Trunk

Clay Supplements

Sonne's feels very pulling and I have the feeling that it might be making me thirsty which is odd as I'm not taking that much of it. No biggie, it won't be a long term thing.

I also am getting strong effects at low (recommended) dosages of Sonne's. It feels too leaching, to me, to use any more than short term - and I've learned not to take it before bed; it keeps me up all hours. I feel I need to back off rather quickly from it and work on loosening (which I'm doing through deep rumblely singing) and re-hydrating, re-nourishing.

Sonne's feels extreme, which puts it in the very-short-term, or occasional, remedial-situation category - for me. I'm not going to be taking it every day for weeks or months... but could see taking it several days in a row occasionally.

I still see it as uniquely important compared to everything else I've tried.

If the other clays do some of the same things, with a significant dial-down on leaching strength, that'd be way cool. Ordered terramin today.

I'm not sure what kind of monkey I am... 5/22/68 5:51pm Phoenix, AZ... totally gorgeous.

Dude, you are indeed an earth monkey, as am I. How come you're so weird and I'm so normal? :D

Dude, you are indeed an earth monkey, as am I. How come you're so weird and I'm so normal? :D

Ian,

How does one find out what kind of monkey (or in my case - dog) they are?

V.

I'm so normal? <_<

Well then my earthness will be a good ally for me.

I've heard the word "Ormus" used before but I thought it was the name of a company that produces trace mineral supplements. So I googled around and here's a relatively even keeled discussion for people like me who need a basic intro:

http://members.aol.com/yggdras/paraphysics/BCarter.htm

Of course I've been around controversial ideas for so long that I don't really care anymore whether or not, for instance, the human race was created by spacemen who fucked the monkeys. I'm just here to gain some modest amount of grooviness and share it if possible.

So I'm fine with the existence or nonexistence of the whole Ormus thing but I think that it is quite possibly true.

I also like the image of the spacemen... been away from home for a very long time... landing on earth in need of something warm and furry... a little more short and to the point than the whole Darwin thing, don't you think? And answers the question "why?" too.

Yoda

I received my terramin tablets, and sample packets of powder, yesterday. I'm, so far, happy with it.

It is not puckering-powerfully-drawing like Sonne's is, yet I still get a kidney-activation out of it (I can feel my lower organs wake up and go yum-yum-yum). Also, I've been craving the taste of the minerals since my colonblow, and it satisfies that.

I get terramin over at this site.

Trunk,

Thanks for the review! Mine is on order.

Yoda

~~~

I'm trying to catch up on the whole 'Ormus' concept. Here's another intro type link:

http://www.spiritofmaat.com/archive/dec3/carter.htm

Actually, that link is pretty interesting... that by thinking happy thoughts you can better extract more Ormus from the air, water, food is in line with the claim that masters suck a tremendous amount of energy from their environment to the point that their bones are transformed into very powerful healing objects that pitch in even after they die.

I got sick of the dry eyes and tongue that even small dosages of Sonne's was giving me. They do say it sucks up a lot of moisture and to drink extra water. So I'm trying the Terramin that just came in the mail. I'm still pretty dry, but that might be that the Sonne's takes a day or two to get out of the system. The terramin powder has a groovy vibe to it. The taste was neutral and not hard to drink. Looks like chocolate milk on the website... doesn't taste like it! Could smoke it past the kids that way, though.

I got sick of the dry eyes and tongue that even small dosages of Sonne's was giving me. They do say it sucks up a lot of moisture and to drink extra water.
Similar to my experience of Sonne's. It has seriously powerful leaching power, and of more than just water - I'd wager. I drank a ton of water during my colonblow+, and more than usual after, plus watermelon, pineapple, figs... still didn't replace my dryness. All that was important, but right now, the oils are what are re-moistening me.

Quote from the e-mail that I sent to Yoda, for the community knowledge base:

Honestly, though, I was feeling dry and cranky after my super colonic + Sonne, though I still craved clay. Though I knew Sonne's was too harsh to keep taking, ... I think it left dry needy areas, partly from removal of toxicity (the areas bound with toxin were cut off from healthy circuation for a long time) and maybe partly from it's super leaching activity.

Anyway, I started Terramin's yesterday, and I like it, but still felt dry and cranky. Started taking oils this morning (coconut, CLO, borage - basically everything I have on hand) and already I'm feeling a lot better.

I think that the clays + the oils are a powerful, really healthy combo. Not sure if I'd always take them together... maybe alternating, or whatever, but I think they're both really good. Really good additions to other herbs on the list (maca, he shou wu, etc.).

I followed Trunk's advice and ate a bunch of Omega balanced peanut butter and chugged some fish oil and I'm optimistic that it's balancing out the clay's dryness.

Since taking clay, my kidneys are becoming perfect little princes... the kind Mom would be proud of. I'm starting to be proud of those little guys too... they are minding their manners, dressing better, etc. They are starting to ask what they can do for Mrs Yoda instead trying to corner the poor girl all the time. :) I hope this aspect sticks around.

I'm going to try the clay out on my kids at some point... mix it with chocolate milk to grease it up to their liking and so I don't find them dessicated in front of the tv or anything. :lol:

I can't stop thinking about clay... now that I've at least temporarily gotten my kidneys in line to my satisfaction, I've suddenly become this fetished out clay stalker.

Oh well. :)

Anyways, here's the newest scoop. I've been wondering what the difference is between taking clay and taking trace mineral supplements. The answer: no difference.

Check it out, from the description from the Terramin site:

Most commercially produced trace mineral supplements are made from Calcium Montmorillionite clay. TERRAMIN is the trade name for pure, high-grade, edible Calcium Montmorillonite clay. It contains a combination of more than 60 macro, micro and essential trace mineral elements in a 100% natural form. TERRAMIN acts as a catalyst to enhance healing, growth, digestion and detoxification.

So trace minerals rediscovered. All those descriptions from Trunk about taking ground up fossils are then 100% apropos. Come to think of it, fossils are clays, aren't they??? Bring on the dragon bones!

Gotta stop thinking about this!! I need counseling.

:)

Yoda

I'm going to be doing some fasting soon and I was thinking of doing a bit of experimentation with this myself. So I started looking up what I could find. I'm still confused about some points.

The leaching and detox functions seem to be due to the negative charge so that minerals don't get absorbed by the body, they suck trash out. How then does any mineral supplementation occur? Sea salt is still probably the better option for minerals.

This argument that the clay is not absorbed is often used to allay fears about the aluminum that is in the clay.

I also want to track down sources from this candida researcher http://editor.nourishedmagazine.com.au/art...-candida-part-2 (scroll way down)

on longer term use resulting in abnormally low potassium and iron deficiencies. How out to lunch is this?

Any thoughts?

Edited by lotusbud

The leaching and detox functions seem to be due to the negative charge so that minerals don't get absorbed by the body, they suck trash out. How then does any mineral supplementation occur? Sea salt is still probably the better option for minerals.

This argument that the clay is not absorbed is often used to allay fears about the aluminum that is in the clay.

It's good to bring up the aluminum thing in this intro thread... there is aluminum in clay. There's aluminum in a lot of other things too that I believe it is hard to avoid if that's a priority. I personally don't have a problem with this but I'm sure that this would be a turn off to most people. I'd imagine, as with any trace mineral supplement, that there may be some genuinely bad news trace elements in there as well. The expectation is that there's a net positive effect from taking this stuff. As Agharta suggested, it's a good idea to eat clay from a source that has been popular for a number of years to reduce the risks. But there are risks.

By my figuring, there's more macro and micro minerals in clay than in sea salt and that they are just as easily assimilated, but that's just based on my googling around to explain the vibe I get from this stuff, not by any deep knowledge on the subject. I'd imagine that the body can absorb the aluminum as well.

And... uh... I forget what I was about to say... :lol:

On a different subject, I'm going to experiment with taking clay with flax seed powder. I wonder if that would counter balance the drying effect. That Sonne's was way too drying to be used for more than just a day or two. I'll let a few days go by and get the Sonne's out of my system and maybe this will be a non-issue.

...counter balance the drying effect. That Sonne's was way too drying to be used for more than just a day or two.

Yup. Sonne's is very harsh. Two days maximum, at no more than recommended dose. I think it's legitamate use is with one or two of the three doses of psyllium, to pull the mucoid plaque off of the intestinal walls. (Or one, maybe two, days by itself as a strong detoxicant.) Then oil up afterward, and LTT breathe to push the oil into the tissues and channels (that've been potentially dried out by Sonne's).

I'm on Terramin and oils, in the morning of the second day, and I can tell you that it's a lot, lot better. I'm feeling (the beginning of) what I was hoping the more moderate clays would be like. Calm-yummmmmm.

Kudos and thanks to Agharta for turning us on to clays.

something to consider is brewing your tea in a clay pot..there is a shop in nyc chinatown that makes the pots with clay from china..forgot the name, but there is a special region for this stuff. Prob a good way to get some of them trace minerals and clay benefits. also, chinese herbs and soups are supposed to be cooked in a clay pot.

T

I've ordered "More precious than gold" and also, "Rare Earths, Forbidden Cure" by Joel Wallach co-written by a traditional Chinese doctor. Sounds like he's a nut, but there should be some good stuff in there. Recommended by the Terramin literature enclosed with the order.

Wallach's website is http://www.majesticearth-minerals.com/default.php and he's pushing his own brand of trace mineral supplements. From my cursory reading, it sounds like he grows plants on enriched soil and sells the plants in a liquid concentrate. The theory being that the plants take in only the best of the minerals and fix them in a way that is easy to absorb.

I will stick to clays for the time being, but if anyone has experience with trace mineral sups like this, let me know.

One of the things that Wallace claims is that having your minerals in balance has a very calming, satisfying effect and being out of balance increasingly disturbs one's emotional state and desires to the point of extreme behavior. It sounds like he'd claim that lots of mentally disturbed people and cultures may have specific underlying deficiencies.

Interesting to speculate. I hope there's good Chinese perspectives in the book too. He's a veterinarian with an interest in nutrition by training and seems to be implying that the awareness of the connection between mineral intake and health has been better studied in animals than humans.

The Terramin people believe that people with the longest longevity on the planet also happen to be living on the best soil... with lots of volcanic ashes and old ocean sediment, etc.

It's interesting to ponder that not just the longevity of a people, but even their culture's personality may be strongly determined by the quality of the soil under foot. Wallace says that in the modern world, it's impossible to get enough minerals no matter what you eat... our soil is simply too depleted. And taking regular multiminerals from the health food store is only marginally better. Just one nut's opinion, of course, but I look forward to checking out the book.

As an aside, my anti-gray hair campaign may still have some hope to it... there have been a couple of 'gray hair went away' testimonials in the trace minerals circles. At 39 I feel I'm too young and precious to be seeing the beginnings of this trend, so I'll welcome any help that I can get from this department.

Yoda

As an aside, my anti-gray hair campaign may still have some hope to it... there have been a couple of 'gray hair went away' testimonials in the trace minerals circles. At 39 I feel I'm too young and precious to be seeing the beginnings of this trend, so I'll welcome any help that I can get from this department.

Yoda,

Let me know how you do on the anti-gray campaign. I started going gray in my 20's (as did both my parents). Right now, my largest discretionary expense is my monthly trip to the colorist. :lol:

V.

Edited by VeeCee

VC,

I'll let you know. I had excellent results in my mid 20s by doing the 5 Tibetan Yogas, but they didn't help this time around. I'll keep you posted!

Yoda

Yoda,

Let me know how you do on the anti-gray campaign. I started going gray in my 20's (as did both my parents). Right now, my largest monthly discretionary expense is my monthly trip to the colorist. :lol:

V.

Gray hair can be beautiful.

A little confused... the terramin people said that their clay is 7 ppm lead and the FDA max is 0.5 ppm. As long as I'm getting my jollies from it, I'm okay with it. But I wonder how they are in business at that level?

~~~

I think I figured it out... supplements are likely allowed to be higher as you aren't taking in nearly as much of it.

So the Terramin doesn't seem to be drying like the Sonne's, so that's good. I'll try one of those trace mineral supplements just for comparison's sake.

So I got my pascalite and Redmond today. The pascalite folks say that even just keeping their clay in your house will be good for you due to groovy vibes. I could feel it so I decided to try Pascalite first but got a nasty headache from it.

(clay meanderings pulled private notes)

I'm cautious about the clay, even terramin.

(Still, obviously, some really good stuff but... focusing on the "but" right now.)

1. What is it leaching out, aside from toxins? Definately some moisture, juiciness, dries out the channels.

Does it leach out some nutrients that then results in cravings?

I found that, even after just one terramin tablet, that I started reaching for adzuki beans and such - things that I craved when I was taking too much clay, earlier. I have caution that it's leaching out some nutrients that we haven't identified yet, and that results in the cravings, and then we take more clay and get more cravings. (I don't know about this, I'm just tossing out theories right now.)

While I like a lot of the other effects, I'm also cautious about the drying. I'm taking oils along with the clay, but I don't know if that's a really healthy balance ... I don't think it really compensates for the drying. I mean, if you take an extreme drying thing and a remedy, it's not really like you never took the drying thing - you're just hurting yourself and applying a remedy ... it's still rough on the system. Also, are oils the right remedy?, .. the optimal remedy?

Are there some other supplements (vitamins or ??), or herbs (maybe jing tonics?), that would better complement the clays?

I find myself farting a little (a sign of weakened digestion), from taking a bunch of oils. So, now I have a slight imbalance from taking the oils! sheesh!

I think there's definately some more fine tuning to do, on this topic.

I'm going to back off to small doses, 2-3 times a week (not daily).

Trunk

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Like, now I'm craving steak. I mean crrrrrr-aving it!, and it's 4 o'clock in the morning!

What's up with that?

Is the clay exposing parts of me that just need more nourishment?

Is it driving nourishment in deeper, so - on the outside - I need more?

Is it leaching out (well, we know it's doing that)?

Some combo of the above?

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I still really like the good parts of what I'm getting out of clay...