liminal_luke

A Kunlun Travel Tip

As a veteran of the last Los Angeles Kunlun seminar, I'd like to offer any taobums contemplating their own Kunlun adventure a travel tip: focus on your own experience of the practice itself, and forget about Max the personality. Here's a short list of things I no longer care about....whether Max is a master, an egotist, a fake, a nice guy, a real lama, bodisattva, etc. Call me cold, but I really don't care about Max at all. And I find that the less I think about him, the happier I am.

Some of my Kunlun classmates found Max to be an amazingly friendly, down-to-earth guy with nearly God-like powers; others, well, not so much. Mileages vary. Either way it hardly matters. Please don't let your feelings about Max, good or bad, get in the way of allowing yourself to discover how the practice of Kunlun might be of benefit.

Though I'm not going to be running for president of the Lama Dorje fan club anytime soon myself (sorry Max), I find I'm happier now after practicing Kunlun for only a few weeks. And while I could do without all the drama surrounding Max, I'm all about the happiness. :)

I'm all about the happiness. :)

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm... no judgement. Just curious: what good is the happiness if it might be based on false grounds?

:)

Harry

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm... no judgement. Just curious: what good is the happiness if it might be based on false grounds?

Harry

how can happiness be based on false grounds? what right or wrong grounds can there be?

how can happiness be based on false grounds? what right or wrong grounds can there be?

Well. Somehow the initial post reminded me of a phrasing "opium for the masses"...

There are many other "false grounds" that initially lead to happiness but later...

Don't get me wrong. I am not judging the practice this way. I just have trouble with the mindset:

"I don't care about all else because I..."

Harry

Well. Somehow the initial post reminded me of a phrasing "opium for the masses"...

There are many other "false grounds" that initially lead to happiness but later...

Don't get me wrong. I am not judging the practice this way. I just have trouble with the mindset:

"I don't care about all else because I..."

Harry

i hear you, still i think you're a bit too pessimistic here...

plans-for-happiness.gif

Isn't this a general issue? Should we distinguish between messenger and message? Is it even possible and advisable to do so? Is there any "master" who is not controversial to some extent and has some flaws or doesn't fit in our specific picture of an enlightend being? Most schools/masters/techniques discussed on this forum don't produce agreement at all but (hot) debates and different results for different people.

Most life's topics are controversial, e.g. food, sex, medicine, religion, relationships ... science and escpecially statistics and opinion polls ;-).

Yes, most things in life are not only controversial but also dangerous! Living in a house implies the possibility to die in the next earthquake. Driving in your car to work could kill you. Starting a relationship can end in an emotional and financial desaster ... There is no guarantee - not for success and not for failure. You can't foresee all possible outcomes. Yes, you have to be cautious and use your common sense but you can also overdo it. At some point you simply have to make a choice. Leave it because you have decided for yourself that it is not worth the effort/risk or take it - and be aware that you might not like the outcome!

focus on your own experience of the practice itself

I'm finding it to be deeply harmonizing, nourishing.

Good advice from Liminal. I'm a reflexive sceptic and generally anti guru. I hope when I go the (phoenix)seminar I shed all judgements and stay in the moment, take what I can get, digest what I can.

I'm not looking for enlightenment in 6 hours or to find a godlike guru. I want insight on powerful simple system that produces a bit of happiness, health and clarity of mind. I'd be happy w/ 2 out of 3 :). The only transmission I know about is in my car. I'm very curious to experience it.

Michael

One of Max's students..Richard..I think might be in his late 40's or 50's(I could be wrong).

Really fun dude..I actually had troble being in the same room with him for long since he had so much energy. Like drinking 10 cups of starbucks coffee but it's your natural state.

Also..his students have a very childlike quality that I don't see so much in other systems..or alteast not as much(Except Advaita).

One of Max's students..Richard..I think might be in his late 40's or 50's(I could be wrong).

<snip>

Also..his students have a very childlike quality that I don't see so much in other systems..or alteast not as much(Except Advaita).

Cool. IMO checking out the senior students is a great way to see the "results" of a system, thats the

"trick" I use for martial arts schools. Also very impressed with the way Mantra responds to critical posts.

IMO checking out the senior students is a great way to see the "results" of a system

I agree... what use is it if Jesus himself is your guru if he can't reach you? Seeing that a teacher was able to help at least a few people out there is a positive thing.

"focus on your own experience of the practice itself"

That is exactly what the Kunlun practice is all about; enter into it openly and sincerely and what you experience will be the awakenings unique to you. One of the things that engaged my interest in the practice was something that Max said in one of the first classes I attended in Honolulu, he is not our guru or teacher per se, he shares with us what he has learned so that we can awaken the same abilities he has developed, abilities that are innate in each one of us. He is not a teacher to be followed, but, as I see it, a guide that helps you light your own path; to brighten that light is your own individual work, your own connection with the universal life forces, ultimately leading to my understanding that indeed, it is all one. It has been one year since I first began practicing Kunlun -- and the joy with which I live my life grows, seemingly without measure. I have seen, felt, and understood things that leave me in awe, expand my curiosity, energize my being, and fire my enthusiasm for life, and for who I am. I have more energy and verve for life now than I did in my twenties, thirties, or early forties. But I also feel a great peacefulness that flows and balances that fire. What can I say, I smile a lot and the smile begins from deep within... Now that I am living here in LA, it has been great to be at the seminars and to experience the interest and openness that the people have shown for Kunlun Nei Gung. I'm loving being in California and look forward to an awesome life here. Maybe see you at the next seminars!

Golden Phoenix,

Can you tell me what is usually taught when u join his school?

Does everyone start with Kunlun 1,2,3 then move on to other information or does he teach everyone differently?

Can you ask what you would like to learn or acheive in skills?

WYG

Golden Phoenix,

Can you tell me what is usually taught when u join his school?

Does everyone start with Kunlun 1,2,3 then move on to other information or does he teach everyone differently?

Can you ask what you would like to learn or acheive in skills?

WYG

Max is now focusing on the seminars which are being held here in California. Future seminars will also be held in Phoenix, AZ and other states. Kunlun is the first of steps to open ourselves and become receptive to further, deeper awakenings. Therefore, the seminars introduce the practice of Kunlun; Max and his students help guide and support this initial and foundational work of Kunlun during the practice session of the seminars. I would recommend that you read his book, Pillars of Bliss, to give you a more complete picture of Kunlun Nei Gung; it may answer some of your questions. Max is very down to earth and easy to approach with any questions you may have. The seminars are a great opportunity to talk with him. You can check on meetup.com for a schedule of upcoming seminars. Hope this was helpful... maybe see you at one of the seminars! :)