Wun Yuen Gong

Supernormal Powers from Internal arts?

I'd like to see either of these magical feats demonstrated. I practice Daoist meditation from the Kun Lun Xian Zong school. I'm not that far advanced but there is nothing remotely like what I've seen described in Lama Dorje's site. Perhaps I'm not far enough along in my training to be exposed to the "supernatural" stuff and perhaps our systems are very different but at this point I believe that what is needed is time, patience, commitment, and practice rather than a mysterious direct transmission from a master for a few hundred dollars... Where is the precedent in the history of internal development for achieving enlightenment without years of diligent effort simply for a fee?

Steve

Exactly. It is unprecedented, but necessary at this time. Too few have had too much for too long, for no good reason.

People assume all of this is supposed to be hard. It is not. Especially when your practicing the root.

Edited by Mantra68

Exactly. It is unprecedented, but necessary at this time. Too few have had too much for too long, for no good reason.

Check out the new free radio interview from Qigong Master Chunyi Lin and you'll see proof of high level magic healing powers.

I took his classes and he's for real! Wow. I even developed telekinesis, precognition and telepathy. I still have "O at a D" powers (orgasm at a distance) haha.

http://www.springforestqigong.com/content/view/56/85/

Mantra68

Great post, i know that inside us we have all got abilties, do you some people have abilties that others wont have or they just havent uncovered it within themselves?

Also your feel that most systems have hidden abilities within there internal forms but dont realise it?

Thanks

WYG

P.S good that you are open enough to come here to share your knowledge about Lama Dorje!

Mantra68

Great post, i know that inside us we have all got abilties, do you some people have abilties that others wont have or they just havent uncovered it within themselves?

Also your feel that most systems have hidden abilities within there internal forms but dont realise it?

Thanks

WYG

P.S good that you are open enough to come here to share your knowledge about Lama Dorje!

It is best to not focus on abilities. They will come and they have their purpose but they are merely side effects on the path. More important is to achieve union with the Tao.

Hi Mantra,

Yeah, i totally agree but i also would like to know what it feels like with a skill or abilty what the level of chi is inside and outside the body. So this fasinates me alot cause i wanna feel what it feels like for me not to hurt or use it for ill purposes!

regards

WYG

Missing the inspired point must count for something. Forget about it. ;0)

What do you feel right NOW when you practice?

What personal experiences prompt your inquiry into feeling the "supernatural"?

Keep asking Question.

Even this is Practices.

Forget me Knots,

Spectrum

Keep Even Forget

Question Practices Knots

Edited by Spectrum

I understand you thanks, but i chose to ask questions that im interested in, so you practise and not worry about my questions if you think you dont need to know by just doing. I was hoping to get some answers for a good discussion of how these abilties form, cultivate, taught, used, etc. I understand there is no other way but to train i do understand that, but you will need to let go of your emotions to be good at your training cause you putting to much time into thinking of me which isnt the WAY!

Hi Mantra,

Yeah, i totally agree but i also would like to know what it feels like with a skill or abilty what the level of chi is inside and outside the body. So this fasinates me alot cause i wanna feel what it feels like for me not to hurt or use it for ill purposes!

regards

WYG

We are not dealing with chi. The energy is more like divine mind. It is intention.

That is all I can tell you for now.

A good place to start is to try the test I describe in my post "Kunlun Bliss Practice"

So..just in case anyone didn't already know..I am very excited to see Lama Dorje.

I will basically go into this with as open and humble a mind as I can. No real expectations. No demands. Just there to check out what's up.

namaste

So..just in case anyone didn't already know..I am very excited to see Lama Dorje.

I will basically go into this with as open and humble a mind as I can. No real expectations. No demands. Just there to check out what's up.

namaste

Hey Cameron, just wanted to let you know that we are doing another free lecture the night before the seminar at the Bodhi Tree Bookstore in West Hollywood.

This provides a way for people to get to meet Lama Dorje and ask him whatever questions they may have.

See you there.

Chris

I understand you thanks, but i chose to ask questions that im interested in, so you practise and not worry about my questions if you think you dont need to know by just doing.

A Misunderstanding of my Intentions.

I was hoping to get some answers for a good discussion of how these abilties form, cultivate, taught, used, etc.

It's all true.

...but you will need to let go of your emotions to be good at your training cause you putting to much time into thinking of me which isnt the WAY!

I'm sorry did I miss an attachment? Emotions are a good way to clue us in as to our connections in this realm. Obviously you feel passionate about your quest. Good luck to you.

Spectrum

Spectrum.

Sorry for being abrupt but when i see and read people on forums that there teacher has a skill that is out of the ordainary it gets me excited. Most chi kung and martial arts these days have lost such skills and the only thing most people are doing is relaxation and fighting. So yeah, i kind of get all these questions in my head on how is it possible, and people such as John Chang, Lama Dorje, wang li Ping and others are now coming out showing these old martial arts myths are starting to be true, dont you think that is pretty exciting?

My oppoligies for the rudeness!

WYG

"Check out the new free radio interview from Qigong Master Chunyi Lin and you'll see proof of high level magic healing powers."

I listened, heard claims, but no proof. Like I said, I'll have to experience someone with alleged super powers

before I'll believe it. Secondly if these powers exist, I don't think they have anything to do with enlightenment.

Enlightenment is already there, we just need to polish the mirror to see our original face.

Cheers,

Buddy

After reading many of the threads here on people like John Chang, Wang Li Ping do you guys think its possible to achieve these powers from internal arts suchs as Taiji, Bagua, water boxing etc?

If not what do you feel these arts lack in order to achieve the powers of john Chang or Wang Li Ping as well Lama Dorje?

What is there secret behind geting such abilities?

WYG

To make it brief. I believe that the secret behind super"human" abilities is mainly breath.

But more so it involves a few things. Meditation, Breathing, Philosophy. possibly morality.

Thats my opinion i guess.

Sifu Robert Peng must be in a walking and talking Samadhi. When he did my treatment it took one forceful inhale and exhale, just one :blink:
Could you elaborate on this experience for us?

As in, how did it feel? And what effects did you experience from it? And was it effective in curing or opening anything? Also, how much does he charge to get zapped by him?

The secret... fasting, meditation(trance), and celibacy, and feeling not visualizing energy...

robert peng www.robertpeng.com is also able to generate electricity like john chang.

The secret... everyone wants to know... is the trance state... the deeper in trance you go the more enlightened you can become.

Trance work is the key... check out energy work by robert bruce and buy robert pengs dvd both are worth their weight in gold

Hi MWIGHT,

I completely agree, in fact, I could not agree more! Can you tell me why exactly you recommend Robert Pengs DVD? Why do you feel it is worth its weight in gold? Does Robert Peng also place emphasise upon trance? Please elaborate.

Many thanks!

In kind regards,

Adam.

The secret... fasting, meditation(trance), and celibacy, and feeling not visualizing energy...

It doesn't have to be complicated. The more time you spend going deeper and deeper into trance, the more aware you become, the more you "wake up" from this dream, the more lucid you become, and the more control you have over it.

some things for you to check out

robert peng www.robertpeng.com is also able to generate electricity like john chang.

The secret... everyone wants to know... is the trance state... the deeper in trance you go the more enlightened you can become.

Trance work is the key... check out energy work by robert bruce and buy robert pengs dvd both are worth their weight in gold

Trance work - pretty much a big detour - typically the gateway to going off the deep end.

Meditation alone will not easily get you there. It is the creation of the magnetic vortex via Kunlun that opens the dormant parts of the brain.

The magnetic vortex became a very real part of my permanent waking state when I was approx 22 yrs old.

It occurred quit suddenly during a lecture/ group meeting in a Gurdgieff group, though my primary practice was Raja yoga, mostly meditation. This was about 35 yrs ago.

Bull**** spotless.

Now I will concede it may indeed be a detour for the end goal of the systems you practice, but not mine. Also no trance state work doesn't make you go off the deep end, any more than sleeping does. Most people who go off the deep end have been working with practices to open their third eye, bring energy into the brain, psychedelic drugs, sleep deprivation etc.

Countless different Qigong and meditation exercises exist. All teach the basic idea of using consciousness to go into the emptiness where thoughts ultimately cease or greatly diminish and sensory connections to our bodies fade. We and everything in our world are all from the emptiness and will go back to the emptiness. It is a state of pure energy where we are one with the universe. Our bodies naturally direct us to the emptiness. When we get sick, for example, the first place we go is not to the hospital, but to bed. When we sleep, we feel relaxed and peaceful. We bring our mind and body into the emptiness. Everybody does this automatic meditation without noticing it during sleep and periods of deep relaxation. Most of our daily energy blockages are opened and resolved in this way The deeper you go into the emptiness, the faster your body will heal. By practicing Qigong we go into the emptiness where we effortlessly balance the Yin and Yang, the female and male energy. As the balance of energy comes back, the body heals.

-Chunyi Lin creator of Spring Forest Qigong

“You know how in meditation we slow down our breathing and our pulse? It’s because we move more and more into our yin consciousness.”

The Magus of Java: Teachings of an Authentic Taoist Immortal (p. 52)

“What is actual meditation like?” I asked.

“There are no thoughts and there is no sense of time. If you are
thinking, you are not in meditation. If you are aware of yourself, you
are also not in meditation. You must become like a baby in the womb,
there and yet not there. Meditation is like the borderline between
sleep and waking, between consciousness and unconsciousness.”

“Very difficult.”

“Not so difficult, Kosta. You stayed in meditation for long peri-
ods when you were an embryo and a baby, and you pass through it
now each time you drift off to sleep. You just have to remember how.”

Danaos, Kosta The Magus of Java (p. 82)

"I will enter total meditation—like the borderline between sleep and waking, okay?"

The Magus of Java: Teachings of an Authentic Taoist Immortal (p. 56)

Trance work - pretty much a big detour - typically the gateway to going off the deep end.

There are no supernormal powers in IMA, although it may appear so. They are arts, not magic.

Do not chase after this, it is a waste of time and energy, and it makes you egotistic. I'm talking from experience here.

Practice alone is already a great gift.

To make it brief. I believe that the secret behind super"human" abilities is mainly breath.

But more so it involves a few things. Meditation, Breathing, Philosophy. possibly morality.

Thats my opinion i guess.

I want to be clear that I am not arguing with the quote so much as clarifying they way in which it can be taken:

Breathing has little to do with super human abilities per se - that is not to say breathing is insubstantial.

Breath certainly has great value but issues dealing with depletion of ones energy are far more important. (and I am not referring to retention here)

And from a disaster standpoint, if breathing is your first tool - if it is the one you choose at the outset - it becomes a crutch not dissimilar to alcohol.

All you need to do is read the kundalini forums here to see the plethora of problems arising from cranking up the heat to various localized centers in order to pop out a result primarily with focused breathing. The retention forums are a study in what not to be doing before you are well along the path.

(It is one thing to be celibate, quite another to be breathing through your penis - read them - it will bring forth your compassion)

Along with sport yoga which is largely what we see throughout the West today, comprised mainly of fitness based marketing and moves based on yoga postures but a training that has nothing to do with yoga, we are now seeing - "how to awaken your kundalini in 90 days" right here in these forums.

The push to "feel" this subtle energy that is so much spoken of in these matters is understandable. And having a certain lack of timidity is part and parcel to swimming against the sleep of society. Knowing that "rules" are only rough guidelines and most of them are concocted by apple polishers does not help us in this matter.

With regard to this move inward the old teachings are from the masters - locksmiths so to speak.

Every so called short cut is most frequently the entry point to a long detour.

With the expansion of a great deal of formerly closely held higher forms and techniques now available everywhere - every temptation to find the simple AhHa answer to something that brings tangible miraculous phenomenon is now under our nose like a ripe pheromone.

Between the basket cases and the marauding testosterone bloodbaths registered here on every other forum - it seems pretty obvious that such things as "right thinking, right action, patience and so forth are key if one is to actually progress and not become part of some lower form circle jerk.

Most people are trying to die. The answers lie in having answers, labels and well founded points of view. We invest in these things, we dig in and lay our foundation and until some shock brings us out of our barricade - our "story" keeps us warm and fully automated - (dead).

It does not matter if you are right or wrong or more right than wrong.

If you are glued shut in any direction you are unable to be.

In it's simple form this is where breath is "the secret" - breathing in and out - as you are transported beyond what you "know".

On the journey inward the tortoise may appear to be slow when in fact he is raging past the hare.

Edited by Spotless

Tons of great posts and ideas here, I just feel obligated to mention that many practitioners are neglecting the #1 superpower everyone has right now - imagination.

I've been living in Brooklyn for the past year, and after being used to training at 8,000 feet in Colorado, it's been pretty grim. The lack of natural energy, the mindset of people here, the whole vibe is just really ugly and aggressive to me. But at a certain point, I just made the decision to enjoy myself.

So I employed my imagination. I started visualizing myself with an aura, streaming light and energy, running orbits and circuits I know about but also just playing. PLAYING. Being a child. Being amused.

We are very quick in America to shun this as escapism or as foolishness or even dangerous. Really? When I ride the subway I like to project that I'm in an opulent Victorian train car, with brass fittings, leaded glass, everyone in lavish evening clothes. I also appropriated the indiginous practice of sanctifying the landscape by choosing various buildings as power spots and assigning my own meaning and mythology to them. I used my imagination to transform a grim, toxic and depressed landscape into something immensely wonderful.

What I found was, engaging my imagination in this way spilled over into everything I did. When I sat down to work on my novel, I didn't have to take forever to get into the groove. I sat down and created wildly. Same thing with music - I felt more free to start experimenting and playing with musical ideas and concepts. Very shortly, everyone I interacted with seemed to really enjoy hanging out with me, and it was obvious why - I was actively resurrecting a huge part of my humanity that most people just totally shun.

IMO imagination is the godlike part of us. We can do anything we want with it. Say what you want about chi powers, the siddhis, and things which may or may not come online with a lot of chi and training - our imagination is online right now, always. The more you use it, the deeper it goes.

• Like 2