Sunya

an opinion of the Kunlun method

Everything that is gained can also be lost.

True. After all, we are fully enlightened, radiant, all-knowing, divine beings by nature, yet people walk around completely oblivious to this fact.

The other side has a big influence on what level of ability you are capable of. It does not give many chances in one lifetime.

You must earn your enlightenment.

Edited by Mantra68

he is even robbed of what little dignity he had left by having it stolen from

him by a storyteller

who claims that he was ignorant and without willpower and ability to steer

his own self

that a man with an addict story took drugs and mixed it with sex

and that this was the womans fault. she lured him into it, the witch.

driven by his blinding urge for sex? hello dolly dolly dolly?

i just fall on my back in utter disappointment.

go on for hours and hours....dragonboy?

i had our charts made, they were quite compatible, it seem astrology must be

dolly dolly too.

btw. your friend came and took an astral check of me while i was sleeping.

thats how vain i am.

Edited by rain

If he was able to lose it and not retrieve it then he never had a full understanding of what he was doing.

Absolutely! If he didnt have the competency to take care of his healing abilities I would say it was just luck that he got them in the first place.

Absolutely! If he didnt have the competency to take care of his healing abilities I would say it was just luck that he got them in the first place.

No.

He did the work and earned his ability. He just failed to see what he was getting himself into. In the state of openness, mixed with shamanic medicines, he was robbed and he didn't realize it until afterwards.

Just because you have something like healing ability doesn't mean that others can't take the life force you use to power the ability.

These things are not just your own creation, they are also allowed by the other side. If you abuse the gifts you have been given they can be permanently removed from you.

We are constantly being tested by the presentation of choice. Choose poorly and you can pay a big price.

wait a sec...

if he cannot restore his power again, it can either be one of two

1. the girl was highly trained

2. the power wasn't his

if you master your power, you can call it back, even if it's stolen. it's yours. and if you cannot do that, you can always create another. but that means you are in perfect understanding of chi...

and chi is not bioelectricity, nor heat, nor light, nor magnetism...

:rolleyes:

Men have a limited amount of life essence. Women have an unlimited amount. When we ejaculate we open ourselves and drain. In that moment, you are vulnerable, so you must be sure you are with a good person.

The succubus concept comes from this scenario.

She too will have a price to pay for her actions.

Ok, so Mantra68 just trotted out a not-so-nice story...

Keep in mind that the spiritual giants amongst us attract a lot of not-so-nice people that are quite frankly out to get them with all the not-so-nice energy that they have at their disposal.

Buddha survived assassination attempts, Krishna was literally dodging arrows in a major civil war until a hunter finally killed him, Gandhi was killed by a vegetarian, and Jesus was not well received either.

That applies to the rest of us... to the extent that people like us have been born with more openness, sensitivity, and curiosity than the rest of the population, to that extent we have attracted greater negativity even during our childhoods.

The Bhagavad Gita likens the whole situation to a battlefield. But it's not that people are evil, but rather all this functions like the weather... high positivity attracts negativity.

We need to find good practices that can lift us up and to protect us as well. Not everyone will succeed in both of those endeavors even with the very best practices and the very best teachers available.

In the end, it's all good... but in the now, there's definitely an edge.

These things are not just your own creation, they are also allowed by the other side. If you abuse the gifts you have been given they can be permanently removed from you.

Yes, but still, if abused his gifts he hasnt really learned how to use them, and take care of them. I agree that if you misuse your healing ability they can be taken away from you. I have experienced this myself many times and I had to work my way back. It is part of the learning process. But his experience is still an indication that he hasnt really learned the skill good enough, he wasnt fully aware of what he was doing. This learning process goes on for lifetimes and slowly we build our competency and ability work with the so-called "other side".

I understand the gift concept, and the surrender concept. It's just another way of doing things, why not. But for me the major interest is in spiritual independence. I kinda craved that subconsciously since I was like in dipers. And one of my teachers say if you attained spiritual independence, you can have what you want. But if you don't, no matter how high the gifts are, they are usually lost or stolen.

So this is one point where I really apreciate Zen theory and practice. This is what is vital, besides everything else. Of course I won't say independence is acheived in an instant. But I think it's the best way to go.

So... if we put your little story in the proper frame, it may really show something.

That's the problem these days, no matter how fancy my truth is, if you put it in another frame, it looks more like a lie.

:lol:

Oh, and one more thing: I had so much about Kunlun on this forum, that I would really apreciate some change. How about, maybe, tell us more about the other practices Max was involved in. That'll cheer me up a bit

This description of Kunlun as a fire method explains quite succinctly why it seems so different to my path. I've refrained from commenting on Kunlun since joining this site because;

a. I recognize that different individuals sometimes require different methods.

b. There is a long tradition in Taoism of different schools using these different means to reach the same end.

c. The acquisition of power is not inherently wrong.

d. In my experience, unless you've tried something, you can't really know what it is.

While I see that many of the Kunlun folks disagree that it's a fire method, the focus on acquiring abilities seems to be a very frequently mentioned goal of the work. In fact it seems enlightenment, or union with the Tao is something that is thought will be achieved in it's own natural way once sufficient levels of "ability" have been secured.

My path is exactly the opposite, wherin the idea of working towards union with Tao, or insight comes first, and abilities are a fringe benifit... one that we are even encouraged to suppress or ignore.

Leaving the Fire/Water dicotomy aside (which frankly is foreign to me in the way it's being used in this discussion anyway), does this seem an accurate assesment, or am I missing something?

Edited by nightwatchdog

The lady that abused the sacred plant to obtain healing energy in an onorthodox manner will reap what she sowed. Easy. It doesnt look good for her.

Edited by minkus

My path is exactly the opposite, wherin the idea of working towards union with Tao, or insight comes first, and abilities are a fringe benifit... one that we are even encouraged to suppress or ignore.

Your path is exactly what Max teaches. This method brings you right to that union with Tao and we are taught that if phenomena occur to just ignore them and not become attached in any way. They are just side effects.

Kunlun actually works on a level beyond yin & yang. It is a magnetic experience. Simultaneously hot and cool at first and then after you have realigned body, mind and spirit, divine void.

Abilities are just seen as milestones in your progress. If you experience a certain thing it is because you have attained a certain level.

Hi All,

I received the book and started practicing. Did not have any dramatic experiences except slight vibration in the leg. My problem is that my hands begin to hurt after 10 minutes or so and I move them closer to my body to support. After a while, I re-adjust my hands and move them slightly away so that they don't touch the body. Is this what is hindering my experience? Is an absolutely still posture required? Did anybody's hands ache as well?

Your path is exactly what Max teaches. This method brings you right to that union with Tao and we are taught that if phenomena occur to just ignore them and not become attached in any way. They are just side effects.

Thanks for explaining your view. This is good advice, and very true.

In my experience abilities are illusory in nature, and thus are no different than any of the other games we play in this world, as we dance around pretending we are not enlightened. They are just more baggage that must be shed.

:)

Thanks for induging me. I'll keep quietly reading and trying to learn more.

SiliconValley,

Welcome to taobums! I'm not a Kunlun expert, but I wouldn't worry about the details just stay as still as comfortable, as long as comfortable and call it a day. Weird movements can happen but don't worry about it if they don't. If you enjoy the practice, then pursue it. Consider going to a workshop at some point.

Yoda

Hi All,

I received the book and started practicing. Did not have any dramatic experiences except slight vibration in the leg. My problem is that my hands begin to hurt after 10 minutes or so and I move them closer to my body to support. After a while, I re-adjust my hands and move them slightly away so that they don't touch the body. Is this what is hindering my experience? Is an absolutely still posture required? Did anybody's hands ache as well?

Yep i have the same problem with the aching hands, when you notice that your hands are getting tired, yust keep repositioning them in the correct pose, you will surely feel where the feeling is strongest and also when correct .. i mostly keep them a littlebit away from the body by default.

If your arms/hands get waaay to tired then you can rest a bit in the cooldown position .. thats what i do. I dont know if its good to start over with the kunlun 1 posture after you have done this. Maybe anyone here knows ?

I think the hands ache caused by a combination of being long in 1 position and the energy flying trough them :) yust a guess.

The posture of lvl 1 starts still but after a while its gonna get harder to ignore the spiralling of your back and the jumping movement of the legs :) certainly in the beginning.

If you wonna be 100% sure then ask Mantra, im no pro .. do the excercises yust as you :)

Edited by minkus

Relax. Smile. Let go of all your mental preconceptions of how Kunlun is supposed to be or if you are doing it right. Don't expect your experiences be certain way - everyone is unique with thier own stuff to resolve.

Relax. Smile. Let go of all your mental preconceptions of how Kunlun is supposed to be or if you are doing it right. Don't expect your experiences be certain way - everyone is unique with thier own stuff to resolve.

Ow yes the quote above from smile is even the most important !

Kunlun as mentioned is a formless form, a spontanious qigong.

The energy knows where to go and where to "operate", you will follow automatically after you put yourself in the (divine) baseposition of kunlun 1.

Take on the form, then let go, the more you let go .. the more it will start to do its work.. your body will follow.

Do kunlun first, think about it afterwords :)