Jeff

Levels of conscious mind residing...

1 minute ago, Bindi said:

But this is nonetheless 3 people who have responded all who were on Daobums first. My time frames might be a bit out, but I did see a trend of Daobum names suddenly talking about Light practices. 

The other possibility is that

(speaking from my own experience only)

working with Jeff has impacted people positively and they feel they have to share their results. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, rene said:

What does 'LU' stand for, and is there a website? Thanks!

Hi Rene,

its a forum, similar to this one, but doesn't get much traffic these days. 

Its known for their chat room (at least in regards to this thread) like TDB chat, that Jeff and others do energy practices In. 

I can PM you the name, I don't want to link another forum name here though (not sure about rules)

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Bindi said:

Maybe I should reword it as Daobums seems like a fertile place to bring in new Light members, regardless of where the practices are then done. 

That sounds rather conspiratorially ominous...  you'r spending your time counting how many people use either or both websites and this affects you in what way?   I'm not really getting the usefulness in it.    Folk should practice and pursue what they want. What does it matter what websites they go to for it?  (Rhetorical)....  

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Fa Xin said:

Hi Rene,

its a forum, similar to this one, but doesn't get much traffic these days. 

Its known for their chat room (at least in regards to this thread) like TDB chat, that Jeff and others do energy practices In. 

I can PM you the name, I don't want to link another forum name here though (not sure about rules)

Hi Fa Xin, thanks for the reply! I have my PMs shut off and totally understand the reasoning to not want to advertise another forum. No biggie whatsoever, was just curious; besides - I dont do Chat (anywhere) so no loss, no harm, no foul. Cheers!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, rene said:

Hi Fa Xin, thanks for the reply! I have my PMs shut off and totally understand the reasoning to not want to advertise another forum. No biggie whatsoever, was just curious; besides - I dont do Chat (anywhere) so no loss, no harm, no foul. Cheers!

Here you go with the link. Not a big deal. If I am violating some rule, mods feel free to edit...

http://community.livingunbound.net/

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Here you go with the link. Not a big deal. If I am violating some rule, mods feel free to edit...

http://community.livingunbound.net/

Thanks, Jeff; now I know what LU stands for! I'll peek around and if any quesions arise I'll ask over there. Cheers!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, dawei said:

That sounds rather conspiratorially ominous...  you'r spending your time counting how many people use either or both websites and this affects you in what way?   I'm not really getting the usefulness in it.    Folk should practice and pursue what they want. What does it matter what websites they go to for it?  (Rhetorical)....  

Jeff referred (in Daobums general chat) to 80% of the LU members also being members here, it seemed like a very high crossover membership, certainly far beyond coincidence, and suggests that Jeff is the one actually counting. 

Personally I notice both new and old Daobum members suddenly talking about Light practices here on the Daobums and I make what I consider to be a reasonable assumption that they are Daobum members who have become involved in Light practices, and the 80% figure set off alarm bells for me.  

How does this affect me? I was of course a newbie who got involved with Jeff when I first joined Daobums, and consider that week or so to have been a very dangerous time for me spiritually, so it pains me to see the newbies who come here being checked out by Jeff and invited to do Light practices. This is of course my own personal perspective on Light practices, I know there are others who have been exposed to Light stuff and feel similarly to me, as well as those who think it is the best thing that ever happened to them. 

In that sense anyone is free to make independent choices and leave Light practices whenever they like, but aren't there some potentially negative aspects of Light practice that can never be left behind once they are begun?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Bindi said:

Jeff referred (in Daobums general chat) to 80% of the LU members also being members here, it seemed like a very high crossover membership, certainly far beyond coincidence, and suggests that Jeff is the one actually counting. 

Personally I notice both new and old Daobum members suddenly talking about Light practices here on the Daobums and I make what I consider to be a reasonable assumption that they are Daobum members who have become involved in Light practices, and the 80% figure set off alarm bells for me.  

How does this affect me? I was of course a newbie who got involved with Jeff when I first joined Daobums, and consider that week or so to have been a very dangerous time for me spiritually, so it pains me to see the newbies who come here being checked out by Jeff and invited to do Light practices. This is of course my own personal perspective on Light practices, I know there are others who have been exposed to Light stuff and feel similarly to me, as well as those who think it is the best thing that ever happened to them. 

In that sense anyone is free to make independent choices and leave Light practices whenever they like, but aren't there some potentially negative aspects of Light practice that can never be left behind once they are begun?

80% of world population would be close to 6 billion.

80% of 15 people is 12.    

The first number would alarm me but not the second. 

I'm a number counter when it is necessary for my job but I'll evaluate the soundness of numbers when confronted with it.

For years now, we keep hearing about the 'newbies' but no one has ever really shown their problem.  Sorry, I tend to view issues as , "what is the problem" and let them come forward and share their problem.   I've never seen it yet.

Everything in life has some who like something and some who don't like something...  This is life.

I can't say I know of any potentially negative aspects of leaving any practice behind... it would seem in most cases, the practice stops and anything associated with it stops.  Often we tell folks to 'stop that practice'...  

Your rhetorical question is based on something without any experience with another practice, so I fail to see why that question would even arise.   Just sounds like a lot of guessing.

I think you are connecting dots that are not there...  I could go on but there is something you feel a pain about that doesn't really exist.   You don't invite newbies to do Light Practices...  I've never heard of that except from you.  One may try to help someone but only first see if you can help them resolve some issue.   Regardless of a practice, that is what folks do.   

Your anst over Light Practices bears a pain that you can't yet let go of.  I just don't know if every thread that Jeff starts is fair to hear these complaints over and over about newbies when nobody has actually shown them to exist in the way you portray it.     It is not fair to the threads nor the member on some level... JMO.

now, the topic could of been stated more clearly and maybe in a PPD and maybe it could of unfolded differently to share the idea of 'levels of consciousness'.  I think it is an interesting topic that was really a 'shout out' but got lost in the anti-movement.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, dawei said:

80% of 15 people is 12.    

I'm a number counter when it is necessary for my job but I'll evaluate the soundness of numbers when confronted with it.

For years now, we keep hearing about the 'newbies' but no one has ever really shown their problem.  Sorry, I tend to view issues as , "what is the problem" and let them come forward and share their problem.   I've never seen it yet.

People are remarkably quiet when it comes to their negative attitude to Light practices after either brief exposure or longer ones, you'll just have to trust me that this negativity exists, and that people have come forward and shared their issues with me privately.

Everything in life has some who like something and some who don't like something...  This is life.

I can't say I know of any potentially negative aspects of leaving any practice behind... it would seem in most cases, the practice stops and anything associated with it stops.  Often we tell folks to 'stop that practice'...  

There are two potentially negative issues I am thinking of, one is being opened up to entities in an uncontrolled way, ie. when you can't control when an entity visits anymore, and the second is having kundalini energy initiated - and there are all sorts of issues related to this. 

Your rhetorical question is based on something without any experience with another practice, so I fail to see why that question would even arise.   Just sounds like a lot of guessing.

I think you are connecting dots that are not there...  I could go on but there is something you feel a pain about that doesn't really exist.   You don't invite newbies to do Light Practices...  I've never heard of that except from you.  One may try to help someone but only first see if you can help them resolve some issue.   Regardless of a practice, that is what folks do.   

Your anst over Light Practices bears a pain that you can't yet let go of.

I just see Light practices as a very dangerous path to take, it's not personal angst at this stage. 

I just don't know if every thread that Jeff starts is fair to hear these complaints over and over about newbies when nobody has actually shown them to exist in the way you portray it.     It is not fair to the threads nor the member on some level... JMO.

Okay, I won't refer to just newbies, more Daobum members in general being heavily exposed to Light practices through this site. But it is also true that just about every newbie with any issue is given the Jeff treatment.

now, the topic could of been stated more clearly and maybe in a PPD and maybe it could of unfolded differently to share the idea of 'levels of consciousness'.  I think it is an interesting topic that was really a 'shout out' but got lost in the anti-movement.

Levels of consciousness might be interesting, but Light folk consider themselves so extremely advanced in this regard, there's not really any common ground with us normal folk.

In fact, spiritual super stardom and ego fulfillment seems to be one of the key achievements of Light work.

1 hour ago, dawei said:

80% of 15 people is 12.    

Your anst over Light Practices bears a pain that you can't yet let go of.  I just don't know if every thread that Jeff starts is fair to hear these complaints over and over about newbies when nobody has actually shown them to exist in the way you portray it.     It is not fair to the threads nor the member on some level... JMO.

Hi Dawei,

I don't think there is anything that could be characterised as an 'anti-movement' and I think its important to get away from the paranoia of group mentality.  Certainly there are those DBs who are skeptical, my self among them, but that's the whole point of DBs and General Dis. - to be a forum for discussing such things.  There are some who have tried working with Jeff and got a negative reaction and give their own accounts of this - equally there seem to be a number of very positive responses.  I know its not for me - but am slightly intrigued and baffled by some of the 'explanations' such as the OP and I like to query them partly to see if I understand what is being said (in the case of this thread no chance :) ).

Over the years there have been a number of quite popular or dominant practices like Kunlun, KAP and Stillness Movement - some of which have resulted in heated debate pro and anti (did I mention Mo Pai ... no I didn't and I won't :)) - and there have been some practitioners who teach or heal over the internet without meeting in person and so on.  But I think Jeff is one of the most active in terms of 'remote transmission' (can I use that phrase?) and thus it is something that members and newbies can latch on to quite easily.

My personal concern about new people is that we seem to get a steady stream of people with energy and emotional problems who end up here having read Mantak Chia (for some reason especially him) or some such - seems to me they are quite vulnerable and also new to the site (obviously).  I always feel that any advice or help offered should be very cautious and mild until we get to know more about that person - given their possible psycho-somatic condition - as there is always a risk of well intentioned 'help' making things worse for them.  This is not directed at Jeff particularly although he is a frequent offerer of assistance - and would apply to any of us - I would greatly prefer, but realise this is not up to me but perhaps Sean, for there to be a period of acclimatisation for new members before the offer of direct intervention of any kind is made.

Just a thought.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Jonesboy said:

I'm starting to sense you are feeling a little...

giphy.gif

Oh no  ... I am all light  

....  right !   I am all right   !    I  meant .

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bindi said:

It does seem to me that members are funnelled from here to LU, whether that's intentional or not. New Daobum members, especially those asking for help with an issue, are very often 'checked out' here and then invited to experience energy directly at this forum, the next step is then LU because any move to set up open organised group energy work at Daobums has failed. 

How else can an 80% membership crossover between the two sites be explained?

W   o   t     ?   :huh:

L   ....   U   .....    

snaffling peeps from here to do      what   ?  

W ... H ... A   ...  T   !  !  ! 

giphy.gif

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bindi said:

People are remarkably quiet when it comes to their negative attitude to Light practices after either brief exposure or longer ones, you'll just have to trust me that this negativity exists, and that people have come forward and shared their issues with me privately.

There are two potentially negative issues I am thinking of, one is being opened up to entities in an uncontrolled way, ie. when you can't control when an entity visits anymore, and the second is having kundalini energy initiated - and there are all sorts of issues related to this. 

I just see Light practices as a very dangerous path to take, it's not personal angst at this stage. 

Okay, I won't refer to just newbies, more Daobum members in general being heavily exposed to Light practices through this site. But it is also true that just about every newbie with any issue is given the Jeff treatment.

Levels of consciousness might be interesting, but Light folk consider themselves so extremely advanced in this regard, there's not really any common ground with us normal folk.

In fact, spiritual super stardom and ego fulfillment seems to be one of the key achievements of Light work.

Soooooooo     .... its New Age 'Light Work '  okey dokes , got it !  

Could have said so post  1 .  Some of them live here on the same property I am on .

Image result for Light workers

Opened up to 'entities '   ?  . . . .    :unsure:

Edited by Nungali

5 hours ago, Bindi said:

Dangerous how?

@Jeff:   Likely better to reboot a new topic on "Levels of Consciousness" as this has become a cut/paste of past counter comments.   I could split stuff off but as many said the OP was not very clear, I think a new one seems best. 

If folks knew stories of the early stage when Sean and members were throwing energy and magic at each other... you can likely hear Sean laughing right now at the idea of censoring energy healing offers when requests are made.  Sean is aware of the past skepticism of groups and/or practices and has never felt the need to step in to comment.   So far, his silence speaks.  Not sure why folks don't see the pattern in that yet.

For the sake of Apech, I've asked Sean once again if he wants him to comment on this repeated skepticism and whether nobody should help newbies asking for help.  The email was longer than just that.  ;)

It's not paranoia of group mentality.  It's a data issue.  Data speaks patterns.  ATIFA shows up , rally after rally, same people with same slogan and same chants...  Those are observable facts that might suggest a pattern via data analysis.   I tend to view events as data and that includes how people show up at predictable threads.   It is observable.   Facts over feelings seems a safer route.   

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, johndoe2012 said:

Dangerous how?

imho every sort of energywork gone awry can lead to both severe psychological and/or physical problems. Think here psychosis and 'unexplained' severe bodily pain

this is not  a slur on Jeff, it is for every kind of energy work that is worth something.

I remember well how my teacher tells us not to do some exercises at home. like: "well, you're welcome to play along with these things at home, but when you're getting out of you're fucking mind and you call me I'll not be at home, I warned you"

Imo a teacher worth it's salt will be careful not to let his students overstep bounds that they are not yet ready for.

And if that happens, while those students did follow his advice, he should be able and willing  to help out.

In general i see that when new people come here with problems the advice is not only 'stop the practice you're doing that lead up to this'  but also, look for a live teacher from a lineage to help you get you're balance .

what people do with advices,

hey, this is just a forum, everybody his own karma, his own choices

• Like 6

6 hours ago, dawei said:

80% of 15 people is 12.    

Shouldn't you as Admin adopt an impartial position on this? I find your response to Bindi a little perplexing, but maybe its just oversight on my part. 

Personally, and just for the sake of perspective, if I were to be Admin, I dont believe it will be in the best interest of the members (all members, notwithstanding) for me to argue the concerns of members' very personal experiences with what appears to be a for/against approach. 

Its no secret that you work with this group, and that's absolutely fine, and your prerogative, but to openly offer your subjective review on Bindi's experience of LU which to me seems rather biased is whats really unfair (your choice of wording, of course). 

The reason I am pursuing this is not because I am anti- anyone or any practices. Let me state for the record that I am not on anyone's side on this, and have not had (nor have an ongoing) private communication with Bindi wrt her past involvement with Jeff nor her current feelings of her past experiences. 

I am pursuing this solely because I believe Jeff, although (perhaps) sincere, and convincing to some, do not possess sufficient cred, he has no affiliation with any lineage or tradition, and the most primary concern is of course the anonymity -- this indicates that should any member of DB were to experience negative repercussion from attempting the practice(s), there will be no accountability at all, just as there was no appropriate accountability and support given to Bindi, or else she couldn't have made the decision to voice her on-going concerns the way she did.  

It is a simple consideration for anyone who is thinking of getting involved, or are already involved, not just with LU but with all future on-line, anonymous 'systems' that invites participation - these are not invitations to cooking lessons, mind you -- just to bear in mind and apply lots of common sense to the questions: What if it starts to get complicated and difficult? What if the dynamic takes on shades that i have no idea about, and have no other support network to seek clarification and compare notes, other than whats responsible for the change in dynamic? What if Jeff suddenly vanishes and one is in the midst of a critical phase in the practice? 

Many considerations, which I hope people will at least ponder over. As with any path or spiritual practice, personal safety is the main priority, more so when potential hazards are not restricted to the physical realm. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, dawei said:

@Jeff:   Likely better to reboot a new topic on "Levels of Consciousness" as this has become a cut/paste of past counter comments.   I could split stuff off but as many said the OP was not very clear, I think a new one seems best. 

If folks knew stories of the early stage when Sean and members were throwing energy and magic at each other... you can likely hear Sean laughing right now at the idea of censoring energy healing offers when requests are made.  Sean is aware of the past skepticism of groups and/or practices and has never felt the need to step in to comment.   So far, his silence speaks.  Not sure why folks don't see the pattern in that yet.

For the sake of Apech, I've asked Sean once again if he wants him to comment on this repeated skepticism and whether nobody should help newbies asking for help.  The email was longer than just that.  ;)

It's not paranoia of group mentality.  It's a data issue.  Data speaks patterns.  ATIFA shows up , rally after rally, same people with same slogan and same chants...  Those are observable facts that might suggest a pattern via data analysis.   I tend to view events as data and that includes how people show up at predictable threads.   It is observable.   Facts over feelings seems a safer route.   

Just to be clear I wasn't arguing against offering help in terms of advice of various kinds or views on what was happening to people.  I am pretty sure you are right about Sean's reaction.  I also wasn't suggesting 'censorship' but just caution.

It's not people with 'slogans and chants' that would be some kind group protest - it's just people expressing themselves which is what you would expect in General Discussion.  There is no rally - this is DBs - and if you are going to bring up the 'early stage' just think how mild all this is compared to then.   Facts over feelings is exactly it - what else?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, C T said:

this indicates that should any member of DB were to experience negative repercussion from attempting the practice(s), there will be no accountability at all, just as there was no appropriate accountability and support given to Bindi, or else she couldn't have made the decision to voice her on-going concerns the way she did. 

thank you CT, as usual you say things better then I do. This is what i meant when I said this

31 minutes ago, blue eyed snake said:

Imo a teacher worth it's salt will be careful not to let his students overstep bounds that they are not yet ready for.

And if that happens, while those students did follow his advice, he should be able and willing  to help out.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Apech said:

Just to be clear I wasn't arguing against offering help in terms of advice of various kinds or views on what was happening to people.  I am pretty sure you are right about Sean's reaction.  I also wasn't suggesting 'censorship' but just caution.

It's not people with 'slogans and chants' that would be some kind group protest - it's just people expressing themselves which is what you would expect in General Discussion.  There is no rally - this is DBs - and if you are going to bring up the 'early stage' just think how mild all this is compared to then.   Facts over feelings is exactly it - what else?

Understanding metaphorical use over literalism to help show a point.

But if you go back to most every Jeff thread... (not always in GD) ,  you will find a pattern of some loosely fitting slogans and chants...  It is easier to see when not a part of it.

There is natural caution on the board.. it is called, "member's posting".   And then there is something that appears to come closer to putting a toe in censorship.   You're one of the strongest advocates that 'every voice should be heard'...  It cuts both ways.    SO I agree, caution over censorship.  Thanks. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, blue eyed snake said:

This is why one must exercise all cautionary reasonings before signing up for any 'spiritual' invites. The rebounds are limitless, some good, some neutral and some can fill the participant with confusion and anxiety. A good facilitator will have openly put in place all the necessary safety rails and should be able to demonstrate impeccable integrity towards ensuring the safety of all-comers, even those who express doubts. Especially those who express doubts, actually, rather than finding labels (anti-movement... really??) for such. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dawei said:

Understanding metaphorical use over literalism to help show a point.

But if you go back to most every Jeff thread... (not always in GD) ,  you will find a pattern of some loosely fitting slogans and chants...  It is easier to see when not a part of it.

There is natural caution on the board.. it is called, "member's posting".   And then there is something that appears to come closer to putting a toe in censorship.   You're one of the strongest advocates that 'every voice should be heard'...  It cuts both ways.    SO I agree, caution over censorship.  Thanks. 

Well, I for one try to just ask questions for clarification and I kind of assumed that was the whole point.  Doesn't Jeff welcome some query or challenge?  He always seems ok with it when I chat with him.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, C T said:

Shouldn't you as Admin adopt an impartial position on this? I find your response to Bindi a little perplexing, but maybe its just oversight on my part. 

Personally, and just for the sake of perspective, if I were to be Admin, I dont believe it will be in the best interest of the members (all members, notwithstanding) for me to argue the concerns of members' very personal experiences with what appears to be a for/against approach. 

Its no secret that you work with this group, and that's absolutely fine, and your prerogative, but to openly offer your subjective review on Bindi's experience of LU which to me seems rather biased is whats really unfair (your choice of wording, of course). 

The reason I am pursuing this is not because I am anti- anyone or any practices. Let me state for the record that I am not on anyone's side on this, and have not had (nor have an ongoing) private communication with Bindi wrt her past involvement with Jeff nor her current feelings of her past experiences. 

I am pursuing this solely because I believe Jeff, although (perhaps) sincere, and convincing to some, do not possess sufficient cred, he has no affiliation with any lineage or tradition, and the most primary concern is of course the anonymity -- this indicates that should any member of DB were to experience negative repercussion from attempting the practice(s), there will be no accountability at all, just as there was no appropriate accountability and support given to Bindi, or else she couldn't have made the decision to voice her on-going concerns the way she did.  

It is a simple consideration for anyone who is thinking of getting involved, or are already involved, not just with LU but with all future on-line, anonymous 'systems' that invites participation - these are not invitations to cooking lessons, mind you -- just to bear in mind and apply lots of common sense to the questions: What if it starts to get complicated and difficult? What if the dynamic takes on shades that i have no idea about, and have no other support network to seek clarification and compare notes, other than whats responsible for the change in dynamic? What if Jeff suddenly vanishes and one is in the midst of a critical phase in the practice? 

Many considerations, which I hope people will at least ponder over. As with any path or spiritual practice, personal safety is the main priority, more so when potential hazards are not restricted to the physical realm. 

Bindi and I have talked for years and have been very open about talking issues with each other.   If she took some offense to something I said, I apologize.   I wasn't posting so much as an admin but a friend.   I understand folks just see labels on the forum and hope they can know more gets established between members.  

I see Bindi  year after year issues persisting with this issue that I hope she can work through to let go or channel back to her practice.   She joined LU and has been finding ammunition for her cause, including looking at member's list between the two boards.  It seems unhealthy to me.   As a friend, I hope she would find a way to move past this issue instead of raising it every chance she gets.   I've told her privately many things but felt it would be good to post. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Apech said:

Well, I for one try to just ask questions for clarification and I kind of assumed that was the whole point.  Doesn't Jeff welcome some query or challenge?  He always seems ok with it when I chat with him.

sure... carry on... just more data points.... hopefully they 'spread' a bit more :P

6 minutes ago, C T said:

(anti-movement... really??) 

That was kind of an inside comment to a time when two sets of folks were trying to confront Jeff and then a liaison who began to work between the two, passing information , to do what appeared a more coordinated movement of posting...   In the past now.