wandelaar

The Dao Trumps

9 minutes ago, windwalker said:

Actually I don't view the trunk thread as a political thread.

I think it reflects ideologies and viewpoints, contrasted with one's own view of reality.

I can't argue that as I am pretty much in agreement with you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, windwalker said:

Actually I don't view the trunk thread as a political thread.

I think it reflects ideologies and viewpoints, contrasted with one's own view of reality.

But then what is a political thread if it ain't a topic that "reflects ideologies and viewpoints, contrasted with one's own view of reality"?

12 minutes ago, wandelaar said:

But then what is a political thread if it ain't a topic that "reflects ideologies and viewpoints, contrasted with one's own view of reality"?

its up to you, how you view it, your interpretation.

If you feel its a political thread then it is...for me its not...

with my rationale for how I feel about given

Edited by windwalker

5 minutes ago, windwalker said:

its up to you, how you view it, your interpretations...

If you feel its a political thread then it is...for me its not...

with my rationale for how I feel about given. 

Thank you - but I am not asking how I think about it, because I already know how I think about it. ;)

Could you give an example of a thread that you consider political, and explain why you do so?

Just now, wandelaar said:

Thank you - but I am not asking how I think about it, because I already know how I think about it. ;)

Could you give an example of a thread that you consider political, and explain why you do so?

I could but see no point to doing so,, does it matter...

On 10/28/2018 at 3:04 AM, wandelaar said:

Maybe we should change the name of this forum into The Dao Trumps? When I look at 'Activity' I see that most time and energy is invested in debating the excellence or deplorability of Trump. And with what result? Has anybody learned something that changed or nuanced his point of view?

True. We can claim it's for the fun, it's on the side, etc. Is it truly? Many times this discussion obviously turns ugly.  Some seem to be really invested in these topics!  Doesn't matter if it's for or against, one calling the other fanatic and names.

• Like 1

It doesn't feel like it's about Trump.  It's about our true inner demons coming out!

• Like 1

Took a look at Activity to see what is happening. I counted 23 posts in the Talk Trump-topic against 4 posts in all the other topics... :wacko:

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

IMO the political landscape is a microcosm and reflection of the amplification of the forces of TRUTH and LIES.

The Internet, in many ways, was a main catalyst in this.  Trump probably wouldn't have won, if not for the Internet (IMO), and a lot of the international elite corruption would be much less known.

It isn't RIGHT vs. LEFT, but RIGHT vs WRONG.  The spiritual world is real - and the forces of Truth (Light) and Lies (Darkness) are real.

People are fired up, because to some Trump is the savior of Western Civilization, and to others he is Hitler on Steroids.

Edited by futuredaze
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Lost in Translation said:

The creator of the Talk Trump thread has the power to hide it. Wouldn't that be funny, 648 pages and 16,188 posts suddenly hidden from view? I think some would have a apoplectic fit!

161  88    post

German headquarter

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Lost in Translation said:

The creator of the Talk Trump thread has the power to hide it. Wouldn't that be funny, 648 pages and 16,188 posts suddenly hidden from view? I think some would have a apoplectic fit!

There is always the possibility, it can end up in the pit if it turns really ugly enough.   But, if this goes to the pit and is not locked, I am sure the discussion will continue in the pit, where the rules are even more lax than O-G.  If this was on the main areas of the forum, this might have been pitted already!

The point though is not about hiding or pitting this thread.  If it's hidden, I am sure there will be a new Trump topic where things will continue exactly where they left off in the old one.  It's not the 650 pages thread that is carrying on the discussion.  It is the people invested in this topic over anything else, it has reached 650 pages and keeps going on!  If hidden, the new topic or discussion will reach 650 pages once again, if we have the similar set of people discussing the topic.

There is a old parable in India.  They say, you can't hide the comb to stop a wedding!  They will find another comb to dress the bride.  Hiding the thread by the owner will have similar outcome.  There may be some minor shock initially, but it can't stop the political or Trump obsession.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Yes - that's correct. I personally see no problem in Bums discussing Trump. But - as you say - it has become an obsession. Some Bums participating in that topic no longer know when to stop as both parties want to have the last word. And so the thing is spinning out of control, and the middle way as regards the positions taken and the time invested is lost.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, wandelaar said:

Yes - that's correct. I personally see no problem in Bums discussing Trump. But - as you say - it has become an obsession. Some Bums participating in that topic no longer know when to stop as both parties want to have the last word. And so the thing is spinning out of control, and the middle way as regards the positions taken and the time invested is lost.

This is to assume the only thing being discussed is Trump. There is soo much more than this simple analysis implies. 

And that there are only two parties..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, ilumairen said:

This is to assume the only thing being discussed is Trump. There is soo much more than this simple analysis implies. 

And that there are only two parties..

Agreed I am finding that thread very useful for staying up to date with current issues and well,  Trump has allot to do with current issues comes with being president. There are also more than two parties represented. It is not just Left and Right Democrate and Republican  but those that fall somewhere in-between.

Edited by Pilgrim
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, wandelaar said:

Perhaps I should have highlighted the red parts?

18 minutes ago, wandelaar said:

Yes, obviously it has become obsessive.  When I logged in yesterday, there were 21 users, 11 of them reading the Trump topic.  As you or someone else pointed out, the new activity in this thread sometimes is several times over all activities in entire TDB.  

At this point we need to stop and question if this is adding any true value to spiritual progress.  I am thinking of starting a discussion under the 'Forum...' sub topic to get others opinion.  And yes, it's not about Trump, as I stated few posts back, it's our inner demons coming out.  People lashing at each others calling them names at times.

Here is what I wrote in my PPD for anyone interested in reading, about wasting the valuable human life in such meaningless debates, starting with a parable Buddha narrated.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wandelaar said:

What is the pit?

That is a forum sub section where some really nasty posts end up.  You can visit the section and check out some threads.

36 minutes ago, Marblehead said:

Maybe we could talk more about Clinton and less about Trump?

Or maybe about Dao, sometime? 🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, s1va said:

At this point we need to stop and question if this is adding any true value to spiritual progress.  I am thinking of starting a discussion under the 'Forum...' sub topic to get others opinion.  And yes, it's not about Trump, as I stated few posts back, it's our inner demons coming out.  People lashing at each others calling them names at times.

Are you gaining value in your own spiritual progress by focusing on this?

• Thanks 2