blackfence

The HOW and WHY of it all

20 minutes ago, Marblehead said:

But then, I never have had a good imagination.  I can't even imagine an imaginary number.

Can you imagine a point in the plane being determined by two numbers x and y: one (x) for the horizontal position and one (y) for the vertical position?

OK, lets get past this not being able to reach the speed of light with a material object but look at the original intent of the notion that started it on this thread.  If a space ship reaches 90% of the speed of light and then they measure two beams of light, the speed of light reaching them from the rear or from the front will have the same speed.  Because for some reason it depends on the observer, it's as if the observer is standing still.

Now if two space ships were traveling in opposite directions away from Earth at 90% the speed of light will they be able to see each other?  I forgot the answer to that one but I think it is yes.

There is something much more interesting about time that is more mind blowing, but it's only mind blowing if you or someone you know has premonitions.  I mean real premonitions, where you know that something is going to happen ahead of time and then it does happen according to detail.  I'm not talking about someone who arrives at a possible future scenario through reasoning, it's like you see  or feel that something specific is going to happen and then later it does.

If time was linear then this would not be possible.

I won't share my own experiences but one I heard.  A kung fu brother of mine was in a small group who were students of some woman master of some (I think) Buddhist sect. and they were traveling around the country and camping out.  One night she suddenly told everyone to move their tents from where they were with great urgency and they did.  A couple of minutes later a car went off the mountain highway highway above them and crashed into the spot where the tents had been.

< thread drift >

She also did another thing that was interesting.  At one point when they were all sitting together in a group she told my buddy "You really want to hit me with that stick, don't you?".  After the first denial she told him to go get that stick and hit her with it, so he did.  He got the stick and approached here and as he got closer he found it more and more difficult to advance, like in a dream where you are trying to run but you can only manage it in slow motion.  He got a few feet closer to her and had to resort to crawling on all fours to try to advance, and then he simply was not able to go forward any more.

Once this lady's teacher came to visit and my buddy was sitting in a tent with him and he asked him if was hungry, when he got a yes answer he just made an simple opening motion with his hands and a nice hot meal appeared in front of them, a real food meal.

This is one way to tell if you have found a real teacher and not a charlatan, except the thing is they don't show you this stuff until you already are a dedicated student.

< thread drift />

Edited by Starjumper
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Starjumper said:

Now if two space ships were traveling in opposite directions away from Earth at 90% the speed of light will they be able to see each other?  I forgot the answer to that one but I think it is yes.

It is. The laws of (special) relativity are such that material objects will appear to move at speeds less than that of light for all observers. So the guys in one space ships will consider the other space ship to be moving at a speed less than that of light. And consequently they will be able to see each other (of course when the earth doesn't obstruct their view and with a certain delay because of the distance between the spaceships). 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Starjumper said:

There is something much more interesting about time that is more mind blowing, but it's only mind blowing if you or someone you know has premonitions.  I mean real premonitions, where you know that something is going to happen ahead of time and then it does happen according to detail.  I'm not talking about someone who arrives at a possible future scenario through reasoning, it's like you see  or feel that something specific is going to happen and then later it does.

If time was linear then this would not be possible.

I'm familiar with premonitions but I think you can't rule out the possibility of time being linear. I understand why you say it but you have a premonition of what is yet to happen - it hasn't happened yet even if you foresaw it.

22 minutes ago, Starjumper said:

She also did another thing that was interesting.  At one point when they were all sitting together in a group she told my buddy "You really want to hit me with that stick, don't you?".  After the first denial she told him to go get that stick and hit her with it, so he did.  He got the stick and approached here and as he got closer he found it more and more difficult to advance, like in a dream where you are trying to run but you can only manage it in slow motion.  He got a few feet closer to her and had to resort to crawling on all fours to try to advance, and then he simply was not able to go forward any more.

That's serious Jedi stuff right there, some sort of Genjutsu. :)

So did George Lucas had any connection with that Buddhist sect?

• Like 1

There is one more strange thing about the two space ships: the guys in both space ships will consider the clocks in the other space ship to be ticking slower than their own. This is connected to the infamous twin paradox.

Edited by wandelaar

41 minutes ago, KuroShiro said:

I'm familiar with premonitions but I think you can't rule out the possibility of time being linear. I understand why you say it but you have a premonition of what is yet to happen - it hasn't happened yet even if you foresaw it.

OK, I think using the term linear was wrong, but to experience a true premonition means that we saw the future, and how can that be if there is not some component of time flowing backwards.  I mean, we saw something that 'happened' in the future and if time only flowed one way then that should be impossible.

I'm satisfied with calling it, as Lao Tzu put it, "seeing the mystery" which is tons of fun in it's own right.

... and sometimes it is a real life saver.

That's serious Jedi stuff right there, some sort of Genjutsu. :)

So did George Lucas had any connection with that Buddhist sect?

He appears to have been well versed in what masters of the Far East are capable of.

Edited by Starjumper
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Marblehead said:

I can't even imagine an imaginary number.

Speaking of imaginary numbers,

PY0gbhH.jpg

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, ilumairen said:

And why not recognize it as a perpetual question? :)

The song that never ends!

• Like 1

On 4/24/2018 at 11:23 AM, blackfence said:

Who invented "sound," for example... not a particular sound, but sound itself?

Sound is "Vibration".

Vibration is an interaction of "Polarity".

Polarity is YinYang - "Two" poles.

Two arise from "One".

One arises from "Nothing".

The ONLY way "nothing" can change is to become "Something".

Some thing always has Polarity - an existence/nonexistence, up/down, left/right, etc.

Polarity is the reason for action - the Movement between poles of any Polarity.

This is YinYang - Polarity, and "Qi" - movement between the poles of any Polarity.

That is how Sound is happening.

-VonKrankenhaus

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Starjumper said:

OK, I think using the term linear was wrong, but to experience a true premonition means that we saw the future, and how can that be if there is not some component of time flowing backwards.  I mean, we saw something that 'happened' in the future and if time only flowed one way then that should be impossible.

Perhaps it's possible it's not some component of time flowing backwards but the premonition "action" going forward to meet future time.

So we would see something that would indeed happen in the future but had not yet happened in present time. Time would flow like a stream but for a moment you went further along that stream and then returned back.

57 minutes ago, vonkrankenhaus said:

Sound is "Vibration".

Vibration is an interaction of "Polarity".

Polarity is YinYang - "Two" poles.

Two arise from "One".

One arises from "Nothing".

One arises from Nothing that is nothing or Nothing that is not nothing?

If One arises from Nothing that is nothing and Nothing change to become Something does this mean Something/something was involved in changing nothing?

Beautiful, thank you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KuroShiro said:

So we would see something that would indeed happen in the future but had not yet happened in present time. Time would flow like a stream but for a moment you went further along that stream and then returned back.

I suggest that "Time" does not move. 

Like the way a single coin is not moving at all to have "Head" and "Tail".

-VonKrankenhaus

31 minutes ago, vonkrankenhaus said:

Yes the possibilities are endless. Can you please elaborate?

33 minutes ago, vonkrankenhaus said:

-VonKrankenhaus

Time is a measure of movement.  Measurement values are arbitrary.    

On 25/04/2018 at 10:16 AM, blackfence said:

I'm not familiar with her... I see that she's the Egyptian goddess of order... does she have something to do with paradox, too?

Its a concept that we get our notions of law and order ; not from ourselves but some type of 'cosmic constant '  ... sort of , in line with the   musings in the opening post.

Also as far as a 'cosmic workshop' concept goes  ;  they have one of  those too ;

khnum-potters-wheel.jpg

Khnum forming man out of clay on the potters wheel.

As far as the 'sound workshop' goes - in this context -    the word  HU  -  made by Atum as  the first sound during orgasm , during his mastabatory  creation of the Ennead .

So to answer your question about who invented sound   .... ' Atum' .

This is 'the workshop outside of mind and time and space ' .... if you believe in that scenario . 

19 hours ago, KuroShiro said:

Can you please elaborate?

Imagine a "time line".

It is a line going from, let's say, "points" that we call A, B, and C.

In such a "time" line, we go from A to B to C and we see a "progression" of time.

But if we stand in the center of a circle with points A, B, and C spread out along the periphery in just the same way as we put them on the line, all points are equal distance, and the "timeline" is gone.

Our awareness is like the center of the circle.

We have been told we are going in linear fashion.

But in nature, no line is straight, and when magnified, like a coastline, we see that there is much information that must be discarded before we can imagine a "straight" path there.

So, "Time" is a concocted way of tossing out information.

Like "civilization" itself is.

-VonKrankenhaus

• Like 1

Descriptions wont "elucidate" this, unfortunately.

However I am very much enjoying the attempts by those who have gone before.

23 hours ago, vonkrankenhaus said:

Imagine a "time line".

It is a line going from, let's say, "points" that we call A, B, and C.

In such a "time" line, we go from A to B to C and we see a "progression" of time.

But if we stand in the center of a circle with points A, B, and C spread out along the periphery in just the same way as we put them on the line, all points are equal distance, and the "timeline" is gone.

Our awareness is like the center of the circle.

I like this description. Is this something you have experienced? I ask because the human experience of time is linear and if you have experienced time-as-one, even if only briefly, then that is something worth reading about.

1 hour ago, Lost in Translation said:

Is this something you have experienced?

Everyone does.

I was a professional psychic for a time, so I've actually done preliterate nonlinear synchronistic awareness "for a living".

-VonKrankenhaus