Arambhashura

John Chang

Yep, because he cared.

But most people on thetaobums prefer the following from diverse "teachers":

You, MPG, and Ken think you are superior to most members on this forum and justify your insults by claiming to follow a schedule of "strict rationality."

...But in reality the comments your group makes are not rational, and in the end you guys are just feeling a sense of over infatuation and the need to insult others out of nothing more than hypocrisy.

So please evaluate the claims you make (especially the ones that are "very clear") before insulting the "teachers" of others on this forum. 

Yep, because he cared.

I kinda think the vulgarity and bitterness was because he was juvenile.  He cared about himself.

MPG caused much of Mo Pai's poor reputation.  He was a troll who spent much of his time insulting other arts, teachers and practices (especially Mo Pai that strayed from his interpretation), so when he'd write about Mo Pai, people would jump on it.  They reflected his negativity back at him.  

If it wasn't for him, it'd be treated like any other art here.  Some criticism (nothing escapes it) and mostly curiosity.  Though in truth, it does have a few unique problems to it.  Not that it shouldn't be studied. 

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 1

What other arts? Placebo gong?

Whose "teachers" claim that you can absorb yin chi without being grounded through "intention"?

Silly me, there are no other arts.  Everything except what you say is a placebo. 

If that's what you believe then why are you here?  The Tao Bums is an eclectic site to discuss many philosophies, arts, thoughts great and small.   At its best its a community of friends, sharing.  We're a great place to learn and share, agree and argue.  

We're a bad place for fundamentalists who believe there way is the only way. 

• Like 2

The so-called "teacher" who demanded that people in this forum are no more allowed to doubt his word

and got suspended for his following narcissistic outrage

when being confronted with resistance from people including the former admin and me

is in fact the one who has to prove his alleged superiority...

by demonstrating his alleged chi powers successfully while being checked by scientists and skeptics.

Without any doubt he would fail to do so miserably...because his chi is only placebo.

Until then, I and everyone else in his right mind prefer to believe the word of the master

who did succeed during such a challenge

and which contradicts the word of the "teacher".

Well I have better things to do than to continue to explain how you guys are actually misconstruing John Chang's teachings. 

I think that you hate the truth and live in complete delusion.

Otherwise you would not ignore the arguments which contradict your belief system.

Where is the proof that those "arts" I say which are placebo are not?

Also, what does the above described narcissistic behavior of said master say about the development of his personality?

Is that how a "teacher" behaves?

Not being able to deliver any evidence for his alleged chi ability, just demanding that people are not allowed to doubt his word?

Ridiculous!

As usual, you ignore the arguments which don't fit your agenda.

As usual, you miss the point.

Also, who are you to claim to speak for thetdaobums? LOL!

Everything else aside , He didnt say he spoke for all the taobums, just expressed his opinion that there is usually a level of intolerance for .. intolerance of the many.EX:   I think its true ,  but I'm not speaking for you or him. Generally the idea is to be rather tolerant , so that the place can have many views. 

By that you mean that you are completely unable to contradict the uncomfortable truth,

so you prefer to ignore it

to be able to keep your personal belief system?

Well I have already explained how your perineum "truth" is actually based on tying words together. 

By that you mean that you are completely unable to contradict the uncomfortable truth,

so you prefer to ignore it

to be able to keep your personal belief system?

What other "truths" are you referring to?

Dude,

said "teacher" demanded that his word shall not be doubted by mere "non-teachers" on thetaobums!

There is nothing more intolerant than this demand of his!

I agree, I didnt see that , but if I did ,  I'd say it was ...sub-par................. Nah, I'd said it was an arrogant pile of crap which would serve well as a vibrant 'Kick me' sign.   :)

Buut,, Im trying to be a bit more sensitive , and accept that some folks are beyond redress. 

Edited by Stosh
  • Like 1

I also disagree with your opinion of Kosta, being some naive bumpkin.  

Well there is good reason behind this. Many people who read that book will go away with the following misconceptions.

1. They believe the lower dantien is a hardened mass of yang chi that can be relocated around the body at will. 

2. Only around 5 people on earth can see auras. 

3. Only around 5 people can feel yin chi. 

4. Only 3 people in all of human history have ever opened the crown chakra. 

5. Filling the lower dantien requires Mo Pai training.

All 1-5 are complete misconceptions about internal alchemy. 

Your ability to misunderstand the most simple and clear instructions is astounding,

but in fact widely spread.

Contrary to what MPG would recommend to you,

I warmly recommend to you to make sure to be ungrounded in your training and to absorb yin chi via your "intention". This even works while flying in an airplane...

You have inserted your own truth into his teachings. John Chang has never once taught that the perineum must touch the earth. Never! Yet you say it is a requirement and then say i am misunderstanding it? He says your body must touch the earth. Not the perineum. Only your group of enthusiasts have taught the requirement to tie a wire to your gouch when you meditate. 

John Chang's level 1 method does not even touch the perineum to the ground!

again, look at the teachings...

Exactly.

My Reiki teacher opened my crown chakra already during my Reiki I initiation!

Also, John Chang has just an overactivity of the chinese element fire and his abilities are common under people with this unbalance!

It is astounding to me how you can insult reiki and chakras so much. Not understanding reiki is not understanding how your body actually heals. 

John Chang himself even talks about the validity of chakras..

Laying on hands is a common healing practice around the world...

Edited by MooNiNite

I begin to follow your insights!

What position would you recommend for level 1?

The following?

headstand2.jpg

Oh nice more insults without any logic. What else should I expect?

You said that some part of your body has to have contact with the earth.

This position fits your definition.

Maybe that is how you practice level 1 . The official level one position, as taught by Jim McMillan, is Indian style with the hands in a hand mudra. It can be full-lotus if your body is ready. 

wommed.jpg

For 90% of people the perineum does not touch the metal plate that they meditate on.

Do I really need to spell it out further for you?

Edited by MooNiNite