Arambhashura

John Chang

Honestly a lot of people that go and visit him, actually meet him!

I would go as far to guess he still lives in the exact same place. 

I wonder if he wishes that he'd never gotten famous.  That'd he'd lived his life as a healer and teacher without the fanfare.  Its probably been more trouble then its worth.  Especially the longer series youtube which showed him clearly shaken after being reamed out by the Mo Pai ghostly Powers That Be for crossing some lines. 

MorePieGuy and I had some clashes, yet a part of me can understand his frustration.

There are A LOT of scammers, cheats, and end of the road paths that go no where except wasting A LOT of time and money.

I spend thousands of dollars on materials to learn, and wasted maybe 20 years going down paths that were simply dead end circles.

I suppose he did as well.

This is the sole reason I created my own forum and give it all away for free- because I wish someone would have done that for me.

• Like 4

John Chang makes it very clear that you can only absorb yin chi from earth with a grounded perineum. 

Quote?

Or are you putting multiple things that he said together and then claiming that he makes this clear?

• Like 1

MPG and EOBARD_WELLS don't see eye to eye when it comes to certain systems but I've never seen any nasty words. It has always been a straight-forward, logic-oriented debate with both sides making good points. That's how things should be. I've also had debates with both MPG and EW but once again there was never personal strife. Only an exchange of ideas and facts and an attempt to find the truth of the matter. 

• Like 1

The Great Spirit answered your question (with quotes) in the unnamable forum! Howgh!

I doubt it, prolly just a bunch of personal attacks mashed together 

MPG's forum is not like it was...

Out of curiosity I took a quick stroll over there, after being absent from there, for I guess, about a year

He has calmed down, and is still on his path

He has some interesting threads.

Maybe taobums will eventually unban him?

John Chang makes it very clear that you can only absorb yin chi from earth with a grounded perineum.

He does not make it "very clear." If he did you could simply provide the quote. The problem is that your stringing quotes together in order to create your own belief system and then calling it a undeniable fact. 

John Chang talks about how yin is absorbed through the perinium but he does not say that the perinium needs to be directly grounded in order to absorb yin chi. There a possibility that the body itself can serve as a conductor similar to the metal wires connected to the bathroom sink. This is not a possibility that you can easily brush off. 

Another problem with your theory is that John Chang says a level 1 student can practice in normal sitting posture as long as they have a hand mudra. In many cases when one sits in 'Indian Style', or normal sitting posture, their perineum is not actually directly touching the ground. 

Actually not.

Many masters also practice standing meditation. To claim that they are not absorbing yin chi from the earth through their legs is unreasonable. 

Edit:

As for MPG, he spread a lot of disinformation without considering different possibilities. This is not a problem, what is the problem is when he follows disinformation up with personal attacks. It is OK to be wrong, but not OK to attack others personally. 

Edited by MooNiNite

What "masters", lol?

The only person I know personally of who advanced in Chi Power to a significant degree with Mo Pai training is Jim.

And he trained outside in a tent on soil with the bottom cut out and with a piece of cotton ductaped into the hole.

Most likely his huyin in fact had direct contact contact with the cotton and with the soil below it,

so he could absorb successfully yin chi from the soil.

I also know personally a master who achieved a significant Chi Power Level without ever havinghis huyin grounded,

but his system doesn't work with chi from earth and heaven, his system utilizes the jing we already have in our bodies and alchemically transforms it into higher forms. That's something completely different.

Going over the different teachers that practice standing meditation is not the point. 

The point is that you are stringing John Chang's words together and then claiming the result as an absolute fact.

And then further justifying it by saying that Jim McMillan practices sitting on cotton and so his perineum is touching and therefor one must have their perineum grounded in order to absorb yin chi. 

That is not even a logical argument. Jim McMillan himself teaches students to practice in "Indian Style" position with a hand mudra, such a practice does not even make contact with the perineum. 

from MPG to mooninite:

There is nowhere that says the perineum must make contact with the earth to absorb yin chi. You're connecting quotes and creating misinformation. 

• Like 1

John Chang directly teaches students to sit on a metal plate.

"they may sit in Indian posture with a hand mudra." -Jim McMillan

Sitting on a metal plate in indian posture does not make direct contact with the perineum. 

John Chang says the students BODY must make contact with the earth. He never teaches students to tape wires to their perineum. 

You guys are making an irrational assumption by tying quotes together and then claiming it as fact. 

Arambhashura. Please write about your experiences. If you do meet him. it also might be beneficial to ask him some questions.  

Edited by MooNiNite

MooNiNite,

Normally I keep out of such topics, but it looks like he gave you what you asked for.  You asked for a quote that John Chang said you must be grounded to the earth to absorb yin chi, and he did give you that.  There are numerous things we don't know about the specifics like about the hui yin etc., but you didn't ask about specifics. Being grounded vs not grounded during practice to gather yin chi was the issue at hand.

I have to wonder why you and everyone else have so much hostility and resistance to something which is so simple. In my research of mo pai, it seems anyone who quotes what Chang said becomes a heretic here and run out of Dodge pretty quickly.  This whole thing I think is incredibly sad, and I wonder why things have to be like this.  That is all I wanted to say.  

Namaste, and God Bless.

Edited by dayzhaze
  • Like 1