earn revenue?.."  Or what if "to earn revenue" should only be found possible if "social, cultural, community, environmental outcomes" are thrown to the wind?..  Which one wins?..  Historically, it has always been the revenue bit.  That's what I would expect from any growth-oriented, revenue-oriented economy.  How would renaming and reinterpreting a still-expansive, growth-oriented activity rid it of this perennial conundrum?  

 

This is common that many social enterprises fail, just like many businesses fail, but that's often because a lot of the younger entrepreneurs are experiencing this model of capitalism for the first time if not their first actual experience full stop. I've monitored and evaluated many projects in Cambodia, Timor-Leste, Indonesia, the Philippines, and Uganda, and what was evident was that their business plan was weak. You have a bunch of college graduates managing things with a good heart, college kids volunteering, and a very happy community and entrepreneurs working together who may get some donations or investments from private individuals or small to medium organizations.

 

The weakness in one example was actually surprising: they prepared to deal with poverty, but they couldn't deal with scaling up as their microfinancing ended up earning too much money. And like Sparta after the Peloponnesian War fell to Athenian money and greed, the stakeholders weren't used to managing outside of their immediate community as people came from other villages to borrow. This planted the idea that they could be rich, which they saw quickly frightened them and the whole thing lost its heart fast. 

 

As I said, stakeholders are the most important, and as I've seen in Cambodia, the real miracles were watching former sex slaves receive not just a paycheck, but training in life skills from accounting to English to programming and basic computer skills, who would then also own shares in the enterprise, train other incoming trainees, and graduate to manage or to work and earn higher income in Phnom Penh at an NGO or found their own business from a yoga studio to a coffee group and managing their own restaurants. 

 

NOTE: Earlier, this post was mistakenly addressed to dawei and has been subsequently edited upon checking and seeing my error, so lines have been removed to reflect that the individual, Taomeow, whom I am addressing, is done with adoration and respect rather than cold rebuttal. 

Edited by Earl Grey
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was serious enough and I can reformulate in a way less provocative : center is not neutral, Left and Right are exclusive : you can't turn both.

 

If someone accept something as influential as a political system rather than try to change it, one contributes to its inertia, its a tacit renewal so yes you're rather pro this system.

 

Capitalism is destructive, short sighted, selfish but it has also some rather "good" parts. I understand why the majority is ok with it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Apech said:

People have less children when they get richer, when material threats reduce families are smaller and replacement rates are not exceeded.

 

I'm not confused - its a different point to the one you are making.

You still don't get it. In biological terms an organism tends to occupy the most of it's available habitat given ideal conditions. You are telling me that the conditions aren't ideal for some reason, ergo there is at least a resource deficiency of some kind (like no free time for example).

 

9 hours ago, C T said:

This seems like a trend thats universally becoming more prevalent. The theory according to some is that there are forces being concerted towards the eradication of the middle class, with the ultimate aim of having it replaced by AI controlled by the Haves who then use AI as a means to control the Have-nots, all of whom would have been so disempowered by then it eradicates the potential of resistance in all its forms. 

I wouldn't go that far but the attack on the middle class is REAL. With the increased polarisation of the 21st century, the ones getting the most flak are the middle class moderates which are scorned by both ends of the Right-Left spectrum.

The Left wants to get rid of them because they consider the middle class an obstacle to the toppling of capitalism and the Right wing wants to get rid of them to get their money  to enforce their highly regimented and oppressive view of reality.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe its the illusion of goodness that keeps inflating the bubble, making it bigger, but not necessarily stronger. This in turn leads to a weakening of the foundations. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Zork said:

You still don't get it. In biological terms an organism tends to occupy the most of it's available habitat given ideal conditions. You are telling me that the conditions aren't ideal for some reason, ergo there is at least a resource deficiency of some kind (like no free time for example).

 

I wouldn't go that far but the attack on the middle class is REAL. With the increased polarisation of the 21st century, the ones getting the most flak are the middle class moderates which are scorned by both ends of the Right-Left spectrum.

The Left wants to get rid of them because they consider the middle class an obstacle to the toppling of capitalism and the Right wing wants to get rid of them to get their money  to enforce their highly regimented and oppressive view of reality.

 

Im just not ready to accept the very real potential threat of AI technology in the grand scheme. Imo, its inevitable. May not be apparent now, but the ominous clouds can be seen gathering in the horizon. 

 

Edited by C T
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Taomeow said:

 

Actually, I don't think so.  I think equating "intelligent" and "civilized" is where the sleight-of-hand happens.  In fact, we seem to have been exceedingly intelligent until we became technological.  Not in a skewed unbalanced left-brain fashion but just overall intelligent -- emotionally, physically, and I think intellectually too.  I think we used to be interesting inside in ways that only appear "primitive" to a civilized observer.  Who was usually struck by terminal envy when faced with who we really are.  There's, e.g., accounts to that effect given to the Queen of Spain by the first Europeans stepping on the American soil.  "Never seen people so beautiful, so healthy, so happy and so devoted to each other anywhere."

 

 

Similar in Australia - if you read the right accounts ;

 

Even to the extent that some said - they want for nothing, they left trade goods on the ground and walked away from them. They have a pride and dignity and an upright and proud stature .  One even postulated this was becasue of the natural  lifestyle that the human body should have , not like the Englishman that  can  spend his life stooping over a plough, in hard labour all his life or cramped over a desk writing .  Even Capt Cook commented in his diary , when stopped at Cooktown for ships repairs all these  comments and added  stuff about their egalitarian society - they lived like Lords , yet none was lord over each other . These comments where removed in the 'admiralty version' of the log and then below at the end of the passages someone else has added derogatory information about the natives .

 

I had a big debate about this on a history forum.  frustrating as the uncensored version is very hard to find, even today. (However it was  found , and posted .  Some historians where amazed  ' Who the hell was that guy that slipped in the end passage ? "  His name appears after it  but no one seems to know who he was .  probably some person in the 'Admiralty'   that had 'never ever been to sea '

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, C T said:

 

Im just not ready to accept the very real potential threat of AI technology in the grand scheme. Imo, its inevitable. May not be apparent now, but the ominous clouds can be seen gathering in the horizon. 

 

It is too early to tell. we might end our civilization before the AI threat manifests. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, Earl Grey said:

What I talk about is inescapable is the connecting of the world. Globalization is to me a form of connecting that feels more like a compression of the world--but you're talking about the current form, I'm talking about a way of uniting the world, and perhaps the name or form wouldn't be globalization under a capitalist model. I'd love to see that.

Lol, the only sustainable, natural lifestyle is not a globalized busyness (still colonialist mindset)...but a non-profit, subsistence living off the land - where you only take what you need, when you need it, locally.  This not only ensures absolute freshness and living spontaneously in the present moment/organic/seasonal FLOW of Nature, but also keeps native ecosystems intact, eliminates transportation costs, and maintains the 1-on-1 living/ecospiritual connection between predator/prey in the food web.

And this is literally how aborigines mostly all lived before the advent of Christian colonialism...

Edited by gendao
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gendao said:

Lol, the only sustainable, natural lifestyle is not a globalized busyness (still colonialist mindset)...but a non-profit sustenance living off the land - where you only take what you need, when you need it, locally.  This not only ensures absolute freshness and living spontaneously in the present moment/organic/seasonal FLOW of Nature, but also keeps native ecosystems intact, eliminates transportation costs, and maintains the 1-on-1 living/ecospiritual connection between predator/prey in the food web.

And this is literally how aborigines mostly all lived before the advent of Christian colonialism...

 

Aha! An absolute statement! From a fool who neither lives it himself nor in possession of the cognitive ability to prove its veracity! 

 

My dear young ape, I am reminded of the pompous busybody who in acknowledging the meaningless of his solitary existence due to the constant offering of his unsolicited, unqualified, unauthorized, and unwanted advice, takes it upon himself to pester anyone in possession of a pair of ears.

 

Whether ‚Äėtis the bombastic fundamentalist shouting at the top of his lungs in places of public gathering, or¬†the adamant¬†missionary¬†standing outside the door to your home, the homeless tramp endeavoring¬†to join you at your table at the restaurant and offering you the unverified story of how he was the richest man in Providence and how he can make you your fortune too, or the bombastic drunkard bellowing in your ears in the tavern, or the nettlesome salesman following you to the ends of the earth, they all share but one thing in common: they are the gregarious castaways and cutouts of society who¬†have room for one more to join their swelling ranks. That individual¬†is the tenacious testicle termite we all know affectionately as Gendao.

 

Dear sullen baboon, when you’ve something to contribute of value, do ring the church bells and bring out the cake, for until then, none of us are holding our breath for you to realize the tales of sound and fury signifying nothing coming from your direction are no different from the flatulence of an elephant or a rat. And still, whether from a field mouse tickling your ankle or a hippopotamus you desire to sodomize, flatulence is flatulence and unwanted, yet flows freely like the words from your mouth.

 

Dear friends, let us move forth and mourn not the absence of Gendao the bombastic baboon’s ramblings, and instead continue this enrapturing conversation on leftist discourse, for he will return soon enough with the same drivel, time and again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Earl Grey said:

 

Aha! An absolute statement! From a fool who neither lives it himself nor in possession of the cognitive ability to prove its veracity! 

 

My dear young ape, I am reminded of the pompous busybody who in acknowledging the meaningless of his solitary existence due to the constant offering of his unsolicited, unqualified, unauthorized, and unwanted advice, takes it upon himself to pester anyone in possession of a pair of ears.

 

Whether ‚Äėtis the bombastic fundamentalist shouting at the top of his lungs in places of public gathering, or¬†the adamant¬†missionary¬†standing outside the door to your home, the homeless tramp endeavoring¬†to join you at your table at the restaurant and offering you the unverified story of how he was the richest man in Providence and how he can make you your fortune too, or the bombastic drunkard bellowing in your ears in the tavern, or the nettlesome salesman following you to the ends of the earth, they all share but one thing in common: they are the gregarious castaways and cutouts of society who¬†have room for one more to join their swelling ranks. That individual¬†is the tenacious testicle termite we all know affectionately as Gendao.

 

Dear sullen baboon, when you’ve something to contribute of value, do ring the church bells and bring out the cake, for until then, none of us are holding our breath for you to realize the tales of sound and fury signifying nothing coming from your direction are no different from the flatulence of an elephant or a rat. And still, whether from a field mouse tickling your ankle or a hippopotamus you desire to sodomize, flatulence is flatulence and unwanted, yet flows freely like the words from your mouth.

 

Dear friends, let us move forth and mourn not the absence of Gendao the bombastic baboon’s ramblings, and instead continue this enrapturing conversation on leftist discourse, for he will return soon enough with the same drivel, time and again.

 

 

tenor.gif

 

Did you just say "tenacious testicle termite?" Sodomozing hippopotami??? Shit, Gendao has gotten on my nerves, too, but duuuuuuuuuuude, do they sell this at your local supermarket?

 

91AGD0PfiIL._SL1500_.jpg

 

It's caffeine free!

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, Walker said:

 

 

tenor.gif

 

Did you just say "tenacious testicle termite?" Sodomozing hippopotami??? Shit, Gendao has gotten on my nerves, too, but duuuuuuuuuuude, do they sell this at your local supermarket?

 

91AGD0PfiIL._SL1500_.jpg

 

It's caffeine free!

 

I fancy my namesake usually for afternoon tea, but I'll see if they stock these as well, old chap. ;)

 

But I must implore you to join me sometime if I do procure some of these!

 

In the meanwhile, I recommend this: https://lelandtea.com/product/garbos-peachy-blend/

Edited by Earl Grey
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Earl Grey said:

 

Aha! An absolute statement! From a fool who neither lives it himself nor in possession of the cognitive ability to prove its veracity! 

 

My dear young ape, I am reminded of the pompous busybody who in acknowledging the meaningless of his solitary existence due to the constant offering of his unsolicited, unqualified, unauthorized, and unwanted advice, takes it upon himself to pester anyone in possession of a pair of ears.

 

Whether ‚Äėtis the bombastic fundamentalist shouting at the top of his lungs in places of public gathering, or¬†the adamant¬†missionary¬†standing outside the door to your home, the homeless tramp endeavoring¬†to join you at your table at the restaurant and offering you the unverified story of how he was the richest man in Providence and how he can make you your fortune too, or the bombastic drunkard bellowing in your ears in the tavern, or the nettlesome salesman following you to the ends of the earth, they all share but one thing in common: they are the gregarious castaways and cutouts of society who¬†have room for one more to join their swelling ranks. That individual¬†is the tenacious testicle termite we all know affectionately as Gendao.

 

Dear sullen baboon, when you’ve something to contribute of value, do ring the church bells and bring out the cake, for until then, none of us are holding our breath for you to realize the tales of sound and fury signifying nothing coming from your direction are no different from the flatulence of an elephant or a rat. And still, whether from a field mouse tickling your ankle or a hippopotamus you desire to sodomize, flatulence is flatulence and unwanted, yet flows freely like the words from your mouth.

 

Dear friends, let us move forth and mourn not the absence of Gendao the bombastic baboon’s ramblings, and instead continue this enrapturing conversation on leftist discourse, for he will return soon enough with the same drivel, time and again.

 

 

 

 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

... at least he didnt suggest killing off everyone and  blaming women for death .

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

giphy.gif

Edited by Nungali
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay .... I'll take a shot for him ....

 

 

 

91AGD0PfiIL._SL1500_.jpg&key=c1ba01a22f5

 

 

 

tenor.gif

 

 

 

19 hours ago, gendao said:

Lol, the only sustainable, natural lifestyle is not a globalized busyness (still colonialist mindset)...but a non-profit, subsistence living off the land - where you only take what you need, when you need it, locally.  This not only ensures absolute freshness and living spontaneously in the present moment/organic/seasonal FLOW of Nature, but also keeps native ecosystems intact, eliminates transportation costs, and maintains the 1-on-1 living/ecospiritual connection between predator/prey in the food web.

And this is literally how aborigines mostly all lived before the advent of Christian colonialism...

 

Hmmmm ... that worked down here for at least  60,000 years . 

 

 

 

Meanwhile   'all yous guys '    ;

 

http://discovermagazine.com/1987/may/02-the-worst-mistake-in-the-history-of-the-human-race

 

 

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/80beats/2011/06/17/early-farmers-were-sicker-and-shorter-than-their-forager-ancestors/

 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Environmental_impact_of_agriculture

 

 

 

 

 

..... Oh   Oooo   !     tea wearing off  ....

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

3600-white-lg-t-donald-duck.jpg

 

 

 

 

Spoiler

 

f9b.png

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Nungali said:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

3600-white-lg-t-donald-duck.jpg

 

 

 

 

  Hide contents

 

f9b.png

 

 

 

Edited by Earl Grey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, Earl Grey said:

Whether ‚Äėtis the bombastic fundamentalist shouting at the top of his lungs in places of public gathering, or¬†the adamant¬†missionary¬†standing outside the door to your home, the homeless tramp endeavoring¬†to join you at your table at the restaurant and offering you the unverified story of how he was the richest man in Providence and how he can make you your fortune too, or the bombastic drunkard bellowing in your ears in the tavern, or the nettlesome salesman following you to the ends of the earth, they all share but one thing in common: they are the gregarious castaways and cutouts of society who¬†have room for one more to join their swelling ranks. That individual¬†is the tenacious testicle termite we all know affectionately as Gendao.

Lol, this lovely Tourette's spiel coming from a self-described "third-culture kid" with no "home" (by definition)...jfc, projection much?

psychological-projection-is-a-defense-me

I don't know what all "self-work" you've actually done on yourself, but your paper-thin skin, complete lack of self-awareness, and psych 101 coping mechanisms indicate that it's definitely NOT WORKING. :lol:

Edited by gendao

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

 

 

You think the insults where bad ?

 

 

 

 

 

 

... I actually watched some of that Disco Duck video .    

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

5jjso.jpg

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, gendao said:

projection much?

 

Wow, you learned a new word after everyone used it to characterize your reasons for posting all the crap that you say in every thread. Proud of you! Too bad your comprehension skills for "homeless" fail you and you equate my having loyalty to no homeland as being the same as recognizing just how you're about as welcome as a panhandler. 

 

9 hours ago, gendao said:

I don't know what all "self-work" you've actually done on yourself

 

Enough to know that I have more pride in what I have learned, things I have done, and things I know than a busybody like you, whose primary claim for authority is copying and pasting memes or reciting alien conspiracy theories and tying them to colonialism, taking posts off topic more often than not.

 

9 hours ago, gendao said:

paper-thin skin,

 

Or perhaps it's best characterized as a healthy intolerance for mediocrity and your egregiously poor rhetoric.

 

9 hours ago, gendao said:

complete lack of self-awareness,

 

OH THIS IS RICH, COMING FROM YOU OF ALL PEOPLE!

 

9 hours ago, gendao said:

psych 101 coping mechanisms

 

For someone with the abysmal intelligence you display in your posts, if your understanding of history and sociology are anything to go by, your authority on psychology is likewise just as dubious.

 

9 hours ago, gendao said:

it's definitely NOT WORKING

 

At least I have the dignity of knowing I've done a lot more in my brief life that led to more good for the planet and people than you ever will with your inane tirades.

 

When you can demonstrate your educational credentials, foreign experience proving you aren't a product of a parochial podunk, or work in the service of a higher calling and thusly earned value so that others can vouch for you with sincerity and gratitude, I can't take you seriously.

 

Until then, you are nothing more than the guy about town who butts into the conversations of other people who don't even know him, speaking about things you haven't got a clue about, and proving nothing more than that you have absolutely zero relevance to anything you poke your nose into. 

 

Here's a good place to start: https://www.idealist.org and https://www.devex.com/jobs if you actually have anything of value to offer to people who could use it. 

Edited by Earl Grey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites