turbo

Phoenix, AZ Kunlun Seminar November 17-18

Let's make a list of all the things people might like to do and then be open to maybe throwing that list out and doing whatever after you get transmission.

Ok..here is my Top 5 B)

1. Have Max or Max's students take us on a little adventure in the Desert.

2. Go home..turn off the lights..relax and drool all over myself(most likely scenario)

3. Drive around town(My Honda can probably fit 5)

4. Hike up Camelback Mountain, South Mountain or Yodas favorite Piestawa Peak.

5. Hang out at Qlites Dojo and practice martial arts/play board games/video games and order Pizza and Coke.

Good point about not overly planning and keeping the desert as top priority. Yoda cell: 8O3622O6O6. Assuming I'm still chipper after the classes, I'd love to socialize. If not, I'll hang out on Pietswa Peak or whatever them thar wippersnappers have named it these days. I remember the Harmonic Convergence in '87(?)... the peak was a happenin' hangout and nobody did their homework just in case the world came to an end.

And of course if you guys want the fun with lots of people vibe ASU in Tempe is a cool hangout..we can sit around the colelge bars/coffehouses..Yoda and I hung out over there last time he came out.

Playing it by ear sounds best, but I'd definitely like to meet everyone and spend some time connecting and getting to know all you interesting folks. Of course if my ego is splattered all over the wall then it may be a little difficult.

I'm not going to the seminar but would love to meet/hang out with some bums... just keep me posted.

Whats the average temp in Sedona around November time of year?

Just got in from my No AZ roadtrip that included a stay in Sedona visiting my folks. Beautiful, clear day. Don't have any actual weather data in hand, but if memory serves... November is usually mild. Mornings and nights can get pretty chilly, but daytime temps are sweater/ light jacket. I have witnessed some of the most dramatic rainfall & flooding of Oak Creek around Thanksgiving.

I will be in Sedona the sunday before the workshop doing a day retreat with another teacher.

So porbably won't go back to Sedona during the week as I have work and school.

Will see you all the Friday night I suppose.

I just got all my tickets lined up! Pretty stoked!

I suddenly have groovy teachers in my life... a nice change of pace!!

As it stands now Smile is staying at my place.

There is chance Sean might also come out..his schedule is more up in the air than mine right now though :lol:

I'm flying in November 14th. I've rented a mini van. I plan to stay 2 days in Sedona. I haven't made reservations yet. I have made reservations at the Courtyard Mesa for the 16th and 17th.

I thought I had a meeting w/ Max on Saturday at 4:00, but recently read form Diane that they had double booked so could I move it to 7:00 or Sunday. I said I'd prefer not to, but if it had to be thats ok.

A hotel called Kokopelli Suites seemed to have a 2 night special in a nice room (w/ jacuzzi) for $189 total. I'll call now and see if its available. Edit-Just called them and made reservations(800 789 7393) for the 14th and 15th. Got the jacuzzi room!! w/ King size bed, $94.50 a night, yeah baby. The concierge will call a week before arrival to see I want any trips. Its a 4 miles from 'downtown' but thats why I have the car.

I want to check out the 7 Sacred Springs, a few easy, out of the way hikes. There's a relatively inexpensive horse back riding trip that might be out of the usual for a city slicker.

Michael

Diane is a nice lady,

I really embarassed myself in front of her at the last one. Will have buy her some coca cola or something and apologize for my ridiculously rude manners.

this habit of double booking...i wonder if this max ever sits there and noone shows up, like no date?

MIcheal,

Take the van up Oak Creek Canyon and do the hike at West Fork. It might be a bit chilly, but it's one of the most beautiful places around. Trust me, I've done this hike countless times.

Just to give people a heads up...

The Learner is coming to town a couple days early to hang out in Sedona .I might join him. If other 'bums' want to come a day or 2 early we could gather a Tao Bum posse and storm the vortexes and mountain trails of Sedona.

Another option is some of us could drive up sunday or even monday after the workshop.

It's a 2 hr drive from Phoenix..and is easily one of the most amazing places you will ever see...some of the spots over there have energy like nowhere else on Earth from what I understand.

Or whatever you want :lol:

l to see I want any trips. Its a 4 miles from 'downtown' but thats why I have the car.

I want to check out the 7 Sacred Springs, a few easy, out of the way hikes. There's a relatively inexpensive horse back riding trip that might be out of the usual for a city slicker.

Michael

Michael It's the seven sacred pools.

links below:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ableman/777024093/

http://www.sedonavortexyoga.com/seven.html

Thanks for the hike advices. So many places to go and sit at, so little time :)

My meeting w/ the Max is back at 4:00. Which is nice. I'm thinking even if we want to be alone and mellow we can still do it on top of beautiful area.

Michael

Something you should all know about the land called "Sedona".

The McDonald's in Sedona has blue arches.

Everywhere else on the planet(as far as has been revealed to me) Mcdonalds have golden arches.

NOT Sedona my friends...Blue Arches.

believe

Wow... Smile and Vortex are in!! Michael renting a minivan!! I'll be bringing 1-5 non-taobums with me to the weekend too and one of those from the east coast. This'll be fun!!

In case I have to outrun anything, I'm renting a Geo Nitro. It looks a lot like a Geo Metro, but it's got nothing but raw power under the hood.

Eric's Oak Creek suggestion is extremely strong... that's an unbelievably beautiful hike...

Something you should all know about the land called "Sedona".

The McDonald's in Sedona has blue arches.

Everywhere else on the planet(as far as has been revealed to me) Mcdonalds have golden arches.

NOT Sedona my friends...Blue Arches.

believe

Courtesy of Keep Sedona Beautiful, an long standing organization with enormous influence.

I'm leaving in a WEEK! Flying to PHx on the 14th, then heading to Sedona for 2 days. Lets get a head count. Why don't we set up a Live Chat w/ attendees within the next couple days, say 10:00 Central Time either Thurs, Fri or Sat.

Cam I know you're on a posting fast, but your input and coordination would be great.

Michael

When is everyone hanging out? I have a 9-12 workshop on Saturday the 17th and watching UFC that night and then 12-6 appointments on Sunday. :(

Cam, it took 3 minutes for you to reply. I should have said fast posting :)

Get together Friday night?

Michael