Sign in to follow this  

It could've just been a kind of chaos magic, law of attraction, or placebo effect type thing, when Yoda's problems stopped after applying what appeared to be a solution to the problems.

Or maybe the talismans etc were legit. I mean, that's truly a possibility too. The source of them is silly, but sometimes silly people can have learned magic, too.

Either way, it was unfortunate that he felt like it was bad enough that he had to leave the forum and break contact with his fellow cultivators. Such a thing, in my mind, really looks like the beginnings of joining a dangerous cult. As such, I hope he's not associated with Mak Tin Si anymore, and is carefree and enjoying life.

• Like 3

I hope Yoda's path is flourishing no matter where he is, even if he's still doing what we may consider to be funny ornamental daoistey stuff.  Its not exactly out of the question that one's master would advise against the shit shows that forums often wind up being.  :)

• Like 3

On 03/03/2019 at 9:59 AM, lifeforce said:

This is just too much !😂

https://youtu.be/E7uNUAkcrik

So I watched a beginning of this video and I'm curious as to what exactly you found so hilarious there. On several occasions I have found that his understanding is in fact deep however ridiculous he might appear. Not a fan of him, this is for sure.

Edited by idquest

I don’t think its hilarious, rather the opposite.

By no means do i wish to disrespect the rules, so i shall edit further.

Edited by Rocky Lionmouth

1 hour ago, idquest said:

So I watched a beginning of this video and I'm curious as to what exactly you found so hilarious there. On several occasions I have found that his understanding is in fact deep however ridiculous he might appear. Not a fan of him, this is for sure.

Sorry to say you must have very little understanding yourself! What he's saying is complete nonsense. The only thing that's right is his pronunciation of 'Dao', "Do". The rest is just rubbish. Ever seen a Dao practitioner salute like that? Look at the hand he is holding. Most genuine sects either have left hand over right fist or if they have  some influence from Buddhism, palms together. Look at the alter, genuine Dao sects have no fruit or offerings and I don't even recognise the figures he's put there. He never used to have any figures, but as he gets more info so he alters to try to be ahead of the game. He calls himself a "Si Gung" (Grand Master). Most genuine sects of religious Dao have an Immortal as the head of the sect. So the head of my sect is Hua Tuo Xian Shi. So the three Immortal Masters that I follow are the source of the power and teachings that I use. They always come first, are always invoked to do the healing etc. and more importantly are the head of the sect.

• Like 1

Let's remember the person being insulted here is a member of this forum thereby protected under the insult policy, forum rules and terms of service.

Some food for thought... Perhaps the folks here calling him an idiot and ridiculous ought to be searching to heal themselves of what causes them to stoop to such low levels so as to denigrate another while pointing to immortals to back self-ascribed credentials.

• Like 3

@flowing hands re the fruit and offerings, you’ve never seen it? I have and i do, i’ve been instructed to offer certain fruit and other things, but my instruction is southern, i don’t know if this might be relevant.

Sign in to follow this