Taomeow

What happened to the Matriarchal Cultures

13 minutes ago, windwalker said:

And I highly suggest if you dont like people questioning what you write t might not be a good idea to post it.

You do write a lot but dont say much....

You could have explained yourself a little better,

but it seems like you do like your writing....have at it...

You did not question what I wrote. You presumed and made ridiculous conclusions and then failed to engage then the responsibility solely on me for communicating ideas when this is a forum for dialogue between and with people, not for your own entertainment. 

Have a good day, sir, for I have spoken my piece and have been thoroughly bored by your remarks, especially since it is highly likely you are not here to engage, but to present yourself as a sophisticated contrarian who fails spectacularly at doing so and only elicits the common and rational response to disengage entirely from such unfruitful labor. And what labor it is, for to talk sense to a fool is to be called foolish by that fool, says Sophocles. 

I shall take my leave now, for this thread is on matriarchal cultures and none of what you seek to scrutinize contributes to this thread in an enlightening or respectful manner.  

"Barba non facit philosophum" - a beard does not make one a philosopher. 

Edited by Earl Grey
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Earl Grey said:

Have a good day, sir, for I have spoken my piece and have been thoroughly bored by your remarks, especially since it is highly likely you are not here to engage, but to present yourself as a sophisticated contrarian who fails spectacularly at doing so and only elicits the common and rational response to disengage entirely from such unfruitful labor. And what labor it is, for to talk sense to a fool is to be called foolish by that fool, says Sophocles. 

Not going to answer my question,,are you...expected...Instead of quoting others

you'd be better served by just saying whats on your mind.  

my days are always good,,,,says me 

later  

--- Moderation message ---

Guys, guys, guys,

Please can we remember to avoid ad hominem attacks and name calling.  It's against the rules here and could result in suspension or even banning.  Hot topics are good, nothing wrong with disagreeing, nothing wrong with critiquing ideas - but please don't attack the other person for posting them.  After all if everyone agreed all the time we'd have little to talk about.

Thanks.

--- The End ---

• Like 2

My answer was posted in response to your prior unedited reply and so your question was not answered initially.

The men were content because most did not know better and had never known life outside of their small village for generations while the women who had encountered volunteers for brief periods were the ones who actively wanted change since they were the ones who wished to provide better lives and futures as they often were in the managerial roles of the family while the men took the decision making roles.

One must understand the formal and informal organization in cultures outside his or her own often do not align with their own experiences and expectations. 

Read “Cultures and Organizations: The Software of the Mind” by Geert Hofstede.

22 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

One must understand the formal and informal organization in cultures outside his or her own often do not align with their own experiences and expectations. 

Read “Cultures and Organizations: The Software of the Mind” by Geert Hofstede.

I come from a multicultural family, lived most of my life outside of the US culture, now living in within a culture I've adopted from early on in life,,,"it fits"   Thanks for the book recommendation,  I think I'll pass.   I don't expect other cultures to align with my expectations having the life experience that allows me to do so. 

Women often are the ones who benefit the most from the adoption of what what some call western culture outside of their own traditional culture whether this is a good thing or not remains to be seen.    

"the women who had encountered volunteers for brief periods were the ones who actively wanted change since they were the ones who wished to provide better lives and futures as they often were in the managerial roles of the family while the men took the decision making roles."

quite common,  which a video clip I posted outlined some rational as to why this is so....not going to repost it....its in the thread for those interested.  

8 hours ago, Earl Grey said:

I recommended 'Elements of Style' and a few other books to windwalker in another thread. I doubt he will consider your critique and recommendations. Most unfortunate!

Edited by ralis
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, ralis said:

I recommended 'Elements of Style' and a few other books to windwalker in another thread. I doubt he will consider your critique and recommendations. Most unfortunate!

Good book recommendations are in my view a gift in of themselves, not because of new titles to consider, but because they give you insight on the person who enjoys those titles. 

The websites we consume are also what influence us. Everyday Feminism and Art of Manliness are among my daily reads. 

Old saying my family on the Chinese side reminded me of: trouble comes from the mouth and through the mouth, from what we say and eat, and what we eat is what we read, what cuisine we devour, music we listen to, and people we engage with, and I am a lot happier on this site more often than not compared to years ago on social media because of the openness and challenging ideas such as this thread on matriarchal cultures. 

Back on topic:

Can't remember, but there was an old Balinese cultural group (or a few) I learned about in my university class with photos of how the warriors were women and leader was also female, because they believed that "the men were just not as trustworthy as warriors and women were just better fighters" in that particular group. Imagine the raised eyebrows as the professor talked about that.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Earl Grey said:

as warriors and women were just better fighters" in that particular group.

Did they mention who they fought against ?

1 hour ago, windwalker said:

Did they mention who they fought against ?

It’s been 12 years since I was in that class, so I do not remember if it was brought up, but if you want the information of my professor I will post it here for you to contact him. Just say so and you can email him to ask.

Edited by Earl Grey

4 hours ago, Earl Grey said:

It’s been 12 years since I was in that class but if you want the information of my professor I will post it here for you to contact him. Just say so and you can email him to ask.

no need.  I found it kind of odd that some would talk about women being better warriors then men,,,just wondered who they fought against for their group to reach the conclusions stated.   

Edited by windwalker

some links for those are interested,

would that fighting would end, but if there's need to fight, both women and men seem to be equipped for that, both in history and right now.

https://www.newyorker.com/books/joshua-rothman/real-amazons

https://koryu.com/library/wwj1.html

http://topbestreporter.com/most-powerful-and-badasses-women-warriors-of-ancient-history/

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor ukrainian women soldiers

yoou'd better beware of women, they're decidedly  not the harmless children some males seem to think they are.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, blue eyed snake said:

some links for those are interested,

would that fighting would end, but if there's need to fight, both women and men seem to be equipped for that, both in history and right now.

https://www.newyorker.com/books/joshua-rothman/real-amazons

https://koryu.com/library/wwj1.html

http://topbestreporter.com/most-powerful-and-badasses-women-warriors-of-ancient-history/

yoou'd better beware of women, they're decidedly  not the harmless children some males seem to think they are.

I never understood why people talk about Warriors and fighting when in most athletic sports the Sexes are separated.

Having served in the military for 20 years there are no studies past present or current that would confirm women warriors as being a viable fighting force against their male counterparts.

All show the opposite... 

There are a host of injuries due to their physical makeup that do and can happen to them that technology for the most part cannot mitigate.

This is not to say they do not serve with  distinction and honor in other than Frontline roles of combat forces.

Edited by windwalker

1 hour ago, blue eyed snake said:

Well some find out the hard way what it means

“I’ve fought a lot of women and have never felt the strength that I felt in a fight as I did that night. I can’t answer whether it’s because [he] was born a man or not, because I’m not a doctor,” she stated. “I can only say, I’ve never felt so overpowered ever in my life, and I am an abnormally strong female in my own right. ”

His “grip was different,” she added. “I could usually move around in the clinch against...females but couldn’t move at all in Fox’s clinch.”https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/transgender-female-boxer-gives-female-opponent-concussion-breaks-her-eye-so

I guess there's no Amazons around to set the record straight.

“He was born a man, and he is a man, even though he calls himself a transsexual”, said Costa. “It’s absurd cowardice, not only by him, but also by the promoters of any event that has accepted this kind of absurdity. He has simply annihilated the girls who have fought against him. They were slaughtered, they put their lives at risk, they put their physical integrity at risk”.

https://www.mmamania.com/2018/1/12/16882832/paulo-costa-offers-to-beat-up-transgender-fighter-fallon-fox-for-free-ufc-mma

An interesting side note.  some of Links I had supporting the studies are  no longer found,,,looks like google strikes again...

This one seems to work  

“History shows that the presence of women has had a devastating impact on the effectiveness of men in battle,” wrote John Luddy in July 27, 1994, for the Heritage Foundation backgrounder.

“For example, it is a common misperception that Israel allows women in combat units. In fact, women have been barred from combat in Israel since 1950, when a review of the 1948 Arab-Israeli War showed how harmful their presence could be. The study revealed that men tried to protect and assist women rather than continue their attack. As a result, they not only put their own lives in greater danger, but also jeopardized the survival of the entire unit. The study further revealed that unit morale was damaged when men saw women killed and maimed on the battlefield,” Luddy said.

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2001/08/10269/#KsEzQjI7LEoVcorP.99

More importantly there are a lot of studies done showing that the biological differences for the most part can not be made up for.  Which is why I had asked in another post about who the woman warriors fought against. 

"to use the “Israeli experience” as an allegedly successful model for the U.S. to follow is not only absurd, it’s disingenuous. It is a lie propagated by radical feminists like ex-Democratic Rep. Patricia Schroeder who have falsely claimed that such a goal is merely an extension of “the will of the people.”

Perhaps if more lawmakers – and Americans in general – were exposed to military service, the idiots who seem to be dominating this debate wouldn’t have many sympathetic ears.

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2001/08/10269/#KsEzQjI7LEoVcorP.99

Edited by windwalker

"

British study finds female soldiers 'too weak' for land combat

1/14/2002 12:58:35 PM

Problems with Physical Capabilities and Unit Cohesion

James Clark; Electronic Daily Telegraph
London Times, 6/24/01

An extensive study ordered by British Defence Secretary Geoff Hoon has reportedly recommended that women should not be allowed to fight in the front line. Citing evidence gathered over 18 months, the "Combat Effectiveness Gender Study" concluded that females lack the strength and stamina needed to serve in the infantry, armored regiments, Royal Marines or the RAF Regiment, the Air Force’s infantry unit." http://www.dadi.org/fem2weak.htm

I'm wondering what your intent is in the thread ww... do you have a point, or are you just flexing and naysaying anything regarding women... to impress the ladies?

• Like 4

6 hours ago, windwalker said:

"

British study finds female soldiers 'too weak' for land combat

1/14/2002 12:58:35 PM

Problems with Physical Capabilities and Unit Cohesion

James Clark; Electronic Daily Telegraph
London Times, 6/24/01

An extensive study ordered by British Defence Secretary Geoff Hoon has reportedly recommended that women should not be allowed to fight in the front line. Citing evidence gathered over 18 months, the "Combat Effectiveness Gender Study" concluded that females lack the strength and stamina needed to serve in the infantry, armored regiments, Royal Marines or the RAF Regiment, the Air Force’s infantry unit." http://www.dadi.org/fem2weak.htm

either of these two would beat you like a rag doll, what are you on about?

161231165612-ronda-rousey-amanda-nunes-u

one trains hard, or one does not.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, joeblast said:

either of these two would beat you like a rag doll, what are you on about?

really?  and you, would they also beat you like a rag doll....Do you train in MA  if so how long...

In my time I worked with those who competed at those levels while never competing my self,,,didnt have the interest.  

The point was and is, that some seem to be under the mistaken impression there are no differences between men and women and that some how they are equal in all aspects....

"I'm wondering what your intent is in the thread ww... do you have a point, or are you just flexing and naysaying anything regarding women... to impress the ladies?"

My intent, what is yours and others..

Some comments regarding warriors, ect  seem to go against basic facts and studies.  

This was written by a female concerning the olympics

"Speaking as a former amateur boxer, I am all agog at the thought of a female-to-male transsexual actually qualifying for an Olympic spot. “Faster, higher, stronger” is not only the motto of the Olympics, it sums up the relationship of elite male athletes to elite female athletes. For example, Florence Griffith Joyner of the USA ran 100 meters in 10.49 seconds. Usain Bolt of Jamaica did it in 9.58 seconds.

In sports, that’s a big margin." https://www.lifesitenews.com/blogs/shame-2018-winter-olympics-allows-men-claiming-to-be-women-to-compete-again

Edited by windwalker

3 minutes ago, silent thunder said:

two warriors meet and fight

who wins?

likely, the one who is training regularly

you know this how?

1 minute ago, windwalker said:

really?  and you would they beat you like a rag doll....Do you train in MA  if so how long...

In my time I worked with those who competed at those levels while never competing my self,,,didnt have the interest.

The point was and is, that some seem to be under the mistaken impression there are no differences between men and women and that some how they are equal in all aspects....

"I'm wondering what your intent is in the thread ww... do you have a point, or are you just flexing and naysaying anything regarding women... to impress the ladies?"

My intent, what is yours and others..

Some comments regarding warriors, ect  seem to go against basic facts and studies.  

This was written by a female concerning the olympics

"Speaking as a former amateur boxer, I am all agog at the thought of a female-to-male transsexual actually qualifying for an Olympic spot. “Faster, higher, stronger” is not only the motto of the Olympics, it sums up the relationship of elite male athletes to elite female athletes. For example, Florence Griffith Joyner of the USA ran 100 meters in 10.49 seconds. Usain Bolt of Jamaica did it in 9.58 seconds.

In sports, that’s a big margin." https://www.lifesitenews.com/blogs/shame-2018-winter-olympics-allows-men-claiming-to-be-women-to-compete-again

I almost went back and edited to include myself, but didnt bother :P  I have no delusion that I would be able to defeat someone at the world class level of judo....or punching, male or female.  I'm no pushover, but I am certainly absolutely not world class trained.

I dont think anyone has asserted here that there's no difference M<>F, but your responses act as if something like that has been said.  Highlighting the importance of something doesnt necessarily detract from other contextual things, or even say that the highlighted thing is better, or equivalent, or even the same - so its like your replies have read all of that in and accounted for it, when it didnt really exist but in your perception to begin with.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, joeblast said:

Highlighting the importance of something doesnt necessarily detract from other contextual things, or even say that the highlighted thing is better, or equivalent, or even the same - so its like your replies have read all of that in and accounted for it, when it didnt really exist but in your perception to begin with.

My perception, is this part of my perception

"I learned about in my university class with photos of how the warriors were women and leader was also female, because they believed that "the men were just not as trustworthy as warriors and women were just better fighters" in that particular group. Imagine the raised eyebrows as the professor talked about that."

I just found the comment, and some others to be against most if not all studies done, which in my time in the service in some of the assignments held we had to be aware of and look into as part of the staff " Combat Development" 

1 minute ago, windwalker said:

My perception, is this part of my perception

"I learned about in my university class with photos of how the warriors were women and leader was also female, because they believed that "the men were just not as trustworthy as warriors and women were just better fighters" in that particular group. Imagine the raised eyebrows as the professor talked about that."

I just found the comment, and some others to be against most if not all studies done, which in my time in the service in some of the assignments held we had to be aware of and look into as part of the staff " Combat Development" 

"in that particular group"....so that's, like, out of the realm of possibility?  cmon man, if you're drawing from a crowd of snowflakes...you wouldnt expect to find soft bellied men with non warrior spirits?  its just a datapoint :D

6 minutes ago, joeblast said:

"in that particular group"....so that's, like, out of the realm of possibility?  cmon man, if you're drawing from a crowd of snowflakes...you wouldnt expect to find soft bellied men with non warrior spirits?  its just a datapoint :D

Now you done it....;)

The premise of the thread 

"I am a believer in traditional matriarchal societies that kept us safely alive and thriving and happy (sic) for a million years.  I don't think we ever got anything right on this planet since the patriarchal takeover.  As in, never, and nothing.  As in, an ongoing disaster of a few thousand years with no end in sight.  As in, I don't think there's a political system that can grow out of a patriarchal set-up that will ever bring anything but misery to the majority.  I don't care what it's called. "

Do you agree with the premise of the thread,,,that there was some kind of take over at some point in time?

Edited by windwalker