awaken

Is Tai chi fake?

1 hour ago, Starjumper said:

Snowflake.special.jpg

I'll have to save that for future reference...

:ph34r:

• Like 1

On 2017-6-19 at 7:56 PM, Taomeow said:

Skepticism can be a  fundamentalist religion like anything else, and the thing about fundamentalist religions is, they are not abandoned because of evidence to the contrary presented.  Any evidence.  Even the evidence of their own senses, as I've discovered.  One has to suspend fundamentalist beliefs first...  then evidence can be evaluated.  Otherwise it's like the Earth having been created six thousand years ago.  No amount of dinosaur bones radiometrically dated two hundred million years old will convince the believer.  God could easily fake dinosaur bones.  To test the believers' faith, see.  :D    

A few years back, a psychologist friend of mine tried to teach me something similar about paranoia.  I was trying to convince my then- paranoid partner (he`s much better now), that spies were not following him.  We`d argue endlessly about these alledged spies and none of my seemingly rational arguments made the slightest dent in his beliefs. My friend just shook her head at me and said "you`re trying to use logic; logic doesn`t work with paranoia."  And it was true.  None of my logical arguments ever worked, not even a little bit -- and, believe me, I gave it a good try.

Edited by liminal_luke
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, voidisyinyang said:

I've been meaning to ask you - I remember you mentioning your CIA friend? Have you read John Perkins on how the CIA assassinated the president of Ecuador?

I'll answer this later in my Ecuador thread in order to prevent too much thread drift.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Marblehead said:

I love the concepts of resonance and harmonics.  But I must remain silent for the moment and just read what others say.

I can't wait to find a stopped train and see if I can rock it with an Aikido hips/hands/ push/pull practice.. not too different then the Tai Chi rocking I'm seeing. 

If I'm absent assume I was successful but not so much in explaining my actions to the police watching. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, voidisyinyang said:

Starjumper you say Ecuador is not too anal - and I've been meaning to ask you - I remember you mentioning your CIA friend? Have you read John Perkins on how the CIA assassinated the president of Ecuador?

Just a heads up to you that I answered your post in my Ecuador thread but the new system does not allow transferring quotes from one thread to another like the old one did.

7 hours ago, voidisyinyang said:

I remember you mentioning your CIA friend? ...

I answered this in my Tien Shan thread.  Enjoy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thelerner said:

I can't wait to find a stopped train and see if I can rock it with an Aikido hips/hands/ push/pull practice.. not too different then the Tai Chi rocking I'm seeing. 

If I'm absent assume I was successful but not so much in explaining my actions to the police watching. 

I got arrested for snoring in full lotus on a toilet at the U of MN Folwell Hall. I tried to explain to the police - but I was barred from the campus for a year, immediately. Their "ticket" was unconstitutional - by the way - but still by the time the cops "busted" into the University bathroom - I was already out of the stall and looking into the mirror. So apparently my reflexes from snoring in full lotus on a toilet were super fast. It was during spring break so hardly anyone was on campus and I was an alumnus. But oh well. Someone had heard me snoring apparently. haha. I had forgot that homeless people had frequented that disabled stall to sleep in.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Starjumper said:

Just a heads up to you that I answered your post in my Ecuador thread but the new system does not allow transferring quotes from one thread to another like the old one did.

I thought so to,  but the {+} to the left of {quote} is the Multi-Quote button and it'll carry one or more quotes to other threads.  Woulda been simpler if it'd kept saying multi-quote but.. change..

• Like 2

We poor mods are always upset when we must take leave from the endless enchantment that the staff yacht, anchored as it is in a lush cove on the Ilse of the Blessed, provides and turn our attention to the mundane matters of rapping recalcitrant "daoists" on the knuckles for conduct unbecoming a sage, but there is at least one person here, who having returned from two bans interspersed with innumerable suspensions in between, has not learned, that in an era of Global Warming treading on thin ice is not a good idea.  I hope that I have sufficiently described this person so that they recognize themselves, and that we have no more need to look into their conduct in the future.

I have written this humorously, but put it in "mod blue", to emphasize that it should not be taken lightly.  If you should see yourself in the above, but have no clue as to why your conduct is not satisfactory, perhaps you should read, possibly for the first time, this little gem:

TheDaoBums' Three Foundations: Eclectic, Egalitarian, Civil.

and then graduate to other good beginner's book, maybe something written by Miss Manners.  It could save your future here at the Dao Bums.

Zhongyongdaist, Concierge, and Booh Bah Plenipotentiary

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Zhongyongdaoist said:

We poor mods are always upset when we must take leave from the endless enchantment that the staff yacht, anchored as it is in a lush cove on the Ilse of the Blessed, provides and turn our attention to the mundane matters of rapping recalcitrant "daoists" on the knuckles for conduct unbecoming a sage, but there is at least one person here, who having returned from two bans interspersed with innumerable suspensions in between, has not learned, that in an era of Global Warming treading on thin ice is not a good idea.  I hope that I have sufficiently described this person so that they recognize themselves, and that we have no more need to look into their conduct in the future.

I have written this humorously, but put it in "mod blue", to emphasize that it should not be taken lightly.  If you should see yourself in the above, but have no clue as to why your conduct is not satisfactory, perhaps you should read, possibly for the first time, this little gem:

TheDaoBums' Three Foundations: Eclectic, Egalitarian, Civil.

and then graduate to other good beginner's book, maybe something written by Miss Manners.  It could save your future here at the Dao Bums.

Zhongyongdaist, Concierge, and Booh Bah Plenipotentiary

Hey Long Dong - why don't you use your all might indirect threats against me to remove this from your website:

I thought you might be interested in looking at Everything you wanted to know about Drew Hempel.

Until then I think I get some free reign around here. haha.

Wait, let me make sure I have this straight...

Because of a post on this forum from nearly eight years ago in which a former member posted a link to something about you on a completely different forum, somehow the rules don't apply to you and you demand "free reign"?

LMFAO

Seriously?!?

:lol:

Yep, you've got forum management in one heck of a pickle now.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Brian said:

Because of a post on this forum from nearly eight years ago in which a former member posted a link to something about you on a completely different forum, somehow the rules don't apply to you and you demand "free reign"?

LMFAO

Seriously?!?

Im thinkin tiny gherkin.

Not much to munch.

pepinillos-spanish-cornichon-baby-gherki

• Like 3

On 6/21/2017 at 10:07 AM, Earl Grey said:

First, a lot of "penis-waving" by talking about your accomplishments and then the condescending tone, which was absolutely unnecessary--a more polite way could have been "Please explain" and ended it there. Instead, you ended with "if you can".

Earl, if you check you will find that I predicted your upset over me describing myself but I gave you the wrong idea.  Let me see if I can explain this in a way that you find acceptable.   The reason that I mentioned my trainings in tai chi and kung fu was so than maybe Eric would see me as an equal and didn't need to talk down to me.  The reason I mentioned my abilities in physics is so that he would know that he could get into detail about i and I could understand (about the push/pull train resonance thing) and you know I REALLY was hoping I could learn something new.  On the other hand, if due to my knowledge of physics, if I deemed what he said to be incorrect I was hoping to explain it to him so that maybe he could learn something - or possible we could debate it and hash it out.  Maybe you should go back and read that post with this in mind and see if it fits. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Starjumper said:

Earl, if you check you will find that I predicted your upset over me describing myself but I gave you the wrong idea.  Let me see if I can explain this in a way that you find acceptable.   The reason that I mentioned my trainings in tai chi and kung fu was so than maybe Eric would see me as an equal and didn't need to talk down to me.  The reason I mentioned my abilities in physics is so that he would know that he could get into detail about i and I could understand (about the push/pull train resonance thing) and you know I REALLY was hoping I could learn something new.  On the other hand, if due to my knowledge of physics, if I deemed what he said to be incorrect I was hoping to explain it to him so that maybe he could learn something - or possible we could debate it and hash it out.  Maybe you should go back and read that post with this in mind and see if it fits. 

2 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

Thank you for taking the time to do this. Please accept my apologies for how I could have handled this better, especially for reacting rather than clarifying. 

Let us start over: Hi, I'm Earl Grey. Pleased to meet you, Starjumper. 

594c6715bd9a3_startover.png.2d6d11332cff000be5ad76913efed3fe.png

Thank you both Gentlemen, I could have hardly wished for a better outcome.  Now I hope I haven't missed dinner, the yacht chef gets really cranky if you miss a meal!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Brian said:

LMFAO

Seriously?!?

I hope that I have sufficiently described this person

Nope - the link I posted "sufficiently describes this person" - now delete it now.

You're management right?

So either you guys openly address who I am instead of indirect threats - or delete the thread.

I want it deleted. Delete the thread then ban me. No games.

thanks.

5 minutes ago, voidisyinyang said:

Nope - the link I posted "sufficiently describes this person" - now delete it now.

You're management right?

So either you guys openly address who I am instead of indirect threats - or delete the thread.

thanks.

Nope, I'm not management. Something akin to a Walmart greeter at best.

Not sure your ultimatums will get much traction -- makes you seem kinda nutty, in my opinion -- but that will be up to the powers-that-be.

Edited by Brian
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Brian said:

Nope, I'm not management. Something akin to a Walmart greeter at best.

Not sure your ultimatums will get much traction -- makes you seem kinda nutty, in my opinion -- but that will be up to the powers-that-be.

Oh I'm sorry - how about this DELETE ALL MY POSTS ON THIS STUPID WEBSITE.

How's that? DELETE ALL MY POSTS THEN BAN ME.

Is that too nutty for you? haha. I know you're a greeter who "speaks" for management. So that's called a "misplaced modifier" - you are using the "Royal We"

Oh Management this, Management that. On no I'm not management.

Yep - you speak "for" the management.

Hilarious. So now I want ALL my posts DELETED.

Then ban me.

thank you very much - "greeter" for the "management."

No more indirect threats against me.

I hope you know who I am now. Hilarious.

Delete all most posts. then ban me.

Thanks again.

Understood? Tell that to the management that you speak for.

16 minutes ago, voidisyinyang said:

You're management right?

thanks.

FWIW, back when I was a Moderator, I always voted to let you return, and I went out of my way to welcome you back this time, too.

Just now, Brian said:

FWIW, back when I was a Moderator, I always voted to let you return, and I went out of my way to welcome you back this time, too.

So you can do me this "favor" this time - put a good word in for me to the "management."

I don't want any indirect threats. I want all my posts deleted on this website and then I want to be banned.

Thanks again.

2 minutes ago, voidisyinyang said:

Oh I'm sorry - how about this DELETE ALL MY POSTS ON THIS STUPID WEBSITE.

How's that? DELETE ALL MY POSTS THEN BAN ME.

Is that too nutty for you? haha. I know you're a greeter who "speaks" for management. So that's called a "misplaced modifier" - you are using the "Royal We"

Oh Management this, Management that. On no I'm not management.

Yep - you speak "for" the management.

Hilarious. So now I want ALL my posts DELETED.

Then ban me.

thank you very much - "greeter" for the "management."

No more indirect threats against me.

I hope you know who I am now. Hilarious.

Delete all most posts. then ban me.

Thanks again.

Understood? Tell that to the management that you speak for.

I don't speak for forum administration, Drew.  I've told you that.  It also isn't forum policy to purge a member's content because of a hissy-fit.  Perhaps they'll make yet another exception for you but I have no control over that.

<shrug>

4 minutes ago, voidisyinyang said:

So you can do me this "favor" this time - put a good word in for me to the "management."

I don't want any indirect threats. I want all my posts deleted on this website and then I want to be banned.

Thanks again.

I'm not part of management, Drew, and I haven't made any threats towards you.

Just now, Brian said:

I have written this humorously, but put it in "mod blue", to emphasize that it should not be taken lightly. 

This is the hissy-fit.

Delete all my posts now - tell management.

Delete my posts and ban me.

I want action.

No more games.

28 minutes ago, Brian said:

I don't hide behind fake names.

Delete all mention of my real name on this website.

I hope you know who I am now.

Thanks.

I hope that I have sufficiently described this person so that they recognize themselves

Can't make fun of FAKE names on this site?

Delete all mention of my real name now.

delete all my posts.

Ban me.

thanks.

Edited by voidisyinyang