DreamBliss

DreamBliss gears up for dating... HELP!

So you met a female who approached you and you got along well - liked each other

SHE APPROACHED YOU - why don't you follow up

She lives near you as you met her in your area

follow up be yourself see where it goes

Well that is also good advice, but here's the rub...

She lives across the river in Portland, OR. She did not give me her contact information. Only told me where she works. I can come up with the money to travel over there, costs like $7.50 for an all day bus and max line pass. I can travel over there to her workplace. Assuming I have the right one in mind and remember the name correctly. But I would have to approach her at work, and that requires a different dynamic I am not versed in.

I could sit from 12-3 or so at Red Robbins and hope she shows up. That was about the time we met before. Hope she remembers me and is actually interested in me. She could very well have simply been an extroverted, talkative person passing the time with a random stranger.

I sent my contact info to her business and will check, now that a reasonable amount of time has passed, to see if they received it and passed the information along. Other than the day trip to Portland, not sure what else I can do. It could be she has my information, and has not communicated with me, because she is not interested in me at all.

So that is the situation, as I perceive it. I will email the business again right now.

Yes, she is, and I do appreciate it. But BES is also a woman, and speaking in defense of her gender.

<   APERADFP !  

-  actually physically enacted reactive automatic  double face palm >

Okay then ....   I am saying the same thing !   

( Man .....    if you do get a date and some of your 'classic comments'  slip out ....  :wacko:  ) 

• Like 1

Hi Dreambliss

This thread has been running for 8 months now. There's been no success whatsoever and now you're trying to manipulate the system in a pretty undignified way in order to get it. It just seems to me that there are very major barriers here: the girls you want don't want you, and If there are any who might consider you, then you won't consider them. You blame OKCupid, but I can't see how this would be different on another site. You are headbutting against fundamental attitudes of mating.

Even if the miraculous happens and there is a girl who you like the look of, and she likes the look of you? What then? You tell me that you can't even afford a mediation class! How can you afford to do anything except just sit in your room doing yoga together? It's just not a real situation, as it stands.

Your outer circumstances are extremely narrow, and cramped. You just don't have the social power to do all the things that need to be done if you are to meet any individual and creatively build a life together. A relationship that is based on sitting in your room, at your parents house will not blossom into anything. Just a seed cast into the desert. Yes, it is a situation that has enabled you to blossom internally: intellectually, spiritually, creatively...but you are not blossoming on the outside, at all...and a relationship with another self, a different self, is about outer compatibility.

You have to put the fundamentals in place first. To try and find a mate on the Internet is really putting the cart before the horse. You need to move out, and find work. You need to become an independent autonomous man in the world. I'm not saying you need to be really rich, but you do need social power. You need to be able, in some basic degree, to participate in the social realm that is shared with other people, other females. Now you're are totally stuck.

If you can take this step, then you may find that your life will blossom extremely quickly. This is because you are ready on the inside. On the inside you are highly Individuated with a distinctive set of interests, hobbies and skills. They just need to be mirrored externally. If that happens then I have no doubt that you will suddenly find yourself an attractive man to precisely the kind of women who interest you.

You're not the first person in the world who reaches middle age and finds that they need to radically change direction. It's very common, but scary and painful nevertheless. Like many, you've allowed yourself to become imbalanced, and you want to make the correction before its too late. Clearly dating just wasn't important to you as an 18 year old, but it is now. This is the just the order you've done things. Another man may find his life totally spiritually barren, despite his outer attainments. Finding this will be painful and bewildering for him, just as making the change is frightening for you.

So I think this thread should be locked down and replaced: Dreambliss gears up to find a job...help! And then another thread will quickly come about being your own man in your own apartment. By then you will have money colleagues and hopefully living in a place where mediation clubs and centres are a bike ride away. Get all this right and I don't even think you'll need to do a thread on the dating part!

Best wishes, and please tell me if I am the one being unrealistic.

Michael

What you said was true, in "reality" as defined by modern society. I can not, and do not, fault you for telling me the truth. I have to focus on the "reality" that I want instead. The Sara books by Esther and Jerry Hicks are awesome for this. Yes, they are books geared for a younger audience, but they are fun, humorous, always lift my spirits, and point out, very simply, how to use LoA teachings to focus on something wanted, in the face of appearing to be powerless against all the forces against it. And when you can't change it, you an change your perception of it, and by doing that change the effect it has on you.

In other words... Society says I have to be under 30, have 6 pack abs and be handsome to win an attractive younger female, as I desire.

In that case, your mind must also have been usurped by society. As you would yourself prefer a good looking, young and well shaped partner.

I can not, so far as I know, reverse my age. There is where I must change my perception.

I can change my physical appearance. My body is my creation. Others may not agree with this. But I chose to look like this, to appear like this, at some level. I can choose to see myself differently, in a more desirable (to a female) form. I can take inspired action to this vision in the form of diet and exercise. I am, in fact, already doing some of this.

Yes!

Finally I can draw to me those women who are more spiritually mature than myself, who can, and do, look past the physical age and appearance of someone. In that group of women there has to be at least one who is the right one for me at this time in my life. So I can keep that vision in my head, define reality for myself in that way.

Otherwise it would be frustrating for me, because I have been trying to get rid of the fat for years. I exercised a lot. I dieted. I became a vegetarian. Even reduced my intake of gluten. Not one damn thing has worked! If I have to wait until I look like a middle-aged male supermodel, I would definitely terminate my physical existence. I may never be able to change my body, so waiting is not an option.

:huh: Oh... Didn't I just read: "I can change my physical appearance. My body is my creation." Conflicting beliefs there stalemating you, buddy? <_<

What can we learn from Seth about the topic?

Let us take a simple example: You are overweight. You have

tried diets to no avail. You tell yourself that you want to lose weight. You follow what I

have said so far. You change the belief. You say, "Because I believe I am overweight, I

am, so I will think of myself at my ideal weight."

But you find that you still overeat. In your mind's eye you still see yourself as

overweight, imagine the goodies and snacks, and in your terms "give in" to your

imagination—and you think that will power is useless and conscious thought powerless.

But pretend that you go beyond this point. In sheer desperation you say, "All right, I

will examine my beliefs further!" Now this is a hypothetical case so you may find one of

innumerable beliefs. You may, for instance, find that you believe you are not worthy, and

hence should not look attractive. Or that health means physical weight and it is

dangerous to be slim.

Or you may find that you feel—and believe that you are —so vulnerable that you

need the weight so people will think twice before they shove you around. In all of these

cases the ideas will be conscious. You have entertained them often and your

imagination and emotions are in league with them, and not in conflict.

The Nature of Personal Reality, Session 621

Don't get me wrong: I didn't mean that you should wait for anything. There are good reasons why want to get in shape anyway, no matter what. Keep multitasking and take things the way they come!

Also, I am aware that physical beauty is not the measure of all things, of course. There is so much more involved in real life. (Just think of Carrie and Doug! :D) Where even the way somebody smiles can make all the difference! :wub: - The problem with a dating website is that  individual subtleties don't have much weight, you are sorta reducing yourself to a data sheet.

Instead, having fun with this, and life in general, will keep my point of attraction, or my vibrational frequency, high. Which will draw to me those things I want quicker. I am having a Step 1 experience, maybe multiple Step 1 experiences. I am compelled to ask. Step 2 is none of my doing, that is the Universe answering. Step 3 is allowing. I have very clearly and strongly asked. In fact I have been doing that for a long time. For both my physical appearance to be more attractive, and for a woman to share my life with. So keeping my spirits up, so to speak, allowing what I have asked for to show up in my life, is what I have to do now.

Good thinking there!

OK, stuff kicking in, must try to sleep again. Maybe now I will sleep better. Thank you to all who have posted. BES is right, probably not much more to cover here. It was really awesome of all of you to help me with my profile! If I do find another site I will use as much of that as possible. Thank you again!

Update

Just before going to sleep, realized that I am a Co-Creator of the experience at OK Cupid. that I could be causing others to be angry or frustrated because of the age range I have set. Part of the action I can take to make the experience more enjoyable for myself is to make it more enjoyable for others. So I have set my age range to 18-49, just for today or however long I leave my account open.

Good thinking once again! By leaving the age question open, you look like somebody who just doesn't care much about it. Remember, the choice is always yours if you actually want to meet a particular person who contacts you... ;)

Edited by Michael Sternbach

I met the woman I am with through OK cupid...those dating sites are powerful things...what I recommend is making the most detailed, accurate ad you can, specifying exactly what you want and don't want and demand absolute honesty. Hell if I found the perfect match out of all the millions and billions of people in the world, I would move anywhere to be with them. Fuck job security and attachments to house and land- that stuff is all ephemeral. People are the only real things in this place...everything else is scenery...maybe TTB should have a personals section!

<   APERADFP !  

-  actually physically enacted reactive automatic  double face palm >

DreamBliss, I won't jump in this time to defend you since you said you prefer that I don't.

But against Nungali's APERADFP, I advise using the Kenpo technique "Thrusting Wedge": As the opponent's hands shoot towards your face, quickly thrust out your own arms, deflecting his arms to both sides while your thumbs gauge his eyes. As opponent's hands come back to his face in agony, seize his right wrist by your left hand and pull him into a right vertical elbow to the chin. Follow up by scraping your right hand down through his eyes so it ends up in front of his groin. Where it is of course perfectly placed for a low blow using a back fist strike.

If that ain't enough to stop him, be free to give me a call for further advice...

But seriously... Can we keep ideas of physical violence off this thread, please? :D

• Like 1

Nungali was sinking down in his chair and slapping his own face in dismay, no need to block.

DB- kids were watching Pumping Iron the other day. You definitely look better than Arnold Schwarzenegger. Those guys were freakish.

You're going to need to at least buy those young pretty girls lunch. That seems to be conventional for those sites. My friend who ended up with the older guy grumbled about getting fat from going to mediocre chain lunch places, so if you can find a cool veggie cafe or something a bit off the mainstream maybe you'll stand out a little.

• Like 2

If you get a job at place like UPS or get on with a landscape crew, you can get paid to get fit. How cool is that?

I don't know about landscaping though, to much low down on the ground work, bending over, all that..UPS probably fun though

Realized that I am not having fun. When it comes right down to it, life should be fun, dating should be fun, I should be enjoying my dating experience, not going to bed angry and frustrated.

I don't think you need any advice. You want to enjoy life, women want to enjoy life, sometimes there is attraction, sometimes there isn't.

As for meeting people I've never had any luck either, except for when I was traveling around China. It was so easy to meet people. Almost too easy.

Yes, in many Asian countries many young women are open to western men of all shapes and ages, much more than what you usually observe in Europe or America.

I don't know about landscaping though, to much low down on the ground work, bending over, all that..UPS probably fun though

Fun is contraindicated for aspiring artist and writer. He should be seeking out maximum pain- terrible oppression, general suffering, desperately in love with someone who treats him cruelly- that sort of thing, then turn it into Art.

• Like 2

Yes, she is, and I do appreciate it. But BES is also a woman, and speaking in defense of her gender.

Yes, BES is a woman, one of those strange creatures that you want to try to hook into your life...

I was not speaking in defense of my gender, i was only speaking hoe how i think a woman of 25 feels, having been a woman of 25 i think i'm able to put up a reasonable opinion.

But: defense means you see this as a match...it's not.. life is not a match, it's a dance

being friends,

dating,

making love,

living,

stroking a cat,

caring for a child,

caring for a grandmum,

caring for a man,

caring for a woman.....

it's all about dancing, about respecting eachother, about doing things together, flowing...

This is, as I said, a matter of conflicting rights. I have the right to desire women in a certain age range and with certain physical traits. They have a right to desire men in a certain age range with certain physical traits. And never shall the twain meet. Or something like that.

You have the right to desire whatever you want, but you'd better start enjoying life a bit.

last summer i was camping, there was a very handsomely build guy of about 25. A treat for my eyes, just like beautiful women, and kittens, and butterflies..

But i'm not gonna start desiring him...that's just not realistic, but i may look and enjoy, without any active intentions. 

You start doing something, Nikolai's advice was spot on.

stop this tread, open a new one and post every day about activities that you've undertaken to take your life into your hands. Whether that's jogging, weightlifting, looking for a job, etc. and go out"there is no need for that to be very expensive, one drink can take you a long way... and buying a second one for a woman, a nice thirtyish woman with a bit to much fat everywhere  :P isn't that expensive either.

and, btw, i haven't got a cent either, ill too, for months already, but when i'm healthy enough again i'll go out again too, there are always possibilities, but you gotta grab them, jump on them.

O course life's deck is stacked against you. That's what life's about. To still get it done and have some fun to

Edited by blue eyed snake
  • Like 2

DreamBliss, I won't jump in this time to defend you since you said you prefer that I don't.

But against Nungali's APERADFP, I advise using the Kenpo technique "Thrusting Wedge": As the opponent's hands shoot towards your face, quickly thrust out your own arms, deflecting his arms to both sides while your thumbs gauge his eyes. As opponent's hands come back to his face in agony, seize his right wrist by your left hand and pull him into a right vertical elbow to the chin. Follow up by scraping your right hand down through his eyes so it ends up in front of his groin. Where it is of course perfectly placed for a low blow using a back fist strike.

If that ain't enough to stop him, be free to give me a call for further advice...

But seriously... Can we keep ideas of physical violence off this thread, please? :D

Michael Sternbach !      That is the most outrageously violent reactive suggestion as to how to deal with me I have ever read anywhere on the all the forums I have been on .... tut tut !

However I will put it down to your 'poor ' understanding of English terms and familiarity with internet forum lingo   ;)

DFP  ; 

hqdefault.jpg

The next level is a TFP ( but hard to achieve by oneself ... it is usually achieved by consensus ) ;

57373.jpg

next in intensity is 

QepoL9q.jpg

I am shocked that you think I would  use violence against  this cute innocent little guy

photo-thumb-90029.jpg?_r=1421016598

Truly shocked ! 

evilgrin0030.gif

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 2

Nungali was sinking down in his chair and slapping his own face in dismay, no need to block.

DB- kids were watching Pumping Iron the other day. You definitely look better than Arnold Schwarzenegger. Those guys were freakish.

You're going to need to at least buy those young pretty girls lunch. That seems to be conventional for those sites. My friend who ended up with the older guy grumbled about getting fat from going to mediocre chain lunch places, so if you can find a cool veggie cafe or something a bit off the mainstream maybe you'll stand out a little.

Thank you .

I actually dont go out on dates ... maybe I will go to a restaurant  very rarely, but the food is usually not as good as I can cook and it costs a lot as well.

Its better to invite them to a cooked meal at home ( but its harder for many to go to a home first than a restaurant - but then, I dont go on dates, or go out with people I dont already know ), in my case, /// what's you pleasure ;  Thai, Chinese, Japanese, Persian, Italian, Greek ? 

Once I told a woman I was hopeless at dating , I wouldnt know what to do or where to go. I would rather make some food and supplies and take it up to Gondwanaland picnic area, cook over hot coals on a BBQ and eat it  looking out over the rainforest . She thought that sounded great and said 'Can I come?"   :blink:   I wasnt expecting that! 

A picnic !   How lame could I have gotten ?  

never-never-picnic-area.jpg

{ I just remembered that I have some old scripts about special cooking  for dates at home when I did a radio show , a segment called ' Cooking with Eric Esoteric'  .... perhaps I should put one up here ?   To explain some of the ' finesse' of the 'art'  ( I am sure some can imagine what sort of a radio show I might produce ? )  - have to rummage through the files ... as I recall the one with the recipe for ' Venusian Oysters'  might be the go ? 

I was not speaking in defense of my gender, i was only speaking hoe i think a woman of 25 feels, 

Errrrmmmm .... I think, considering the context here ... you might have made an unfortunate typo up there ?   snicker.gif

I don't even know where to start. Haven't since about a page ago...

Nikoli, your advice does not resonate with me at this time. But I appreciate you providing it.

BES, you have been continually patient with me, thank you. That last bit I said about you defending your gender, it didn't feel right when I said it. I am afraid I saw it exactly as you detected I saw it, a fight or a war, something that had to be battled and fought. But you are correct, or at least what you said does resonate with me, life is a dance. And unfortunately I have two left feet. But it is about the journey and the learning how to move with others, having fun with that. So I was way off base with what I said. My sincerest apologies. Thank you or your patience.

Also if I may give some probably unwanted and definitely unasked for advice... Next time you see a young, handsome man out in the woods alone, if you are not spoken for, go after him! When opportunity knocks, always answer the door! Same for when the Muse comes knocking, if you are the artistic type.

Nungali, you have also been patient with me, keeping things humorous and light here. You must be having fun with this, or you wouldn't be able to do that. A good example for me to follow. Thank you.

Michael, I will save the martial arts moves for when Nungali gets out of line, or when BES finally looses her patience with me and throws a desk at me for a DeskPlant. Although in the case of a thrown desk I don't think it will do much good...

Thank you for your advice and continuing support. For the official record, "We cool!"

All Else, Again thank you for your advice and viewpoints.

I find myself stuck in a rock and a hard place. In order to have the sort of relationship I want, I have to conform. I have to look a certain way, I have to have a 9-5 job, I have to live a certain way... I have to change myself into something other than I am to suit them.

But I have to be who I am to allow my purpose to unfold. I have to honor how I feel about changing myself to conform to society. Among many other things I do not agree with the idea that I have to work some 9-5 job, that this is the only way to have money and provide for myself and someday, a family.

I have said it many times before... My dad worked at Safeway for 30+ years before retiring. I know what all these years of work earned him. I know that part of it has to do with his mindset about money. I know the societal model of getting educated and working until retirement has nothing to do with why we are here, having a physical experience. It is the human race's idea of how things should be (@ 5:50):

I am actually surprised to see so many defending this model here at what I consider to be a very spiritual place populated by very spiritually mature people just blindly taking this idea, holding it up and saying, "This is how it is" as if it has always been that way, as if there is no other way it ever could be, and as if anyone that does not accept this is somehow wrong. I would have thought there would be more of you saying, "Listen, the societal model is a pile of shit, let's figure something else out."

Well you can add me to the dissenting voices at least. What it comes down to is you are all probably correct. This just is not the best time for me to be looking to start any sort of relationship. What you didn't understand was that I was trying to determine if there was any reason for me to stick around here (where I live.) Trying to find my way and some reason to keep going. But I remain lost and without any reason to continue.

But that is the way it is. That is the apparent reality of my situation, the apparent reality of life in general, and the apparent reality of society. No point resisting it. Resistance just makes these apparent realities stronger, and they are strong enough already. Admit, Allow and Accept. It is up to me to focus on a different reality, the one I want. If I create the reality I experience, if I can choose it, then this is the only path left open to me.

I don't know what else to say. I accede defeat.

Edited by DreamBliss

Hi Dreambliss,

I find myself stuck in a rock and a hard place. In order to have the sort of relationship I want, I have to conform. I have to look a certain way, I have to have a 9-5 job, I have to live a certain way... I have to change myself into something other than I am to suit them.

What you need speciifically is money.  You need the freedom to move and act and be in the social realm in accordance with your own inner impulses.  Now, your impulses might be conventional (like your taste in women) or unconventional (like your interest in the Shamanic), it doesn't matter.  Money is the Qi of the social realm.  It is a form of energy, and you are depleted. 

Some impulses require vast amounts of Fiscal Qi: beware of these impulses! I think what you want for a contented life can be achieved by relatively small amounts.  But now you have way too little even for your modest needs.  You know this is the truth! You want a girlfriend but you haven't got anywhere near the money to do anything but sit in your room..

If you don't want to change yourself, don't.  But then I would only be recommending that you not get upset over your love life when actually you don't want a love life.  It would be conventional thinking to suggest that you MUST start a family. I'm not saying that.  I'm saying that if you want a family and a relationship then you must find the money! I don't care if you work - win the lottery if you can. I only care that you find the money, even if its the bare minimum.

Among many other things I do not agree with the idea that I have to work some 9-5 job, that this is the only way to have money and provide for myself and someday, a family.

OK, so what other ideas do you have? If it gets you the money then its a good idea.

My dad worked at Safeway for 30+ years before retiring. I know what all these years of work earned him.

They earned him the ability to find a wife and raise a family.  Again, if you don't want that there's no law that you do.  But it would be wisdom to make sure that you don't harbour conflicting desires.

It sounds like your Dad led a blameless kind of life, but maybe he has been a imperfect example if he didn't work from a place of joy and exuberance.  The best examples love their work, and would do it even if they didn't need to financially.

What you didn't understand was that I was trying to determine if there was any reason for me to stick around here (where I live.) 

Well I for one think you should leave and move to some kind of city not too far away.  

I am actually surprised to see so many defending this model here at what I consider to be a very spiritual place populated by very spiritually mature people just blindly taking this idea, holding it up and saying, "This is how it is" as if it has always been that way, as if there is no other way it ever could be, and as if anyone that does not accept this is somehow wrong. 

The model you represent is a human westernised version of a model that is repeated throughout nature.  It is a pattern woven by the Tao itself and you see it in the birds working to feed their young, the ants building their nest, and the human their cities with all the manifold functions of a city.

Your work this far has been, let's call it Priestly in nature.  But there is a part of you that wants to express a more active role as a Householder.  You are changing, and so needs your changing, and this means your behaviour must change.  This is very, very, very common, especially at your age.

All this "I don't want to conform" stuff is an outworn narrative for you.  It was appropriate while you were a priest, but now you want all the conventional things that the householder wants: wife and kids and home.  You have conventional desires? You must be led by conventions like money. Simple as.

You know, it won't be anywhere near as hard as you think it will be.  I can absolutely promise you that!

For my second idea, I'd like to take a different tack.  There is only way way in which all of this thread can be combined into one coherent strategy (its even unconventional!).

OKCupid Profile

Name:    Dreambliss

Calling all you career women!!  Are you a busy, driven woman with a flourishing work life?  Do you long to find a soulmate, but cannot take the time to look?  Are you accumulating wealth fast, but long for a partner to share all the fine things that your money can buy? Would you love to have some kids running about your mansion, but can't bear the idea of sacrificing your career to care for them?

Look no further!

I am a spiritually realised male who naturally wants nothing more than to stay at home looking after our kids.  Yes, you heard right...Our Kids. Not only is my 40 year old equipment still in full working order, but sexual release is the third most important thing in my life ( see list below)

Let's release each other from unhappiness!

I can be reached by email, cell or XBox Live...

etc.

what do we all think?

• Like 1

DB - I watched my father work himself in to an early grave. First he had a bad heart attack from stress and overwork (after being layed off for a disability in the fire brigade and ripped off on a proper injury payment ) . But he recovered and could have had an early retirement and still done all the things he loved; surfing, but not in big surf, fishing, but get a little outboard motor instead of rowing ... etc.   His work ethic wouldnt allow it and he went back and died from another heart attack.

That made a bit of an impression on me when I was young. What;s the point anyway if you slog the best years of your life out and even do get 20 years retirement when you are old and worn out at the end, even if it doesnt kill you first.

Of course, everyone said I had to, that is how it worked, you saved up and got 'superannuation' that would look after you. I even said way back then, "They will probably steal that off the old people when they become old and helpless. I dont trust the bastards ! "

Everyone thought I was a terrible person and being ridiculous ... but that is exactly what ended up happening here !

So I decided back then to drop out and have my fun.  I have never looked back and had a full and wonderful life, lived in many places, travelled and had many wonderful relationships.   What you describe above, what you seem to be projecting on us en mass ?  is nothing like I think or what I have done.

Sure I have had straight jobs at times, some for years on end; in the hospital, cooking, film industry,  teaching   (hmmm ... now that I think, I had it so I could walk barefoot across the paddocks and go to work at the school as it was next door, and they didnt mind if I taught in bare feet - back then,  - I guess the point is , jobs dont have to be that straight or limiting or not fun. Just dont get bogged down in them.  Or in a life situation either.) 

When I made the break I had about  $600  some clothes and camping stuff and a small cheap motorcycle .... off I went.

Do you know the Sufi story where  the master  instructed the seeker to go and throw himself in the river ?   

Forty 

Returning is the motion of the Tao. 

Yielding is the way of the Tao. 

The ten thousand things are born of being. 

Being is born of not being.

Forty-eight 

In the pursuit of learning, every day something is acquired. 

In the pursuit of Tao, every day something is dropped. 

Less and less is done 

Until non-action is achieved. 

When nothing is done, nothing is left undone.

The world is ruled by letting things take their course. 

It cannot be ruled by interfering.

Seventy-eight 

Under heaven nothing is more soft and yielding than water. 

Yet for attacking the solid and strong, nothing is better; 

It has no equal. 

The weak can overcome the strong; 

The supple can overcome the stiff. 

Under heaven everyone knows this, 

Yet no one puts it into practice. 

Therefore the sage says: 

He who takes upon himself the humiliation of the people is fit to rule them. 

He who takes upon himself the country's disasters deserves to be king of the universe. 

The truth often sounds paradoxical.