Lazgrane

Strengthening the Blood

2 hours ago, Song of the Dao said:

Can you define the word "toxin"?

A substance that has proven negative effect on a health and human internal organs.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, silent thunder said:

Bless her, she'll still try on occasion, because she loves many foods with these in them and interestingly we have found that when her stress levels are low, her tolerance increases, sometimes dramatically.

The thing is, I can eat bread / cheese and things, but I am not blind or senseless enough to not know about long lasting consequences of such food.

Just because someone is less or more sensitive, does not change the fact, that it plays its role on human health and wellbeing.

If you drink beer, and don't die after it, it does not mean beer does no harm to the body.

The thing with toxins is that they can accumulate, and you never know when they will accumulate enough to cause serious trouble.

Edited by GSmaster
  • Like 1

In terms of "toxicity", dosage has to be taken into account.

Even water, which is healthy for the body, can be deadly if you have enough of it in a certain amount of time.

Sugar is the current enemy of the diet industry. But in smaller doses, it benefits the body.

Every person is different. For some, they may not even benefit from sugar and have bad effects from taking any. For others, they may need it. For the person who needs it, if they take the right amount, it's not toxic but is good for them. Same with any other thing that people normally ingest.

All of this is in the realm of foods, which are generally "non-toxic"...people can eat them every day and live a relatively long healthy life. But there are substances out there where if you take a couple of grams of it, it's life threatening...now that's real toxicity.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, GSmaster said:

A substance that has proven negative effect on a health and human internal organs.

So oxygen is toxic. And water.

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, Song of the Dao said:

So oxygen is toxic. And water.

Sounds to me like both have positive effects on human health and internal organs.

They are essential for life

Edited by GSmaster

5 hours ago, Aetherous said:

Even water, which is healthy for the body, can be deadly if you have enough of it in a certain amount of time.

Toxins are toxic in any amounts, i.e you can drink a shot of alcohol, it is still toxic. The only quantity matters is how fast you will get to the disease, depending on each individual body and ability to detox.

It is not like there is or ever will be a healthy dosage of alcohol, nor there is a healthy dosage of white sugar, nor there is a healthy dosage of bread.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Aetherous said:

people can eat them every day and live a relatively long healthy life

Yes, but you never know when you get heart attack, or cancer, or celiac disease, or tumors, or brain stroke, or any other disease which is caused by eating bread / sugar / milk. 

You could still live a hundred of years of life, just being sick every once in a while.

Its like a roullette.

After I said all this, I am going to make some toasted bread with cheddar cheese, garlic, onion, herbs, sea salt.

And enjoy it.

Edited by GSmaster

12 minutes ago, GSmaster said:

Toxins are toxic in any amounts, i.e you can drink a shot of alcohol, it is still toxic. The only quantity matters is how fast you will get to the disease, depending on each individual body and ability to detox.

It is not like there is or ever will be a healthy dosage of alcohol, nor there is a healthy dosage of white sugar, nor there is a healthy dosage of bread.

OK, so I can see where you are going. Maybe you should say: Things that have to go through Phase 1 and Phase II liver detoxification are toxic. That would make more sense. But milk and sugar do not go through that detox pathway. Alcohol does, however, so I would say alcohol is toxic and milk and sugar are is not. Your definition is not very specific. But even alcohol can be used a medicine, so what does toxic even mean?

32 minutes ago, GSmaster said:

Toxins are toxic in any amounts

This is kind of semantics, but what you're saying is essentially untrue. Something is only "toxic" when it's an amount that causes harm...if it's not causing harm, then how can it be called "toxic"? Let's say if someone has 5 drops of vodka - absolutely nothing bad is going to happen to them.

32 minutes ago, GSmaster said:

Yes, there are healthy dosages of all of those things. I mean, unless a person has celiac disease and can't have typical bread...then they probably can't handle any sort of dose.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, GSmaster said:

Yes, but you never know when you get heart attack, or cancer, or celiac disease, or tumors, or brain stroke, or any other disease which is caused by eating bread / sugar / milk. 

You could still live a hundred of years of life, just being sick every once in a while.

Its like a roullette.

You could avoid all of those food items for your entire life, and still get those diseases. And probably live a shorter and less healthy life due to avoiding them.

37 minutes ago, GSmaster said:

After I said all this, I am going to make some toasted bread with cheddar cheese, garlic, onion, herbs, sea salt.

And enjoy it.

Hell yeah.

If you disagree, with anything I say, just move on.

I have calculated this thread to 12 pages of discussion and it won't give any results beyond wasting my time on 2 people who have zero potential in cultivation. 

I am always right. You don't like the right answers, go with the wrong ones, atleast they are hard earned and not given for free.

7 minutes ago, GSmaster said:

I have calculated this thread to 12 pages of discussion and it won't give any results beyond wasting my time on 2 people who have zero potential in cultivation. 

I am always right. You don't like the right answers, go with the wrong ones, atleast they are hard earned and not given for free.

If you're saying things that are plainly not true, others are free to point it out. Welcome to the concept of a discussion forum. If you want a place where you can tell others false things and have it be unquestioned, feel free to make your own forum and delude the people who would go there.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, GSmaster said:

Yes, you are always right. I will move on.

Funny, edited to add this article I saw pop up in my feeds this morning:

https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/observations/todays-biggest-threat-the-polarized-mind/

Edited by Song of the Dao
Addded link.
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Song of the Dao said:

Fascinating. X can be good, but just not too much X.

Seem to be the general rule with enough exceptions to confirm it right?

• Like 1