SonOfTheGods

The "Official" Mo Pai & "Things You Might Not Know About Real Mo Pai" Thread

Would you bother to gain some mastery on the most simplest and worthless system in your book? And then look at Mo Pai again, and tell what you think.

I would suggest to learn what emptiness means. And then think what conscnetration is. Then whats the differnce between mindlessness and mindfulness is.

For an example it took me half year everyday figuring what mindfulness in vipassana means or "let go" what is their base, when you understand "let go" then you can skip the noting.

There is no reason he should force himself to work with systems that he doesn't find suitable, I believe.

but you cant blame us when people say funny things

I just keep having to laugh at the complete dismissal of the concept of working with one's qi while in a normal everyday situation...and even worse using preposterous notions like "not possible in a waking state"...so full of facepalm, what do you even say to people that hold such erroneous fundamentalist views? Also compounded by a relative inability to link any sort of personal anecdote to practice or insight...mpg without the vitriol, similarly limited in his own mind by some bad translation of broken english on subtle qualities of qi. Sorry, if you're going to call a spade a spade, people's egos tend to take a beating at times.

Just like when CD tried asserting that the diaphragm raised when doing a reverse breath inhale...sometimes the gallery just has to call someone out on something of the facepalm nature...

Dismiss it as you wish and laugh as you like. What does that prove?

May I ask, what bad translation of broken English are you implying?

The good thing about people posting (what we feel is) off the wall stuff, is it makes us think. It makes us expand our viewpoints, even if just strengthening our own path. We no longer just follow our path, but think about it from many different angles, including those aspects which say we are incorrect.

The bad thing is, we should all be meditating right now ;).

• Like 4

"Some posters" state John Chang wasn't a Necromancer, does Not perform Sorcery, does Not Conjure Spirits.

The Magus of Java- emphasized Magus/Magickian

You said I was:

1) Implying I know more than Chang.

*Please QUOTE where I "said that"

2) Comparing myself to Chang.

*Please QUOTE where I "said that"

You obviously take yourself as a "magickian" and your practice (or at least some of it) as "magick". By comparing the "Magus" in the title with "magickian" it seems you are implying that your practice is the same as that of John Chang. But then you go about denying what was taught to Kosta and Jim, and comparing Mo Pai to some unrelated matters. John Chang can't really be regarded as a "magickian" or a "magus", if we take into account the meaning of those words. He is a Nei Gong and Kung Fu master.

Now, let's take the definition of the word "magus", in this case (for simplicity's sake) from Wikipedia:

Magi (plural form of Magus) is a term, used since at least the 6th century BC, to denote followers of Zoroastrianism or Zoroaster. The earliest known usage of the word Magi is in the trilingual inscription written by Darius the Great, known as the Behistun Inscription.

Does this sound like John Chang to you? In fact, even as the word is used these days, it still doesn't really describe what John Chang does and what he teaches. Neither "Magickian" nor "Magus".

Necromancy involves conjuring spirits and using them for divination, as a destructive tool, or for manipulating the spirit. John Chang doesn't do that. Otherwise, Kosta or Jim would mention it for sure.

Conjuring is the act of calling up a spirit with an invocation or a spell. John Chang doesn't do that. He makes the appropriate field of Yin Qi, where they can manifest. Otherwise, Kosta or Jim would, again, mention it for sure.

Sorcery involves invocation, spell-casting and (sometimes elaborate) rituals. John Chang doesn't do that. The Fu his master used was indeed a Taoist talisman... but that does not necessarily denote him or John Chang as a "sorcerer", as the Fu was merely used to make sure John Chang would keep his word. If there was sorcery involved, yet again, Kosta or Jim would surely mention it.

Regarding comparing yourself to John Chang, I've already explained above, why your words imply that. Perhaps it would be more accurate to say you compare your knowledge to his. You'd still be wrong, as I have pointed out.

Regarding implying that you know more than John Chang... I know that people on here aren't too fond of quoting The Magus of Java, but bear with me on this one.

“Where does yin ch’i come from?” Andreas asked.

“From the earth. The yin comes from the earth. It is some kind

of field phenomenon that feeds our lifeforce. It can be blocked by

insulators. For example, if you have a carpet made from synthetic

materials in your house, the yin ch’i cannot pass through it. That’s

not so good for your health.

The yin ch’i enters the body through an acupuncture point that

we call hui yin, he added. “It’s located between the urinary tract and

the anus.”

“Sifu,” Andreas said, “will you tell us about Level Four now?”

“If you wish. When we are finished with Level Three, we send

our yang down to the hui yin. There it gathers as much yin as we

have sent down yang. After a time, maybe even months or years, yin

and yang rise together like this:

Alright. Yin Qi comes through Hui Yin, and is gathered there. Once Yang Qi is sent there, it collects as much Yin Qi as there is Yang Qi. That automatically means there has to be Yin Qi present and collected there.

And here is what you said:

The only true way, to Immortality- is put perfectly by J. A. Johnson:

Then it continues on.

That is the correct path. :D

The point being- there's no storing of Yin in Perneium, which isn't even possible because it isn't a capacitor like the LDT is.

______

Thanks! :)

Daoist Nei Gong: By Damien Mitchell

dmo10.jpg

_______

For more reasons why Qi can not be confined solely to the LDT per MoPai theorists:

Reference:

Yin Qiao Mai, Yang Qiao Mai

Also:

Dai Mai

With the amount of certainty you have, you haven't left any room for chance or options. You completely asserted "This is the correct way, the only true way, there is no storing Yin and the perineum, and Qi cannot be confined to the Dan Tian".

This, however, isn't what Jim and Kosta were taught, but is the exact opposite of it.

However, as you present it, your words imply that even though that wasn't what John Chang taught Kosta and Jim, your opinion is still correct. This is what I meant that you imply you know more than John Chang. You make a discussion on Mo Pai, bring up random stuff, speak oppositely to what was taught, and yet retain an air of complete certainty, that your opinion is infallible in this matter.

Acupuncture Charts say that.

Different Authors say that

I quoted them.

Again, not my opinion. ;)

You are of the same views and support their opinion, therefore - it is your opinion as well.

Edited by LeoViridis
  • Like 1

lol....Leo, your replies indicate you dont even understand what sotg is implying. and you wonder why we chuckle at you guys, so caught up on words (and bad english, numerous instances) and think anyone who speaks up in an authoritative manner is automatically placing themselves at jc's level. I could point all those instances out, but it'll be better for you if you figure them out yourself.

like bruce lee said, man have only two arms and two legs, how many different ways can he really fight?

every body contains yin and yang, and you guys have this mythical vision of level 4 (or whatever, I never paid attention to this concept of levels) in your head and nobody can possibly understand what yin feels like until they reach such a level - and by all regards, who the hell could possibly be level 4, ergo you all are full of shit. I mean, that's basically what the words from anyone mpg-related conveys to the board. some more diplomatically than others. nevermind we all have a conglomeration of signal to noise ratios, and some of us have spent years enhancing certain signal and finding every damn last way possible to tamp down noise - in myriad ways as varied as the practitioners themselves. you'll notice that a lot of us write from experience - and you guys take offense to that (incredulously, for us) because some of it rubs your interpretations of jc's bad english the wrong way.

you dont know the difference between conjuring spirits and conjuring a yin field or how they overlap,

you dont know the nature of the perineum or why sotg says yin is not stored there,

you dont know why things we're saying arent going against anything jc would believe, in the humble opinion of quite a few of us here

the continued beating of this bad translation drum is why various teachings have been muddled and functionally, potentially, diminished over the centuries. it is a shame people waste their time being so closed minded and rigid in their beliefs.

dipped my toe twice in this pool, think I like de waters elsewhere....as usual, well....I think Brian came up with an equation linking the length of a TTBs mo pie discussion and # of pages to the overall usefulness of the thread once...

• Like 8

You obviously take yourself as a "magickian" and your practice (or at least some of it) as "magick". By comparing the "Magus" in the title with "magickian" it seems you are implying that your practice is the same as that of John Chang. But then you go about denying what was taught to Kosta and Jim, and comparing Mo Pai to some unrelated matters. John Chang can't really be regarded as a "magickian" or a "magus"

Obviously, Don't Assume. <_<

I don't consider myself a magickian.

I Do_Not Do, Labels

*Kosta NAMED the Book "Magus of Java"*

Seriously, I'm not sure if you are even reading YOUR OWN threads lol.

Anyway- this is one of those "Parroting the same stuff as the other guy".

The thread was packed with info- then certain elements came along and degraded it. Honestly, I have become quite bored, with the same regurgitated, vitriol parroting, that empty void- known as western mopie.

I'm AGAIN telling you SHOW ME ON AN ACUPUNCTURE CHART WHERE YIN IS STORED AT THE PERINEUM.

Again you quote "Magus of Java" even though you don't even agree with the title "Magus" :P

I'm done going in circles with you.

You're only wasting my time now :ph34r:

So!:

My whole point of producing a MoPai thread:

There are many people, world wide- who got suckered into the John Chang hysteria. They put "MoPai" and/or "John Chang" in Google- and they begin their search.

ALL MoPai threads usually wind up in the Pit here- so Google can't show them. They're Hidden.

That means- the seeker will now go "to that other VULGAR OBSCENE Forum"

I didn't want that! :D

My 2 Forums are locked up and Private- so seekers won't be going there.

By keeping One Info Packed MoPai Thread OUT OF THE PIT on TaoBums- Keeps TaoBums FIRST IN SEARCH ENGINE WARS ;)

Edited by SonOfTheGods

lol....Leo, your replies indicate you dont even understand what sotg is implying. and you wonder why we chuckle at you guys, so caught up on words (and bad english, numerous instances) and think anyone who speaks up in an authoritative manner is automatically placing themselves at jc's level. I could point all those instances out, but it'll be better for you if you figure them out yourself.

like bruce lee said, man have only two arms and two legs, how many different ways can he really fight?

every body contains yin and yang, and you guys have this mythical vision of level 4 (or whatever, I never paid attention to this concept of levels) in your head and nobody can possibly understand what yin feels like until they reach such a level - and by all regards, who the hell could possibly be level 4, ergo you all are full of shit. I mean, that's basically what the words from anyone mpg-related conveys to the board. some more diplomatically than others. nevermind we all have a conglomeration of signal to noise ratios, and some of us have spent years enhancing certain signal and finding every damn last way possible to tamp down noise - in myriad ways as varied as the practitioners themselves. you'll notice that a lot of us write from experience - and you guys take offense to that (incredulously, for us) because some of it rubs your interpretations of jc's bad english the wrong way.

you dont know the difference between conjuring spirits and conjuring a yin field or how they overlap,

you dont know the nature of the perineum or why sotg says yin is not stored there,

you dont know why things we're saying arent going against anything jc would believe, in the humble opinion of quite a few of us here

the continued beating of this bad translation drum is why various teachings have been muddled and functionally, potentially, diminished over the centuries. it is a shame people waste their time being so closed minded and rigid in their beliefs.

dipped my toe twice in this pool, think I like de waters elsewhere....as usual, well....I think Brian came up with an equation linking the length of a TTBs mo pie discussion and # of pages to the overall usefulness of the thread once...

If I had read your post, first, joeblast - it would have saved me all that typing!

LMAO

• Like 2

It isn't bollocks. It's been pretty much proven by science. It has been observed that people can consciously enter a state of deep delta brainwave, the state which is predominately present at the onset and during unconscious sleep. Hence consciously reaching that state basically makes it a state between waking and sleeping - you are not awake but neither asleep.

Even if you are not drunk or sleepy you can get there, given that you are somewhat proficient in meditation.

imho,

deep sleep is for giving nervous system a rest. If i could stay awake on that state, i would probably stay there days and probably weeks without food and drink.

Not to mention the afterglow of that state would also last for days, i would go telling people that life is truly amazing why can't you see it.

Not to mention that heart stops for minutes in deep sleep. Now i don't doubt that you can stop breathing for a long time in that state, and perhaps you can go deeper and deeper into that state and don't even realize that you were there a month.

All we know that when waking up in the morning its easy to fall asleep again, this is because of the sleep afterglow or momentum. People who once have succeeded entering deep states of mind it will get easier and easier because of the momentum.

Then powers, its stated that in deep states you gain powers, you mind will be so clear that you will aquire the knowledge how to use them.

But, after a while the momentum, afterglow, powers wil disappear unless you fuel yourself up again in deep concentration states.

imho,

deep sleep is for giving nervous system a rest. If i could stay awake on that state, i would probably stay there days and probably weeks without food and drink.

Not to mention the afterglow of that state would also last for days, i would go telling people that life is truly amazing why can't you see it.

Not to mention that heart stops for minutes in deep sleep. Now i don't doubt that you can stop breathing for a long time in that state, and perhaps you can go deeper and deeper into that state and don't even realize that you were there a month.

All we know that when waking up in the morning its easy to fall asleep again, this is because of the sleep afterglow or momentum. People who once have succeeded entering deep states of mind it will get easier and easier because of the momentum.

Then powers, its stated that in deep states you gain powers, you mind will be so clear that you will aquire the knowledge how to use them.

But, after a while the momentum, afterglow, powers wil disappear unless you fuel yourself up again in deep concentration states.

I have found that after a time, you can do the same training in less and less deep states. I mean the training and results that you achieved in the deepest states. Or perhaps it is more like you get there just for a second, to kickstart it. Hard to put these things into words sometimes. I mean training this way for years. One can't always only save practice/work for the deep state times; sometimes it is needed in the moment. I feel that meditation, really deep states and etc. are the training ground which is required to be able to utilize the tools anytime :).

• Like 7

+1 BKA.

It's like driving a car.

At first a learner driver has to think about everything all the time

Eventually given continuous practice we develop 'unconscious competence' at car driving.

Same thing goes for cultivation nobody can be ' adept' at very much at all without disciplined regular practice.

Edited by GrandmasterP
  • Like 3

I have found that after a time, you can do the same training in less and less deep states. I mean the training and results that you achieved in the deepest states. Or perhaps it is more like you get there just for a second, to kickstart it. Hard to put these things into words sometimes. I mean training this way for years. One can't always only save practice/work for the deep state times; sometimes it is needed in the moment. I feel that meditation, really deep states and etc. are the training ground which is required to be able to utilize the tools anytime :).

From there probably comes a saying that some doors will be left open, like the skill of riding a bike or practicing playing violin after its mastered the movements are automatic and there is very little brain activity detected.

*agrees with GrandmasterP

Edited by allinone
  • Like 1

But here comes a question how you get trancendental wisdom?

I would be really derailing this thread if I replied more fully to this ;). Though it *is* SotG's thread, so only derailed in ways I'm sure he would enjoy discussing LOL. Not MoPai related though necessarily... I would also definitely like to hear SotG's answer to this one...

I would definitely say meditation is the best way to get that sort of wisdom though. It just sort of comes. Then you work with what came last time, and it goes more in depth and deeper the next time, and then on out. Though many say our wisdom comes from our mistakes, hardships and our challenges... this definitely rings true in a spiritual and energetic sense as well ;).

• Like 2

Never mind on vacation. Can't post w phone.

Puerto Rico beautiful, tomorrow the Turks should be lovely

• Like 5

from The Magus of Java

“There are no thoughts and there is no sense of time. If you are
thinking, you are not in meditation. If you are aware of yourself, you
are also not in meditation. You must become like a baby in the womb,
there and yet not there. Meditation is like the borderline between
sleep and waking, between consciousness and unconsciousness.”
“Very difficult.”
“Not so difficult, Kosta. You stayed in meditation for long periods
when you were an embryo and a baby, and you pass through it
now each time you drift off to sleep. You just have to remember how.”

Now investigate simple awareness, is it aware of time or yourself and thoughts? No

At first what awareness is, its very hard to be without thoughts, almost impossible, more you push thoughts away the less you are aware.

Thats why it is said that you need lot of time to meditate first, because most of the time in an hour you are trying to be aware.

It will get simpler and simpler.

and awreness is not regular consciousness and its not sleep or unconsciousness either.

I often wonder if it isn't sort of like the frog in the pot of water.

You slowly get deeper and deeper until your normal everyday waking consciousness is as deep as your meditation used to be. But it's hard for you to see that, since it's the new norm.

I heard a story once about some Indian guru taking a ten-strip of LSD and not being effected by it. One of the theories was that his everyday waking consciousness was just so far beyond what most people experience with acid that he didn't even notice it.

• Like 3

I often wonder if it isn't sort of like the frog in the pot of water.

You slowly get deeper and deeper until your normal everyday waking consciousness is as deep as your meditation used to be. But it's hard for you to see that, since it's the new norm.

I heard a story once about some Indian guru taking a ten-strip of LSD and not being effected by it. One of the theories was that his everyday waking consciousness was just so far beyond what most people experience with acid that he didn't even notice it.

Hmmm, now that is entirely likely! :)

I knew an interesting Cajun fella named Dale many years ago...

;)

Your words are shockingly ignorant. I came to this discussion and shared my opinion. Dawei pointed out that I should discuss and elaborate it. So I did.

Why should my opinion matter any less than yours? Because you "have experience"?

You say you speak from experience. You say that I think anyone who speaks in an "authoritative manner" is placing themselves on John Chang's level. You clearly don't understand what I've said. Even if you have experience, it's very clear you have no interest in Mo Pai, and that you don't practice it. That's cool, nothing wrong with that. However, you can't speak from experience about Mo Pai matters. That's like I would say "Hey, I'm very experienced in math, so I know you've misinterpreted your microbiology professor. Or, he is completely wrong". You see, you can't bring experience from your own system into a whole other system. This should be obvious, why isn't it? Same with "speaking in an authoritative manner". SOTG can't speak in authoritative manner, because he practices something different.

And what "bad English translation" exactly? Both Kosta and Jim were students of John Chang for about 10 years or more. Do you think they would "misunderstand" or "misinterpret" anything in that time? You must be kidding. Perhaps it's you who are sour, because what was taught was contrary to what you believe?

That's OK, nothing wrong with that, believe what suits you, practice what suits you.

Edited by LeoViridis

Obviously, Don't Assume. <_<

I don't consider myself a magickian.

I Do_Not Do, Labels

*Kosta NAMED the Book "Magus of Java"*

Seriously, I'm not sure if you are even reading YOUR OWN threads lol.

Anyway- this is one of those "Parroting the same stuff as the other guy".

The thread was packed with info- then certain elements came along and degraded it. Honestly, I have become quite bored, with the same regurgitated, vitriol parroting, that empty void- known as western mopie.

I'm AGAIN telling you SHOW ME ON AN ACUPUNCTURE CHART WHERE YIN IS STORED AT THE PERINEUM.

Again you quote "Magus of Java" even though you don't even agree with the title "Magus" :P

I'm done going in circles with you.

You're only wasting my time now :ph34r:

So!:

My whole point of producing a MoPai thread:

There are many people, world wide- who got suckered into the John Chang hysteria. They put "MoPai" and/or "John Chang" in Google- and they begin their search.

ALL MoPai threads usually wind up in the Pit here- so Google can't show them. They're Hidden.

That means- the seeker will now go "to that other VULGAR OBSCENE Forum"

I didn't want that! :D

My 2 Forums are locked up and Private- so seekers won't be going there.

By keeping One Info Packed MoPai Thread OUT OF THE PIT on TaoBums- Keeps TaoBums FIRST IN SEARCH ENGINE WARS ;)

I apologize, but at this time I do not posses a Buddha mind, therefore I am still subject to assuming prematurely. You speak a lot about magick and therefore, I assumed it's part of your practice. Am I wrong?

It seems strange that you say you don't do labels, given that you used them a lot in this discussion. John Chang is a necromancer, sorcerer, magickian... You know what I mean. But that isn't really important right now.

I *KNOW* he named the book The Magus of Java. I'm not sure if you are the one reading what I said though. I said that even if he named the book, it doesn't necessarily make John Chang a "magus".

And excuse me - parroting? I'm not sure if I should take that as an insult or not. I merely stated my opinion, and even if it's similar to the opinion of anyone else, what's wrong with that? Am I prohibited from holding an opinion that is contrary to yours or something?

Packed with info? What info? You've basically completely made up everything you wrote here. I could go more in depth on this with a later comment. Then I stated my opinion, and because it's contrary to yours you call that "degrading"? Please be serious.

"Empty void known as western mopie"? Given everything you said on here, that's a bold statement. Some people are interested in Mo Pai practice, and because they think that what you said here is made up and lacks any sense, you proceed to call it "empty void". Sure thing. Think what you want.

And because I don't necessarily agree with a title of a book doesn't mean I can't agree with it's content. Where does your logic come from, I'm starting to wonder.

Why would I need to show you acupuncture charts? It's enough to know how training goes, you don't need to know the full meridian system to meditate. And again, given that we are talking about Mo Pai, if John Chang says something, and you say something contrary, than his opinion automatically has more credibility than yours. This is because you have no expertise on the subject. If you were a Mo Pai master at around John Chang's level, then yes, your opinion would matter. But you aren't. This should be simple to comprehend. You can't be an expert piano player and claim expertise in advanced organic chemistry, if you haven't ever studied the subject.

This thread isn't "Info packed". At most, it's packed with assumptions and rather out-of-place theories and hypotheses. So no seeker who would be lead here would learn much. They'd have much better chances at the "VULGAR OBSCENE forum"... nothing personal.

No offense to anyone meant, I didn't come to this discussion to insult anyone. I would gain nothing from that.

• Like 1

imho,

There are people who can enter these deep delta brainwave states. The metabolism slows down while there, and they can apparently stay like that for days or even weeks. This was also reported by some yogis. So by master meditation you can probably stay in for quite a while.

Edited by LeoViridis

This thread should be sent to the pit. It will do nothing but disorient and confuse any newbie who happens along.

I . . . can only respond to you in a spoiler. I have to be very careful. :ph34r:

I'm going to start using that. :P

This is one of those rare times I wish I had extra money:

I think you're heart is the right place- but you got caught up in the MoPie hype.

If I had extra funds, I would meet you some place neutral- and show you some things.

I don't ever want to do the YouTube "proof videos" anymore.

But I am quite certain- you would see things quite a bit differently- and with your own eyes.

The irony is- when you got back and told your other forum mopie buddies over there- they still wouldn't believe you.

Not if I got the whole thing on camera, checked you with a metal detector, recorded heat wave data, etc.