mizpulyn

Where did you learn Microcosmic Orbit ? (Books, DVDs, schools, teachers)

On 13/10/2015 at 9:21 AM, Bearded Dragon said:

I'm not going to recommend anything. I'll just mention some points that work for me which you probably won't hear anywhere else.

1) Proper pelvic rotation is very important to open up the lower spine. Don't force it though. Add in a mental rotation from the front of your dantien up and around down to the tip of your tailbone. This starts the energy shooting up through your lower spine and it should be obvious if you have a moderate degree of sensitivity. I had originally rotated down from the front of the dantien through the perineum to the tip of the tailbone but the opposite works 100x better.

2) Get the lower part then jump to the upper. Raise up through the sides of the neck into the parts on either side of the occiput. Tilt your head slightly forward in order to open up the occiput where your neck joins your skull. You should really feel something coming up to the top of your head. Coming at it from both top and bottom tends to help with the more difficult part of opening the middle of the back.

3) Sink your chi into the ground. This is difficult because it's not obvious if you're doing it properly. I don't think of the orbit coming back down the front. I just relax everywhere. If you get this then you naturally feel energy pooling in your dantian without the needless practice of visualisation. Intent and visualisation aren't the same. Anyway, I sink all the way to the ground because I think it's more beneficial than just sinking to the dantian.

There are thousands of different ways to get it, all of which might work better at different levels. Gather as many tricks as you can and try them out. I get all mine from different martial arts people.

Can u explain how to open the occiput? I don't fully understand ur explanation

16 hours ago, Toni said:

Can u explain how to open the occiput? I don't fully understand ur explanation

I have responded via PM but I'll re-post my answer in case anyone else needs further clarification.

I was talking about a physical opening here. When you tilt your head back you can feel a cutting off of both the energy channels and bloodflow. What I was recommending was tilting the head forward very slightly, and maybe tucking in the chin a bit, to create a physical lengthening (not through tension though). The area then feels more spacious, as if it's more of an open conduit. I can physically put my head in that position with a bit of muscle, then think about raising up energy and afterwards it's as if the energy is supporting the posture and I can let go of whatever muscle I was using to hold it there.

I was never referring to the occiput as a chakra point or anything, although I have heard others talk about that area as the part of the brain they feel is responsible for the intent power of internal martial arts.

Hope that clears it up a bit.

• Like 1