Jim D.

Hillary and Trump

I agree on some level.. it's time to move on past election borrowed rhetoric.

If Trump is smart, he'll settle the Trump U thing quickly to get it out of the way...and he'll likely distance himself from anything about HC investigations.    I'm betting he'll put aside most of the past rhetoric and get down to 'business'... why should we do any less on some level.

Given his divisive post on Twitter last night, it remains to be seen. I seriously doubt he understands the scope of being POTUS. There are stress points that he may not be able to handle in times of crisis and further, he has many potential conflicts of interest that most likely are not in the best interests of this country. Is he vulnerable to blackmail in a future scenario?

Edited by ralis

Conflicts of interest and blackmail? Given the funding of everyone else and their utter indebtedness to interests, you're worried about HIM? I mean I'm sure anybody with money at that level has "potential conflicts of interest" -- potential is the word. Is he vulnerable in the future? Short of crystal ball reading, who knows, but anybody could be vulnerable in the future.

The guy's first and primary focus is actually dealing with some of the most corrupting influences in government -- something so out of hand it's insane and thank the gods someone wants to address it.

I'm pretty sure that there will be many sources trying to dog his every imaginable step or effort and bring it down, rather than support something positive finally getting done -- the news seems to be trying to START a race war -- but given it's done now, I'm as willing to support his positive efforts as I was Obama's. And that was a total freaking disaster, he's done worse than GWB at all the very things he allegedly was voted in to change. But I'm hoping that DT does better at the "change" thing.

The reality is, if he accomplishes even part of some of the things on his '100 days' list, even after 4 years, he will have accomplished stuff I consider hugely important. If he can keep from behaving like a lunatic until that's over, it would be nice.

RC

• Like 1

Given his divisive post on Twitter last night, it remains to be seen. I seriously doubt he understands the scope of being POTUS. There are stress points that he may not be able to handle in times of crisis and further, he has many potential conflicts of interest that most likely are not in the best interests of this country. Is he vulnerable to blackmail in a future scenario?

I get it but I don't speculate as such... I'm in 'wait and see' mode.   Too many checks and balances, staff and departments, etc.

I'm allow the next phase to play out and I think we'll see a different Trump but likely more the business man.   JMO.

• Like 1

Conflicts of interest and blackmail? Given the funding of everyone else and their utter indebtedness to interests, you're worried about HIM? I mean I'm sure anybody with money at that level has "potential conflicts of interest" -- potential is the word. Is he vulnerable in the future? Short of crystal ball reading, who knows, but anybody could be vulnerable in the future.

The guy's first and primary focus is actually dealing with some of the most corrupting influences in government -- something so out of hand it's insane and thank the gods someone wants to address it.

I'm pretty sure that there will be many sources trying to dog his every imaginable step or effort and bring it down, rather than support something positive finally getting done -- the news seems to be trying to START a race war -- but given it's done now, I'm as willing to support his positive efforts as I was Obama's. And that was a total freaking disaster, he's done worse than GWB at all the very things he allegedly was voted in to change. But I'm hoping that DT does better at the "change" thing.

The reality is, if he accomplishes even part of some of the things on his '100 days' list, even after 4 years, he will have accomplished stuff I consider hugely important. If he can keep from behaving like a lunatic until that's over, it would be nice.

RC

Trump has business interests in Russia and many parts of the world. Given his narcissism, he may put business interests first which must be taken into consideration. He has stated that he will turn over all his business interests to his son to run the family business which is not a blind trust and may leave him open to conflicts of interest.

In my business, I have had clients that show the same behavior patterns. Several still owe me large amounts of money. Two were lawyers.

I don't trust him whatsoever!

I get it but I don't speculate as such... I'm in 'wait and see' mode.   Too many checks and balances, staff and departments, etc.

I'm allow the next phase to play out and I think we'll see a different Trump but likely more the business man.   JMO.

I will wait and see and hope he will be held accountable!

Addendum;

The so called checks and balances are diminished given that Republicans hold the power in all three branches, with an agenda to dismantle everything they loath.

I have been around long enough to know who I can trust and I don't trust any of them. They are all weak minded fools!

Edited by ralis

In my business, I have had clients that show the same behavior patterns. Several still owe me large amounts of money. Two were lawyers.

That happens if you leave streaks on their windows, or don't get the corners.

• Like 1

RC

One thing to note is the obstructionism against Obama by a Republican held Congress. Mitch McConnell stated many times they would just say no to what Obama wanted. That is a matter of record.

I would cry if I'd spent 24/7 for two years running and lost horribly and unexpectedly. But I'm not running for president.

I suspect if male candidates cry they do it privately LOL. And choose friends who don't promptly go share their private phone calls with people who announce it on the news.

I don't know that it's fair to call her a whole litany of insulting names because she called her best friend and cried about losing, regardless of what she said while sobbing.

I find it unnecessary and disappointing that people are 'sore winners' as well as sore losers.

RC

• Like 3

One thing to note is the obstructionism against Obama by a Republican held Congress. Mitch McConnell stated many times they would just say no to what Obama wanted. That is a matter of record.

I wonder how many times Monica said that to Bill ?

• Like 1

279 + 11 =290

That's what I call "landslide"!

EPIC WIN!

Trump is noticeably behind in popular vote. I guess largely due to California and New York.

Trump is noticeably behind in popular vote. I guess largely due to California and New York.

So instead of the electorate that results in only 12 important states calling it, we should go to the popular vote and 2 states can call it :wacko:  

• Like 1

So instead of the electorate that results in only 12 important states calling it, we should go to the popular vote and 2 states can call it :wacko:  

No, dahlink. If it goes to the popular vote, women call it. We're the majority.

If we leave electoral it would need to be either measured by landmass or measured by 1-per-state.

RC

Would you also completely blame it on others like Hillary did?

Because that was the point of the video:

Hillary's typical narcissist behavior.

1. We have no idea what she really said. Someone, told someone else, who told someone else on a news show that lives on ratings and is happy to see her in the mud. This is third person at best! It should never have even been on television. It's completely inappropriate to pass 3rd or more generation gossip as if it's news or something.

All you have to do is listen to this guy while imagining that he's talking like a teenage valley girl and you realize he actually IS, he just doesn't have the lingo/accent.

2. When someone is having one of the biggest upsets of their recent life and they are sobbing helplessly, they are very likely to feel angry at anybody they feel contributed to failure, or didn't help as much as expected. This is called human nature, not some kind of psychopathy.

I do not disagree for a minute she's pathological, I simply find it injust that this is used as an example. :-)

RC

Edited by redcairo
  • Like 1