Sign in to follow this  
dawei

Questionable Journalism and Fake News

On 12/17/2016 at 11:12 PM, MooNiNite said:

So what is an example of a fake news story that threw thousands of people off?

Just one good example please. 

"The night before, two unnamed officials told the Washington Post that former FBI Director James Comey had requested more resources from the Justice Department for the investigation days before he was fired. Justice Department spokeswoman Sarah Isgur Flores called reports of such a request “totally false,” and that the request “did not happen.”  http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/05/11/fake-news-russia-investigation-is-adequately-resourced-deputy-fbi-director-says/

Really, considering whats going on, does anyone need examples.

The problem is that what serves as a counter balance is labeled by the mainstream news 

as "xxxx" insert what ever,   

"In testimony last Tuesday, Brennan affirmed that after viewing all of the evidence that was available to him on the Russia probe he is not aware of any collusion between Russia and members of Donald Trump’s 2016 presidential campaign." http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/05/30/exclusive-carter-page-investigate-collusion-hillary-obama-admin-russia-fake-news/

and yet there is an investigation, which unfortunately is turning up facts which continue to be ignored until they cant be....The power of the press....not to be underestimated for those that are sheeple.  

Edited by windwalker

Facebook is busted having colluded with democrats the past two presidential elections, they also did the same with australia's 2016 election.  That's seditious here in the USA, and I'm not super familiar with aussielaws, but I'm sure someone in the labor party is going to get in trouble for having used facebook's....ah....."services"....

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-03-25/facebook-approached-australian-political-parties-microtarget-voters

Puts this email in a whole new much more well defined context, now

podesta%20to%20sandberg_0.jpg?itok=vKg_b

I hope FB goes completely into the toilet over this.  Zuk calls it a data breach...pal, your entire platform that you stole is one massive data breach.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-03-25/facebook-has-been-storing-logs-phone-calls-text-messages-years-report

and

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-03-24/zuckerberg-scrambles-calm-facebook-employees

What to see what Facebook has on you (at a minimum)?

1. Goto https://facebook.com/settings 
2. Click "Download a copy of your Facebook data"
3. Wait for automatic email from Facebook
4. Download the ZIP file link in the email
5. Extract it and open 'html/index.htm'

Downloaded my facebook data as a ZIP file

Somehow it has my entire call history with my partner's mum

a historical record of every single contact on my phone, including ones I no longer have

metadata about every text message I've ever received or sent

spoiler: I don't use messenger for SMS

and the metadata of every cellular call I've ever made, including time and duration 😬😬

It's one innocuous thing to take your user data and then let advertisers target you based on known choices of words, and clicks of interest, but it's a whole nuther ball game to subject you to manipulative posts and messages of questionable veracity and edgy content designed to sway your emotions about elections or events or designed to slander some and heap false praise on others. 

and this is why "everyone thought hillary was going to win"

Edited by joeblast
  • Like 1

I created an account on FB many years ago but almost immediately stopped reading and posting on it.  I don't even know why but it was just a feeling that told me I shouldn't be there.

• Like 1

And on the subject of fake news:

Every time I see a picture of Stormy I wonder if I am about to get a snow job or the other kind of job.

She is, and always has been a gold digger.

1 hour ago, joeblast said:

I hope FB goes completely into the toilet over this.  Zuk calls it a data breach...pal, your entire platform that you stole is one massive data breach.

The problem is that it won't.  No accountability, a populace to numb, or really uneducated  to understand their rights, expectations and whats really going on....But  somehow according to the narrative  it's team Trumps fault.

When Trump mentioned that he was being spied on, it was literally the truth people laughed not understanding one of those who knew what was going on alerted him to it.  He and his team promptly vacated trump tower.   A little long but lays out the time line and cast of actors 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zOvDoxMNns

On 12/18/2016 at 12:57 AM, Aetherous said:

Good question.

IFCN/Poynter (partly funded by Soros as seen here where it says Open Society Foundations) has established a code of principles in fact checking, which Facebook is using as a minimum guideline. Poynter's fine print is that Facebook isn't using IFCN as a fact checker, because it's "an alliance of fact checkers" and not one organization...but it's using the "fact checkers" who are IFCN signatories. Who IFCN approves.

In other words, it's using IFCN, funded by Soros.

So, we saw Soros finally striking back with Apple, Facebook, YouTube, and Spotify all censoring or banning Infowars on the same day. I'm actually surprised Twitter didn't join in.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Aetherous said:

So, we saw Soros finally striking back with Apple, Facebook, YouTube, and Spotify all censoring or banning Infowars on the same day. I'm actually surprised Twitter didn't join in.

Because Jack was already in the midst of taking fire for shadow banning, jumping on would have been pouring gas on the anti free speech fire that twatter already has burning

• Like 2

and speaking of fake news, recall that

Obama's NDAA made gov propaganda legal

https://foreignpolicy.com/2013/07/14/u-s-repeals-propaganda-ban-spreads-government-made-news-to-americans/

https://www.businessinsider.com/ndaa-legalizes-propaganda-2012-5

and then HR 5181, one of the last things done before Obama left office, "gave them the ability to combat that propaganda"

https://www.congress.gov/bill/114th-congress/house-bill/5181/text

• Like 1

Fake News or Fake Society ?

I read the Guardian lost 2/3rds of it's paper readers in 10 years.  It changed it's broadsheet format first to mid-sized (Berliner), then down to tabloid size to save costs.   Also got rid of any journalists that cost money, went on line.   Now the Guardian has a very successful online dating website probably making more money that the newspaper.

And so how does Guardian respond ?  Sensationalism.

After Gore Vidal died, who is there left who cares for .... thought ?   

In the 1900s art gallery owners realised that waiting 20 years for an artist to be ready after training in the atelier ... it just takes too long to make big money.   Better to turn a urinal upside down, smear it with elephant dung and sell for $1 Million.   

And so on.

Domesticated animals lose 50% of their brain mass.   They don't need it.   And they don't need real news.

What has been long understood by spiritual teachers is that the human level of consciousness is quite terrifying, and painful, exactly half way between savage and angel, and depending on the season (yuga) the humans will either lobotomise themselves or behead children in order to feel better.

What is degeneration ?

One idea is that the human being is very powerful, able to simultaneously transform many energies, of mind heart and body.   Compare that to a fern, with its simple energy transformation.

If you have a family business owner, a butcher or chcolatierre, many decisions have to be made by the family.   Father, brother, uncle, niece, all working together organising many things.   And family businesses tend to discover unique qualities.   Cocoa beans from a specially fertile plantation in Ecuador.  Or Chocolate presses that are made of Brass because it tastes better.   All the people in this picture have much fertile work to do.

In comes Kraft, the corporation.   Buys up the "brand", and moves manufacturing to its factories.  Every year the shareholders demand 5% more profit, so the brass presses are discarded for steel, the Ecuadorian ingredients binned for palm oil.   

The culture that these products represent is destroyed, a material loss for mankind.   And the jobs are lost too.   All that is left is stacking wharehouses and pressing buttons on machinery.

People who do not live well develop new diseases.   Cancer, immune disorders, mental health, obesity.  Ill through and through.   

The newspapers are afraid of criticizing corporate rule, after all they are run on advertising and so drip fed by big business.   Some stand up to the corporations, write articles about them, by the advertising dries up and they fold.

New professions and industries arrive to "explain it away".   

Words words words words.

After a time, like in Rome, it is difficult to find a single person who you can trust to tell the truth. 

Some people feel something is wrong something terribly terribly wrong.

Fortunately for those courageous, there are other ways.

<bump>...

So from any Bums who use FB and feel inclined to respond... I'm curious. 

Two and a half years since this conversation was started, what are your senses of FB now?

Do you take information from that site as sincere?

20 hours ago, silent thunder said:

<bump>...

Two and a half years since this conversation was started, what are your senses of FB now?

Anybody who uses FB for media coverage... forget it...  whoever uses FB....  forget it... 

• Haha 3

On 6/3/2019 at 10:03 PM, silent thunder said:

<bump>...

I just heard they doxxed a user...I think it was a Buzzfeed reporter who asked for info on someone, and Facebook just gave it to them.

I think FB has sold user data to China.

To me it's the most convenient way to keep in touch with many people. Email and phone isn't the same. So I keep it mostly for that reason.

I've also just started a business, and use it to advertise. So, it's useful in that sense, too...but I've heard stories of businesses suddenly not being able to advertise on there, or being booted for no reason. And the Facebook business pages don't have any real customer support - you can't talk to a human and get something resolved.

I see the Daily Wire on there, and the Washington Times, and get some news that way. I don't view any news source as legitimate or sincere these days.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/3/2019 at 10:03 PM, silent thunder said:

<bump>...

this seemed a timely article:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/the-revolution-will-be-online-how-democrats-are-trying-to-catch-up-to-trump/

The revolution will be online: How Democrats are trying to catch up to Trump

Biden spent $1.2 million on Facebook and Google from late April to early May, compared to Mr. Trump's $924,000, according to data compiled by Bully Pulpit Interactive. And combined, the 2020 Democratic candidates have spent $4.8 million so far on digital. Yet the data doesn't tell the whole story.

On 6/4/2019 at 10:27 PM, Aetherous said:

To me it's the most convenient way to keep in touch with many people. Email and phone isn't the same. So I keep it mostly for that reason.

Messenger is my birth mother's chosen means of "staying in touch." It's what she is comfortable with. 

Also TWR does live teachings from his Facebook account - which I rather enjoy. 

On 6/4/2019 at 10:27 PM, Aetherous said:

I don't view any news source as legitimate or sincere these days.

For awhile I made it an odd sort of practice to recognize when things were written in a particular way to sway opinion. These days I'm generally back to ignoring the news, or at least not actively seeking it out.

And I don't generally like memes, so actually perusing Facebook isn't something I find overly enjoyable and/or entertaining. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Aetherous said:

It's odd, when you quote me I don't get any notification.

I'm a :ph34r: in stealth mode. 

If this doesn't show up, I could sign out (of the anonymous sign in) and sign back in normally to see if it changes anything.. just for curiosities sake. 

5 minutes ago, ilumairen said:

I'm a :ph34r: in stealth mode. 

If this doesn't show up, I could sign out (of the anonymous sign in) and sign back in normally to see if it changes anything.. just for curiosities sake. 

Got a notification for this post.

tenor.gif

• Haha 2

Underlying factors

The Billionaire Economy

The economy is not designed to assist people, it is designed to assist billionaires, and they have friends politicians journalists and lawyers from the ivy league.   Many news organisations have gone bust or will go bust, losing huge proportions of customers in the new economy, and they are responding by sensationalising.   Bending twisting and faking the news, is survival for them.

Society is being deliberately engineered by the powerful to facilitate the billionaire economy, in increasingly deranged ways, millions of people pushed from one country to another, whole value systems created, the history re-written, information created and re-created, representing a desperate struggle on the part of powerful forces to control large parts of mankind.

Damaging the connection humans have to a normal grounded and sane self is a rapid way to achieve these changes, because what is left is a desperate and lost band of people who are easy to manipulate into the new pyramid structure with few taking the wealth of many.

( the mega rich are also lost and desperate, because losing your real-self is in fact torture )

The Urbanisation of Humans

Cut off from the natural environment where they are meant to grow is akin to growing plants in a sterile lab in outer space.  They do not grow well and their faculty of comprehending reality is highly damaged, they live in a fake world, being fake, often under myriad fake psychological defences.   It is not the news that is fake but the people.

I Have No Idea Who I Am

The rise of "identity movements" simply means people no longer recognize who they are because they have been raised unnaturally.   What was supposed to happen during your upbringing did not happen, now you try to loan an identity for one or another group or movement to fill the gap and help you feel alive.

Today arguments are had over even small and simple matters because people do not know the difference between day and night, and take pride in their new confusions.

Protection Through Unconsciousness

I have the sense that the situation in society is interpreted by the human organism as incredibly hostile and become unconscious sheep is seen as the best means to survive, it is a kind of outer death which preserve the inner being.  The false-self-ego is a shield.

The unconscious people see it as existential to destroy anything conscious.

And conscious people see it as existential to retain a conscious world.

Reducing Size of Human Brains and the Empty Castle

In the last 15,000 years the brain has lost the more than 10% of its size, about the size of a tennis ball.

Well .... how long more before we descend to an ape like apocalypse.

Living within the remains of a culture that we no longer understand, a castle bequeathed to us but that we are too stupid to comprehend.

In fact we take pride in not being like our ancestors who built all the useful things we laugh as we decimate our culture.

Violent Adjustment

We are very disturbed and disturbing.

Nature is trying to adapt us, if needs be reducing us to domesticated animals.

( domesticated animals have much smaller brains that their natural cousins )

What Is Never Said

Billionaire economy is never questioned by the media.

Degeneration of human intelligence is never questioned.

Destruction of all natural systems of the earth is never questioned.

Violence and Sexuality is never questioned.

All day long the media argues about what is wrong and what should be done, but never about what is actually wrong and what should actually be done.

It is all a lie.

And people are afraid and hiding.

Edited by rideforever

I just looked up on the "internet" Stevia vs Xylitol ... for some opinions on which natural sweetener is better.

And a million hits turned up, I read through the first 5 or so.   Each one of them seems to be the editors bullet pointing various facts about them, probably just copied out of wikipedia.   They all say the same thing.   There seems to be no personal experience here at all, just data copied from one website to another.

Then at the end ... no conclusion.   Just something like "choose whichever one works for you".

It is complete crap.   

And mindless unconscious human donkeys are writing this stuff.   

All desperate to generate "content".

Fake news is not the problem, just fake people raised in a fake world, cut off from any sense of their own reality.

More Rich News:

- Beto O'Rourke is polling at 2% in Iowa (an 80% drop)... to counteract this dip, he has stepped up his promises and rhetoric:

I Will Prosecute Trump If I Win in 2020   :D

- And says the Mexico deal is overblown... yet he still holds to he is the best candidate to take on Trump... talk about overblown  ;)

- And says If we don't hold Trump accountable, we'll set precedent some are above law... you mean like HRC, Clapper, Comey, Brenner, McCabe, Strzok, Page... I know I'm missing a few :blush:

- Still laughing about Cory Booker's comment that he'd take a female VP running mate... He did not say he would step aside to let a woman win the nomination and even be a VP if wanted.  :P

- Daily Beast reported that Eric and Don Jr. went to an Irish pub and didn't pay the tab...  the restaurant took offense and told them their father's golf course there paid for it.  -_-

- HRC is saying the Mueller report clearly shows Obstruction of Justice... she should know... bleaching phones, deleting emails, damaging hardware...   :lol:

- Maxine Waters said Trump was bluffing on Tariffs... either she's really missing a screw or intentionally lying.   

- Dido for Schumer... :lol:

- someone reported AOC is actually a malfunctioning android. Her endless stream of verbal gaffes and goofs is clearly the result of a poorly programmed algorithm, or perhaps a short-circuit caused by a mishap during an IKEA furniture-building session.   

Because she wants to close the Rikers Island prison complex so she can put solar panels on it to fight climate change   :wacko:

- The DNC is changing rules for how candidates can qualify for debates... only 1 person was affected.... and I thought their goals were to unify and be inclusive... so petting to bump 1 person. :(

- Teflon Joe who is a bit 'hands on' with little kids, plagiarized recently and there's a treasure trove of past times, flipped flipped with days on an issue he stood firmly to for the last 40 (?) years... has his first slide in Iowa.  ;)

- Bernie's not doing so good in polls... I think his loyal base of 2016 has moved on  :)

- On the visit to France, the desperate to find fault news only wants to report Trump slammed Pelosi in an interview but don't want to admit Pelosi showed bad form in starting it.  ^_^

- Also, the press is distraught over Melania wearing sun glasses... I guess those vets wearing one are ok ?  And the Queen was wearing colored glasses instead of clear ones...  That could mean war, yes?  :D

- "Former FBI director James Comey conceded Thursday night that former FBI agent Peter Strzok and his mistress, former FBI lawyer Lisa Page, damaged the Bureau’s reputation through their political partisanship."    And the handling of the HRC email case and leaking FBI taken notes doesn't tarnish the FBI at all   :rolleyes:

- Speaking of Strzok... many look at his comment about 'stop Trump' as damaging... but also, in texts with Page they debated staying in the FBI and try to get to Assistant Director or join team Mueller, to which PS describes joining a team that would lead to Presidential Impeachment... yet he is the same guy who said, there is no there there...   So a guy who believed there was no Russian evidence describes the team (or their intended efforts) to try and get something together to Impeachment.  Impeachment is a political tool... but he told Congress he held no bias :o  And that's not perjury?  ;)    You can't make this up Tom Clancy.:D

Here is our very calm, unbiased, debonair, Special Agent Strzok politely talking to Congress... Definite a Wolf in lamb's clothes.

crazy.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Sign in to follow this