Trunk

Clay Supplements

More precious than gold... you just lost some cash!! :lol: Sucked.

haha, oh well :) Hopefully I'll enjoy my 1lb bag of clay and the 16 oz bottle. Apparently there are little free samples in there too.

thanks Mal for the thread recommendation!

i've been planning on doing a colon cleanse (have gas, bloating, sluggish feeling) and im happy to find such a simple approach of Clay + Psyllium. I think i'll also throw some Triphala into the mix (Indian ayurveid herb) which is a digestive and colon cleanser and general balancer.

it seems that most of you recommend to do Clay + Psyllium during fasts? so this isn't an every day thing? can this be done with food?

gonna order some of that Sonne's #7 Bentonite I think... or maybe I should get one of the other Clays? i have no idea. for those that experimented which do you recommend? Trunk was saying Sonne's is too powerful in some posts.. and in others was saying how it rocks.. so I don't know!

... any Psyllium will do?

Edited by mikaelz

thanks Mal for the thread recommendation!

i've been planning on doing a colon cleanse (have gas, bloating, sluggish feeling) and im happy to find such a simple approach of Clay + Psyllium. I think i'll also throw some Triphala into the mix (Indian ayurveid herb) which is a digestive and colon cleanser and general balancer.

it seems that most of you recommend to do Clay + Psyllium during fasts? so this isn't an every day thing? can this be done with food?

gonna order some of that Sonne's #7 Bentonite I think... or maybe I should get one of the other Clays? i have no idea. for those that experimented which do you recommend? Trunk was saying Sonne's is too powerful in some posts.. and in others was saying how it rocks.. so I don't know!

... any Psyllium will do?

I do a 2 or 3 day fast drinking 2 tablespoons psyllium 2 tablespoons Sonne's 3 times a day until you take that "special" dump. Believe me, you will know when it happens! Then I will do 2 tablespoons psyllium and 1 tablespoon Sonne's first thing in the morning before eating until I finish it. I try to eat sensibly during this time.

Some have said that Sonne's can have a drying effect, but I have not had this problem.

I have not noticed any difference between name brand psyllium and the generic stuff, but beware some products are laced with sugar or artificial sweeteners you might have an aversion to.

I do a 2 or 3 day fast drinking 2 tablespoons psyllium 2 tablespoons Sonne's 3 times a day until you take that "special" dump. Believe me, you will know when it happens! Then I will do 2 tablespoons psyllium and 1 tablespoon Sonne's first thing in the morning before eating until I finish it. I try to eat sensibly during this time.

Some have said that Sonne's can have a drying effect, but I have not had this problem.

I have not noticed any difference between name brand psyllium and the generic stuff, but beware some products are laced with sugar or artificial sweeteners you might have an aversion to.

hey Bum, thanks for your advice!. how often do you do these fasts? it seems Sonne's clay isn't meant to be taken that often. i'm excited to try it.

I just found this Psyllium which has some other ingredients as well. Do you think these ingredients are beneficial? or should I just get regular Psyllium?

http://www.organicindiausa.com/product_inf...products_id=112

well it is buy 1 get 1 free, maybe I should go for it

I do them whenever I feel sluggish or when my digestion gets out of whack. Usually about 3 or 4 times a year. After the initial fast, I take a tablespoon a day until the bottle is gone. I continue the psyllium regimen though, It keeps me regular.

I also read that psyllium and clay can help you pass a drug screen!

I am not familiar with the aloe leaf and marshmallow root additives, but if it doesn't cost you anymore $$ why not?

I do them whenever I feel sluggish or when my digestion gets out of whack. Usually about 3 or 4 times a year. After the initial fast, I take a tablespoon a day until the bottle is gone. I continue the psyllium regimen though, It keeps me regular.

I also read that psyllium and clay can help you pass a drug screen!

I am not familiar with the aloe leaf and marshmallow root additives, but if it doesn't cost you anymore $$ why not?

I just finished day 2 of my fast. i' ve been drinking psyllium + bentonite (1Ttb each) twice a day. will do 3x a day tomorrow. drinking lots of hot water, teas, did juicing today too from green apples and carrots [ yum ]

trying to decide whether or not I should continue taking the bentonite once I finish my fast. do you find it beneficial to keep taking it after the 'big dump'? I thought the big dump was the point?

I just finished day 2 of my fast. i' ve been drinking psyllium + bentonite (1Ttb each) twice a day. will do 3x a day tomorrow. drinking lots of hot water, teas, did juicing today too from green apples and carrots [ yum ]

trying to decide whether or not I should continue taking the bentonite once I finish my fast. do you find it beneficial to keep taking it after the 'big dump'? I thought the big dump was the point?

The psyllium alone will give you the "big dump" The Clay is negatively charged, attracting toxins such as heavy metals which are positively charged into the colon where it is dispelled. The psyllium and clay complement each other. The psyllium expands in the colon, giving the clay more contact and aids in expulsion. The clay absorbs the toxins and holds them there.

The first fast will clean your colon and remove a lot of toxins. You will feel much better very quickly. However, there may still be toxins in the system. Why not take advantage of your clean colon and get more out?

After the fast and subsequent dump, eat smaller portions of good food and take smaller doses of clay for a time. You will be glad you did.

You guys have searching 20 minutes for an old book. Here it is Daniel Reid's "The Tao of Health sex & Longevity'. Alone w/ Mantak Chia, he is one of the authors that got many old timers interested in the Tao, and because he doesn't actively teach, he's much less controversial.

Page 135 has his 7 day fst and colon cleansing Program. Its been a decade but I did this yearly for a couple years. I'll skip the colonics he recommends daily (personally only had 1) and go straight to his fasting method.

One heaping tablespoon of Intestinal Cleanser -powder made from special grade of psyllium seed (I used metamucill)

one table spoon of bentonite clay

add 10 ounces of water - I used distilled

a bit of fuit of vegtable juice for flavor. I squeezed in half an organic lemon.

Drink it 5 x a day.

I guess I'd been combining it w/ some sort of lemonade diet plan. After 3 or 4 days I'd add in a table spoon of maple syrup. I also remember using less bentonite, that stuff tastes real real real bad.

The first days are the worst, by day 4 it would be a natural high. I wouldn't do the diet when its cold or hot out, or if I had any special commitments. You will feel weak and should probably have some sort of supervision while doing it.

He says obese and chronically ill people shouldn't attempt the 7 day fast. He says you can try a less difficult path by just doing the drink once in the morning and once at night. That'll also get clean you out real good. Just a few days of it will have you pooping like a champion w/ toilet paper optional.

Michael

You guys have searching 20 minutes for an old book. Here it is Daniel Reid's "The Tao of Health sex & Longevity'. Alone w/ Mantak Chia, he is one of the authors that got many old timers interested in the Tao, and because he doesn't actively teach, he's much less controversial.

Page 135 has his 7 day fst and colon cleansing Program. Its been a decade but I did this yearly for a couple years. I'll skip the colonics he recommends daily (personally only had 1) and go straight to his fasting method.

One heaping tablespoon of Intestinal Cleanser -powder made from special grade of psyllium seed (I used metamucill)

one table spoon of bentonite clay

add 10 ounces of water - I used distilled

a bit of fuit of vegtable juice for flavor. I squeezed in half an organic lemon.

Drink it 5 x a day.

I guess I'd been combining it w/ some sort of lemonade diet plan. After 3 or 4 days I'd add in a table spoon of maple syrup. I also remember using less bentonite, that stuff tastes real real real bad.

The first days are the worst, by day 4 it would be a natural high. I wouldn't do the diet when its cold or hot out, or if I had any special commitments. You will feel weak and should probably have some sort of supervision while doing it.

He says obese and chronically ill people shouldn't attempt the 7 day fast. He says you can try a less difficult path by just doing the drink once in the morning and once at night. That'll also get clean you out real good. Just a few days of it will have you pooping like a champion w/ toilet paper optional.

Michael

hey Michael. i'm just about finished with day 3 of the cleanse. using basically the same thing you were. except I started out with 2x a day and moving up to 3x. maybe next time i'll go higher. I can recommend to you Sonne's #7 which is a bentonite clay in hydrated form. It has no taste.. and neither does the Psyllium. so that makes for a really tasteless jelly like drink when mixed with water, the no taste of Sonne's might be good for you. the psyllium I wish had more... so I ordered "Fiber Harmony" by Organic India. its psyllium with a little bit of aloe vera, prune, marshmellow root and other things to help with digestion. It comes in Chocloate, Orange, a nd peach. I got Orange :D this is the cheapest place I could find it.

http://www.vitacost.com/Organic-India-Fiber-Harmony-Orange

Sonne's too.

http://www.vitacost.com/Sonnes-Detoxification-7-Formula

I paid almost double at my local health store :/ wish I knew about Vitacost sooner.