wandelaar

The Dao Trumps

1 hour ago, Marblehead said:

Have you ever known me to be wrong yet?

How about Trump? :P

But no - we are not going into that here. There is already a topic about that.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 11/1/2018 at 5:17 AM, wandelaar said:

Yes - that's my main problem, the large amount of posts on contemporary politics (and particularly concerning Trump) that show up in 'Activity' give the impression that this forum actually is mainly about politics no matter what the name and structure of the site might suggest. This might scare away new members and make old members reconsider whether this is still the appropriate community for studying and developing Taoism and spirituality.

I have no problem with Bums leaving the main room so to speak to discuss Trump in some back chamber. As long as it remains a side-issue it's OK. There are more than enough opportunities on the internet to discuss politics, so it need not even become more than a side-issue. However there is only one The Dao Bums and it would be a pity when it would lose it's main focus and value just because of the political upheaval around Trump.

It may of taken six pages to get to a point that really made sense to me and you know we've made some changes. I just want to thank you for your persistence in making your point.  :)

Just don't assume I'll agree next time :lol:

BTW: Sean (owner), immediately resonated with the point made and quickly stepped in to help find a solution ;)

• Like 2

The most congenial conversation is promoted by talking about anything other than the one presumed to be paramount. 

At work , talk golf, at golf ,talk baseball... etc.

5 minutes ago, Stosh said:

The most congenial conversation is promoted by talking about anything other than the one presumed to be paramount. 

At work , talk golf, at golf ,talk baseball... etc.

indeed, made me think about talking about the weather at various critical moments

Edited by 3bob
  • Like 1

Just now, 3bob said:

indeed, made me think about talking about the weather.

Thats a good choice too, socially it is just a soothing ... option. Talking work at work , evrrybody is primed for war. 

Its just a suggestion , a peculiar factoid. But if people were really discussing philosophy here, the place would be aflame. 

• Haha 1