Wells

Effects and Signs of successful Jing Replenishment

1 hour ago, Rocky Lionmouth said:

EDIT

in light of calming down a little i feel that whatever it is that you are trying to convey to me @allinone i'm hindered by a language barrier. Just reading your post straight up and down it comes off as an ad-hominem, condescending and offensive. I'm well open to having misinterpreted or critically misunderstood what you were trying to convey, but i would like to add that your delivery feels casual and disciplinary in a way i do not see any need for.

but i do not care for trying to sort this out as i'm pretty convinced the effort is going to be pretty much all on my tab and nothing on yours, i cannot afford that atm nor do i wish to. Take that as you want, i'm quite done with this now.

So i bow out and will stay clear of this thread and your future posts for the time being and appreciate it if you @allinone do the same.

forever.

That which is conveyed is mostly bullshit*t, party covered in weird. 

When I read such a post, I cannot help but think why it was posted. 

We don't have to be mean to each other (with the exception of Mo Pai threads, where meanness is the rule). 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mudfoot said:

That which is conveyed is mostly bullshit*t, party covered in weird. 

When I read such a post, I cannot help but think why it was posted. 

We don't have to be mean to each other (with the exception of Mo Pai threads, where meanness is the rule). 

i hope you don't feel much sorry what you posted.

1 hour ago, silent thunder said:

High skill exhibited by you there Rocky.

*bow*  Respect Sir!

that's awkward. I hope you get over the embarrassment soon.

18 hours ago, Earl Grey said:
Spoiler

This topic and the resulting contrasts of opinions on those writing off immortality as a silly idea and those advocating its potential brings to mind a very appropriate teaching I've encountered:

"If you meet the Buddha when traveling, kill him." 

This implies that the one claiming to be the Buddha himself is likely not whom he claims to be, and inferring this to our topic, yes: it is good to have that healthy cynicism about whether or not immortality is possible and that it is derived from the replenishment of jing. There are indeed many charlatans and delusional self-appointed masters, but there are also far more secrets we don't know. I've yet to see much, but longevity at least is something I have found very attainable, moreso than immortality. 

If someone can help me find the source, I recall that there are multiple kinds of immortality, perhaps it was Michael Winn who spoke of literally giving birth to the spiritual fetus, or something to that effect. Other types are being conscious of yourself reincarnating multiple times, or a body that never dies, or dying and remaining as a perfect entity of Yin and Yang able to manifest itself at will. I don't know the details, but I recall hearing this somewhere, and I don't recall where the relationship with jing was in those stories. 

read Sutras or also 

articles have been translated what mentions immortals levels, and the signs what occur.

Jing is not a master key word.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Earl Grey said:

If you meet the Buddha when traveling, kill him."

More accurately, "If you see the Buddha (in your meditative state), "kill" him". The 'buddha' that one 'sees' during meditation is an illusion and the meditator should therefore destroy/ignore it.

About cynicism:

When Buddha Shakyamuni was meditating under a tree and he was approached by an ascetic. The ascetic seeing the noble bearing of the Buddha, asked who he was. "Are you a god?" asked the ascetic, and the Buddha answered "No, I am not a God". "So, who are you?" the ascetic asked. The Buddha answered, "I am Buddha." The ascetic hearing the claim, sneered and walked away. And, the ascetic lost his opportunity to be enlightened by the Buddha.

• Like 1

Which sort of differs from "I can teach you physical immortality, but I am 60 and looks like 55 but there are stories that it might work". 

• Like 1

An extract from www.ancient-origins.net

Did ancient peoplereally have long life-spans longer than 200 years?

Accounts in Many Cultures, Including Chinese and Persian

In ancient China, super-centenarians were also commonplace, according to many texts. Joseph P. Hou, Ph.D., acupuncturist, wrote in his book “Healthy Longevity Techniques”: “According to Chinese medical records, a doctor named Cuie Wenze of the Qin dynasty lived to be 300 years old. Gee Yule of the later Han dynasty lived to be 280 years old. A high ranking Taoist master monk, Hui Zhao, lived to be 290 years old and Lo Zichange lived to be 180 years old. As recorded in the The Chinese Encyclopedia of Materia Medica, He Nengci of the Tang dynasty lived to be 168 years old. A Taoist master, Li Qingyuan, lived to be 250 years old. In modern times, a traditional Chinese medicine doctor, Lo Mingshan of Sichuan province, lived to be 124 years old.”

Dr. Hou said the Eastern key to longevity is “nourishing life,” including not only physical nourishment, but also mental and spiritual nourishment.

Another link:

• Like 2

keep a quiet heart

Translation: quiet heart means a low adrenaline secretion in the blood and as a consequence low cortisol. Adrenaline and cortisol are hormones produced by adrenals which are the "kidneys" in TCM but they stimulate an active heart due to emotional trigger. The more adrenaline and cortisol you use, the more you produce until a certain point in your life when the adrenals cannot produce anymore and are "fatigued". Adrenal fatigue is one of the century disease and is a silent killer, it is the main reason people die, because a low adrenal means a low immune system.

One of the most taxing on the adrenals is the "sexual competition". This is a normal process in animal life, you have to compete fight and win the competition to be able to reproduce, so it is deeply imprinted in the animal instincts of every human or non-human being. So every time you have sexual thoughts, your fight-or-flight response is triggered and the adrenals are activated.

So the secret of a long life is a life without stress, without sexual thoughts and without any kind of fight, conflict or competition.  

sit like a tortoise

Translation: this means don't spend much energy, or at least spend it wisely or efficiently. Efficiency is the ratio of reward or energy used with respect to the energy spent. On this principle works taichi or any slow motion activity that maximize the efficiency, although not always a slow motion is efficient, which is why comes the next principle. But for mental activities slow motion is best because it trains most efficiently the neural networks of your brain in the fastest way. Also just sitting has its own benefits, you can control your mental activity and most important, your emotions which are necessary to be controlled as explained above

walk sprightly  like a pigeon

Translation: walk fast and active, means be active, your muscle, tendons and bones need stimulation. Without physical effort your muscles shrink and your bones thin and become brittle. This is not only about walking but any other physical activity of any muscle and bone of your body. If don't use it you'll loose it. Also being active makes the heart pumping which is a good thing because is done by physical activity and not by emotional trigger (stress). Physical activity is a stress anyways but it has the other benefits like cleansing the blood vessels and oxygenating the tissues.

sleep like a dog

Translation: recover from all the other activities, your body produces hormones anyways and your glands reserves are emptied during the day to day activities and you need to replenish them. The main role of the sleep is to shut down the mental activity and let the body restore the hormones back. During sleep you produce serotonin and dopamine, testosterone and adrenaline and cortisol so that next day you have enough substances to burn for whatever challenges your life brigs to you. People without sleep can die, and an over stressed mind can become suicidal, so the sleep is one of the most important elements that sustain your life along with air, water, heat and food. This is basic survival skills, if you know them and apply them you'll live long and prosperous.

Edited by Andrei
corrections
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

let me say that its not hormones at least its not the Main in immortality topic. There is a wachy state whilst it tries to drag us under water so hormones are as a false saviours in a long run we need less and less depend on hormones induced safeties.

• Like 1

What do you mean by ageing? The deterioration of the body? That is said to be the mal-effects of the shortening of telomere causing the mis-replication of dna. Any techniques would be focused on modifying the expression of your DNA. While I dont think this is impossible, success on a large scale basis ie. all the cells of your body would utilize something beyond the knowledge of humans ;). That's right, it's time to perform evocation.

Edited by Emera

8 hours ago, Emera said:

What do you mean by ageing? The deterioration of the body? That is said to be the mal-effects of the shortening of telomere causing the mis-replication of dna. Any techniques would be focused on modifying the expression of your DNA. While I dont think this is impossible, success on a large scale basis ie. all the cells of your body would utilize something beyond the knowledge of humans ;). That's right, it's time to perform evocation.

You do not know what you are talking about. Do you think turtle changes it's DNA and that's why they living so long? No.

I will tell you that you can reverse aging thru neidan, to a very young age even. Thru neidan and methods you reconstruct how your inner organs works and function and then every day you get younger, when they are reconstructed to work differently then regular human, you will actually live very long or even become immortal in the sense of you can not really age. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, SeekerOfHealing said:

You do not know what you are talking about. Do you think turtle changes it's DNA and that's why they living so long? No.

I will tell you that you can reverse aging thru neidan, to a very young age even. Thru neidan and methods you reconstruct how your inner organs works and function and then every day you get younger, when they are reconstructed to work differently then regular human, you will actually live very long or even become immortal in the sense of you can not really age. 

Telomeres are DNA-protein structures that form protective caps at the end of eukaryotic chromosomes. They constitute the safeguards of chromosome degradation and are responsible for maintaining genomic integrity. The multifactorial nature of telomere length (TL) regulation increases the perplexity of studies in the field. TL is characterized by a high variability among individuals (birth and later life) and among species but it is unknown whether this is associated with their lifespan potential. TL is also highly heritable, longer in women than in men; it is highly variable between tissues and organs and inversely related to chronological age. Accelerated telomere loss has been associated with many chronic diseases of aging. Premature aging or cellular senescence, seen in early life, through increased oxidative stress and DNA damage to telomeric ends may be initiators of processes related to these diseases. During the recent decade, research around telomere biology has rapidly expanded due to its dynamic involvement in aging and longevity. However, longevity is not necessarily an indication of disability-free aging. There is substantial scientific disagreement and controversial results, regarding even the basic nature of aging and the path to longevity. We review the current evidence linking telomere biology to aging processes and mechanisms leading to longevity.

We have a solid basis in this age that damage to the DNA, causes the effects of aging we can see. I said in the last post that modification ie. reversal of damage to DNA would change the "age"/senescence of the cells of your body.

I have neither said turtles use the methods I have spoken of before - so its an irrelevant statement. As for turtles, I have not studied the longevity methods of turtles (do they even change their DNA to live longer?). Please provide a basis for your statement and how turtles live so long - thanks ;).

I would say that your statement lacks critical thinking, for how can you discount the idea that neidan does not modify the DNA? I have neither agreed nor disagreed with your statement but am poking at your poor logic.

Why should not the change in lifestyle. mentality and the physiological changes that come with the above that are associated with Nei Dan cause a change in how our genes express themselves?

Cause and effect. 

And then you might argue if this is the most important aspect or not, which science would retort with "no data available".

On 9/26/2017 at 0:07 PM, NATURE BEEING said:

Just a question... has this sweet tasting saliva anything to do with it? :)

Saliva: Elixir of Immortality

Saliva is a key element in Daoist meditation and internal alchemy. Swallowing saliva is a part of virtually every Daoist exercise, including many forms of Nei Gong. Hence saliva is referred to by many names in different Daoist texts:

Golden Fluid jin ye 金 液
Golden Elixir jin yi 金 酏
Jade Dew yu lu 玉 露
Jade Fluid yu ye 玉 液
Jade Juice yu zhi 玉 汁
Jade Beverage yu yin 玉 飲
Divine Juice ling zhi 靈 汁
Heavenly Dew tian lu 天 露

As we shall see in this lesson, production of saliva is one sign that the meditation is being performed correctly. When Jing is concentrated in the lower abdomen, transformed into Qi/Breath and moved upward, saliva is secreted and then descends to replenish Jing.

The tongue (known as the “red dragon”) is sometimes used to further stimulate the production of saliva, as is the action of clicking the teeth. Isabelle Robinet tells us that the center of the mouth, where the saliva accumulates, called the “Jade Pool,” is the upper-body equivalent of the lower Dantian where the sexual essence (Jing) accumulates.

http://www.internalartsinternational.com/free/daoist-meditation-lesson-eight-theory-golden-fluid-the-micro-cosmic-orbit/

• Like 1

Physically it is highly likely finding the adrenal stimuli on top of each kidney which results in increased saliva flow.

The parasympathetic nervous system, through the liberation of acetylcholine, acts upon the muscarinic M3 receptors and produces an abundant secretion of aqueous saliva. Sympathetic post-ganglionic pathways are from the cervical ganglion of the sympathetic chain. Stimulation of the sympathetic nervous system by the binding of norepinephrine to β-adrenergic receptors produces a thicker and less abundant secretion.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4615242/

The parasympathetic nervous system stimulates an increase in alimentary glandular secretion. The glossopharyngeal and vagus parasympathetic nerves innervate glands of the upper tract; these include the salivary glands, esophageal glands, gastric glands, pancreas, and Brunner's glands in the duodenum.
So also vagus nerve stimulation

17 hours ago, Jessup2 said:

Saliva: Elixir of Immortality

Saliva is a key element in Daoist meditation and internal alchemy. Swallowing saliva is a part of virtually every Daoist exercise, including many forms of Nei Gong. Hence saliva is referred to by many names in different Daoist texts:

Golden Fluid jin ye 金 液
Golden Elixir jin yi 金 酏
Jade Dew yu lu 玉 露
Jade Fluid yu ye 玉 液
Jade Juice yu zhi 玉 汁
Jade Beverage yu yin 玉 飲
Divine Juice ling zhi 靈 汁
Heavenly Dew tian lu 天 露

As we shall see in this lesson, production of saliva is one sign that the meditation is being performed correctly. When Jing is concentrated in the lower abdomen, transformed into Qi/Breath and moved upward, saliva is secreted and then descends to replenish Jing.

The tongue (known as the “red dragon”) is sometimes used to further stimulate the production of saliva, as is the action of clicking the teeth. Isabelle Robinet tells us that the center of the mouth, where the saliva accumulates, called the “Jade Pool,” is the upper-body equivalent of the lower Dantian where the sexual essence (Jing) accumulates.

http://www.internalartsinternational.com/free/daoist-meditation-lesson-eight-theory-golden-fluid-the-micro-cosmic-orbit/

I doubt they are talking about the saliva that is generated from the glands under the tongue... but more likely from the glands above the soft pallet in the center region of the head, a "heavenly dew" can perspire which seems to affect the whole cellular organism in really positive ways. 

Just now, Apeiron&Peiron said:

Jing is typically related with all the fluids of the body. Blood, sweat, marrow, tears, etc.

Then why is the lower dantian supposed to be the storage of all the Jing? There isn’t much of the above there as opposed to anywhere else in the body. In fact, there is a lot of fluid and blood in the head, so why Jing is stored in the lower dantian, but not in the upper dantian doesn’t make sense to me.