Trunk

Clay Supplements

I just got my mountainroseherbs.com clay in the mail. The price is right and the stuff has a good vibe but it takes like incense... yuckkers!! I've taken a week or so off the clay and have been trying humic shale flavored water and it's good. The buzz isn't as strong as the clay, but it's easy to just chug a gulp from the bottle. Better on convenience.

Just an update on my experience.

I took some bentonite a couple weeks ago and went for a walk. I felt a very grounded feeling, like gravity had increased 10% and a lot of tension in my body that I usually carry around had melted into a kind of relaxed solidity, and, yes very calming.

Reminded me of kids with mental problems who wear heavy flack jackets for calming because it helps them feel safe.

My instinct tells me that, for me, occasional use would be best. (Like during cleansing periods.) A neat discovery though.

Happy Mid-Autumn Moon festival everyone!

troubleshooting tips:

In the process of trying to figure out how to take pascalite, I eventually read the directions whereupon I learned that they recommend 1/4 teaspoon doses and not the larger doses that I was getting headaches from. At the lower doses, I get an energy kick immediately and no headache but I often notice a "pre-headache" feeling. By mixing it up and letting it mostly settle out, and not taking it every day, I can strike the right balance, I believe.

In contrast, I can take Terramin as much as I feel like and no head effects occur.

I'm gravitating towards lots of high fiber with the clays too, especially processes stuff like Metamucil (sp?) Fiber One, etc. That pulls lots of water into the intestines and I'd like to think has subtle body hydrating benefits too.

One clay based diet recommends clay, metamucil, and oil (primrose? I forget which kind.) to be taken together as a long term thing.

I may have found a nice, easy going way to take clay... take whatever clay you got and mix in water and let it settle. It actually gives city water a country "well water" taste to it that is nice. Kids are fine with it too. Then just refill the glass through the day and repeat.

Also, I was thinking that a modest amount of clay into the soup pot would be nice too. Or added to juice, etc.

I'm thinking of the Redmond and Pascalite more than the Terramin which has some grittiness to it. The Redmond and Pascalite wouldn't be noticed in a soup and would make it more nutritious.

The Redmond isn't as tricky as the Pascalite energetically, but is the expanding type, so shouldn't be overdone. I just do a dash of the pascalite.

two clay updates:

a friend of mine takes clay whenever he has clogged sinuses and it clears him up.

clay is nice to take while fasting... the minerals have a grounding effect and offsets the loss of minerals during fasting. (see eatqod.com for related thoughts.)

So it's been about a year since I discovered colonblow, poo ropes, clay etc.

I do a "P&B shake" (psyllium and bentonite) maybe once every week or every other week these days. I think that the combo is really good and the underlying ingredients to make good, sturdy poo ropes.

I have an appreciation for Sonne's clay... it's easier to ingest than most other clays.

A nice combo to take with fasting and/or with taking right before breaking a fast.

Very cool discussion. I've kept bentonite in my medicine chest while traveling and this has really helped bail me out of a couple situations where I ate bad food. An interesting reference for clays in the diets of animals can be found in Cindy Engel's "Wild Health" where she documents the use of clays by different species to conteract the presence of toxic metabolites in their diets. She also references a study that showed, at least in pigs, that adding clay to their feed increased their growth in general.

Another interesting reference to clays in regards to detoxing can be found under the term "enterosorption", which is a term used by Russians who were doing research at the time (1980's) on a form of activated charcoal to leach cellular trash (like lipofuscins, I believe) out of the tissues of rats. It was interesting because, if I remember correctly, they had actual histological sections of the tissues to show that it was more clear in older rats taking the charcoal, similar to younger rats.

Of course our individual mileage from this supp will vary, but this thread has me pondering a revisit on a cyclical, weekly basis.

Rene'

in the documentary of this post http://www.thetaobums.com/index.php?showtopic=6389&hl=

there is also a clay that turns the body blue ... that is interesting, i wonder if it is available for us to use also

I believe mumijo is a tibetan supplement that is also of some sort of clay

http://www.google.com/search?hl=nl&q=m...oeken&meta=

As far as them being a kidney tonic, absolutely. I've read that the Chinese have clay deposits they use as well, although I've not seen clay mentioned prominently on any comprehensive herb list.

The kind of bentonite (like Sonne's) that has the strong drawing power potentially could be the thing to remove stubborn toxic heat stagnation from the lower abdomen. On a powerful remedial basis. Honestly, that's my feel for it currently. A number of people have suffered horribly, long term, from that sort of situation - and I'm one of them. My situation was complicated by major illness by which I had major toxicity pushed into my tissues in a big way. I can feel Sonne's sucking out that toxicity, like nothing I've tried. ... Really, like almost no comparison.

The non-drawing kind could be useful on a more regular basis, more gradual restorative, maintainance. Gotta try 'em. I'm going to order terramin and pascalite today or Monday.

I'm curious about the differences, and want to learn more. I've put in an e-mail to join that yahoo group. If there's any other source that lays out the differences, Agharta, I'm all ears. Of course, gonna start experimenting. :)

Wow, perfect! I was just contemplating using clay for liver-cleansing, mercury detox & general lower torso detox!

Sooo, it sounds like Bentonite is the heavy-hitter, with Terramin, Pascalite, Redmond, etc being milder in effect?

What about any risks or side-effects to be aware of? Sounds like Trunk's depletion effects were correctable...with rich "pregnant woman" food. Might the clay ever get stuck in your intestines, though?

Can someone please summarize this thread with:

1) Which clay to buy?

2) Where to buy it?

3) Dosage?

4) Any supplements to take with it?

Very interesting...so where would we buy this antimicrobial agricur clay from, then?

Thanks!

Da clay n00b

I've noticed that nourishing clays seem to have lots of iron. I take clay regularly these days but just a bit due to the high iron... Start with Sonne's if you are into the cleaning angle. For nourishment... tough call. Maybe pascalite, but go with a small dose.

I'd be curious as to what others would recommend.

Can someone please summarize this thread with:

1) Which clay to buy?

2) Where to buy it?

3) Dosage?

4) Any supplements to take with it?Very interesting...so where would we buy this antimicrobial agricur clay from, then?

Thanks!

Da clay n00b

For mineral supplementation, you're going to want either Terramin or Pascalite. They are good for everyday use. For cleansing, you can try Redmond Clay, but be careful, you need to drink a LOT of water with the Redmond Clay. It will suck the moisture right out of your tissues (which is good, because along with the moisture comes lots of toxins, if you are toxic).

I take anywhere from 1-4 tablespoons daily, first thing after I wake up, with at least a quart of water.

As far as other supplements, I would take a calcium supplement too, because those clays are all magnesium heavy. That's good, you actually need more mag than cal, but it's good to do a little calcium supplementation. I also recommend a Vitamin D supplement to help you fully use the extra minerals, but that's something to be careful with, because it is a fat-soluble vitamin that can be overdosed, and your vitamin D status can vary tremendously from person to person, and even for the same person. It depends on various factors like diet, lightness of skin tone, and sun exposure.

So the clay I got is Hydrated Bentonite a 15ml dose contains 730mg Microfine Bentonite. Its distributed in Aus but is made in the USA. The health food shop said its the only one they can get so I guess I will see how it goes. It's in a plastic bottle too so I hope sonne's "Clay leaches petrochemicals out of plastic" isn't correct, but it probably is I wonder if 50 yrs in the future we will still be using plastic bottles......

Interestingly it reminds me of eating chalk, which would be a very old memory! So far I feel like I have.... well eaten some mud :) lower belly feels strangely full and a little bit off color.

Enjoying my Bentonite at 30ml in the morning, never ended up getting any psyllium so no ropes yet :)

Leaning towards trying out Pascalite, looks slightly cheaper than Terramin.

I've ordered "More precious than gold" and also, "

Was it a good read?

(probably should have asked that BEFORE I brought it :) )

Currently my KAP is at the earth element /root charka. Drinking clay after practice just feel so right.

Earth in my belly ^_^

Recently I have been trying several different calcium supplements. The best that I have tried is just bone, ground into powder. It's extremely calming and groundind, and helps me keep my temper when I am irritated. It's important to balance it with magnesium, because it's mostly calcium. Does anybody have any other thoughts on mineral supplements?

More precious than gold... you just lost some cash!! :lol: Sucked.

I'm currently following Winpro07's suggestion to play around with vitamin C and iodine to detox the pineal and Drew's suggestion to take more potassium. Potassium is pretty nasty, so I don't know if it's sustainable. My personal practice thread has a bit more on this if anyone is interested.