Sign in to follow this  
Orgasmic19

OBE (OUT OF BODY EXPERIENCES).

Many techniques, however, whatever they describe on internet is not what my experience had been. However, I assume there are not many cats like me. If I could describe a process, I would. But I don't "do" any techniques, just an intent and off we go... ( but I also had full kundalini blown some years ago, so it's kind of part of the package) 

Notes: keep yourself grounded. You don't want a walk-in. My teachers told many stories about OBE their students did and then were coming back to "occupied" dwellings. 

• Like 4

I read there is no OUT OF BODY as such?

It is just a change in focus, your consciousness phasing in and out of different realities. Most places you go you have some type of body. Say lucid dreaming, you've a body and all that, it all can feel very real at times.

Consciousness is the center, worlds moving around that?

Edited by Sionnach
  • Like 1

Taoist alchemy , in fact, looks like a self-induced but well controlled  death process so as  to search for  the secret of life : first you stop the fluctuation /activities  of your minds , then you stop the ordinary way of your breathing , later you stop your heart beat...; it is dangerous to do that  through  Western medical knowledge and means  for the Westerners know nothing about  the technique to induce  and control it ( many guys  commit suicide  because of losing their girlfriends, hardly can you hear of  anyone does that  in order to explore the secret of  life :- )   ) , not to speak of the need to do the  process  repeatedly so that you gather enough data to explore the issue . 

In Taoist alchemy , there is a stage at which you have to train the " Yang Shen' ( a meta-Mind  nourished well by high-quality jing and qi ) , and  the OBE as a process is repeatedly done in many times , in fact ,  in many years ( said to be using 3-year time   to make the 'Yang Shen' grow mature  ) . And , there are many symptoms mentioned and precautions raised to safeguard you  who practice it .  For example , at initial stage, the ' Yang Shen ' should  just stay close over your  head once It left the body   , not floating away ,  you then have to immediately absorb  It inside ; later you allow It to be several feet away from you , then you  let It travel outside of  your  house..etc;  

Other issues like how to safeguard yourself from the occupation of other evil  spirit  while  your 'Yang Shen' is out  and  your body  is like  a host-less house , or why projecting your mind into  a mirror to train your ability of leaving the body  is hazardous....etc  are also addressed.   To Taoist alchemy , OBE  is  a technical issue , not an issue of whether it is real or not because from Taoist theory of Trinity , jing-qi-Shen is  as a whole and are interchangeable ;  physical boundary of a body  looks so real only under certain condition ; Mind/ mind's capability  of  existing outside body is  just a natural conclusion  of  this theory's inner logic ... . Enacting precautions beforehand  is possible because you get a deep  understanding of TCM  and Taoist alchemy .

Note that Taoist interest in OBE is always targeted at  a refined Yang  Mind/ Spirit , very different from the Tibetan Buddhist interest in a yin one after a person's  death .  The value of studying OBE ,  similar to  outer space travel in which leaving our mother planet  forces  us to know more about gravity , time and space , leaving our body forces us to study more about mind , life and time :  for examples , phenomena such as our lifetime is condensed into few seconds and  shown in front of your eyes  or  you find a big Mind behind all small minds..etc .

Taoist alchemy likely is  the most qualified guide to  lead you through the whole  exploration..

Edited by exorcist_1699
  • Like 5

As I read Taoist alchemy is targeted to unite spirit an energy and only after this it deals with out of body practice. The rational for this as I understand is that you should accumulate some energy first and only then its a right moment to make such experience.

Rgrds, Ilya

• Like 1

TECHNIQUE OR METHOD IN THE DAO TO INDUCE A OBE, OR ANY EVIDENCE IN DOASIM ABOUT OBE'S?

Hi Ogasmic 19,

First off have never experienced OBE,or experience in such matters,other than one's personal imagination.

Watched Dr Strange,plenty OBE in that.

Even if one is adept at OBE,fun maybe,to what purpose?

Best case scenario v worst case scenario?

What most people describe online (and what I have personally experienced) is an astral projection, not actually the creation of a separate body and transferring oneself into that body. That is much harder.

If I recall correctly, in 'Llewlelyn Practical Guide to Astral Projection' by Denning/Phillips there is a technique that creates an astral body by projecting 'astral substance' out of the solar plexus and after it is fully created you transfer your consciousness in to that body and travel around the astral plane. I wonder how similar this technique is to ones described in Taoist alchemy?

There is one simple question to understand what your OBE is. How do you understand that the experience you had was real but not your imagination? I think this is a cornerstone moment here. Another one can be discussed after we can have a reply on this.

It is just a change in focus, your consciousness phasing in and out of different realities.

It is like that. This raises the question of:

Q: Where is the mind's real connection

A: Not in the body of course since it is only the most external layer here now for a human being. So where? Find out through correct and determined practice, you'll eventually find the answer to this.

• Like 1

Notes: keep yourself grounded. You don't want a walk-in. My teachers told many stories about OBE their students did and then were coming back to "occupied" dwellings.

This is a MYTH.

Occupations as you call it occur due to:

1. Bad karma

2. Abusing the body/mind via emotions involving consumption of alcohol and other drugs, which in turn weaken the defensive action of the Lung (this spirit spreads the Wei Qi) and astral parasites will enter and lodge themselves in specific locations. The Wood network is a favourite one. But really anything that significantly weakens the Lung network will attract those parasites. Poor diet, stress, excessive sexual activity, etc. will weaken the system and making it prone to invasion. I have personal experience with this and what Bagua practice has dredged out of my Liver. Mind-blowing, frightening, astral parasites as big as white long snakes with sharp teeth, bugs, big bugs, several demon like beings, due to drinking heaps of alcohol when I was a university student and later on a working professional, excessive sexual activity, stress, a weakened Heart, a bloated liver, a clogged Spleen, Lung, poor thing unable to cope with so much sickness, eating fast and at the wrong times, etc. Basically you become a magnet to the baddies who will freely share this 'mansion' with you.

Baguaquan a gift from the Heaven realms! :)

• Like 2

TECHNIQUE OR METHOD IN THE DAO TO INDUCE A OBE, OR ANY EVIDENCE IN DOASIM ABOUT OBE'S?

Meditate for a minimum of 8 h a day or so, the more the better. Relax and let go of your body. Then you'll go to many places, here on Earth, solar system, universe, etc. and other astral planes.

Edited by Gerard
  • Like 1

I have experienced a few. 
All of them were spontaneous.

None of them were by choice or intention. 

I have, through intentional work, come to the threshold a couple of times, i.e. the intense vibration state and the rushing/overwhelming sound phase... but then it shut down.

All but one of them, were transitions from lucid dreams and the one that transpired while completely awake came while I was taking a shower and was doused in water. 

I'm thinking of trying to induce one again using a sensory deprivation tank that is available for rent nearby here. 

• Like 2

Meditate for a minimum of 8 h a day or so, the more the better. Relax and let go of your body.

Is it possible to? I think if you meditate so much time each day your body can become week so that you will harm your health. From the other side nowadays its almost impossible to have so many free time.

Hi, no it doesn't really. You need to eat well though as it requires a lot of energy and supplement sitting with walking meditation (50/50 is safer and aids progression significantly)

The only time I experienced an OBE was while I was high on Ketamine. It was a frightening sensation.

Yes that ketamine helped to open your socially conditioned mind It all starts here (also at home if your parents belong to the controlling type...if they are disfuctional the damage will be tenfold or irreparable):

24yti1k.jpg

It is really another form of obey; control is good for you. Sieg Heil!

Fairies don't exist, children at that age get traumatised when they are humiliated like that.

Then cramming up for exams. It was a horror story for me. Not sure about you guys. School + University + Professional work and all that excessive thinking.

• Like 1

Many techniques, however, whatever they describe on internet is not what my experience had been. However, I assume there are not many cats like me. If I could describe a process, I would. But I don't "do" any techniques, just an intent and off we go... ( but I also had full kundalini blown some years ago, so it's kind of part of the package) 

Hello qicat, when i was a teenager i had experiences of OBE almost everynight. In that period i was doing lot of meditation and energetic techniques that i had found online to energize the body (or astral body). The fact is that most of the times in the moment of the detachment i could see monsters in my bedroom and once one of them (in a rabbit shape) attacked me.  I actually didn't feel pain but it was quite scary. I would like to go to some expert of this matters to check if my energetic body is clean from energetic shit. The fact is that at that time i didn't read anyone saying to protect the body but just about the amazing experience of the journey.

This is a MYTH.

1. Bad karma

2. Abusing the body/mind via emotions involving consumption of alcohol and other drugs, which in turn weaken the defensive action of the Lung (this spirit spreads the Wei Qi) and astral parasites will enter and lodge themselves in specific locations. The Wood network is a favourite one. But really anything that significantly weakens the Lung network will attract those parasites. Poor diet, stress, excessive sexual activity, etc. will weaken the system and making it prone to invasion. I have personal experience with this and what Bagua practice has dredged out of my Liver. Mind-blowing, frightening, astral parasites as big as white long snakes with sharp teeth, bugs, big bugs, several demon like beings, due to drinking heaps of alcohol when I was a university student and later on a working professional, excessive sexual activity, stress, a weakened Heart, a bloated liver, a clogged Spleen, Lung, poor thing unable to cope with so much sickness, eating fast and at the wrong times, etc. Basically you become a magnet to the baddies who will freely share this 'mansion' with you.

Hello Gerard, I don't know which one was my case but i think that it is important to have a master in trying to do OBE because maybe if you are not enough pure or protected you can do bad encounters. 

Taoist alchemy , in fact, looks like a self-induced, but well controlled  death process so as  to search for  the meaning of life : first you stop the fluctuation /activities  of your minds , then you stop your ordinary breathing , then you stop your heart beat...; it is dangerous to do that  through  Western medical knowledge and means  for the Westerners know nothing about  the technique to induce  and control it ( many guys  who  commit suicide  because of losing their girlfriends, hardly can you hear of  anyone does that  in order to explore the secret of  life :- )   ) , not to speak of the need to do the  process  repeatedly so that you gather enough data to explore the issue . 

In Taoist alchemy , there is a stage at which you have to train the " Yang Shen' ( a meta-Mind  nourished well by high-quality jing and qi ) , and  the OBE as a process is repeatedly done in many times , in fact ,  in many years ( said to be using 3-year time   to make the 'Yang Shen' grow mature  ) . And , there are many symptoms mentioned and precautions raised to safeguard you  who practice it .  For example , at initial stage, the ' Yang Shen ' should  just stay close over your  head once It left the body   , not floating away ,  you then have to immediately absorb  It inside ; later you allow It to be several feet away from you , then you  let It travel outside of  your  house..etc;  

Other issues like how to safeguard yourself from the occupation of other evil  spirit  while  your 'Yang Shen' is out  and  your body  is like  a host-less house , or why projecting your mind into  a mirror to train your ability of leaving the body  is hazardous....etc  are also addressed.   To Taoist alchemy , OBE  is  a technical issue , not an issue of whether it is real or not because from Taoist theory of Trinity , jing-qi-Shen is  as a whole and are interchangeable ;  physical boundary of a body  looks so real only under certain condition ; Mind/ mind's capability  of  existing outside body is  just a natural conclusion  of  this theory's inner logic ... . Enacting precautions beforehand  is possible because you get a deep  understanding of TCM  and Taoist alchemy .

Note that Taoist interest in OBE is always targeted at  a refined Yang  Mind/ Spirit , very different from the Tibetan Buddhist interest in a yin one after a person's  death .  The value of studying OBE ,  similar to  outer space travel in which leaving our mother planet  forces  us to know more about gravity , time and space , leaving our body forces us to study more about mind , life and time :  for examples , phenomena such as our lifetime is condensed into few seconds and  shown in front of your eyes  or  you find a big Mind behind all small minds..etc .

Taoist alchemy likely is  the most qualified guide to  lead you through the whole  exploration..

Hello exorcist_1699, do you know any techinique about protecting the body?

What most people describe online (and what I have personally experienced) is an astral projection, not actually the creation of a separate body and transferring oneself into that body. That is much harder.

If I recall correctly, in 'Llewlelyn Practical Guide to Astral Projection' by Denning/Phillips there is a technique that creates an astral body by projecting 'astral substance' out of the solar plexus and after it is fully created you transfer your consciousness in to that body and travel around the astral plane. I wonder how similar this technique is to ones described in Taoist alchemy?

I never heard about the difference of OBE and astral projection but to me they are not very different because in order to have OBE your energetic body (or astral body) has to be quite energized by putting your attention in it otherwise it won't detach. 

Also if really you can produce an astral substance to travel with, how can you travel with it? What part of yourself would go inside of it? How can you detach your consciousness from the others subtler bodies?

• Like 1

This is a MYTH.

1. Bad karma

1. My teacher is a master of Bagua. That's his specialty. Myth or no, so I was told the story:) 

2. What type of Bagua do you do? The parasites you are describing, can you please tell me more on their structure/energy feel, how did you see it first time, etc? Did you do extractions yourself or someone else did? ( I assume this was not a case of overdrinking beings encounters, but in a reasonable stable state?). 

Hello qicat, when i was a teenager i had experiences of OBE almost everynight. In that period i was doing lot of meditation and energetic techniques that i had found online to energize the body (or astral body). The fact is that most of the times in the moment of the detachment i could see monsters in my bedroom and once one of them (in a rabbit shape) attacked me.  I actually didn't feel pain but it was quite scary. I would like to go to some expert of this matters to check if my energetic body is clean from energetic shit. The fact is that at that time i didn't read anyone saying to protect the body but just about the amazing experience of the journey.

Hi Dioni:)

When I was a kid, I was traveling left and right and everywhere. I kind of forgot about this until I got my life changed with all this esoteric stuff and digging deeper I understood I was always like that. Natural talents:) I remember in one recurring dream as a kid I was always trying to get past the electricity wires which were covering the planet. There were a lot of humans, all cramped, all sick, like a concentration camp on global scale, but I would try to get to the wires as close as I can ( they were high up) and try to find a hole. It would burn like hell ( try touching electric wires yourself), but after I would pass through it, it would be me and blue sky and I could fly and do whatever I want. The feeling of the place was so different energetically. 

Being an adult and having read about "the matrix", I think my "kid being" was doing just that - going to hang out "outside". Once you get past pain and fear, it's actually very pleasant. 

but I did do a lot of strange things as a kid. I lately took an inventory of all the "events" and it made me think about 1. What were my parents doing ( i.e. did anybody ever watched me) and 2. I died ( almost? technically I am alive) 5 times before age of 7 and then it all stopped. Did I already pass all 5 gates or is it still work in progress?  Was it Saturn turning? Who knows...

Anyways, OBE is fun if you keep your mind from snapping from fear. If instead of running from fear and pain you actually go ahead ( because it's all in your head anyway. There is really NOTHING and that's all is. I.e. Dao creates whatever you create for yourself ( yourself including all the ancestral programming with boogey monsters and fluffy unicorns))

• Like 1

If you don mind, I have some questions to those who practice OBE - what is the goal of practicing it? Do you learn more somehow from this experience? Do you feel healthier after this practice? Does it help you somehow to understand the matter of life and death? Is there any stable method to do it or it comes spontaneously and uncontrolled?
I ask these questions because I want to understand the rational for this practice.

Rgrds, Ilya

Qicat,

I had the parasites as a result of living a life of extremes as I described in the post. Study the whole night, stressed out, binge drinking, stress in general, overthinking and cramming for exams for over a decade weakened my system and obviously your energetic body becomes a gateway to parasites and other entities. I saw those parasites while walking the circle 4 years after I started, especially when focused on slow, mindful and many circles per direction before changing to the opposite one. They came out and dissolved (bugs similar to cockroaches and very fast moving) others like the snake-like looked silverish with very sharp long fangs. I had to use intent to eliminate these. Sending energy in the form of a lightning bolt, it tookd several attempts before I could get rid of them, it show how persistent they were! It took me a year or so to fully clean my Liver/GB of astral parasites. The demon like entities no idea, I think they quickly left right after I started this sacred art. I don't think they were too happy with all that sacred rotational movement that follows the universal Bagua 'clock.'

It's a pity that modern TCM/the Cultural Revolution has removed the use of Taoist fu and incantations as an additional method of healing. I have with me a healing Fu to clear serious and non-serious skin disease. You write it on the patient's back with a paintbrush and red ink. Leave it for a day and the skin will peel off and a renewed and healthy skin will pop up. Chinese words also need to be recited after drawing the Fu on the skin. Passed on by a Taiwanese Taoist priest to my ex-wife when she was young. This is only one Fu. There are hundreds of this ancient Chinese Shamanic practice.

I do Bagua the way Ma Gui trained (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ma_Gui_(martial_artist) without the added resistance and modified to my personal practice as in:

Dissolve EVERYTHING until nothing is left. A total merging with the One.

Orshavskiy, I don't practice OBE, it just happens sometimes. Maybe others who do can help you with your specific question.

Thanks guys.

With much LOVE.

Your friend always :)

Edited by Gerard
  • Like 2

It's a pity that modern TCM/the Cultural Revolution has removed the use of Taoist fu and incantations as an additional method of healing. I have with me a healing Fu to clear serious and non-serious skin disease. You write it on the patient's back with a paintbrush and red ink. Leave it for a day and the skin will peel off and a renewed and healthy skin will pop up. Chinese words also need to be recited after drawing the Fu on the skin. Passed on by a Taiwanese Taoist priest to my ex-wife when she was young. This is only one Fu. There are hundreds of this ancient Chinese Shamanic practice.

Gerard, thank you for detailed explanation. I am just starting bagua and the one I was taught is mostly for energy gathering ( it is the fastest way to get "charged" from all the methods I have learned so far. However, we were advised not to use it too often ( slow progress is better).

It's good to compare notes with someone who has personal experiences with this stuff. I know if you talk about it "outside", the best you get weird looks and the worst you will be deemed psychotic.

I have a question on "Fu" side. I know a lot of this was removed, but is there any original books on the topic you are aware of? 

Edited by qicat
  • Like 1

Qicat,

You are most welcome!

You'll also be deemed a weirdo in this environment as well by some, there is a mixed bag of practitioners: some serious others not so much.. Simply put: people have no idea what Baguaquan is capable of even the average Bagua people who only focus on form training and martial arts. The benefits come from extremely slow walking near the right tree and from mid to low basin. Plus specific Palm work, namely Shen; i.e. Pierce to Heaven and Stab the Earth. Very esoteric high level Taoist stuff. The tree I work with speaks to me now every day! :) I love to communicate with her she is a very gentle spirit from Brazil (original seeds imported from that country into the local park here in Brisbane).

The Bagua I do is a full opening of all the joints and removal of all mental, emotional and psychic blockages accumulated over many lifetimes, including karmic blockages which give rise to the former. Click and delete work. Also social conditioning and likes and dislikes and personal views that are deeply lodged in joints and specific points alongside the meridians where Qi tends to gather in order to get strength and move along the channel (reservoirs of Qi).

I'm sorry but I don't have access to this sort of information. You probably have to travel to Taiwan to find book on Fu but it will be written in Mandarin. Alternatively get acquainted with a Taiwanese Taoist priest. You'll also need to speak Traditional Mandarin not Simplified since Taiwan is still rooted in Traditional Chinese values unlike the corrupted mainland.

Good luck and blessings :)

Edited by Gerard
  • Like 3

One more thing if Bagua lets you see what trees really look like...more humans than you ever thought plus they are portals to all astral planes. This explains why The Buddha highly recommended meditation next to a tree and forest dwelling:

http://www.accesstoinsight.org/lib/authors/ariyadhamma/bl115.html
http://www.accesstoinsight.org/tipitaka/sn/sn01/sn01.010.irel.html

Several ancient shamanic traditions state that humans were created out of trees:

In every human there is a tree and in every tree there is a human...

http://www.ancient-origins.net/myths-legends-europe/norse-legend-world-tree-yggdrasil-002680

Similar views held by Yunnan ethnic groups:

http://en.yunnantourism.com/content.aspx?id=595384350122

The Druids had a very strong relationship with trees.

Damaging a tree on purpose will infuriate the nature spirits that inhabit the tree or live nearby it since they have a very strong symbiotic relationship with them. They can be very nasty causing you serious harm...if you manage to avoid it bad karma will be generated regardless. Trees are very important piece of Gaia's kingdom.

:)

Edited by Gerard
  • Like 3

Sign in to follow this