Wun Yuen Gong

Supernormal Powers from Internal arts?

Dogson posted:

"I've been living in Brooklyn for the past year, and after being used to training at 8,000 feet in Colorado, it's been pretty grim. The lack of natural energy, the mindset of people here, the whole vibe is just really ugly and aggressive to me. But at a certain point, I just made the decision to enjoy myself."

Cities can be taken as you like and it is not hard to see your viewpoint. I've spent quite a bit of time in the Rockies and lived in Tahoe for several years - the transition to Cities was always a real switch in pace and buzz among the inhabitants. Reno was pretty bleak compared to Tahoe, but San Francisco was fantastic.

Cities - especially very large cities are wonderful places - all types of enterprise day and night, people of all colors and from all over the world, the arts, intellectual arenas, spiritual pursuits, great teachers.

Cities are the hive of humans - great congregations engaged whether by choice or random encounter.

I live in the SF Bay Area where the earth energy is electric but a few years back I visited New York and found the place phenomenally alive and in some ways taken less for granted - perhaps this was because it was not long after 9/11.

Cities are art - the are messy grimy gritty human palettes where people play bumper cars with ideas and trade viewpoints with their strange food and odd looks while strutting among them are many and varied peacocks and sleek designs. The East coast has a hard chrome exterior but inside the lights stay up late.

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 1

Being normal is a super power. When we live with balance and harmony with all things, stop violence within ourselves and handle violent behavior with ease our skill is high. The simple awareness of Chi is a skill, most are stuck within a material world.

I make no claims of anything but ordinary, mundane things, I call these things spiritual,seeing that which has no form in that which has form a supernormal power. Others may think the ordinary is not spiritual and chase after altered states. I like the term supernormal BTW.

• Like 1

everyone already has super powers. they use them on accident and are unaware of their existence. ever look at the back of someone's head in public and they turn around and look right at you?

• Like 2

My perspective on this is everyone seriously has some sour grapes with the whole "supernatural" abilities thing.

They are part and parcel with true spiritual development.

It would be like saying you want to want to understand how to cook food, but making fire is a side track to this goal to be avoided.

This is as preposterous as asking for a cheeseburger, except without the cheese and without the burger.

You cannot have one with out the other, if you believe yourself to be enlightened and can't walk through a wall your delusional at best.

Yes the end goal is not the powers themselves, but they cannot be separated from true spiritual development.

It would be like saying oh I just want to be a Godlike being, but without any of the Godlike powers and knowledge.

Edited by More_Pie_Guy
  • Like 1

Thanks, Spotless, for the insight and perspective. It is helpful; and certainly while traveling I've felt this - places like Hong Kong, Bangkok, Tokyo, Kathmandu, Delhi are incredibly polluted but still inspired me so much and I did feel like I was experiencing great art. I think the difference is that I was traveling, and the cultural differences were so different that it continually brought me out of myself, or revealed to me habitual things I'm used to having in my own country, so just by virtue of those qualities not existing abroad, I learned about myself.

I think anywhere on Earth is a fantastic spot - in truth I feel that reality is holographic, and traveling is a chance to work with some inner quality. I guess it just depends on one's own balance point in relation to where we are. Brooklyn for me is very hard and aggressive. As an artist I'm inspired by natural beauty, so it feels asphyxiating to me, but whenever i've simply visited New York for short amount of times the hum and industry was very refreshing. I'm just craving something that isn't really here. (Nature)