Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Stewart said:

no

Most people who watch the video just assume it must be a hoax.  It sounded to me like what you were looking for, a real sage and a real teaching that wasn't newage horse hockey.  All I can say is all skeptics that pursue it cannot deny their own direct observations.

https://vimeo.com/269359104

Jim McMillan and Kostas Dervenis were two Western students. Jim was the top Western student. Jim progressed faster than most of the Indonesian students. John no longer teaches, but we still preserve what Jim and Kostas brought back to us. People like to post links to instructions that have had all the main points of practice removed from them, be wary.

Edited by Ilovecoffee

49 minutes ago, Ilovecoffee said:

Most people who watch the video just assume it must be a hoax.  It sounded to me like what you were looking for, a real sage and a real teaching that wasn't newage horse hockey.  All I can say is all skeptics that pursue it cannot deny their own direct observations.

https://vimeo.com/269359104

Note: 

There is no access to the real teacher. The real teacher no longer teaches.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Ilovecoffee said:

Jim was the top Western student. Jim progressed faster than most of the Indonesian students. John no longer teaches, but we still preserserve what Jim ... brought back to us.

Professional analysis of the state of Mo Pai in the West, and you can see that Jim has some major flaws in his method.  If he's one of the best they've got then that's another big red flag

Edited by Starjumper
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 6/3/2018 at 2:32 AM, Mudfoot said:

Wrong animal. 

It's horse, not bull. There are just some common denominators. 

Actually it's horse shit piled on top of bullshit, a rare occurrence.  They are referring to energy vampirism as a way of cultivating energy.  The idea is to have many lovers (healthy young females are required, of course) and to take energy from them in order to increase their own energy.  This is accepted in the Southern school but rejected as being unethical by the Northern school.  

Southern school:  "I mean, they are just going to waste their life energy anyway, so they might as well give it to ME so I can become an immortal" (they probably also believe that when they go to heaven they'll get 72 high breasted virgins).

Of course the ethical way would be to not cheat and to be granted permission by the healthy young ladies to take her energy, but ...

For one thing there are hardly any healthy young ladies any more, and whoever wrote the book in question is just a plain old pig.  I also suspect that they are NOT in a long lineage of celestial immortals.  Lots of lies, fits well in the modern world.

Edited by Starjumper

3 hours ago, Starjumper said:

They are referring to energy vampirism as a way of cultivating energy.  The idea is to have many lovers (healthy young females are required, of course) and to take energy from them in order to increase their own energy.

Actually it's just more perverted  idiocy, because if they knew anything they could take people's life energy without touching them.

On 5/12/2018 at 6:01 PM, Marblehead said:

Perhaps you first need to empty your cup?

Hi Dada-da,

TGIF - a great weekend.

- LimA

• Like 2

On 11/05/2018 at 9:46 PM, Stewart said:

I’m about ready to throw in the towel on the Tao.  

Perhaps you are sick of people using Taoist philosophy to explain away things and not engage in life.

As fools listen to Taoist or Buddhist philosophy, they translate it into their coarse unintelligence.  And then it becomes an empty meal.   One reason they do this is because they refuse to practice and refuse to change.   They are in fact not interested at all.

Giving up on such people is a sign of health.

Light leads to Light, and is quite rare.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rideforever said:

As fools listen to Taoist or Buddhist philosophy, they translate it into their coarse unintelligence.  And then it becomes an empty meal.

Hi rideforever,

The issue is not in the two philosophies,

But from the translation to the practice.

An empty meal isn't full,

It is a concoct by a fool.

Giving up on these people is healthy.

Light leads to Light -  natural to a T?

- LimA

• Like 2

Okay, I'm done.  I am out of here.  The level of bullshit here is drowning me.  Ya'll need a check up from the neck up, as Kinky Friedman used to say.  Anyway I shall run naked and screaming into that good night. Good day.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Stewart said:

Okay, I'm done.  I am out of here.  The level of bullshit here is drowning me.  Ya'll need a check up from the neck up, as Kinky Friedman used to say.  Anyway I shall run naked and screaming into that good night. Good day.

Just use the ignore list to clear away the bullshit, and you will be OK. 

19 minutes ago, Stewart said:

I feel you man 110%

1 hour ago, Ilovecoffee said:

I feel you man 110%

Where did you get that extra 10%?  I would like to buy some.

5 minutes ago, Marblehead said:

Trolls give it away free no need to buy anything.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Stewart said:

But were you entertained? 😁

• Like 1

On 9/21/2018 at 11:54 AM, Marblehead said:

"Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment" - Rumi 13th century Persian poet.

• Like 2

Rumi!  What a treasure his words have been in my life...

Some time ago I traded certainty for wonder.  Hard answers for living, fluid, ongoing questions.  And rigid life rules and expectations for simple presence.  The result is a stunning unfoldingness of simplicity, love and bliss.

Rather ironically, it seems most of my seeking was the very thing preventing me from realizing I already was, what I was seeking.

• Like 3