• 50-55 YO
    • 55-60 YO
    • 60-65 YO
    • 65-70 YO
    • 70-75 YO
    • 75-80 YO
    • More than 80

Ah yes .... but more of a bastard .

A bastard is a bastard...how can one be more of a bastard?

Bastard is a good foundation to pivot upon,...no need to consider Heaven or Hell,...you get to Pass Go without a lifetime of neurosis.

Deuteronomy 23:2....“No bastard shall enter the assembly of the Lord, not even to the tenth generation.” (“Non ingredietur mamzer hoc est de scorto natus in ecclesiam Domini usque ad decimam generationem.”). The newer translated versions of this law, which penalizes children for their parents’ indiscretions, smooth out the wording; for example, the New American Bible now says: “No child of an incestuous union,” an expedient shift in meaning, considering that finding a nonbastard child today is somewhat like seeing someone who doesn’t have a tattoo.

A bastard is a bastard...how can one be more of a bastard?

Bastard is a good foundation to pivot upon,...no need to consider Heaven or Hell,...you get to Pass Go without a lifetime of neurosis.

Deuteronomy 23:2....“No bastard shall enter the assembly of the Lord, not even to the tenth generation.” (“Non ingredietur mamzer hoc est de scorto natus in ecclesiam Domini usque ad decimam generationem.”). The newer translated versions of this law, which penalizes children for their parents’ indiscretions, smooth out the wording; for example, the New American Bible now says: “No child of an incestuous union,” an expedient shift in meaning, considering that finding a nonbastard child today is somewhat like seeing someone who doesn’t have a tattoo.

A bastard is someone who, when you are drinking out of a bubbler (or water fountain) pushes the back of your head so your teeth crash into it.

A real bastard is someone who, when you go skydiving swaps the packed lunch and water bottles in the back back for your chute.

To be more of a bastard, he does that but with the added calculations that cause you to land teeth first on a bubbler.

I got tatts, just to make sure.

{Edit; split the post see post 61}

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 1

We seem to have a gap in the 30 - 40 YOes ... mysterious.

That's the prime age for the dark night of the soul. Youthful folly has departed, hoary wisdom hasn't arrived, whatcha gonna do? Crisis of self-identification, you are not who you thought you were anymore, but also not even close to who you thought you would be by now. The age when you realize that the first half of your life has been hijacked by parents and the second will be hijacked by children whether you have them or not. If you have them, they push your own importance aside, you are reminded on a daily basis that someone else matters more. If you don't have them, you walk in the valley of the shadow of something worse than death: extinction! With existential problems like these, you show up at TTB, you get your ass banned in no time.

That's why.

Edited by Taomeow
  • Like 2

something about cultivation, it looks like Bums don't live past 75...

Hang around three more years and you will see one.

• Like 2

I forgot about your belly dancing. Are you still working with that?

Yes, old fart - I am!

Remember when I told you that I thought I sprained my crotch belly dancing? Well, it turned out not to be the dancing at all. It turned out to be putting all my weight on my left leg getting out of my little close-to-the-ground Prius. So now I swing both legs out before getting out.

This ageing thing isn't all it's cracked up to be at all :angry:

• Like 1

I noticed no long lived immortals voted yet. Think any read TTB?

i dont think immortals bother with voting, altho they may read, hmmm

for myself, i am younger today,,,,,,,,

• Like 1

Why do I love TTB, let me count the ways: today I have read two poems by Elliot (thanks Apech!), that I swore I would find and get around to reading someday. They were perfect.

I have a friend who pushed his Norton from SF State College back home to 19th Avenue, one night. The insanity of youth.

Sorry to hear that your Prius bit you, Manitou. I've noticed that yoga myself, getting out of modern sedans. Yesterday I was walking on my PC, and thinking "the ox crosses the wooden bridge" and I apparently only get to learn things out of necessity. Close to injury. I had to remember to take it all in, and not know so much; that's me!

Don't know, Taomeow; I came to my necessity of my own free will, attempting to take only what I had to in order to survive, at 25. Thanks, Rachel Carson, Alan Watts, and Philip Kapleau (for the pictures at the back of Three Pillars). Thanks, Kobun Chino Otogawa. Everything was going in one direction, 30-40, but for sure I thought I would be where I am today and more by 30. By 40. By... 52. Now older than that, but there's still starlight through the pyramid (what star is that, Apech?)

• Like 4

i dont think immortals bother with voting, altho they may read, hmmm

for myself, i am younger today,,,,,,,,

It's kind of amazing that this feels like the case when it comes to my insides, my heart. I do feel younger day by day. I've often thought that walking this path was akin to walking backwards up a stream of Time -

Like, our bodies age, but something inside becomes more compassionate, less judgmental - and we return to the 'true human being' that was dealt to us at birth. Before all the contortions began. I feel like a little girl inside most of the time - and I've learned to have more fun, rather than taking stuff seriously.

It really is like ageing backwards.

• Like 5

" The girl that once I was lives on in me.

Where else would she go?"

( Camille Paglia).

+1 Manitou.

Cultivation invigorates.

Arthritis apart I feel younger now than I was twenty years ago.

Totally spiffy and tip top today as I submitted my application for Early Voluntary Retirement this afternoon.

Even if the powers that be say "No" it was a real blast handing them the application.

Edited by GrandmasterP
  • Like 4

I am glad I am not doomed to a Deuteronomic Lord's Assembly. ... when I'm finished , I go back to the waterhole cuz :)

Uncle Bill - Kakadu Man; " Moon is Man.
He said 'These people will die
but they'll come back ... like I do.
They will come back to be earth again.'
I know I come back to my country
When I die I come to earth ...
I will become earth again
I belong to this earth ..
His shadow, his spirit will stay with him

Rock stays
earth stays
I die and put my bones in cave or earth.
Soon my bones will become earth ...
all the same.
My spirit has gone back to my country ...
my mother."

Bill-300.jpg

• Like 2

Yes, old fart - I am!

Remember when I told you that I thought I sprained my crotch belly dancing? Well, it turned out not to be the dancing at all. It turned out to be putting all my weight on my left leg getting out of my little close-to-the-ground Prius. So now I swing both legs out before getting out.

This ageing thing isn't all it's cracked up to be at all :angry:

I used to be a drummer for a belly dancing troupe :)

Guess was my favourite dance was ? Not the wiggly ones - the trance like slow rhythm, the long caftan type costume of ....

the woman's camel herding dance :)

DUM ... tec dum .. tec ..... DUM ... tec dum .. tec ..... (imitating the endless sway of a long camel ride.)

I'm also partial to a bit of felahi .

Is that you playing, Nungali? Wow!

It got immediately put me into 'shimmy butt with Cairo arms' mode.

Edited by manitou

" The girl that once I was lives on in me.

Where else would she go?"

( Camille Paglia).

+1 Manitou.

Cultivation invigorates.

Arthritis apart I feel younger now than I was twenty years ago.

Totally spiffy and tip top today as I submitted my application for Early Voluntary Retirement this afternoon.

Even if the powers that be say "No" it was a real blast handing them the application.

Arthritis. This and the common cold, I've tried to triangulate and try to figure out 'Why' we manifest such things. Looking to the metaphysical, not the physical reasons.

What is our body trying to say with arthritis? That we are frozen in place, that we need to be more flexible in some area? My husband has horrible arthritis, but I must say that his default mindset is judgmental and negative. That's not his mindset today, he's transcended it for the most part. But the darn arthritis lives on - and maybe I'm just too close to him to see the real dynamic in place.

And the common cold is such a mystery. Is the body merely telling us to slow down? Or is there more involved, like some weird metaphor for 'brain melt' or something. Or maybe failure to 'breathe' and accept life on life's terms? I haven't a clue. But from time to time I do spend a little time trying to figure this out.

So much easier with other body parts, so much more obvious. e.g. joint problems meaning a flexibility issue. Cancer seems to be 'something eating at us', for a long period of time. Breast cancer...motherhood stuff.

Makes me wonder if camels would get along with whales.

They only get along with the humpbacks.

• Like 4

For sure and Minke Whales get along really well with those otter- like creatures who are much valued for their fur.

Gods alone knows who Sperm Whales get on well with.

Retention thread posters on TTB maybe?

Edited by GrandmasterP
  • Like 2

Arthritis. This and the common cold, I've tried to triangulate and try to figure out 'Why' we manifest such things. Looking to the metaphysical, not the physical reasons.

What is our body trying to say with arthritis? That we are frozen in place, that we need to be more flexible in some area? My husband has horrible arthritis, but I must say that his default mindset is judgmental and negative. That's not his mindset today, he's transcended it for the most part. But the darn arthritis lives on - and maybe I'm just too close to him to see the real dynamic in place.

And the common cold is such a mystery. Is the body merely telling us to slow down? Or is there more involved, like some weird metaphor for 'brain melt' or something. Or maybe failure to 'breathe' and accept life on life's terms? I haven't a clue. But from time to time I do spend a little time trying to figure this out.

So much easier with other body parts, so much more obvious. e.g. joint problems meaning a flexibility issue. Cancer seems to be 'something eating at us', for a long period of time. Breast cancer...motherhood stuff.

yeah, everything you said is cool and I agree

BUT

there is another side to it, IMO best explained By Robert Anton Wilson, he was asked why X Y Z ... all this stuff had to happen, the meaning of it, the karma, why me etc? because, aside from what you wrote there is another dynamic (maybe its opposite?) - anyway, REW's answer was "Because you were there."

Sometimes its the Luck of the draw ... or

0_0_0_0_250_373_csupload_47802439.jpg?u=

The cosmic chocolate wheel ... round and round she goes, and where she stops .... nobody knows.

My arthritis isnt from being frozen in place ... it stems from the opposite, reckless moving forward without care :)

motorcycle-accident-high-side-crash.jpg

And I used to get colds and flu constantly :( ... now I am a hermit, and have been estranged from the kids (those little darlings that came home from school all snotty and nitty , after a week of efforts to get them healthy again, time and time again ) ... I haven't had even a sniffle in over 12 months :).

Once I had a bad ankle and was on crutches, some new age judgemental dork says to me " Ohhh, have a fear of stepping forward do you?" <_< no dickhead ! I was drunk and had NO fear or care in moving forward

Louise Hay ? Ptooey!

• Like 2

Makes me wonder if camels would get along with whales.

When I worked at Warner studious (Gold coast , Queensland) I used to offer to do dolphin channelling for people, including the movie stars. MY boss would often set it up and insist I do it (after he got over the initial shock of me doing it for him) ... it would work better if I was reluctant and at first refused, and then gradually allowed myself to be talked into it and required repeated assurances that it would be taken seriously, as this is a spiritual thing.

Eventually we would come to an agreement, I would need silence and solemnity, my boss would be standing off to the side. I would get their question stretch out my awareness into the ocean, contact the dolphins, ask, and receive a message. Then I would ask the 'querant' if they were ready for the dolphins answer, pause, take a breath and say ...

( I remember one American producer we led on for about a week, with me refusing and him pleading ... thn him walking off looking confused saying " These Aussies are a strange bunch."

Yes, old fart - I am!

How about we do a duo and perform for Marbleheads next birthday party ?

If you are uncomfortable with that we could swap roles; you drum and I dance (but dont tell Marblehead - we will spring that part on him ;) )

I could borrow a costume from the 5th Marquess of Anglesey

article-2100866-11BAEDA3000005DC-391_472

• Like 1

article-2100866-11BAEDA3000005DC-391_472

You were at the last Hafla I performed in! This was my costume!

Yes, I'm all up for springing one on Marbles.

that camel video really resonates with you doesnt it nungali?

Couldn't have said it better myself.. :D:D:D

I've been playing at the same mysteries, manitou.

Last six months I've been using sublingual D3 at 5000 IU in an attempt to find a way to avoid colds. I don't recommend that particular delivery and dosage, as I've been experiencing tinnitus for a week or so and I now discover that's a symptom of a vitamin D overdose. I was persuaded to look it up because a friend who was also experimenting with D3 told me he had come down with headaches, which ceased when he stopped taking D3. That's another overdose symptom.

Nevertheless, I will probably go back to a lower dose, and maybe not sublingual, after awhile (no colds in six months, but it's been unusually dry in California). I can see that the NIH is saying it may be effective in avoiding respiratory illness, so I will probably try it again this fall. And there's this:

On the arthritis front, I've been using progesterone skin cream since 1995. I heard Dr. John Lee speak to a gymnasium full of mostly women about it, he was advising them that HRT with progestins and estrogen can lead to cancer and he was right, although it was very popular with most medicos at the time. One of the things Dr. Lee had been exploring was why his patients who were using creams with progesterone reported a reduction in arthritis symptoms. He said he believed it might be because the Schwann cells that create the myelin sheath require progesterone to do that.

I was experiencing some hip joint stiffness in the cold & foggy Mendocino mornings (hurts just to hear that, don't it!), so I tried Progest out (think it's called Emerita now). Seemed to help and to give me a slight energy. Dr. Lee also spoke of progesterone as the hormone that says to cells "mature", while estrogen's chemical message is "multiply". That, he said, was why an estrogen dominance in women after menopause could make them prone to cancer. So I figured it might be prophylactic with regard to cancer.

But I didn't know for sure what Dr. Lee thought about men and progesterone until last night. This weekend a friend of mine mentioned he had started using progesterone, as a possible cancer prevention strategy. So I went online and found Dr. Lee's words on the "official Dr.John Lee" website (a production of his wife after his death), saying that men at 55 have more estrogen than women, which is usually balanced by testosterone. Except that, possibly due to damage done to their reproductive organs in the third week of the pregnancy by chemicals resembling estrogen in pesticides and other prevalent industrials, most men these days are deficient in testosterone by middle age. So in a review of a pamphlet Dr. Lee wrote about hormones and men (on the women's international pharmacy site), I found this:

"Dr. Lee writes that progesterone is a 5 alpha reductase inhibitor and thus helps manage the conversion of testosterone to DHT. Progesterone has anabolic or energy raising qualities and like testosterone promotes the p53 gene which allows for normal cell death. This is important for cancer prevention. He recommends that men use 5 to 8 mg per day."

My ears particular prick up at the words "allows for cell death. This is important for cancer prevention." Sort of like cannibanoids, I guess, that cell death part.

So I think these are my drugs of choice for approaching old age, although the jury is still out for me on D3. Let you know after the rains and the cold return to California!

Nungali, I recommended progesterone cream to a friend of mine who's a rock musician. Some time after that she broke a wrist mountain biking. Some time after that, she broke the other wrist, mountain biking. I guess she amazed her physician with the speed at which her bones healed, because she told me she now swears by the progesterone creams in conversation about the wrists. Last I heard her, she's still as amazing as ever (but I wish she'd lay off the mountain biking!).

As always, don't know how this will work for anybody else, but beware: a lot of doctors out there confuse progestins, which are molecularly altered to be patentable, with "natural" progeserone ("natural" progesterone is synthesized but molecularly identical to the human progesterone). The progestins have pages of side-effects in the physicians desk reference; natural progesterone I believe has none. The Emerita cream has a warning on it that it contains a chemical known to the state of California to cause cancer, progesterone; actually the chemicals known to cause cancer are the progestins, but the State of California and most of the AMA doesn't seem to understand that there is a difference. So you may not get the straight skivy from your doctor. In the U.S.A., the definition of malpractice is not bad medical science; it's not doing what all the other doctors are doing, regardless of the science.

Since you asked!

Edited by Mark Foote
  • Like 2