amoyaan

Dantiens and Chakras - the same or different?

2 hours ago, windwalker said:

I still hold that one should have a firm grasp of what ever practice they follow before comparing with other practices.

Hi windwalker,

Very true and thank you.

- LimA

2 hours ago, Sramana said:

I offer no opinion here. I do, however, offer up some personal experiences for your analysis.  I have generated enough heat by moving energy through my chakras to physically burn flesh.  I cannot do this with Dan Tien focus.  I can, however, go into a deep meditative state that will greatly reduce my heart rate and respiration with a Dan Tien focus.  I can not create that deep of a state through my chakras.

Rest your mind on instead of “focus” on your heart chakra and see what happens :)

12 hours ago, windwalker said:

I still hold that one should have a firm grasp of what ever practice they follow before comparing with other practices..

And doing research beyond a quick Google is also a great thing, especially since neither the Chinese or the indo-tibetan tradition are homogenous in how they do things. 

If you look hard enough, you will Always find a handful of (unrelated?) traditions that share whatever viewpoint. And Yin is more than Earth. 

Although, as you say, that only matters if you have a firm grasp of a practice where this matters. And after that, comparison becomes interesting.

On 2/3/2018 at 7:05 AM, dwai said:

,       ,

,       ,

Edited by Sramana
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Sramana said:

anāhata śabda

Stay with that sound and go deeper 

12 hours ago, Sramana said:

I have generated enough heat by moving energy through my chakras to physically burn flesh.

What does this mean "to  physically burn flesh"  who's flesh,  how was the "energy" moved 

with out damaging  the system that moved it and yet still having an effect on the

"the soft substance consisting of muscle and fat that is found between the skin and bones of a human or an animal"

ie  "flesh" 

was this an objective or subjective observation

I think it would be openminded to ask.. what colors the dantiens are..?

Because the chakras are colorful.. which lends meaning to their mystical existence..

I keep seeing the dantiens as a bit of grey(chi source energy) mixed with black.. which is a void

But since asking.. I now could imagine green might be one of the colors of a dantien

an article covering some of the questions 

IHC_ThreeDT.jpghttp://www.ichikung.com/html/dantians.php

"Although the chakra systems are more significant in the Buddhist and Yogic traditions, both of these spiritual disciplines commonly refer to the Three Dantians areas in their energetic practice. According to ancient Buddhist and Yogic traditions, these three areas contain the three psychic knots or "Granthi" where an individual's energy and spiritual consciousness interact and manifest in particular ways."

Some might find the information useful...

• Like 1

completely agree not something that should be attempted with out guidance.

1394890134-3-o.jpg?resize=700%2C452 

"In 1981, Harvard Medical School researcher Herbert Benson traveled to Tibet to meet with three Buddhist monks expertly trained in a form of yoga named g-tummo, a practice that is popularly associated with the ability to warm your body temperature through concentration. His academic interest in the practice lies in his research focus on “mind body medicine”, described in his official biography:https://www.snopes.com/harvard-study-confirms-tibetan-monks-can-raise-body-temperature-with-their-minds/

"Since meditative practices are associated with changes that are consistent with decreased activity of the sympathetic nervous system1–7, it is conceivable that measurable body temperature changes accompany advanced meditative states. With the help of H.H. the Dalai Lama, we have investigated such a possibility on three practitioners of the advanced Tibetan Buddhist meditational practice known as g Tum-mo (heat) yoga living in Upper Dharamsala, India. We report here that in a study performed there in February 1981, we found that these subjects exhibited the capacity to increase the temperature of their fingers and toes by as much as 8.3°C."https://www.nature.com/articles/295234a0

Edited by windwalker

14 hours ago, windwalker said:

an article covering some of the questions 

IHC_ThreeDT.jpghttp://www.ichikung.com/html/dantians.php

"Although the chakra systems are more significant in the Buddhist and Yogic traditions, both of these spiritual disciplines commonly refer to the Three Dantians areas in their energetic practice. According to ancient Buddhist and Yogic traditions, these three areas contain the three psychic knots or "Granthi" where an individual's energy and spiritual consciousness interact and manifest in particular ways."

Some might find the information useful...

That's Jerry Allan Johnson (JAJ) ...  his Medical Qigong program that I was in, before.   

it is useful but it is local mind/body stuff.   Even once they are felt as connected, then what is the next connection...  many transformations to come...

• Like 1

Another perspective claiming that the chakra model is quite arbitrary...while the dantian model is more naturally inherent:

1- The Chakra system is an imposed system that is NOT our natural state. It is a system to compartmentalize our energy for easy access to outsiders and energy vampires. This system has been in place for several Millennia and no one seems to question it, they have just (as I previously did) accepted it…(especially in the New Age Community.)

2- The chakras or "Cones" were placed there so that specific energies could be accessed. This easy access is ideal to control and manipulate our energy fields and minds. They were put there by ET's that view us as their personal energy source and property.

3- Our original state was to have energy that emits from our "Core" or Sun/Star in the Chest / Solar-Plexus area. Each individual has a slightly different wiring system that runs their energy which is custom designed to them. Personally, I have a triple helix energy system that runs up and down the center of my body and gets its source from the "Star/Sun" in the center. This triple helix has all the colors and more. When I need a certain energy, instead of accessing one isolated "chakra" energy like the heart or throat, it accesses them all and puts the appropriate balance of energies into what ever is needed (ie throat or voice energy) to handle what is required. This is a much more efficient and synergistic approach to accessing and moving energy. I have only been researching this for 2 months but I have not seen anyone else that had this triple helix so it might be unique to me. Most of the other FW-Indigo Knights that I have scanned have the intense Sun/Star light in their core and it emanates slightly differently than everyone else, like a snow flake. Sometimes the energy can pulse, sometimes it can spiral, sometimes it blasts, it just depends on what is needed or what is requested of it.

NOTE! -The Core/Heart-Sun/Star is the Center of a Triad…it is the Authentic Trinity! It has 2 counterparts: The Head = Brain/Pineal/Hypothalamus at one end, and The Loins = Creative Power Energy Centers on the other end. These three control centers, if working in harmony, without interference, can direct you into Super Consciousness! ...And THIS my friend, is a huge threat to the tyrannical overlords control program here in Dysfunction-Junction!

4- Our Core or Sun/Star is where our Higher Selves reside…and therefore the statement "God is inside of us, God is within" is literally true. Searching for a God outside of yourself will cause serious challenges. For instance; when you go to a new age meditation class, one of the first things they teach you is to "open your crown and bring the white or golden light down through your body, lighting up each chakra, and then ground into the earth. This may feel good momentarily, but think about what it is that you just did. If your "God" is inside of you, and you bring an "outside energy source" into your body and bypass your own "God" and ignore what was there to begin with……… continue to ignore it and bring in outside energy sources to take its place, what is it going to do? Well, remember the old "use it or lose it" philosophy? Yes, the "Core or God Sun/Star" will start to go dormant and just sit there until you decide to take your will back and use it again. Which energy would you rather be operating from and have command of, your own personal custom designed Authentic Source …or bring in some nebulous energy that could be infiltrated and run that through your body and all your electromagnetic systems?

CoreStarMan.jpg

Edited by gendao

On 05/02/2018 at 10:42 AM, dawei said:

That's Jerry Allan Johnson (JAJ) ...  his Medical Qigong program that I was in, before.   

it is useful but it is local mind/body stuff.   Even once they are felt as connected, then what is the next connection...  many transformations to come...

The dantians are in the body though, there are no beyond body dantians. Shen is transformed into wuji in the upper dantian within the body. So unless you just jump straight to wuji, the local body dantians are a necessary process. 

11 minutes ago, Bindi said:

The dantians are in the body though, there are no beyond body dantians. Shen is transformed into wuji in the upper dantian within the body. So unless you just jump straight to wuji, the local body dantians are a necessary process. 

You've been through the process?

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, windwalker said:

You've been through the process?

No, but my experience so far persuades me that this perspective on the dantians is valid. 

Hi. I stumbled upon this old thread, and I would like contributing with my two cents on this subject, which perplexed me for a time, explaining my current view of chakras and dantiens, that partially overlaps with these concepts, but is based on my own experience only.

IMHO, chakras and dantiens are descriptions of the same system, but at different levels of detail. To complicate things, when I read about chakras, the descriptions often mix two different levels of detail. As I perceive them, chakras are not single points, but constellations of eight peripheral points, with a ninth point in the middle. So the basic elements, IME, are these peripheral points, that appear in line and connected vertically along the spine, in the front, and also along two lateral lines and four extra vertical lines in between. Horizontal lines connect these groups of 8 + 1 points, or nodes, at different horizontal levels, that roughly correlate with the levels where the chakras are supposed to be.

These nodes work cooperatively, so firing a node helps and boosts the firing of neighbor nodes. By firing I mean inducing a feeling very similar to the familiar orgasm in ordinary life. And like ordinary orgasms, they are not something just imagined, these feelings are very real.

When eight peripheral nodes are fired, they induce a strong and different feeling in the central node. The exception (up to certain point) are the nodes located at the root and crown, which seem to fire spontaneously, but I later discovered that their “brightness” hides the activity of other nodes in its close vicinity.

So these constellations of 8+1 nodes would fit in the scheme of chakras, that would make the second level of detail. Only that I perceive not seven, but nine chakras, which correlate with the usual picture but with two “manipuras”, one below the navel and the other at the level of the diaphragm, and another extra chakra between vishuddi and ajna, with its central node just behind the soft palate.

When adjacent levels, or chakras, work together, they induce a general feeling of periphery vs. core, so the end feeling is that of a “radiant” periphery and an “absorbing” core. Feeling propagates in the periphery as fire in a forest, while feelings in the core seem to coalesce as bubbles in old lava lamps. This would make the third level of detail, with a clear distinction between “LDT” from root to diaphragm; “MDT” from diaphragm to neck, and “UDT” from neck to crown. These areas, when activated, have to do with what could be called “emotional feelings” i.e. Lust, Love and Joy, and things become more complicated. This would be the third level of detail, but eventually the three DTs merge into one single core and one single periphery.

This is just the description of what I perceive inside, but of course is not a prescription of what others might experience.

Cheers 

• Thanks 1