yuuichi

How to retain as much qi as possible in the body?

So it’s that time of year again where I may start feeling unwell more often due to the cold weather, and so I would like to ask the forums how to retain as much qi in my body as possible during this time.

I have read this forum as much as possible and i have found a few ideas from other people:

1. Eat as much carbohydrates as possible - they contain a lot of energy (qi), which the body stores as fat.

2. Eat as much animal fat as possible - this helps the body build the myelin sheath that protects the nerves.

3. Reverse abdominal breathing and horse stance until the legs start shaking before going to bed.

4. Sleep long hours.

5. Celibacy

6. Stop doing anything which arouses the senses too much.

Anything else? 

Edited by yuuichi

Im retaining it so i can improve my body’s vitality as stated in my post.

Edited by yuuichi
  • Haha 1

Sounds like you just need a bit more energy in your life. This is quite simple, but most people don’t do this...

1) exercise - physical exercise of any kind that gets you out of your breath and sweating at the very least. 3 times a week minimum. Make sure to do a lot of core exercises and mobility/stretching.

2) get to sleep before 11 every night. Don’t sleep longer than 9hrs or less than 7. Make sure to get some sunshine as early as possible.

3) eat blood nourishing foods. Red meat from naturally reared animals. Black beans, leafy greens. Cod liver oil. Nuts. Mushrooms. Goji.

4) stop celibacy (but don’t over do it - once a week is fine). Stop reverse breathing. Stop horse stance.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, freeform said:

Sounds like you just need a bit more energy in your life. This is quite simple, but most people don’t do this...

1) exercise - physical exercise of any kind that gets you out of your breath and sweating at the very least. 3 times a week minimum. Make sure to do a lot of core exercises and mobility/stretching.

2) get to sleep before 11 every night. Don’t sleep longer than 9hrs or less than 7. Make sure to get some sunshine as early as possible.

3) eat blood nourishing foods. Red meat from naturally reared animals. Black beans, leafy greens. Cod liver oil. Nuts. Mushrooms. Goji.

4) stop celibacy (but don’t over do it - once a week is fine). Stop reverse breathing. Stop horse stance.

Excellent, but you forgot about coffee.

only half kidding.  After the fundamentals, those who are older, traditionally turned to tonics.  For millennia your middle aged would be brewing up herbs in the summer and fall, and taking a teaspoon or two daily to help us through winter.

That reminds me that its time to take 2 or 3 droppers full of Pine Pollen tonic, a great blood and dare I say qi & testosterone builder.  I use this brand https://www.etsy.com/listing/252925448/pine-pollen-tincture-wild-harvested-from?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=pine+pollen+tincture&ref=sr_gallery-1-3&frs=1

If you are talking about anti-cold, then acu-pressing the " Yang Chi " ("陽池" )  ( literally means "Pool of yang " )  acupuncture point at the middle of our   wrist is helpful . Just press it  2~3  times per day  , each last for 3 ~ 5 minutes .

Yang chi.jpg

Edited by exorcist_1699

Qigong movements are important, they can clear the meridians and then qi flows better. Zhan zhuang can help gaining some qi and also release blockages in meridians. Breathe properly (calmly and into belly and back) and also properly eat. Listen to your body and eat just enough and move also a bit. And most importantly relax. You are gonna die anyway no matter what you do so do not stress too much.

On 12/11/2018 at 8:43 AM, yuuichi said:

So it’s that time of year again where I may start feeling unwell more often due to the cold weather ...

I wonder what you mean by "unwell". To say one is unwell seems like a judgement on what you are experiencing. Could it be that you are not interpreting your experience in the right way?

Let me explain. For as long as I can remember, I have noticed that during the this time of year I experience a change in my mood and general energy level. Could this be interpreted as unwell. Maybe. In stead, I have come to associate this with the cycle of the seasons and how the earths energy changes during the cycle. In this view, I am less disturbed by the change and more encourged to work with it than resist it. I don't view it as a loss of energy but rather an ebb in energy movement corresponding to nature. Key to this was noticing that I began to feel more energetic and more elevated in mood in the early part of the new year. So, rather than struggle against these feelings, I now accept them as natural. As long as I am not showing any signs of pathogenic illness then I am not too concerned.

In this light, the practices you outline may not be helpful or may even be more detrimental. 

Just something to think about. 

So it’s that time of year again where I may start feeling unwell more often due to the cold weather, and so I would like to ask the forums how to retain as much qi in my body as possible during this time.

I have read this forum as much as possible and i have found a few ideas from other people:

1. Eat as much carbohydrates as possible - they contain a lot of energy (qi), which the body stores as fat.

2. Eat as much animal fat as possible - this helps the body build the myelin sheath that protects the nerves.

3. Reverse abdominal breathing and horse stance until the legs start shaking before going to bed.

4. Sleep long hours.

5. Celibacy

Anything else? 

yep - be very careful when you read this forum as it's a psychic black hole that will suck your qi away. good luck!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 16/12/2018 at 12:11 AM, voidisyinyang said:

yep - be very careful when you read this forum as it's a psychic black hole that will suck your qi away. good luck!

How do you know?

14 hours ago, Pyramidalcow said:

How do you know?

The pineal gland is an electrogravitic transducer - so holographically states when people's spirit frequency are stuck (hard-wired) in their lower body. It's the males that are the problem since females can naturally sublimate their energy (are yang internally). Western civilization has destroyed the planet so people are mass mind controlled. I've been posting on this website for maybe 15 years. haha. I've seen a lot of things on this site.

• Confused 1

4. Sleep long hours.

5. Celibacy

Anything else? 

my 2 cents.

1 and 2 don't seem like parts of a balanced diet, partly because of the 'as much as possible..', some of both is good, but a healthy diet is balanced, less processed and often less is more.   Extremes tend to be bad.

3.  horse stance is great.. reverse breathing can be problematic particularly if its done too forcefully, good to have an experienced teacher see what you're doing.  Also strenuous exercise before bed can keep you from sleeping.

4. In winter longer hours seem fine, but again, balance, don't over due it.

5. Celibacy.. many top people here think if its forced, its not true celibacy.  Perhaps a disciplined approach is better then strict celibacy especially if you're not following a system that specifically deals with turning jing to chi..

6. Sounds good, everything in moderation.  Including that advice; every now and then let loose, enjoy yourself. 

Edited by thelerner
  • Thanks 1

4. Sleep long hours.

5. Celibacy

Anything else? 

Your number 1 - carbs increase your serotonin levels. So this activates the vagus nerve more for better relaxation. It's not about fat as much as it is about relaxation.

Your number 2 - the myelin is actually from lecithin. This is why "eggs" are "brain food" in daoism - it's the main source of lecithin. For Buddhists - tofu is the main source of lecithin - eggs and soybeans are the 2 highest lecithin sources as food.

Number 3 - yes you have correctly identified the secret to celibacy - the key is to push your sympathetic nervous system to its extreme - so stand with the legs bent - the knees bent more - so legs shake 7 to 9 times per second. When the sympathetic nervous system is pushed to the extreme then a parasympathetic rebound reaction occurs - this floods the body with serotonin - starting from the lower body. So you know when you clear out your colon this is due to increasing the serotonin levels.

You can enhance number 3 by understanding the yin-yang channels of the body. So if you add "moving of yin and yang" to the horse stance - for males the right hand faces the upper body (yin right hand, yang upper body) and the left hand is yang and so faces the lower body that is yin. 

So watch this starting position - you hold that as a static pose for 3 minutes in the beginning to activate the "yang-yin" and "yin-yang" free energy circuits.

So then you can also sit in full lotus with left leg on top - that activates your right side kidney more along with the liver channels.

Also you can then put your thumb and middle finger of right hand against the center of the left hand palm and back of left palm - and left hand middle finger close off the channels - this closes off your dragon and tiger channels of the hands (the front and back of the arms - that go to the heart and the reproductive organs as dragon and tiger.

http://qianfengdaoismuk.weebly.com/qianfeng-daoist-meditation-hand-positions.html

That posture has an image explanation - in the Taoist Yoga: alchemy and immortality lineage website.

Edited by voidisyinyang

6 hours ago, voidisyinyang said:

carbs increase your serotonin levels. So this activates the vagus nerve more for better relaxation.

How does serotonin affect the vagus nerve? From what i’ve read about serotonin after seeing your response, 90% of all serotonin is found in the gut and just is used as a neurotransmitter between neurones. It doesn’t seem to affect the vagus nerve.

This is why "eggs" are "brain food" in daoism - it's the main source of lecithin

Am I supposed to cook the eggs? I know that some nutrients can get damaged if you cook them.

Number 3 - yes you have correctly identified the secret to celibacy - the key is to push your sympathetic nervous system to its extreme - so stand with the legs bent - the knees bent more - so legs shake 7 to 9 times per second.

This is the most viewed tutorial on youtube about the horse stance. Do I just follow her? I’ll add the other stuff you said afterwards too.

7 hours ago, voidisyinyang said:

So you know when you clear out your colon this is due to increasing the serotonin levels.

So i’m supposed to go to the toilet after doing horse stance, is what you are saying?

In your other posts you say charge travels along the myelin, when wikipedia (and from what I can remember at school) says that it is Acetyl CoA that travels down the axon to join with choline to form acetylcholine. The Acetyl CoA doesn’t travel through the myelin.

Wikipedia says it the neuroglia/myelin just absorbs neurosteroids (not any electricity), but these neurosteriods don’t contain charge.

thanks!

2 hours ago, yuuichi said:

How does serotonin affect the vagus nerve? From what i’ve read about serotonin after seeing your response, 90% of all serotonin is found in the gut and just is used as a neurotransmitter between neurones. It doesn’t seem to affect the vagus nerve.

Am I supposed to cook the eggs? I know that some nutrients can get damaged if you cook them.

This is the most viewed tutorial on youtube about the horse stance. Do I just follow her? I’ll add the other stuff you said afterwards too.

So i’m supposed to go to the toilet after doing horse stance, is what you are saying?

In your other posts you say charge travels along the myelin, when wikipedia (and from what I can remember at school) says that it is Acetyl CoA that travels down the axon to join with choline to form acetylcholine. The Acetyl CoA doesn’t travel through the myelin.

Wikipedia says it the neuroglia/myelin just absorbs neurosteroids (not any electricity), but these neurosteriods don’t contain charge.

thanks!

Have you read my pdf yet? It addresses your questions - just see the link below my post

the eggs - you want a runny yolk

but I guess lecithin can cause heart disease also.

I use cayenne. Not sure if that counteracts the negative side of lecithin.

I guess it depends on your type of gut bacteria.

Edited by voidisyinyang
  • Thanks 1

Yes I remember seeing your pdf on scribd or a similar website many months ago and I scrolled through and read it on there all the way through, but it didn’t talk about how to do horse stance in your way. And I remember in your pdf you talked about vibrations from the vagus affecting collagen and making them healthy. That is fine for collagen but I am curious why you go against what mainstream science says in regard to electric charge travelling down the mainstream view is that charge flows down the neurone as Acetyl CoA and then joins with choline in the end of the neurone to form the neurotransmitter acetylcholine. But you think it travels through the myelin? I’m just confused 

1 minute ago, yuuichi said:

Yes I remember seeing your pdf on scribd or a similar website many months ago and I scrolled through and read it on there all the way through, but it didn’t talk about how to do horse stance in your way. And I remember in your pdf you talked about vibrations from the vagus affecting collagen and making them healthy. That is fine for collagen but I am curious why you go against what mainstream science says in regard to electric charge travelling down the mainstream view is that charge flows down the neurone as Acetyl CoA and then joins with choline in the end of the neurone to form the neurotransmitter acetylcholine. But you think it travels through the myelin? I’m just confused 

oh - ok read my other article for more details - secret science of spiritual healing - then tell me if you're still confused.

http://www.viewzone.com/spiritualhealing.html

Did you read the acupuncture article?

Neuron signals are still "debated" in science. Quantum biology is more accurate - the Hameroff and Penrose model relies on the microtubules INSIDE the collagen.

So the qi signal is actually non-local as the 5th dimension as phase or superluminal momentum. Dr. Mae-Wan Ho gets into this when she cites Emilio del Guidice (corroborating Hameroff and Penrose).

So the signal is faster than a typical neuron signal - due to the phase coherence.

And there is also a non-linear feedback between the subharmonics and overtones - so the "yuan qi" is due to the magnetic moment or spin - again this is non-local phase between the electron (yin qi) and proton (yang qi). It is not dependent on the neurotransmitter. This has been documented by a Japan-based physicist, with whom I've corresponded. As Dr. mae-Wan HO details - it's mainly from split water. But as Dr. Jack Tuszynski details (another quantum biologist) the serotonin captures the biophotons.

So the vagus nerve works with serotonin as well as acetylcholine.

The lecithin charge works like an electric eel - as my article details.

So the reason Western scientists don't know how it works is because they don't do the training - to store up the lecithin as myelination charge.

You'll have to review my research and I'll review my research also. For example it's proven that ultrasound "Grows Nerves" - and so this corroborates the claim of one qigong school that focuses on "growing nerves" to offset any kundalini jing symptoms.

But the ultrasound has an infrasound subharmonic that is actually the reverse phase or the spin between the electron and proton (and so is superluminal magnetic moment as yuan qi energy).

So my training pdf goes into that more.

So it's not just an ion neurotransmitter flow charge - although the potassium to sodium ratio is key. Potassium is the vagus nerve charge stored up.

The yuan qi itself is not dependent on physical matter as it's the 5th dimension.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, voidisyinyang said:

You'll have to review my research and I'll review my research also. For example it's proven that ultrasound "Grows Nerves" - and so this corroborates the claim of one qigong school that focuses on "growing nerves" to offset any kundalini jing symptoms.

To be open and honest, I not looking for any guidance on alchemy or anything like that though your posts are obviously amazing but it is a little beyond my understanding and what I want to achieve right now. I’m just having a lot of trouble with celibacy, and attempting to have a mind free of lust because there are obviously a lot of beautiful women everywhere. So I believe that the only way of suceeding with celibacy is grow a lot of myelinated neurones. I think it makes sense that having this sort of insulation would prevent the energy or qi going crazy so easily from lust. You didn’t say whether the horse stance video I posted was the appropriate way of doing horse stance? Also, do I need to go to the toilet after doing horse stance? You say that the person needs to clear his colon after horse stance? Thanks.

1 hour ago, yuuichi said:

To be open and honest, I not looking for any guidance on alchemy or anything like that though your posts are obviously amazing but it is a little beyond my understanding and what I want to achieve right now. I’m just having a lot of trouble with celibacy, and attempting to have a mind free of lust because there are obviously a lot of beautiful women everywhere. So I believe that the only way of suceeding with celibacy is grow a lot of myelinated neurones. I think it makes sense that having this sort of insulation would prevent the energy or qi going crazy so easily from lust. You didn’t say whether the horse stance video I posted was the appropriate way of doing horse stance? Also, do I need to go to the toilet after doing horse stance? You say that the person needs to clear his colon after horse stance? Thanks.

OK on the lecithin:

Lecithin: Lecithin is the glyceryl ester of a pair of fatty acids and a substituted phosphoric acid group attached to a choline radical. “Choline” is one of the products of lecithin, representing about 15 percent of the molecule. Lecithin placed in water and observed under the microscope, will diffuse out, forming long, curving strands (myelin forms). The hydrophilic nature of the lecithin molecule plays an important part in the structure and properties of cell membranes. It is the lipid used in nerve tissue.

You should really study the book "Taoist Yoga: Alchemy and Immortality" - the key here is what the book calls "Evil fire of the heart."

So with your eyes open then the Po Soul - the lung energy will cling to the Hun soul and so the Po Soul easily gets pulled up and out of the eyes.

So the Hun Soul is a Subconscious biophoton trigger - meaning the problem you are talking about - this is just because your eyes are open!! In Neidan this is describes as your yin qi (left eye) and yang qi (right eye) as being separated and therefore the  Sun (third eye) and Moon (lower tan t'ien) are ALSO separated.

In terms of science it is as I described in the links I gave.

So you should actually be able to FEEL the lecithin being activated in your prostate - just from this subconscious image that you refer to - or what Taoist Yoga calls "evil fire of the heart."

It also describes it as a "Twinkle in the Eye" and then states even if you have NO THOUGHTS about this subconscious image activation - even in your deep dreamless sleep - you will still lose the alchemical pill - the elixir.

So then you refer to a certain video that is based on this image of the evil fire of the heart!

It is just a matter of accepting that males are yin internally while females are yang internally. So for one month a year it is necessary for males to have NO CONTACT with females - no eye contact. That is from the original human culture. Every time a male went hunting - then no contact with a female for three days. Now in Brahmin priest training - if EYE contact is made with a female then three days of purification is required.

So you can see these standards are the opposite of modern norms.

So I was told - for advanced training - do NOT use the internet. Do NOT watch t.v. - that such things are psychic black holes.

The only way to fix this is what the Taoist Yoga book calls Quick Fire. ONLY the deep fast breathing has the POWER to reset the vagus nerve energy - to reverse the biophoton trigger of the sympathetic nervous system. The degree to HOW MUCH standing active exercise (trance dance) is necessary depends on how much sympathetic nervous system activation has occurred. Just with a slight activation - it is already PRE-TRIGGERED as a signal. As I said - you can feel this lecithin kicking out. Then the "gate of mortality" is dilated.

And so ideally - this should not need to be discussed in words - because the left brain HAS to be emptied out. ONLY the right side vagus nerve - the deep reptilian vagus nerve - can FIX the problem - and so then will have to "feed the brain" - first the right side of the brain. Then as the brain fills with cerebrospinal fluid and blood - then the right brain vagus nerve activates the left side of the brain and finally that conceptual trigger is cleared out.

So the standing active exercise is actually the FASTEST way to clear out the conceptual mind - by creating this parasympathetic rebound reaction. Yes clearing out the colon is a physical sign that the dopamine lust has been converted to serotonin bliss - thereby over-riding the sympathetic nervous system. But that may not be enough. You need to keep going until the left brain conceptual mind is cleared out.

You will learn from experience - at first the Yuan Qi gets turned back into yang qi - as a buzzing sensation and the yin qi as a blissful heat but then it get turns into yin jing - that turns into the physical loss as lecithin. That lecithin has to be re-ionized.

choline to be abundantly available to tissues and cross the blood-brain barrier effectively.

. Substances with High Lipid Solubility May Move Across the BBB by Simple Diffusion

Edited by voidisyinyang

2 hours ago, yuuichi said:

So I believe that the only way of suceeding with celibacy is grow a lot of myelinated neurones.

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/280583256_On_the_possible_quantum_role_of_serotonin_in_consciousness

This article connections the lipids - lecithin as phospholipids - just says "lipids" - and serotonin and biophotons as quantum energy....

17 hours ago, voidisyinyang said:

It is just a matter of accepting that males are yin internally while females are yang internally. So for one month a year it is necessary for males to have NO CONTACT with females - no eye contact. That is from the original human culture. Every time a male went hunting - then no contact with a female for three days. Now in Brahmin priest training - if EYE contact is made with a female then three days of purification is required.

Why is it necessary for males to have no contact with females for a whole month? In the original human culture, males didn’t go hunting for a whole month, and they didn’t hunt just once a year.

So are you saying that if I feel the need to go toilet after doing horse stance, then this is the sign I did horse stance correctly?

The greatest improvement to qi comes from not leaking qi, through negativity, stress and titilation of the senses and emotions.  Which is what this current society does and does nothing else.   Not much point getting more qi, when you leak so much, it just won't work.

5 hours ago, yuuichi said:

Why is it necessary for males to have no contact with females for a whole month? In the original human culture, males didn’t go hunting for a whole month, and they didn’t hunt just once a year.

So are you saying that if I feel the need to go toilet after doing horse stance, then this is the sign I did horse stance correctly?

Actually there is a great "old Skool" kung fu movie featuring horse stance training - and the teacher "finally" teaches the student - and it's these esoteric arm movements. The student "pretends" like he doesn't get the joke - since the arm movement is actually simulating the flushing of a toilet! haha. So Master Nan, Huai-chin states if your colon is not cleared out then you are not going to see light while meditating. Yes what 'causes" a person to have to go to the bathroom is actually Infrasound harmonics - that increases serotonin levels. So when your thigh muscles are sore and the legs shaking 7 to 9 times per second - then this pushes the sympathetic nervous system to its extreme, causing a parasympathetic rebound as vagus nerve activation. That flushes the colon with serotonin and boom! The colon clears out. Also as Master Nan, Huai-jin states - doing that standing active exercise with the thigh muscles sore is the key secret to maintaining celibacy before sleep. So it's a win-win-win situation. You build up qi, you clear out the colon - you also Empty out the mind - and you maintain celibacy. So win-win-win-win. It's just a matter of how much you need to do. That's your own personal situation.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, voidisyinyang said:

Actually there is a great "old Skool" kung fu movie featuring horse stance training - and the teacher "finally" teaches the student - and it's these esoteric arm movements. The student "pretends" like he doesn't get the joke - since the arm movement is actually simulating the flushing of a toilet! haha.

I dont know if this is the same one, but i freaking love this movie!

• Like 2