Netero

Potent Systems

All I know is that I tried Falun Gong for 3 months 10 years ago and dropped it as it took too long. Since I now have more time I took it up again last month for about 3 weeks. All I know is that for several years I have had lower back pain after lifting anything even a bit heavy such as 25 lbs. But soon after this recent go round with Falun Gong that slight pain disappeared even though I have been lifting a 33 lbs baby for awhile now. 100 million Chinese years ago were not going to do Falun Gong unless it really did heal people that they knew and then themselves when they tried it. I dropped it again recently because the postures are not enjoyable at all. It is meant to make you endure hardship with the thinking that suffering changes bad karma to good karma. Just one of Master Li's concepts that I disagree with. But it does result in rapid and unexpected physical healings. The emphasis is that the practitioner should focus on uplifting his moral character in order to get full spiritual benefits because modern Chinese do not have very high morals according to Li Hongzhi. Instead, they are striving to get ahead of others on the job and are jealous of the success of others and are preoccupied with materialistic achievements. He does not even want the practitioner to read any other qigong books as all other qigong methods are to be considered to be low quality and only good for physical healing but will not advance you spiritually. Falun Gong is mainly for achieving enlightenment. Since it is all taught for free, including all of the teaching videos and texts are online, it is not a money making organization. 

9 hours ago, SifuLew'sdaughter said:

There should be no DVDs of the Tao Ahn Pai system, my father was against DVD’s of Chi Gung 

I think I understand the reasoning of why some traditional teachers would be reluctant to video record their sets and practices. The teacher may well teach different students somewhat differently depending on their ability and level of understanding, etc. As a given student progresses, the teacher may modify the movements for that particular student to match their level of understanding and achievement. So, from that perspective, there is no set or static form that applies to all students.  Also, more 'advanced' forms should not be practiced until a student has mastered the more 'basic' forms and practices. If forms and practices are put on DVD, students may be practicing things which they are not ready to be practicing, and they may also really need the close guidance of an accomplished teacher to keep them on the right path and to assist the student with any issues or questions they may have in their practices.  

What many martial arts and qigong/neigong teachers from China have realized in the last several decades however is that much of these traditional arts are in decline, or are in danger of getting completely lost, or they are modified and changed into something else by people who are not really qualified to do so, as these old traditional masters pass on. In order to try to preserve their systems as intact as possible for future generations, quite a number of those masters of traditional systems have broken with tradition and have been recording part or much of their practices on DVD's. This way future students have a reference from an accomplished teacher of the system of the way things were traditionally taught and practiced. It still can/will have the drawbacks which I described above, but at least there is a better chance to keep the system from getting completely lost or too distorted from the original traditional teachings. 

Courses on Sheng Zhen online are free at the moment

https://shengzhen.online

I tried enrolling in the Awakening the Soul course and felt the transmissions of the contemplations and the Qigong, powerful and shifted some deep blocks in my system.

Also the Union of Three Hearts seem powerful, a big light in the center of my head appeared.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

To Sifu Lew's daughter,

Times have changed. Technology, DVD teaching, online teaching, etc. are part of our modern life. I have a friend who only dabbles in qigong, trying a form only once in awhile. Yet he has some experiences the first time he does some qigong from a DVD or online download which equals that of a master. Effective qigong should produce results regardless of the format that is being used to teach it. That is my personal opinion from trying about 100 different qigong forms so far, mainly learned from DVDS. The strongest Qi I ever felt was when a teacher online was sending me a Qi transmission. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tao stillness said:

Yet he has some experiences the first time he does some qigong from a DVD or online download which equals that of a master. 

How does he know that? 

My friend did not make that claim. I stated that because I was so impressed. I might have exaggerated based on the way he described the tremendous Qi flow in his body. When he first did Flying Phoenix holding a peach, I think it was, as he held his hands in that position he could feel like a spinning ball of qi in his hands. When doing other types of qigong he feels Qi shooting out of his bubbling spring points and energy going up his spine so it sounds like he has the MCO going spontaneously. Recently he felt Qi shooting out from his beard. And he hardly ever does any qigong at all.  

Posted (edited)

The Union of Three Hearts from Sheng Zhen is a super simple meditation giving good results.

So far it feels better due to not invoking "the feeling-being" which meditating on the lower dantian does (in my body).

The feeling-being is all about the "me, my self and I" structure and meditating in the middle of the head cuts that off completely starving the feeling-being away. So a quick way to realization of no-mind I think.

Edited by johndoe2012
  • Thanks 1

On 7/22/2020 at 4:57 AM, johndoe2012 said:

Courses on Sheng Zhen online are free at the moment

https://shengzhen.online

I tried enrolling in the Awakening the Soul course and felt the transmissions of the contemplations and the Qigong, powerful and shifted some deep blocks in my system.

Also the Union of Three Hearts seem powerful, a big light in the center of my head appeared.

Its cool that the courses are free. Congrats seems like there's some groovy chi over that way. :)