Sunya

an opinion of the Kunlun method

relax, i only joke!

anyway,

i think Kunlun is a good practice. water? no, atleast not for level 1. but I personally see nothing wrong with fire. the "cool down" part could provide sufficient grounding.. but if not then further grounding techniques should be implemented. i got the book, but... i agree with Cameron that it needs to be refined. Mantra told me they are rewriting the book so I look forward to that.

I don't remember a story about Max "shooting out" at any point.

The way this method is being taught is absolutely fine. Historically, it was whispered in a bamboo tube and you were left to figure it all out YOURSELF. No support and no "expert" analysts giving their outside opinions. Just go and do.

What I find interesting is it is the people who do not do Kunlun that are generating fear around it. My experience is that it is a very smooth process.

In fact, I just sat in with the women's group tonight and it was amazingly harmonious. We started with some standing practice to charge up and then went into Kunlun. I have never been to the place I went to while standing with the group. My energy opened up and I expanded into a much larger form. It was incredible and the magnetic radiance filled the room.

Once we started Kunlun, the scintillating bliss started to rise like champaign bubbles, smoothing out my energy along the way. Then I felt my spirit move down into my body to fill the places it is normally reluctant to enter. Gone were the little tensions and the tightness in my chest. I could trace every restriction to its source and release them. I was left feeling like a clear empty body of light with cool waves of energy emanating in every direction.

I understood what Max has been telling me, that it is the magnetic energy that kicks in with Kunlun; not so much about fire and water. I also realized that it is almost exactly like sex in that we don't worry about fire and water when we get our groove on, we just get our groove on and go with the FEELING.

Does anyone consider whether the energy you generate during sex is going to be too yin or yang? I doubt it because, as you know, the orgasm that you experience is magnetic in nature. Scintillating magnetic expansion.

Activating your Kunlun energy is exactly the same but on a higher, lighter, more divine level.

In that state, all discussion about "Kunlun" becomes absurd. First, because words can't do justice to the experience you are having and secondly because you find yourself in an incredibly timeless, familiar personal place of knowing that everyone has and it doesn't matter AT ALL whether you try to share it or not because you know that eventually everyone will find themselves in that same place.

It is as if you are just a wave that has descended from individuality back down to merge with the ocean where you then realize that none of the waves are separate from the whole. All is ocean.

So,I encourage everyone to rely on direct experience, not my words. All I know is my experience. You need your own to really understand.

Edited by Mantra68

Chris Mantra

I sent you PM and asked some questions on the forum but i dont know if you received them or want to answer??

Check your PM if you dont know you received a PM!

WYG

well said, mantra.

seems like you had a great experience with the women's group.

if you will recall, at the second LA workshop, the men tried to form their group. one guy took everyone's info and said he would contact. maybe he did. but not me.

i understand the reasons for keeping separate at first, but am finding myself wanting people to practise with here in LA.

Any suggestions?

well said, mantra.

seems like you had a great experience with the women's group.

if you will recall, at the second LA workshop, the men tried to form their group. one guy took everyone's info and said he would contact. maybe he did. but not me.

i understand the reasons for keeping separate at first, but am finding myself wanting people to practise with here in LA.

Any suggestions?

The men are meeting this Wednesday. I have not been involved with their group thus far, but I plan on attending along with the incredible Golden Phoenix and magical Dakini.

I am excited to see how things are going. The chicks will really stir up the energy.

PM your name to me and I will send you the info.

no doubt they will.

i sent you a pm, but don't really know if i did it right or if it worked.

thought i'd double the effort with this message.

fanx.

The men are meeting this Wednesday. I have not been involved with their group thus far, but I plan on attending along with the incredible Golden Phoenix and magical Dakini.

I am excited to see how things are going. The chicks will really stir up the energy.

PM your name to me and I will send you the info.

Oh?

My bad Chris.

It's possible I misunderstood what you were saying to me with the bagpipes in the backround of my apartment and really strange sensations in my body.

Ummm...sooo..everything is totally fine!

Seriously..so far I am the only one who stopped sleeping it seems so I am prepared to admit the possibilty that I am just a Kunlun freak...or even just a freak in general :lol:

Oh?

My bad Chris.

It's possible I misunderstood what you were saying to me with the bagpipes in the backround of my apartment and really strange sensations in my body.

Ummm...sooo..everything is totally fine!

Seriously..so far I am the only one who stopped sleeping it seems so I am prepared to admit the possibilty that I am just a Kunlun freak...or even just a freak in general :lol:

i'm glad that the practice is working so well for you.

you said you've been doing this for 12 years, what have you tried and with what success?

mikael

I started with Zen..same as Mantra..and moved on to qigong..some Healing Tao..back to Zen...back to qigong..found my way here..been an active member here for the last 3 years..you could probably do a search for the posts I have made here over the past 3 years and get better feedback that I can fit into a post.

I also have my jounral here on the practice jounrals..that would be somewhere you can go to read about my misadventrues..pretty much most of what I am up to cultivaiton wise is on there.

God, it is hard to read antagonistic posts when your middle dan tien is opened up. Can you guys please try to be more civil with each other.

Of all the people in the world interested in these things, only a few of us are here communicating with each other. We should be more gracious and less inclined to strike (I too have had my moments in the past).

After all we are talking about opening ourselves up to the divine within. The most beautiful experience imaginable.

We all want the same thing. Be nice.

Hey Chris!

There is a cool, fun restaurant/club literally like across the street from the Vision Quest Bookstore called Sugar Daddy's. If you want, Yoda has offered to treat you and Max to whatever you like to eat. They also have live bands play there often..there will be no hate between different Tao clans in my town!!

link

Chris doesn't mention this on the Kunlun flyer but Max "shot out" for 6 months after learning Kunlun. If I can get my stuff somewhat together by the Phoenix workshop that will be 2 months for me..I can't afford 6 months :lol:

You are referring to a story I told you about a former student who tripped out into the Tao for 6 months and then finally came back around. I believe he may have mixed the practice with drugs.

A big price to pay, but on the positive side he is ok now and has incredible healing ability.

Max had another student who was a former meth addict who had developed an incredible healing ability. He was working with kids with cancer, pulling people out of comas and doing wonderful work.

He even went through an intense ceremony which included standing in one spot from sunset to sunrise without moving. He was really amazing and so grateful for the good he was able to do.

Then he met a girl who had done a weekend retreat to become a shaman and she talked him into doing an Ayuhuasca ceremony. He did and during the ceremony they started having sex. As he opened himself up she absorbed 80% of his life force and exchanged it with 80% of her crap energy. She knew what she was doing and took his ability and left him with her misery.

He could no longer heal others and distraught, returned to being a drug addict. He will not be able to generate again for this lifetime.

The other side doesn't give you many chances. That is why you must be very careful when you start these kinds of things in terms of what and who you mix your practice with.

Keep it pure and surround yourself with good people.

Edited by Mantra68

My original post on this matter has been edited to reflect the new evidence.

And this is my "official pubic really, not kidding" last post on Taoist Discussion this year. You can find me on my personal discussion for chats where no insults and egotism will be tolerated.

Or on my email..or you can call me..or I will just see you in Phoenix in 2 weeks..where Yoda is eager to buy you dinner!

Then he met a girl who had done a weekend retreat to become a shaman and she talked him into doing an Ayuasca ceremony. He did and during the ceremony they started having sex. As he opened himself up she absorbed 80% of his life force and exchanged it with 80% of her crap energy. She knew what she was doing and took his ability and left him with her misery.

Wow, that`s messed up...

Then he met a girl who had done a weekend retreat to become a shaman and she talked him into doing an Ayuasca ceremony. He did and during the ceremony they started having sex. As he opened himself up she absorbed 80% of his life force and exchanged it with 80% of her crap energy. She knew what she was doing and took his ability and left him with her misery.

Maybe this is why its better to develop insight and wisdom rather than supernormal energy powers. Wisdom and insight, once gained, cannot be stolen or lost.

Maybe this is why its better to develop insight and wisdom rather than supernormal energy powers. Wisdom and insight, once gained, cannot be stolen or lost.

I`m not so sure about that.

It is important to LISTEN to everything your teacher tells you. He may only say something once.

Gotta love the classics:

"Stand like a perfectly balanced scale and

move like a turning wheel....

Within yin there is yang.

Within yang there is yin.

Yin and yang mutually aid and change each other.

Silently treasure knowledge and turn it over in the mind.

Gradually you can do as you like.

Fundamentally, it is giving up yourself to follow others.

Most people mistakenly give up the near to seek the far.

It is said, "Missing it by a little will lead many miles astray."

The practitioner must carefully study. "

Edited by Spectrum

As he opened himself up she absorbed 80% of his life force and exchanged it with 80% of her crap energy. She knew what she was doing and took his ability and left him with her misery.
:blink: What a witch! (in the worst sense of the term). Eventually she'll go back to being her old miserable self and will have to do it to someone else again. :(

He could no longer heal others and distraught, returned to being a drug addict. He will not be able to generate again for this lifetime.
Shit! Won't even some sort of soul retrieval ceremony and practice help?

not again for this lifetime? i think thats a bit pessimistic.. i tend to look at things more brightly and think, why not? if he stops doing drugs and gets serious about cultivation, why not?

wait a sec...

if he cannot restore his power again, it can either be one of two

1. the girl was highly trained

2. the power wasn't his

if you master your power, you can call it back, even if it's stolen. it's yours. and if you cannot do that, you can always create another. but that means you are in perfect understanding of chi...

and chi is not bioelectricity, nor heat, nor light, nor magnetism...

:rolleyes:

wait a sec...

if he cannot restore his power again, it can either be one of two

1. the girl was highly trained

2. the power wasn't his

if you master your power, you can call it back, even if it's stolen. it's yours. and if you cannot do that, you can always create another. but that means you are in perfect understanding of chi...

and chi is not bioelectricity, nor heat, nor light, nor magnetism...

:rolleyes:

You must realize how much of these gifts are just that: "gifts." If you abuse them you will lose them.

There is much unseen influence in our lives.

You must realize how much of these gifts are just that: "gifts." If you abuse them you will lose them.

Sheesh! That's harsh. He was the victim of abuse. Couldn't he have the gift restored?

Edited by rex