TheSunTheMoonTheStars

Observations on Invisibility for Self Defense

I guess he is not serious about teaching, otherwise he would be here defending his techniques/agenda.

Edited by ralis
  • Like 1

You sound like the kind of  person who thinks that Carlos Castaneda was making stuff up, or that the yogis who achieved the superhuman powers were hallucinating. 

I've checked into the whole Carlos Castaneda thing (read all his original books and looked into his Tensegrity practices), and he probably was making a bunch of stuff up. I won't go into a lengthy 'convincing attempt' though, but if you want to know for yourself, really do some research. Wizards bend the mind. I am not saying he wasn't a wizard.

• Like 1

If OP is serious about offering his technique for pay, then he should offer a long time member here who we all trust the technique for free (at first), and if it works, then that person pays up and says that it worked to other members.

• Like 1

If OP is serious about offering his technique for pay, then he should offer a long time member here who we all trust the technique for free (at first), and if it works, then that person pays up and says that it worked to other members.

Excellent idea!

Excellent idea!

In principle yes, but I doubt that any such member is ready to spend $ 700 even if the technique works. And what about their effort to systematically test the technique and report the results here? Personally, I would volunteer for such an experiment only if it was free of charge.

In principle yes, but I doubt that any such member is ready to spend $ 700 even if the technique works. And what about their effort to systematically test the technique and report the results here? Personally, I would volunteer for such an experiment only if it was free of charge.

I wasn't exactly serious given the problem with the OP. I would not pay a dime for it.

• Like 1

I would pay if it really worked....Small price to pay for something that neat. Honestly though, in most situations, it would be like a fancy toy. Not neccessary, just like g'tummo, for example (i.e. you can just wear a nice jacket instead)

• Like 1

I would pay if it really worked....Small price to pay for something that neat. Honestly though, in most situations, it would be like a fancy toy. Not neccessary, just like g'tummo, for example (i.e. you can just wear a nice jacket instead)

What I meant was that I don't believe what he is selling works. He has refused to identify himself as well as not coming back on and defending his technique.

Okay, I would first want to determine how well it worked. Then we would talk about the prize.

As well as the student is able to manifest, I imagine... any of you could accomplish what is offered by simply holding the proper intention and letting it change and guide you. Letting a supposed price get in the way is no different than letting your ego hold you back. Double edged sword indeed.

• Like 1

As well as the student is able to manifest, I imagine... any of you could accomplish what is offered by simply holding the proper intention and letting it change and guide you. Letting a supposed price get in the way is no different than letting your ego hold you back. Double edged sword indeed.

The price was not all he was asking for.

The price was not all he was asking for.

Why should anything related to him prevent you from following your destiny?

We are all destined to become the universe.

• Like 1

O.K. If you want to see something disappear, I will give you a P.O. Box # to send your hard earned money to...and you could probably right it off. Let's call it the Jim D. Charity Fund for future  guys and gals who are really wondering if the Invisible man's gig works. This way when this guy fleeces you, I can be your payee with stipulation to pay myself a fee when you ask for your money back out of the Charital Fund account I wll have for me in some off shore account. Oh, by the way my fee will be $700.00 for holding your money for you as the trustee of your Charital Fund account that was in my name to begin with. When you ask me where the money went to I wll tell you that it disappeared.

I remember asking a kid on my block if he wanted to see me make a dollar disappear. Of course, he said yes. So, I asked if he had a dollar on him. He said, yes. Can I see it I asked. He said, sure. I took the dollar from him, and asked him to watch very closely. As he watched the dollar very closely, I put it in my pocket, and said, as I walked away,...See ya!

Why are you guys stil talking about this con man?

Jim D.   :huh:

I do not see what the fuss is all about.

I've always been able to sort of fade in the background, never made much of it, never thought about it either. until reading this thread.

It became a useful tool when I was working as a child psychologist in a school for kids 4-12 years old. sitting in the back of a classroom, or in the gym. just observing behavior, interactions. Now with children one may say it's easy, but the teachers forgot about me too. and in general teachers become very self-conscious when someone is looking at their behavior. Remember a time that they brought the tea for the adults around and they were skipping me, so I spoke up and said. Am i allowed to have a cup of tea too?

eh...oh, you're still here  :P

some of the kids were a little 'harder' to fool, they could just in an instant become aware of me, I then put a finger on my lips and winked, then we had a secret together. They then forgot about me again.

More back to the original post, i'm no fighter and never will be, but still...

In my younger years i was the girlfriend of a dope-dealer. We had been to Amsterdam, two guys and me to buy a block of hashish. Contrary to our normal routine i said, give it to me, i'll take care of it. They trusted my hunches.

We we're probably tipped to the police by someone, the cops came, we had to get out of the car etc. And it was so much of the stuff that even our lenient dutch cops would have problems with it.

I was standing there, dope was in the pocket of my jacket, my hand on it. I looked at the situation, decided i better get out of it  and slowly walked out of it, no fuss at all.

cops did not seem to notice it.

My friends were taken to the policestation, everything was looked at but only a small amount of dope for daily use was found and confiscated, but that little carried no threat of legal measures.  so later in the night they were set free.

Now reading this thread it's really simple. When you're observing only, not attached to the situation at all, then you just fade in the background. In self defense this is probably a big step harder to do, but that may be the underlying principle,

Bes

• Like 7

Well said!

Much of my life I've had an odd relationship to external acknowledgement. People unable to hear things I would share, and so on. I pretty much chalked it up to awkward lack of timing and poor social skills. These same things ended up getting me noticed rather well for farting in the classroom and eating healthy food for lunch, and so on.

At some point I guess I started merging with better timing, and learning to dissolve my awkward intensity. I might encourage a person in some way, knowing they would really like X, only to see them forget about it... until a month later someone else would tell them about it and I'd hear how happy they were to have found it. At first I felt mildly jilted, but then I began to realize this was resonant with LaoZi's concept of the sage doing things such that people think they did it themselves. And how this can be quite the blessing, allowing one to flow freely without the dangerous bonds Zhuangzi speaks of.

Along the way I found a teacher and a class, and began exploring cultivation work. Many experiences. Among them, one day I felt as though my consciousness had sunk rather deeply within myself as we were standing, listening to some instructions. Then as we repositioned to do a form, someone walked over to fill the space I was in, and would have bumped into me if he had not become aware of me all of a sudden. He was clearly surprised that he had not noticed me. It was a little thing, but it seemed related to my energetic state that day.

In any case, this thread reminds me a lot of hexagram 15. People find it easy to see what they want to see, especially when the truth becomes obscured. This becomes rather poignant in terms of the potential what is empty on the surface has in navigating any obstacles (line 5).

• Like 1

Its good to position oneself in a low visibility position, such as the back of a room, and then amplify the effect using one's mind. That is practical invisibility.

But I do think most people interested in the siddhi of invisibility are referring to techniques such as mudras and intonations which would render them unseen even if they stood directly in front of everyone or walked down an open corridor.

• Like 1

I once experimented with an invisibility technique I read about in a book by Lee Carroll's Kryon. It's about weaving a "cocoon" of rainbow colours all around one's body. I was also ingesting zinc elixir from Pegasus Products, which is said to have such an effect too.

Somewhen around that time, I sat next to a small river, eating a snack. A man came down to the river to wash his dog; neither of them seemed to notice me, even though I was sitting just a couple of meters away from them on the other side of the river. Eventually I stood up and greeted the guy, and quite startled him! I was surprised too, as I just couldn't imagine that he still hadn't noticed me, sitting there so close to him for ten minutes or so.

• Like 2

Back in the 70's if you had just "dobbie" or less, you're going down for 10 years...no day for day. The fine was petty steep too.

Look, people don't notice you because they have other things on their mind, like their dogs, or resentments, or what they just read, or the economy, or whatever. It's not because your invisible. No! It is because your are not all that important. Or people are just too way into themselves to notice you. And if you had a low profile, you blended in with the environment.

When I was in Tampa, Florida on a business vacation in the 70's, my bosses thought it would be funny to take me to a comedy club, where this comedian had a reputation of "setting you out" and then ripping on you. They told me that he had done this to the wrong person, and the guy got on the stage and smacked comedian in the face. Well, when it came my turn "to get the treatment," my bosses made sure I sat in the front row pretty close to this comedian. The comedian noticed me, and kept looking back at me during his routine. But he never said a word to me...because I stared at him.

So, do you think it was my chi he picked up on, or my visibility, or his ability to read my demeanor that read, don't try and get cute with me?

Look, I was like you at one time in my life. I relate to trying to be different and special...unique...in a club of my own, in my head. But ask yourself, is that what Taoism, Buddhism, or any kind of "ism" is all about?

Folks, get over yourselves and maybe you might experience Tao.

JD

well, it certainly was the business of those cops to notice me. I was sitting in the car they were getting at and it was a wellknown way of transporting larger amounts of drugs to give them to a nice looking girl ( yeah...that was me in those days  :D )

and those guys were pointedly looking for a drugs find. ( they've sort of ruined the car looking for it ....)

but still I could just walk away from the scene, and never made much of it.

I'm no daoist, nor a buddhist, 

just a bum  ;)

• Like 3

Here are the paraphrased questions that he asked me.

1. Promise not to share the technique on a public forum.

2. How you ever committed a crime including; theft, rape, drug dealing, criminal trespass and so forth?

3. Agree to use this in an ethical manner?

4. Provide full name, DOB, a photo of myself for a criminal background check and psychic investigation.

All the above is way out of line! Obviously I refused to give him any personal identification or answer any of his questions which are none of his business.

Edited by ralis
  • Like 4

Wow!  And it all started with he works in a prison. Before I worked inside the prison system,  IDOC ran a security check on me. I don't know what they look for outside of a criminal record, but I would imagine that the government can get anything they want on you. I remember when I was skip tracing someone I was looking for I went to someone in the Sherif's Department for help. I was given the information I was seeking.

So, ralis, you did the right thing.  I like the Joker picture. Do you remember how the Joker made the pencil disappear in the last Movie? What was the guys name? He was in Broke Back Mountain. He is dead now. I think he was also in Monster Ball. Good film.

We had a long discussion regarding Kan Sasaki of Kunlun and his invisible technique. Here are a few photos. The discussion went on for pages without clear resolution.

9185700.jpg

9071365.jpg

3260430.jpg

9607595.jpg

8461101_orig.jpg

Edited by ralis

Wow!  And it all started with he works in a prison. Before I worked inside the prison system,  IDOC ran a security check on me. I don't know what they look for outside of a criminal record, but I would imagine that the government can get anything they want on you. I remember when I was skip tracing someone I was looking for I went to someone in the Sherif's Department for help. I was given the information I was seeking.

So, ralis, you did the right thing.  I like the Joker picture. Do you remember how the Joker made the pencil disappear in the last Movie? What was the guys name? He was in Broke Back Mountain. He is dead now. I think he was also in Monster Ball. Good film.

I have caught more flak on here from people who don't have a clue as to what 'The Joker' archetype stands for. It is very ancient.

Heath Ledger's role as the Joker was one of the great roles ever.

Edited by ralis
  • Like 1

Looks like tracers to me. You know like an LSD trip...mine. By the way, "it has been brought to the attention of the Newcomer Board that I have been posting so much, that pages are being added to wherever I post, which means other posters are having trouble posting because of the numerous pages they have to go through to post. I have been asked to place my postings on other more appropriate sub forums and/or apply for a PPD. What does that mean in practice?

Help ,

JD