DreamBliss

DreamBliss gears up for dating... HELP!

Yes, become less and less revealing and authentic!  That's how dating works here! ;)

skeletons_in_your_closet_md_wm.jpg

Seriously though...is that a little Poison Ivy growing out of the crack in the foreground in your main photo? 

7206052539446892629.jpeg?v=1

Or perhaps some Blackberry?

I think it's a blackberry. But if it is poison ivy, I guess that picture could be some sort of statement...

OK... Oblique drug references.... Lets see... Ever heard of Ram Das? Yes, I would like to share special Altoids peppermints with you when the time is right...

:D

OK, how's this:

"You would like to break through the veil of "reality" with me, following in the steps of shamans and spiritual teachers like Alex Grey and Ram Dass."

Updated.

Edited by DreamBliss

Also emailed the business where that woman I met works. I'm checking my email now...

Emailed her business ? ! ? !      Good Lord !    I cant help imagining what you might have written  :blink:

• Like 1

OK, how's this:

"You would like to break through the veil of "reality" with me, following in the steps of shamans and spiritual teachers like Alex Grey and Ram Dass."

Updated.

and-jesus-wept-iii-ricky-barnard.jpg

Hey did you know that this statue is displaying the M sign? I better save it to my hard drive and go tell Scott Wolter about it!

OK, so it seems obvious you don't like what I said. How about a better suggestion? You are good at more than just criticizing I presume?

Edited by DreamBliss
  • Like 1

I wonder if a line somewhere in the bottom would say something like 'I know the perfect blank(tea shop, coffee shop, bakery, veggy restaurant) in blank (someplace close to you) Give me a call, lets meet, share a cup of tea and get to know each other'.  Ask for action but make it non-threatening. 

Woman like a man who can cook.  You should describe a specialty that you make, to add some human interest.

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 1

Hey did you know that this statue is displaying the M sign?

No ... what , where , how ?    What is an M sign   (which is weird , as I was just reading a debate about an M symbol 

I better save it to my hard drive and go tell Scott Wolter about it!

OK, so it seems obvious you don't like what I said. How about a better suggestion? You are good at more than just criticizing I presume?

If I was a boss or worker and I got an email to the company about a worker from some guy that met at her at lunch and wanted ....   well, wanted what ?   

You could: go back to the same place for lunch, or go to where she works on business ( an hope to meet or see her - not go there and ask for her ,  should have got a contact in the first place (I know, that's a useless suggestion at this stage , maybe you will get another chance ) ...  I dont know how it works there, but here one is not supposed to give out any non-work related info or contacts to the public, about staff. Its a privacy thing.   Otherwise, guys would be hunting women via their work place.

Even for other reasons, even 'emergencies' one is told 'Sorry, we cant give out information about our staff."

Did you get a reply email from them ?

The 2nd thing, you seem determined to drop this drug thing in their laps, no matter what advice people give you, you just create another version of it.

Hand up how many women out there want to meet a guy to trip with ?

You could start on a simpler more realistic plane, like a normal date.   I dunno, it just seems weird to me,  why have partner to explore your  own internal spaces ... and why your 'dream date woman' instead of a Shaman or guide - no, I dont need an answer, I jam just suggesting a  ..... 'topic for meditation'. 

I would suggest being general and say you have a wide range of interests , including ' exploring consciousness' - I would not take it further than that.  That 'covers you', declares your interest and doesnt go too far. You can always get right out there later, if that is what develops. 

Lets not forget ... you were after a date ....     you are not experienced with women relationships and sex, perhaps you should be content, at first, to be a little less .....  ummm ....  'specific' ?   Dont start getting so much into the details of what you ultimately would like and project that.  

If a good relationship follows, the dynamics of that alone may be different enough for you ....  I recently had an A M A Z I N G experience like that ... would not trade it for a hand full of pure Swiss 25s !   And would rather have had that experience than a 'mere' trip with her. 

• Like 1

Thank you for the advice. OK, so I will change that to, "If you would like to explore consciousness with me" or "If you enjoy exploring consciousness."

I am too lazy to find all the information to answer your question about the M sign. Here is a link to Mr. Wolter's blog:

http://scottwolteranswers.blogspot.com/

The gist of it his theory is that Jesus and Mary Magdalene had a child, and this bloodline has been protected by the Knights Templar, down to the Freemasons. That America was founded on Knights Templar/Freemason ideals, that in fact many of our founding fathers were Freemasons.

Furthermore the Knights Templar fled to America, long before Christopher Columbus, who (guess what) was also involved with the Knights Templar. There is a picture with him making that M sign, and his boats have the Templar cross on their sails.

The M sign is made when you place your two middle fingers together, and spread out the outer two. It is not a natural finger position to have. It is seen in many paintings and statues. Mr. Wolter believes this is how the bloodline story has been preserved.

If anyone wants to go into all of that I recommend starting another thread for it. I will gladly cut and paste what I said here there as needed. Or you can copy it over if you like.

I will make the adjustments to my OKC profile later.

thelerner

Is my profile somehow threatening in your opinion? Does it need to be friendlier?

Thank you, everyone, for your help!

Edited by DreamBliss
  • Like 1

Well, whatever happens with all this, I´ve got to admire your courage putting yourself out there to be critiqued like this.  You asked for help, received replies, and actually seem to have taken advantage of the collective wisdom thrown at you.  That´s actually pretty rare in my experience.  Kudos!

Liminal

• Like 2

No, its not threatening.  I was just suggesting it include a call for action, in this case meeting for tea, that is less threatening then  a formal date. 

• Like 1

OK, maybe something like, "You want to get together for a cup of coffee or tea and a chat?" in the message me section?

Although that is kind of funny, because one of the OK Cupid questions is something like, "What makes a better first date?

A. Coffee and a chat

B. Drinks  and groping

I swear every female on the site I have found has selected B!

Edited by DreamBliss

yeah, but more sizzle in the copy, ie 'I know an amazing place that serves the best blanky blank (coffee or tea drink, no make it Chai for the demographic you're trying to attract)  in the area, join me for a cup and conversation'.  Then make sure you find a place that has extra good chai drinks.

on the other hand.

If woman are selecting the B option with groping, maybe I'm old and out of it or used to a slower moving crowd and my advice is too old fashion. 

If you go out for coffee with some , please do not order a ..... 

@  1.45  ... or a  @ 2.36

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 1

Well some of you will not approve of this. But I did an experiment today, set my search terms to 18-24, and all of a sudden I am seeing beautiful women. Before all I have been seeing are the same women, some of which I have messaged and never received a response back from. Many of which are overweight or have children.

I think OK Cupid has some sort of age bias programmed into its matching algorithm. It is trying to keep me matched to people no more than 8 years younger than I am. Well I am allowed my preference, and I prefer younger women. If society has a problem with that, and OK cupid is trying to conform to it, tough shit!

I won't go on and on about this. But I have changed my age range from 18-30 out of sheer frustration. Add that to the pool of things I would like in a dating site. No matching based on age biases! Speaking of does anyone have any other free dating site they recommend?

As always I appreciate your help!

Update!

Just found out that most of these women that I was interested in are not interested in men my age. I respect the terms a woman lays out in her profile. I will not contact someone looking just for friends, or men under 30. I know some would, but I try to be respectful of the preference of others.

Well if that is the way OK Cupid is going to be, then it makes my decision easier. Have some things to check first. Will come back with more when I have. But it looks like I will be deleting my account. I will save all the info in my profile, and use it elsewhere. You guys helped me out with this and I will not loose all that work.

But my apologies to Michael, who advised I tried this. I have, given it a month, but I have not a single reason to stick around now. Maybe another site will be better, we'll see. I won't be making any final decisions until the end of this month. I said I would give it a month, so I will.

OK, so I checked. There is no way for me to search by a woman's preferred age range. I have no way to set my preferred age range, and search for women who are interested in people up to age 40. So that's the death knell of OK Cupid for me. There are just too many things I do not like about this.

For anyone else considering online dating, there are two things you will want to know as a spiritual person. If it is your practice to not criticize or judge, you may find it very hard to use an online dating site. The other problem is that you will find yourself focused a lot on what you do not want. Unless you ave absolutely no bias or preference, then these two things will not bother you.

Outside of matters of spirituality, just as a person, you may find severely limited features in all free online dating services. OK Cupid is supposed to be one of the best and least limited. You can actually message people. But even OK Cupid is lacking in many needed features would would make the experience far more enjoyable.

Edited by DreamBliss

It has occurred to me that dating websites may not suit you. I think they are great for people who are everyday conventional people with interchangeable interests,occupations and personal appearance.

I think you are a niche prospect. Something unique that will appeal to individuals rather than whole categories of women. Sure you can have fun dating, but actual long term success is probable going to come at the local yoga centre, meditation class, spiritual retreat. When the right woman meets you, hears you talk, reads your poetry she will love you. And I think that you will love her back - and to your surprise she may even be a bit overweight, just like you are, and it won't matter to you and it won't matter to her.

That's the way love works! Believe me!

• Like 2

Dating sites just just don't work for a hell of a lot of people. But there's a lot of hope, which is why the industry is so massive. I've also heard that if you are really serious about dating online you need to pay money and get a proper smart service.

Well some of you will not approve of this. But I did an experiment today, set my search terms to 18-24, and all of a sudden I am seeing beautiful women. Before all I have been seeing are the same women, some of which I have messaged and never received a response back from. Many of which are overweight or have children.

I think OK Cupid has some sort of age bias programmed into its matching algorithm. It is trying to keep me matched to people no more than 8 years younger than I am. Well I am allowed my preference, and I prefer younger women. If society has a problem with that, and OK cupid is trying to conform to it, tough shit!

I won't go on and on about this. But I have changed my age range from 18-30 out of sheer frustration. Add that to the pool of things I would like in a dating site. No matching based on age biases! Speaking of does anyone have any other free dating site they recommend?

As always I appreciate your help!

Update!

Just found out that most of these women that I was interested in are not interested in men my age. I respect the terms a woman lays out in her profile. I will not contact someone looking just for friends, or men under 30. I know some would, but I try to be respectful of the preference of others.

Well if that is the way OK Cupid is going to be, then it makes my decision easier. Have some things to check first. Will come back with more when I have. But it looks like I will be deleting my account. I will save all the info in my profile, and use it elsewhere. You guys helped me out with this and I will not loose all that work.

Certainly you can use what we came up with elsewhere. I don't expect any copyright issues.

But my apologies to Michael, who advised I tried this.

No apologies required. The idea was all yours, I just encouraged and supported your follow-through. I am actually not too convinced that this will make your wish come true directly, but I know that whatever you invest so much thought and energy into will pay off, one way or another, maybe even quite apart from the Internet. It's called the Law of Attraction...

I have, given it a month, but I have not a single reason to stick around now. Maybe another site will be better, we'll see. I won't be making any final decisions until the end of this month. I said I would give it a month, so I will.

Good attitude. :)

OK, so I checked. There is no way for me to search by a woman's preferred age range. I have no way to set my preferred age range, and search for women who are interested in people up to age 40. So that's the death knell of OK Cupid for me. There are just too many things I do not like about this.

For anyone else considering online dating, there are two things you will want to know as a spiritual person. If it is your practice to not criticize or judge, you may find it very hard to use an online dating site. The other problem is that you will find yourself focused a lot on what you do not want. Unless you ave absolutely no bias or preference, then these two things will not bother you.

Outside of matters of spirituality, just as a person, you may find severely limited features in all free online dating services. OK Cupid is supposed to be one of the best and least limited. You can actually message people. But even OK Cupid is lacking in many needed features would would make the experience far more enjoyable.

Body shape deltas in relationships? Regarding this, I found a fairly educational video:

I have a deep psychological aversion to committing to a date ( means, not jumping out the toilet window 5 mins into dinner) when you dont really know what you will end  up with

Arrrrggh !

• Like 1

I have a deep psychological aversion to committing to a date ( means, not jumping out the toilet window 5 mins into dinner) when you dont really know what you will end  up with

Arrrrggh !

DUDE!

Can I have her contact info! How can I get in touch with her? I like totally want to go out with this chic! She's perfect!!!

Edited by DreamBliss

Hey Michael, the video has been blocked for my country, something about copyright issues. Could you give me the gist of it? Of the season/episode number, then I could track it down.