Lightseeker

May anyone instruct me in how to MAKE talismans etc.

As I read about the occult, and even Chinese mythology, I see the recurring theme of magical objects or tailsmans, they are worn in the hands, neck and feet, and often give protection or some ability. I know many of you k wow how to make these items for various magickal purposes or otherwise. I would love to hear about those.

• Like 1

What's the point of making a talisman if you don't know how to charge it with energy? Why are you constantly putting the cart before the horse?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Zork said:

What's the point of making a talisman if you don't know how to charge it with energy? Why are you constantly putting the cart before the horse?

Are there no self charged talismans? It can’t be that hard to charge it with energy can it?

If you already have the capability to protect yourself with your own energy what's the point of having a talisman?

Talismans require rigid faith or entities or elemental energy to power. You are questing. You lack knowledge of all the above. When you understand these principles you will know how to make one yourself.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Zork said:

If you already have the capability to protect yourself with your own energy what's the point of having a talisman?

Talismans require rigid faith or entities or elemental energy to power. You are questing. You lack knowledge of all the above. When you understand these principles you will know how to make one yourself.

Are you willing to share basic info about the above, or point me to a source who may?

A wicca site would be a more appropriate place to look for. You read Crowley's books didn't you?

Anyway you are wasting your time. Making a talisman is very advanced stuff that requires years of dedication to get there. You could go there by faith but the belief system could contradict to what you would be trying to achieve.

My advice would be to stop messing around with things you don't understand.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, joeblast said:

Nice quote, btw through my short time on SOTGs forums I noticed your ubiquitous presence in almost all of the threads there. I’m sure you know about the stuff I’m asking plus way more...

2 hours ago, Zork said:

My advice would be to stop messing around with things you don't understand

Then how do I go about understanding?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Lightseeker said:

Nice quote, btw through my short time on SOTGs forums I noticed your ubiquitous presence in almost all of the threads there. I’m sure you know about the stuff I’m asking plus way more...

Then you were there long enough to know that the first two things pointed to were his tech #1 and my breathwork threads.  But what use are the fundamentals, when one wants to ascend the mountain right away?   I dont really tend to be very sympathetic towards people he's banned - he's a nice guy, a tolerant guy, and there's only a couple classes of dumbstuff that triggers him to lower the banhammer.  You need to spend time practicing fundamental techniques - being able to achieve true stillness in meditation is a prerequisite to all of the things further up the mountain and its also an important safety mechanism for integrating more powerful energies.  Humans cant simply be airlifted from sea level to the summit of everest, they must condition themselves to withstand the environment there.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Not my area, there are books on it.  I collect guided meditations and this one was fun for you.  Bit more of a mental game, but some realities begin in the mind. 

here is a safe one,  string 60 cheerios onto a piece of twine and place over your neck, then eat two cheerios a day, one while repeating the St. Francis of Assisi prayer in the morning and one while doing the same before going to bed.

(of course remove while bathing or doing sweaty karma yoga)

Edited by 3bob
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Lightseeker said:

Then how do I go about understanding?

Read philosophy, live your life, fall in love. Fail; succeed and then come back. You will have gained understanding.

6 hours ago, Lightseeker said:

As I read about the occult, and even Chinese mythology, I see the recurring theme of magical objects or tailsmans, they are worn in the hands, neck and feet, and often give protection or some ability. I know many of you k wow how to make these items for various magickal purposes or otherwise. I would love to hear about those.

Go to a craft store and buy some styrofoam balls, cloth, and string. Find a picture of someone you really hate. Have that picture handy while you make your fetish by drawing the cloth together and binding it with the string, using the styrofoam ball as the head. You'll want to wrap the head in cloth and sew string to it for hair. When the doll is done then you can affix the photo to its head. Now you have a wonderful "hate toy." You can think about how much you hate the person pictured there while you stab the doll's head with sewing needles.

Be careful that this might backfire. Done wrong you might draw hate towards yourself. I'm just sayin'...

Spoiler

"Live to hate, don't hate to live."

-- Sergeant Hatred

250px-Hatred_cigar.png

Edited by Lost in Translation
  • Haha 1

How hard can it be to charge something?

Well, there are certain materials with the right qualities that have been charged up by something, like sun and moon for instance, over long periods of time.

Basically not hard at all, they’ve done all the work for you already. Now to find one you need to ponder what qualities those might be and what kind of materials that could be viable for talismans, that is something you find out or someone has to show you. Is it right for you if you find one? Would someone need it better? Why is that?

Go find your local Fung Suy big shot and ask advice, collect anything he throws at you or scoffs at like it were dung, especially if it looks like old beaten handmedowns or like something that fell off the souvenir shop rejects cart. I’m dead serious.

Very little of talismans is to be understood by reading, sorry mate.

Edited by Rocky Lionmouth
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Lightseeker said:

A shame BKA is no longer here, she makes them .  She also sells them on line   ....   but I see you want to hear about them

Again, this is western trad / method. Do you want to do that ?  There are simple methods and more complex ones.

This is a handy little book :

94e8ab5da99a9b3b9527bed7414eef65.jpg

I use a formulae  (for planetary talismans ) based on 'magic squares '  ;

Here is a simple one   

image.png.107ca26936ff584af639440d696840fc.png

all  columns  including diagonals add to 15  - the arrangement of the consecutive numbers to achieve these totals is considered 'magical' .   The system I used was basically, to 'join the dots'  ( the centre of each square is the dot and you follow the numbers consecutively - some might need to be 'overlaid' ) .  This creates a geometric / grid like mandala which each segment can be coloured according to its association  *  .

Try it out ,  then use a more complex square ;

image.png.b372fdb2283c2c512d79e3174a5de6c9.png

( yes,   that  Ben Franklin, he could pen these off 'automatically' )

It relates to Mercury and after you finish drawing a line from 1 to 64 (and back to 1 again ) you will see an image of  Gemini (which is ruled by Mercury )

A more finished product, rotated at 90 degrees on itself  ;

image.png.0fc8ec588217ca6bb4488d36238380a3.png

Venus :

image.png.8b91f50db792c222264ce9b99c6ad340.png

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 1

This is a new innovation.   The book referenced above is about making planetary and spirits sigils . They look different

image.png.e51daeacefa40233d46cc73e999cb3f0.png

image.png.4f103090a80e58b5356313c25060480d.png

There is also the more 'chaotic ' approach ;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Austin_Osman_Spare

image.thumb.png.de4503610b08f2d75afcaab7b7c058ca.png

Charging the sigil ?    In the first  styles,  (basically a Golden Dawn method ) one would trace over the drawn lines with a magical tool, projecting a 'magical force' into the line.  But you need to learn how to do that, and the right tool to use  and it should be 'consecrated'.

The one immediately above  ) appears to be done originally in 'the magical state' 

All of that can be learnt .    And you will learn a LOT along the way .

In one of Crowley's  documents he suggests making these tools 'by thine own ingenium' - and I highly recommend that ;

even the 'magical dagger'  if you made one from scratch, you would learn so much ;   how to form a blade from metal  *   tempering, observation,  making a bone or wood handle ,  patience, perseverance ... and a whole lot of boring  other stuff  :D 

*  even here you would be working in a 'magical circle'   around you would be fire,  water ( quenching trough ), air (bellows),   earth (anvil ) .

Just to give you an indication ; do you remember those pics I put up of my goetic set up in my temple ?   Forget  that set up  - before that I had to make all that stuff and consecrate it . My magical diary shows a 3 month preparation for that one ritual.

Then there are the Enochian Tablets

image.png.a931cbbadb970fbecb0aa1013d82256e.png

That is one of four elemental tablets and there is a 5th one for 'spirit'

image.png.a45865fb50e447d660b3d50b140c11f8.png

My set took 90 hours to draw up and paint    ..... by far the most 'potent' system I have used yet . 

Sometime one learns an immense amount from the journey  itself   ;)

image.png

• Like 4

Sorry guys , for not beating on Lightseeker like most of you did .... I just assumed he wanted   to    ' hear about it ' .

image.png.9fcfe60280959dff0b590535d0518530.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Lost in Translation said:

I have no idea what you are talking about @Nungalibut it fascinates me! So much better than that ASMR video... 

I was also twiddling my ear rings when I wrote it      :)  

• Haha 1

Lemme state this outright, I am not enamoured with magic... but it has been related to me , as follows.

Objects , by virtue of their nature, can be understood to embody an influence which is undeniable. 

A flag can inspire, a knife can cut, and so forth. Humans are far more plastic, we have moods learn, emote. What one does, to charge the amulet is associate it with a particular ... flavor.. which it will retain for us despite the fickle aspect of our own personalities. So as one refers back to the talisman one continues to exert the vibes over time, that would be diluted by our inconstancy. 

There are stangely inexplicable connections which show up, and I might call them coincidence, or I might explain as subliminal suggestion,, but these events are hard to explain simply with statistics etc. 

They happen to me all the time, but theres no predictability that presents me opportunity to capital

Ize on any of it intentionally.

If you do make a talisman for yourself, I would suggest you think it out well beforehand , what you want to bring at yourself. Sticking needles in voodoo dolls , seems pretty ominous and probably would be detrimental to the maker as much as to the target. Take it for a walk among the trees, under the moon, to the ocean ... see what is suggested about the vibes you want coming at and out from you. And for heavens sake, be sincere and listen to tje little voice you often may dismiss. 

Good luck. :)

• Like 2