Cameron

Lama Dorje

I am only like a 5 hr drive away or somehting..I could drive and crash at Kieth's house and drink all his green tea and eat all his food ..

Sorry I haven't kept up on this thread. I've been busy eating mud and shooting rope out of my ass. :D

I have room, and you are welcome to stay.

I'm a semi-bachelor, in a sparsely furnished house, working to recover from collapsed health. So, I'm not tremendously lively - but I do have tea and a spare unfurnished room.

As I said to Cam in a PM, I'm working to recover my basics: health. I sat with several bright lights when I was younger, and when I'm ready to resume (if ever, I hope) I feel aligned with teachers I already know. So, I'm not going to see Lama Dorje Max (even though it's clear that he's a very unusual fellow).

* picks up phone to order more clay *

Ohhh this is going to be fun.

Sean wants me to go to Master Chen and he will do the workshop with me if we go.

Sean also made some controversial comments about Lama Dorje which I won't repeat.

Now..Yoda and Kieth(and obviously Max) are for Lama Dorje.

Will need atleast a couple weeks to see.

Sean also made some controversial comments about Lama Dorje which I won't repeat.

LOL.

Let's just save our money and go see Jeannie Zandi in Mexico in February. Or just take the plunge and register for an Adyashanti retreat.

hey, I wanna hear them. I need more entertainment at work.

hey, I wanna hear them. I need more entertainment at work.

I expressed skepticism about the photos on his site. The pictures of his body and hands. Even the picture of him where his eyes are glowing blue. To me they scream Photoshop. If you are going to put up fakey photos this naturally makes me skeptical about the authenticity of the person's work.

Sean

If you are going to put up fakey photos this naturally makes me skeptical about the authenticity of the person's work.

Reasonable rxn from a modern professional artist.

When I go to his site and look at his picture for any more than a glance, I get a blast of high-vibe qi. I shy away because I'm already 'married' but, imo, this guy clearly is hooked up to a lot of light. Transmission is more than just blasting away, though - there are details and being specific to students' needs and configurations. Whether he just turns up the bright lights, or has more matured finesse, I can't tell - but I would bet money that sitting with him would be quite an experience.

The dna thing I don't find to be believable, but so what.

Come on people... everybody stuck in yoga postures?? You gotta check that out!

The fact that he's a nice, approachable guy is a plus. And $300 for two days (!) and air fare is reasonable these days too...

Bentonite clay absorbs gamma rays, so just take some of that and you'll be fine. :)

decisions, decisions.

You know, you could also come out here sometime for a HardLight (link) intensive. Seems like there's one every month. You probably wouldn't learn any technique, but the transmissions... *searches for superlatives, comes up short*

Or the gamma rays thing....

It actually specified gamma brain waves (higher than beta brain waves), which may be achievable through years of mantra based and active visualization based meditation. It has been observed in Tibetan Monks...but kind of shakingly ruled out as muscle interference from the rest of the body due to equipment limitations.

About the Hard Light... my Kagyu lama, Lama Norlha, student of Kalu Rinpoche, said very nice things about Muktananda (sp?). I think the story was the Karmapa met Muktananda and the two got along very well. The Karmapa was pretty picky about the teachings he liked... didn't like a lot about the Dalai Lama's teachings for instance, so it's unusual for a Hindu to get his thumbs up.

LOL.

Let's just save our money and go see Jeannie Zandi in Mexico in February. Or just take the plunge and register for an Adyashanti retreat.

Jeannie in Mexico is at the top of my list regardless. Why, you interested in coming?

To update, something seems really interested in studying with Lama Dorje suddenly. I still havent made up my mind for sure but it looks like that is where this may be headed.

Will be very interested to read his book when it arrives.

Edited by Cameron

something seems really interested in studying with Lama Dorje suddenly

Cam, That sounds like a good plan... vibe out the book and go from there.

Trunk, why are you taking a break from hanging out with gurus yourself? I'm coming off a 7ish (?) year hiatus from gurus and I think I had overreacted against them. It probably would've done me some good to connect with teachers during that time.

Cam, That sounds like a good plan... vibe out the book and go from there.

Trunk, why are you taking a break from hanging out with gurus yourself? I'm coming off a 7ish (?) year hiatus from gurus and I think I had overreacted against them. It probably would've done me some good to connect with teachers during that time.

7 years without a guru, Yoda! You're my god.

7 years without a guru, Yoda! You're my god.

Thanks... I have family members who've gone the distance w/o so that'll keep me humble. There are a lot of positive things about the do it yourself approach, definitely. But a nice teacher can definitely sweeten things up.

Thanks... I have family members who've gone the distance w/o so that'll keep me humble. There are a lot of positive things about the do it yourself approach, definitely. But a nice teacher can definitely sweeten things up.

Hear, hear, my guru has spoken.

Has anyone learnt Lama Dorjes Burning Palms system?

If so can you tell me how many levels or what its training consist of as well is his Burning Palms all complete in his Book?

regards

WYG

I have had some experience with the practice. I use burning palm to help friends release energy blocks, wake up dead areas, or release toxins. It is very effective.

Like most of his teachings, the ability is transferred to you and then you simply cultivate it with a bit of practice.

I have had some experience with the practice. I use burning palm to help friends release energy blocks, wake up dead areas, or release toxins. It is very effective.

Like most of his teachings, the ability is transferred to you and then you simply cultivate it with a bit of practice.

Alright, I'm not trying to be an asshole (don't you love it when people start out statements like that?) but let me ping you, a student, directly on this. It sounds like Dorje has some interesting teachings and I kind of WANT to dig him. But what's up with those photos on his site? Down at the bottom of Lama Dorje - Pillar of Bliss book page there. Is that supposed to be Kirlian photography or what's the deal? Because it looks an awful lot like a straight up Photoshop experiment. And so then I am left with this feeling, similar to when an otherwise cool friend lies to you about something important ... and you're like DAMMIT, now I can't really trust you anymore. Any thoughts on this?

Warm welcome to the board, btw, I'm Sean. :)

Sean

Thanks Sean,

I know what you mean, although i read Wang Li Pings book on opening the dragon gate and i wish for it to be real all the things they say in the book and what he learnt. Although there is no pics of WLP stories are stories so im hoping one day there will be a basic med dvd from him or his coleauges teaching what it says they can do.

Mantra 68

What type of med or chi kung is in it, Does it look like normal Zhan Zhuang standing post practise, how many meds or levels are in his Burning palms its got me interested indeed?

WYG

Since it seems like "My Favorite Lama" week, my recommendation for this week is Lama Somananda Tantrapa......................Lama Tantrapa teaches a sort of free form Qigong called Qi Dao which has shamanic influences.................I am currently awaiting his book and dvd which has gotten positive reviews by a lot of the heavy hitters in the chi-biz......................................His website is:www.qidao.org

Alright, I'm not trying to be an asshole (don't you love it when people start out statements like that?) but let me ping you, a student, directly on this. It sounds like Dorje has some interesting teachings and I kind of WANT to dig him. But what's up with those photos on his site? Down at the bottom of Lama Dorje - Pillar of Bliss book page there. Is that supposed to be Kirlian photography or what's the deal? Because it looks an awful lot like a straight up Photoshop experiment. And so then I am left with this feeling, similar to when an otherwise cool friend lies to you about something important ... and you're like DAMMIT, now I can't really trust you anymore. Any thoughts on this?

Warm welcome to the board, btw, I'm Sean. :)

Sean

Just let go of your need to control and come to LA with me and we can hang out with Kieth, drink lots of green tea and see Lama Dorje.

Just think about how much more authority your skepticism will hold after you tell him your thoughts in person!

Hey Sean, good to know you.

I respect your skepticism because I am the same way. I came from the Ayn Rand, Objectivist school of thought and so my quest was/is only for the truth. However having spent the last six years studying with him I have had to deal with having my mind blown over and over again. It has left me with a much bigger realm of possibilities to consider.

Those photos actually are real. Many have witnessed this phenomena and I know it looks like it has been faked but he can explain the process scientifically. It has something to do with the activation of ions in the air and I am not sure beyond that. I can ask him to give the full explanation if you are curious.

As to the photo of his eyes, I took the photo, I scanned it and I posted it. It is just a direct flash into his face. He has very light colored irises so maybe it looks odd. No tricks. There is no time for that and it would go against the Tao to try to deceive people.

He only presents these things to show people how amazing they truly are. He is a very sincere person and wants to share this knowledge with those interested in learning the ancient, secret ways. No one else at his level is willing to do this.