turbo

Phoenix, AZ Kunlun Seminar November 17-18

Anything related to the seminar is fair game (aside from discussing actual practices).

Can I tell the story about Max's cave retreat he discussed on Friday? There was a lot of taobum discussion of that one! :lol:

Hi. I wish to thanks Max and his group for making a tour stop at our school. And I also wish to thank everyone who came. We all had a blast. I wish there were more time to chat with all the Tao Bums there but I was so busy digesting all the knowledges that Max shared.

Here is my experiences from it. This is my first time doing any Kunlun or meet Max.

On Friday's lecture, Richard and my wife felt a jolt when Max was projected his energy several time. Debbie was first sitting it front of my wife so she did not felt it until Debbie moved next to Vortex, which meant she was blocking me now. Anyway my wife's legs and shoulder was twitting.. We were sitting in the back row if that info is important.

As it stated in the book, females will get quicker result from it. On Saturday, my wife was feeling the first opening or whatever and had a good blissful cry. She could not stop. Max try to encourage her to think happy thoughts but I was not too concern because I heard that crying before, it is a mix of happiness and sadness cry. She told me afterward that she was letting go of a minor fight we had the night before and felt complete bliss and release from it.

As for me, I like the five elements standing posture and red phoenix more. Kunlun was fun but I was more curious about what is going on around me. I was shaking my legs and swirling my top half. Red phoenix did take me to the land between sleep and awake, I think that was the main goal of it right?

Saturday was more chilling. Sunday was a bit more intense and serious. Again, my wife felt total bliss w/o the crying this time. I felt more from the kunlun on the second days but I am not as there as my wife yet. And those screaming Asian girls was a bit more mellow themselves. hahaha. Those girls took Richard out of his grove when he was about to get into the bliss several time. Those who are there know what I talking about. Those girls were more advanced, they were playing with each other energy every chance they get.

Because we do martial art, Max shared some modification to the five elements standing posture for martial art. He was also very generous in show us some other forms that we could further our growth during the break. I can't say enough of how kind he was. Honestly I felt like I was at two seminars due to how many stuffs he was showing us during the breaks.

Oh.. the music was a great tool to get you to the bliss too. Also I sat too close to the stereo so I could not hear everything that Max said during the sitting meditation. So if anyone who are going in the future, pick a spot away from the ipod.

Kan is one of his senior student, he does not speak any English but you can see his blissfulness all the time. Kan is a big teddy bear. He is very funny and helpful. He was Max's prefer playing partner during the seminar. If he happens to show up at your seminar, get to know him. He is very likable..

Peace,

Q..

Rain, you should have been there on Friday night and Saturday. They were really, really loud. Wow.. Richard was so scared the neighbors shop keepers will come over and see if 911 was needed on Saturday. It took me awhile to tune them out and just focus on myself but they are the lively one. I am not saying that I don't like them or anything negative.

Richard was so happy that they were more quiet on Sunday. But then like any tease, they were loud again but not as bad. But enough to take his bliss. hahaha.. Funny thing was Max kept telling them that they are letting the energy out if they scream too much. hahhaa. He gave them the innocent funny looks that you will drive me crazy too if I was not already bliss.. hahhaa.. That is my take on his look anyway. I think they been to all of Max seminar so far. I call them the Kunlun groupie.. So you will get to see them if you go to any of the future seminars. They are pretty cool, I had lunch with them.

Arrggghh!! Qlites, I blew it... I forgot that you'd be there and so I didn't connect your avatar name to a face, but I think I know who you are... you and Richard got all the extra martial arts teachings. That's sort of how weekend gatherings go, though, huh?

Back to the subject at hand:

You didn't like the sound of the screaming Asian girls????? You need to get your head checked is all I can say!! :lol: I thought Mantra had hired them for the atmosphere. It was absolutely *amazing* to see them do Kunlun on each other. Seriously wild.

Hi Yoda. I did introduct myself as Qlites but everyone was in their own world including myself. If you look at the TaoBums pix, I am in there.. I jumped in at the end..:) Camaron know me. And Vortex wonder why I don't post much.

Yes.. We got mucho martial arts teaching. I was way overloaded. I can see that despite he does not practice it much, martial art still excited him.. hahhaa. And guys, his martial art is very good. I can see why Kunlun martial art is the root of all martial art.

To all that went to the Phoenix Seminar, did the mirror help you correct yourself better?? I know most of his seminar is the hotel so there is no mirror. I was up front so I think it was a great help.

I thought Mantra had hired them for the atmosphere. It was absolutely *amazing* to see them do Kunlun on each other. Seriously wild.

At first, I thought the same thing on Friday night. But whatever, I did not let that distract me to see what I can do with it. Yeah.. watching teach playing with each other thru kunlun energy was pretty amazing. I can't wait to be able to do the same with my wife later. And I like her screaming better.. lol.. To each, their own..:)

Qlites,

I agree... I look forward to charging up Mrs Yoda like that!! :)

Your pal,

Yoda

I can't wait to be able to do the same with my wife later. And I like her screaming better.. lol..

Me too (With Deanne, not Mrs Yoda !!!) Although I think it will be a while before I can feel blisfull without the starting posture. And I wasn't sure if it was something that you could only do after level 3. But definitly something I am looking forward to trying though.

Cheers for all the reports everyone, bring on Australia

p.s. is Cam doing o.k.? Good to see his posting sabitical working for the first time ever

p.s. is Cam doing o.k.? Good to see his posting sabitical working for the first time ever

I wondered the same thing. I'm hoping that his (unusual) silence is a good thing.

Yes, he's doing very well. Max and Kan (the big Japanese guy in the photo of kunlunbliss.com) opened up his front channel during the weekend so energy can go back down and he's been getting some sleep finally!! Between that and finishing school, it sounds like he'll be able to chill.

Between that and finishing school, it sounds like he'll be able to chill.

Cool, he does not speak much about the school stuff (I don't even know what he was doing) but it's good to hear he was able to finish it with all this "stuff" happening.

Qlites,

Your pal,

Yoda

Come on boys, do you really think I would hire "screamers?" The really loud girl had been to her first seminar only the week before in LA. What you saw at the lecture Friday was her having her wind channel open. She struggled with it for a while but then Max brought her up to the front and helped her open it.

She was quite vocal after that. I kept jokingly telling her to shut up again. That I liked her better when she was quiet. That only made her wail louder. It was funny.

She opened everything very quickly (one week) so that, as you saw, she was able to start zapping the other people in her group with the bliss energy. Crazy.

It really seems like the peeps of the world are ready for this practice. We are still amazed at how fast people are experiencing these massive openings and playing with their new energetic abilities.

In terms of Kunlun with a partner, there is the dual-cultivation practice. Any of you who have been doing Kunlun with any success could do the dual-cultivation with a partner. PM me for details.

When you open it up, it's like normal sex times a thousand.

You get to where you just need to connect (with no movement) and the valley orgasm begins, then you transition to the point where you don't even have to touch and you can activate it.

Fun, fun.

Just try to not get too attached. B)

When you open it up, it's like normal sex times a thousand.

Just try to not get too attached. B)

I see :blink:

:D

Max covered 5 Element standing, Kunlun, Red Phoenix, and Gold Flower as the main practices.

<Snip>

Mantra says that the new book will be out in two months that will cover FAQ, 5 Elements Standing, and Kunlun.

Was there any mention of which ones / how many you should be doing as a daily practice.

And suggestions on how / what to combine them?

Also. How hard is it remembering the details of what is taught at the seminar?

From my Kung Fu I know that personally I only manage to capture ~10% of something on the first look. It takes me a lots of practice and correction by my teacher over weeks (ok months) before I remember it correctly.

Cheers

Again, the energy working between them was incredible. And she was so new too!! Amazing. It really captivates the imagination... what this practice's existence may mean for me, my friends, family, taobums, and the world... is mind boggling and I haven't even started thinking about Red Phoenix or Golden Flower yet!!

I think a lot of what Max taught wasn't intended to be fully understood but rather to stretch open our thinking about what is possible. I wish I remembered more of his exact phrases, but whatever. I'm just glad this stuff got figured out in the first place... sounded like Max has had quite a cultivation career!! He should write an autobiography of a yogi someday.

Again, the energy working between them was incredible. And she was so new too!! Amazing. It really captivates the imagination... what this practice's existence may mean for me, my friends, family, taobums, and the world... is mind boggling and I haven't even started thinking about Red Phoenix or Golden Flower yet!!

I think a lot of what Max taught wasn't intended to be fully understood but rather to stretch open our thinking about what is possible. I wish I remembered more of his exact phrases, but whatever. I'm just glad this stuff got figured out in the first place... sounded like Max has had quite a cultivation career!! He should write an autobiography of a yogi someday.

Hey Yoda,

I thought of the Quakers too. The Ken Burns documentary on Mother Ann & the Quakers was fantastic! So, what's the Golden Flower all about? W/out giving the entire technique, of course. He didn't teach that one at the SF seminar.

Thanks,

Gordon

Gordon,

The Ken Burns documentary on Mother Ann & the Quakers was fantastic!

I'm on it, thanks!!

Max called it the Gold Flower, but I like to think of it as the Golden Flower as that's the translations I've read.

It's an add on to Red Phoenix especially for when one's RP practice becomes mature.

Yoda

Hi Mal. At the seminar, we did the standing five elements, red phoenix, then kunlun level 1. From what I understand, five elements, kunlun level 1, then red phoenix. But it is okay to do red phoenix before kunlun level 1. Because Red Phoenix helps you clear your mind by reaching the land between sleep and awake. Again it is base on your mind needs. Some of you who are doing this w/o the seminar are getting some negative feelings or seeing demon is due to your mind is not clear. If you have another method to clear your mind, do use it. Your kunlun will benefit more.

I understand why difference sequence is need but once you get the bliss, it is better to do the Red Phoenix after kunlun level 1. Because you are practicing to raised the energy up in Red Phoenix, too. And that is what you will do when you have enough energy build up from Kunlun to be fully bliss with all the channels opened.

Anyway, this is the conclusion that I reached from talking to Max as well as the group there. Good luck!!

Ok...my last post copied to the Phoenix workshop thread and my jounral and I am taking a break until March.

Max is a treasure. He really is special. If I could design someone to appear suddenly on the scene and teach me a practice to get awakening I don't think I could have come up with Max. I think all my friends at the Phoenix workshop felt the same way.

Here is my take on the practice. People that have trouble with the Kunlun practice are due to it being too simple. It is a simple, direct way. Here is a teacher saying, all you have to do is see me one time and do this practice where you hold a simple position for 1 hour a day and you can get awakening if your deticated. That is way too simple for most people. Most people want struggle. They want to go through alot of hard stuff and challenges and walk over fire to get awakening. In a sence, Max is somewhat of a threat in that his practice is so simple it takes you where you want to go without much hassle.

Another problem people might have is many people don't like this world. They may even see Earth as a kind of hell realm and not suprisingly, there consciousness reflects this experience. It's fine. We are all where we are at. My take on Max's philosophy is that Earth isn't a hell realm. It's what we make of it. After getting transmission and doing the practice for just a short period I can see so clearly how we are the creators of our experience here. The Tao is not punishing us. It is other human beings that are giving us a hard time.

But it doesn't have to be that way. We can create a beautiful world and change ourselves and the world by doing this simple spontaneous Kunlun practice. It's so simple it's ridiculous.

You see Max once, you do Kunlun for an hour a day, you be good and your doomed to succeed.

Of course, Max has more to teach and I am sure I will see him again but really after you get the transmission and do the practice your on your way.

Maybe one day everyone on Taobums will be a blissful, bouncing Kunlun pracititoner. I don't see why not. Of course if you want complexity and you want a hard time then probably not. Probably you need to find another way.

It's all good.

Peace,

Cameron

Nice post Cam. Glad you are appreciating the simplicity of all of this.

Just so you know, we will be coming back to Phoenix in January.

See you there bro,

Chris

:)

I'me booking to see Kan a month in advance. Dude waved his hands over me like 5 times and my front channel felt like it was going to pop out of my body.

Telling me he was all booked up sunday was such a tease :lol:

edit-oh..Kan did come all the way from Japan so maybe he won't make it in January..so..whatever is the case I guess.

Chris..quick question. I am really just wanting to focus on Kunlun by itself for awhile not so much Red Phoenix right now. Would it be inappapropriate for me to ask Max to let me "sit Red Phoenix out" when you guys come back or should I just buy a case of American Spirit smokes in advance?

Since we are on the subject and heck I am breaking the vow of silence yet again. If Kunlun and Red Phoenix lead to Golden Dragon Body "The highest level a Taoist can attain" would you say doing Kunlun by itself leads to something like awakening but not Golden Dragon Body? So..if I decided I just want to do Kunlun by itself for a year and not Red Phoenix(what's coming up) am I slowing down my development somehow?

Is the fact that I am relatively young come into play like let me do Kunlun level 1,2,3 for the next 3 years and maybe do Red Phoenix after that? It seems the way Max is teaching his system he is really pushing for students at the workshops to practice both Kunlun and Red Phoenix. Yet in the book it sounds like Kunlun by itself is good to go.

If you can get back to me on that when you have time.

Yeah man, don't be in a hurry. I think it is a good idea to take it easy. You have triggered enough internal alchemy processes that you could sit out from practicing for a month and still experience changes.

I personally have done Kunlun exclusively for six years. I only just started doing Red Phoenix myself in the last nine months.

These things work quickly so you don't have to.

After getting transmission and doing the practice for just a short period I can see so clearly how we are the creators of our experience here. The Tao is not punishing us. It is other human beings that are giving us a hard time.

This post really resonnated to me, and cleared up a few things Ive been thinking about lately. And it made me even more look forward to meeting Max and his crew and get the transmission. Ive been doing kunlun for a little over a month from the book, and I feel there is so much more to it that I dont get in touch with. I have high hopes that I will get in touch with it when I get the transmission.

But I dont agree with the above sentece from your post. I dont know if you do either(compared to your other realizations) when you think about it. Other people is just as much part of the Tao as anything else, and the people we meet is just as much our creation(or attraction) as anything else we experience.

And yeah, the Tao is not punishing us! If we feel punished we are doing it to our selves. This is a great realization, true liberation.

One of my experiences so far with kunlun is that I feel I understand more of this kind of attraction. This magnetism feels more real and more substancial. As the energyblackages releases I can see more about how my inner states and issues create my experience. And I get the feeling that if my inside is in bliss, then the world I experience is also in bliss. If you see the divine in yourself, you see the divine in others. Im not there yet, but I see the possibility...

Ahhh...1 more post...!!

Yes and no. Let me say it another way. People are confused. You can raise your vibration by doing kunlun and attract more good things to you. I am sure about that. That doesn't mean you are going to escape the confusion and the wars and the negativity of humanity. Get real. The Tao itself I think sort of gives us these tools as a learning experience but it's up to us to utilize them.

That said, negativity is not necissarily bad. I asked Max about this last weekend and he talked about how having an experience of polarity and extremes gives us more of a learning experience and opportunities for growth or something .So, I am not implying negative people are a bad thing. In many ways, the negative people I have known in my life are some of my best teachers .It's like I read this quote from the Dalai Lama somewhere where he said the Chinese are his best teacher. I am not at that wild level of compassion but that sort of level of awakening..like Jesus Christ or whatever..where someone basically spits in your face and you love them back..is interesting.

Personally..I much more resonate with the way of the founder of Aikido Morihei Ueshiba. You can be a peacful dude and still be a bad ass .You can be in harmony with the Tao and walk your path to enlightenment but if someone messes with you drop them hard and fast and do the least damage possible.

A love samurai or something. Your not walking around attracting negativity .I havent been in a single street fight in my life. I don't attract that sort of crap and if I did I would do my best to get away from the situation before resorting to violence. I mean the sort of garden variety garbage you see when you turn on the TV. It's more like ignorance than negativity really. Max called it negativity but the way I see it it's more like ignorance.

My feeling is if you "wake up" to your interconnectedness to all life that feeling guides you out of any negativity but that is much different than just being a positive person.

Of course there is nothing wrong with just being positive per se like the people on 'The Secret' talk about.

Like Adyashanti says..If I am going to be around ego's I would rather be around positive ego's. Or something like that.

Cam