6 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

The Street Fighter 2 Animated Movie is a totally different experience after having watched it first in the English dub with the hard rock soundtrack to the original Japanese and music.

For the japanese purists and in 1080p...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, once.yin.once.yang said:

Probably they try censure us

A couple of your posts have been hidden on the forums because you have posted it in threads where it misses the mark for being on topic. Your posts in this thread are intact.

If you'd like to promote infidelity as as means to immortality that is your prerogative, but please be advised that spamming the forum with the same link is not advisable if you'd like to maintain your membership.

TTC Chapter 12 tell us of the outcome of our caving to over indulge and what we should strive for instead.

Colors blind the eye.
Sounds deafen the ear.
Flavors numb the taste.
Thoughts weaken the mind.
Desires wither the heart.

The Master observes the world
but trusts his inner vision.
He allows things to come and go.
His heart is open as the sky.

http://taoteching.org.uk/chapter12.html

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Kar3n said:

A couple of your posts have been hidden on the forums because you have posted it in threads where it misses the mark for being on topic. Your posts in this thread are intact.

If you'd like to promote infidelity as as means to immortality that is your prerogative, but please be advised that spamming the forum with the same link is not advisable if you'd like to maintain your membership.

TTC Chapter 12 tell us of the outcome of our caving to over indulge and what we should strive for instead.

http://taoteching.org.uk/chapter12.html

Karen, I can't state how much I love your response with that amazingly appropriate chapter referenced. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I have been walking this way for 30 plus years. I can still go to DDJ 1 to be inspired and to appreciate how much I do not know, which may be one the most significant things to achieve.
I wander off the path due to my own "coming late". I am now a stupid old fool who just done that yet gain. But I come again and find this way is still the same and there is no yea or nay, an emptiness that is endlessy full. I get kindly chided for "coming late" and things go on as before, embraced and embracing. I wonder when I will get tardy again?

"Coming late" is a phrase one encounters in the Yi Jing. It is not being present. Not being present for a moment or for a year or two means I do not see or hear what's actually going on. It was still actually going on.

You try to find "Sages" of a way that declares that  naming or describing is some other way but not this one, as if painted in big letters over the first "door" people often come through to it. Try not to be foolish. But even in your foolishness (and mine) , even if you flee, if you have come near, it may yet come again and surprise. Don't ask me how whatever "it" is does "it". I can't seem to get away from it, no matter how a hard I try to be not present. Even in my "not presentness", like a playful cat I find it whacking at the trouser cuff of my left leg when I thought it  was outside.

May I recommend the book "Dao De Jing - A Philosophical Translation" by a couple of old fool honkey professors of philosophy departments. The DDJ was first written in Chinese characters, you may need to know furher how that can be a many nuanced way of communicating. It may also help you appreciate the life enhancing richness on DDJ if truly wished to be helped at the present time - to try and be more present. To this end may I suggest more respectful dialogue with your many correspondents, not for their sake, or the Dao's, but for yours. But if you do not wish too, so be it, we will all enjoy yapping with each other around the fire.  

The Dao is in all things , without exception.

Edited by Anzhi
  • Like 5

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Stewart said:

no

Most people who watch the video just assume it must be a hoax.  It sounded to me like what you were looking for, a real sage and a real teaching that wasn't newage horse hockey.  All I can say is all skeptics that pursue it cannot deny their own direct observations.

https://vimeo.com/269359104

Jim McMillan and Kostas Dervenis were two Western students. Jim was the top Western student. Jim progressed faster than most of the Indonesian students. John no longer teaches, but we still preserve what Jim and Kostas brought back to us. People like to post links to instructions that have had all the main points of practice removed from them, be wary.

Edited by Ilovecoffee

49 minutes ago, Ilovecoffee said:

Most people who watch the video just assume it must be a hoax.  It sounded to me like what you were looking for, a real sage and a real teaching that wasn't newage horse hockey.  All I can say is all skeptics that pursue it cannot deny their own direct observations.

https://vimeo.com/269359104

Note: 

There is no access to the real teacher. The real teacher no longer teaches.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Ilovecoffee said:

Jim was the top Western student. Jim progressed faster than most of the Indonesian students. John no longer teaches, but we still preserserve what Jim ... brought back to us.

Professional analysis of the state of Mo Pai in the West, and you can see that Jim has some major flaws in his method.  If he's one of the best they've got then that's another big red flag

Edited by Starjumper
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 6/3/2018 at 2:32 AM, Mudfoot said:

Wrong animal. 

It's horse, not bull. There are just some common denominators. 

Actually it's horse shit piled on top of bullshit, a rare occurrence.  They are referring to energy vampirism as a way of cultivating energy.  The idea is to have many lovers (healthy young females are required, of course) and to take energy from them in order to increase their own energy.  This is accepted in the Southern school but rejected as being unethical by the Northern school.  

Southern school:  "I mean, they are just going to waste their life energy anyway, so they might as well give it to ME so I can become an immortal" (they probably also believe that when they go to heaven they'll get 72 high breasted virgins).

Of course the ethical way would be to not cheat and to be granted permission by the healthy young ladies to take her energy, but ...

For one thing there are hardly any healthy young ladies any more, and whoever wrote the book in question is just a plain old pig.  I also suspect that they are NOT in a long lineage of celestial immortals.  Lots of lies, fits well in the modern world.

Edited by Starjumper

3 hours ago, Starjumper said:

They are referring to energy vampirism as a way of cultivating energy.  The idea is to have many lovers (healthy young females are required, of course) and to take energy from them in order to increase their own energy.

Actually it's just more perverted  idiocy, because if they knew anything they could take people's life energy without touching them.