SonOfTheGods

The "Official" Mo Pai & "Things You Might Not Know About Real Mo Pai" Thread

Jim is delighted that his work is finally finding a suitable audience.

Also, Jim wants everyone to know that he was wrong about spirit communication.

That is very unpleasant joke.

You are no better than Sifu ReL.

Why do you seem to know sooooo much about the past scamming thing here at TTB... as a new member?

and your getting away from discussions to insults... time to get back to talking the topic.

• Like 2

Who is Lin?

I replied in PM. He has a few accounts on here ;). (well *did*) Thought I would save everyone the trouble of digging stuff up, no sense going through all that again.

MoPai is Nei Gong, not a combat martial art. Where did you get that idea? If MoPai would be a combat art, it wouldn't be taught alongside a Kung Fu style. You show again that you're clueless.

Ok, despite going against my better judgement, I will just answer you this One time only.

According to your last few angry posts- you said I only made assumptions.

Let's use this one clear answer, to see who is wrong, you or me- and Who Really is MAKING ASSUMPTIONS.

You say MoPai is Not for Combat.

I said it was.

In "Magus of Java" two guys were embroiled in battle and blew up a village using light beams shooting out their hands.

Why do they need Kung Fu then?

Blowing up villages with shooting light beams is for enlightnment or COMBAT?

I will not play verbal tug of war with you Dorian Leo

Edited by SonOfTheGods

Ok, despite going against my better judgement, I will just answer you this One time only.

Let's use this one clear answer, to see who is wrong, you or me- and Who Really is MAKING ASSUMPTIONS.

I said it was.

In "Magus of Java" two guys were embroiled in battle and blew up a village using light beams shooting out their hands.

AND- Here's Kosta's Interview on TaoBums: PAGE 9

Ish, on 12 November 2011 - 09:37 PM, said:

Were there any practices more focused on the "mind" level rather than the energetic level in the Mo Pai system? What were their aims?

Kosta's Answer:

MoPai neikung is strictly energetics. It was primarily developed for combat after all.

Obviously- I am the ONE doing Research on MoPai. ;)

Now I AM DONE with you MoPieGuys :ph34r:

Edited by SonOfTheGods
  • Like 1

I said it was.

Leo isn't Dorian lol.

Why do you seem to know sooooo much about the past scamming thing here at TTB... as a new member?

and your getting away from discussions to insults... time to get back to talking the topic.

He's been here for about seven months so he's had a little time to listen and pick up things.

Besides, scammers and such have all been thoroughly discussed on MPG's forum. If he's a puppet then he's sure as h*ll got me fooled.

Do NOT ask me about m0pai.

m0pai is Dead.

I do NOT do m0pai

I NEVER did m0pai.

What I am posting about is NOT m0pai

I have no interest in a DEAD art form.

Nor do I have ANY interest in resurrecting m0pai

Nor am I trying to figure out how to do m0pai.

What was that again?

He's been here for about seven months so he's had a little time to listen and pick up things.

Besides, scammers and such have all been thoroughly discussed on MPG's forum. If he's a puppet then he's sure as h*ll got me fooled.

I don't think he is a puppet but we also don't want mouth pieces who cannot simply state their side and opinion with some sense instead of anger.

And nobody is raising Lin or Sifu ReL here... but him. And all that is even prior to me. Why is such anger digging up the past? That is a bit disturbing on some level.

Here's the problem.. and it does not have to do with which side of the Mo Pai belief one is on: If someone only comes in and starts ranting about this and that... this is about posting behavior, not a side of the argument.

Either side is welcome to state their position but hopefully it is something more than insults and rants...

Just beause one becomes immortal doesn't mean they leave this Earth.

I imagine once you realise you are immortal, you tend not to bother sticking around much after.

I imagine once you realise you are immortal, you tend not to bother sticking around much after.

That is true in a sense. It seems like the higher level people become, the less they care about material things and society. However they are still stuck here on Earth until their death. After they die I assume that their spirits can pretty much go whereever they want whether that be to inhabit another body, hang around Earth as a spirit, or travel to some to other world or dimension.

I do not think this sort of thing can be properly comprehended by average folks like you and I though. I am sure it is one of those things that requires first hand experience.

• Like 1

It's not my forum. I can't delete someone else's posts. If you are aware of a F*** You, etc. posts by myself, send me a link to it (pm of course) and I'll delete it if you remove Jim's instructions.

Besides what does MPG's forum have to do with Jim's instructions. Why would you host Jim's private email instructions on your forum publically, further spreading it. They were leaked by a student and hosted by Sifu_ReL and a couple other places, but not anymore. The public leaking has almost died out and gone back to the way it was before. Until you publically re-hosted them again. You might as well be the person that leaked them to start with considering the fact that they were pretty much private again before you posted them on your forum. MPG isn't even in this equation. This is about respect for Jim and his private teachings.

Ken, you speak of respect for Jim and his private teachings. I find it ironic that Jim, himself, did not have the honor and respect for John Chang and his lineage when he taught others Mo Pai's techniques when he never had permission to do so. Before anyone can debate whether Jim had John Chang's permission to teach, consider this, if John Chang himself was not allowed to teach non-Chinese, would he give permission to Jim to teach to others? Furthermore, I have read Jim's instructions on Mo Pai techniques. They are faulty and many parts of the instructions Jim added himself, thus, not the real Mo Pai techniques. Just be careful when you train using those improper instructions.

• Like 5

I've been lurking on TheTaoBums for quite a while before registering. So I've read a lot of threads concerning Lin and similar scammers.

How am I the one insulting? Sure, certain things ticked me off, but I didn't roughly insult anyone, to my knowledge.

I said it was.

The last couple of post were indeed a bit angry, I was rather ticked offat the moment, I appologie if anyone felt insulted.

Why would they need Kung Fu, if MoPai was already a combat martial art? And how would John Chang use it to heal in that case? Granted, Nei Gong does develop certain abilities, but that alone doesn't make it a full fledged combat art, as these abilities aren't necessarily used for combat.

And, you think I'm Dorian? How did you get that idea? I live in a whole other country than Dorian, and I've really spoken to him only a couple of times. If anyone has doubts about that the mods can check my account, or I can show you my language, or something.

• Like 1

Ken, you speak of respect for Jim and his private teachings. I find it ironic that Jim, himself, did not have the honor and respect for John Chang and his lineage when he taught others Mo Pai's techniques when he never had permission to do so. Before anyone can debate whether Jim had John Chang's permission to teach, consider this, if John Chang himself was not allowed to teach non-Chinese, would he give permission to Jim to teach to others? Furthermore, I have read Jim's instructions on Mo Pai techniques. They are faulty and many parts of the instructions Jim added himself, thus, not the real Mo Pai techniques. Just be careful when you train using those improper instructions.

Do you have any recommendations about what could be done about all this? Well yes I know what your obvious answer would be, however.... I don't see a huge interest in MP in whatever form, dying anytime soon. Take up another path that is open; well with about at least 20 other paths discussed and offered on this forum, they don't seem to have enticed most of the MP posters. Go find a teacher in something, anything; unfortunately most don't have access to any where they are (myself living in a large city and who travels I'm skeptical of that claim, but maybe); they still are enticed by MP. Just stop talking about it; I think the staff pray for that each night, but... lol). So suggestions to the community?

(now personally if I was asked this about my own path which is not public, on a non-compassionate day I would talk about Darwin's law; on a compassionate day... I give them a lecture and try to entice them with some semi public version by another path).

Edited by BaguaKicksAss

I don't think he is a puppet but we also don't want mouth pieces who cannot simply state their side and opinion with some sense instead of anger.

And nobody is raising Lin or Sifu ReL here... but him. And all that is even prior to me. Why is such anger digging up the past? That is a bit disturbing on some level.

Here's the problem.. and it does not have to do with which side of the Mo Pai belief one is on: If someone only comes in and starts ranting about this and that... this is about posting behavior, not a side of the argument.

Either side is welcome to state their position but hopefully it is something more than insults and rants...

I'm sorry, but you were the one who said I should discuss my opinion here. If you'll look at my posts, you'll see that there was no sense of anger behind them, except for the last 3 posts or so, for which I appologized already.

And I wasn't the one who raised Lin, SOTG pointed him out a few posts prior to me. I merely responded.

Edited by LeoViridis
  • Like 1

Touché.

The techniques may be lacking, but then, do you fully salute what you deem as improper techniques, posted as MoPai?

Something that might be helpful would be to have a forum that gives a list of open systems and a short summary explain what the goal of the practice is.

Then people that are interested in nei kung can think about WHY they want to learn it. What do they want to gain from the practice. There might be a different or better system that could give the same result.

A list of systems available and that are being practiced by the people here.

Such a forum or list might already exist?

• Like 2

AND- Here's Kosta's Interview on TaoBums: PAGE 9

Ish, on 12 November 2011 - 09:37 PM, said: Were there any practices more focused on the "mind" level rather than the energetic level in the Mo Pai system? What were their aims?Kosta's Answer:

MoPai neikung is strictly energetics. It was primarily developed for combat after all.

Obviously- I am the ONE doing Research on MoPai. ;)

Now I AM DONE with you MoPieGuys :ph34r:

Sure, it may have primarily been develop for combat, but even so, that doesn't make it necessarily combat martial art, does it? It just means it has connections to combat, or can be used for combat, similar to how swords were developed for combat, but swords in themselves are not a combat art. Just a tool.

I'm stating my opinion in this thread on what I think is right. If I was, for example, interested in a certain branch of Qi Gong, and someone posted something that I would disagree with, I'd post my opinion about it, similar how I did here. Just thought I'd clarify this, in case it wasn't clear.

That is true in a sense. It seems like the higher level people become, the less they care about material things and society. However they are still stuck here on Earth until their death. After they die I assume that their spirits can pretty much go whereever they want whether that be to inhabit another body, hang around Earth as a spirit, or travel to some to other world or dimension.

I do not think this sort of thing can be properly comprehended by average folks like you and I though. I am sure it is one of those things that requires first hand experience.

What some call 'spirit guides' other paths call 'angels' or maybe Boddhisatvas or whatever other label their path uses.

Thing is that some folks who go to spirit ( everyone does eventually) decide to stick around over there and help out friends, students and loved ones who are still on this side of life.

Jim obviously ( he told me) approves of Sonofthe Gods carrying on his work and that's all good.

SonoftheGods can lay claim to Jim's lineage ( from 'spirit').

When Jim was on his side of life, his Christian path and upbringing caused him to shy away from spiritualistic aspects of the MoPai.

That hindered rather than helped what Jim communicated about the MoPai path because Jim 'wrote off' spirit communication as suspect.

It's fair to say that Jim knows better now.

What's also a bit puzzling is that some of our MoPai boosters on here don't seem to have grasped the centrality of spirit communication in and for successful cultivation.

It's far more than physical exercise and self- improvement guys.

At core, cultivation is more about lineage involving 'ancestors' of the path in spirit guiding cultivators on a path on this side of life.

Anything less than that is less than 'full-potential cultivation'.

Edited by GrandmasterP
  • Like 1

It seems to me that Chang was always in favor of it being taught to the west, considering the fact that he took 5 students in even though it put him in hot water. I can't say for sure whether or not Chang gave Jim direct permission, but he definitely wasn't "disrepecting" him. He was carrying out his wishes from what I can tell. Jim stated that Chang did give him direct permission to teach though and I have no reason not to believe him. What is your side of the story?

That is very unpleasant joke.

"That" is reportage.

Being unable to engage in spirit communication oneself does not negate the act and the fact of spirit communication Leo.

Jim knows that now and so will everyone else who is reading this, eventually.

Your good self included.

Don't seek to bury a teacher who is not 'dead'.

Jim's teachings continue via SoTG's useful website.

No one is compelled to study those teachings but those who wish study Jim's work to may do so.

I sense that some who wished to set up as 'gatekeepers' to Jim's legacy are somewhat miffed via thwarted ambition.

The cat is out of the bag now and we can all admire it's purr, teeth and claws.

At very least, if we don't choose to admire the cat then we can, all of us who wish to do so; discuss it sensibly because we are now permitted equal access to view the cat.

"Level playing field" buddy.

Don't be sad.

It's all good.

:)

Edited by GrandmasterP
  • Like 4

Tongkosong,

What would be your suggestion for westerners like me? What would you do if you were in my shoes? Any advise?

• Like 1

"That" is reportage.

Being unable to engage in spirit communiction oneself does not negate the act and the fact of spirit communication Leo.

Jim knows that now and so will everyone else who is reading this, eventually.

Your good self included.

Don't seek to bury a teacher who is not 'dead'.

Jim's teachings continue via SoTG's useful website.

No one is compelled to study those teachings but those who wish to may do so.

Oh, you were serious? I thought that was obvious sarcasm.

In that case, you say you're talking to Jim's spirit, and he says SOTG is better off with his lessons and his "lineage", than his actual students from his "lineage" (excluding myself here, because I wasn't a student of Jim's)?

Not that I shun spirit communication or anything, but that is quite a bold statement. You should prepare something to back it up, in my opinion.

• Like 1