Vanir Thunder Dojo Tan

A Wild Clown Ninja Appears

Well, after thorough behavioral temporing and adjustments, and discipline, and..... etcetera...

I'm behaving... it's a strange new experience, but well all arrive here somehow or another, don't we?

I've had the uncanny luck to meet BKA face to face and it was certainly a blessing :D

HI AGAIN EVERYONE!

• Like 8

Greet you, nice to meeet you :)

PS: What is circle walking?

Edited by Yascra
  • Like 1

Oh. Hm, if it helps *shrugs

:)

Ps: Thanks for explanation!

Edited by Yascra

Circle Walking is an important aspect of Bagua Zhang ~_n

Right now, however, i am practicing balance and stability (for Circle Walking) by standing on one foot at a time for long periods n_n

Good. Single-weighted-ness will be very helpful in stabilizing the crazy and promoting good health and fitness in many aspects. Most people try to (circle) walk on two feet coordinating with absolutely no real deep empirical/body knowledge of how to stand, walk, reach, kick, and step out.. all on a single leg.

• Like 3

Btw, VTDT and Yascra, you both have a lot in common; I think you should PM each other ;).

I have a lot in common too. It 's just that it is just with myself.

PS Circle walking is when you try to go somewhere but have one foot nailed to the floor.

• Like 2

Btw, VTDT and Yascra, you both have a lot in common; I think you should PM each other ;).

does BKA keep dossiers on all the bums with detail s of their lives and interests?? :P

• Like 2

does BKA keep dossiers on all the bums with detail s of their lives and interests?? :P

Just ones that I know in person, or who have been staff and shared such things with us all :).

• Like 1

Good. Single-weighted-ness will be very helpful in stabilizing the crazy and promoting good health and fitness in many aspects. Most people try to (circle) walk on two feet coordinating with absolutely no real deep empirical/body knowledge of how to stand, walk, reach, kick, and step out.. all on a single leg.

I know nothing of Bagua Zhang , but still, how pleasant to read that :) ... and some people told me 'Crane stance' is useless and impractical :glare: ummm ... surely if one wants to kick ... and even walk there are moments when we are 'on one leg ' ???

In my tradition (Okinawan Matsamura Seito) it is based on Hakatsuru (Crane form) but includes others such as Chinto ... inherited from a Chinese PIrate ... where perhaps the technique is used for fighting on stairs (from the higher position) or up on rocks at the back of a cave (the position Chinto took when he was undefeated in the fight against Matsamura. (from 0.50 on)

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 4

... and multiple false identities ;)

• Like 3

I know nothing of Bagua Zhang , but still, how pleasant to read that :) ... and some people told me 'Crane stance' is useless and impractical :glare: ummm ... surely if one wants to kick ... and even walk there are moments when we are 'on one leg ' ???

It's not a guarantee one will have passable baguazhang... but having sick crazy good single leg skills sure helps alot.

I liked your karate clip. The person performing did things that looked more Chinese than Japanese at times.. which of course

I really like.. since I love Chinese martial arts and dislike karate LOL.

Personally I beleive in single-leg strength and balance enough that my present immediate fitness goal is the pistol.. or one-legged squat. Hoping to nail that before end of Fall.

So much of internal power comes off that back leg (Ming San Jie.. Three Section Theory) so if it's hella strong and can turn and twist in the hip joint all by itself (while the other leg is doing something else).. it makes for alot of unexpected power.

• Like 3

It's not a guarantee one will have passable baguazhang... but having sick crazy good single leg skills sure helps alot.

I liked your karate clip. The person performing did things that looked more Chinese than Japanese at times.. which of course

I really like.. since I love Chinese martial arts and dislike karate LOL.

It would take too much time to find the 'right' clip ... that guy was ( ahem ... excuse me ... ) American MSSR ... my trad is v.different and the performance looks different (much lighter, fluid, circular, stances less deep and 'more casual' etc) coming from real Seito (Family tradition) via Nishihira Sensai ... a family member and Ted Lange (in Aust.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nishihira_Kosei

Well, I know what you mean ... :) ... there is a big story about Matsamura being 'kingpin' in the 'movement' (he was KIng's bodyguard) ... the 'palace and temple styles' (and these guys definitely went to China to study martial arts, also influences in Okinawa from people like Chinto - who Matsamura made friends with when he couldnt beat him - Kusanku, a Chinese envoy, who also has a form named after him), how that was disbanded, private practiced, picked up, taken to Japan by Funakoshi ( with giant holes and misunderstandings in it) , used as a P.E, course for primary school students ( hence severely adapted away from a fighting art), bombed to near-extinction in WWII, picked up by US militia, turned into a sport with competition rules ... etc to become the strange thing that is 'karate' today.

I v.much get why you dislike it. ;) .

Personally I beleive in single-leg strength and balance enough that my present immediate fitness goal is the pistol.. or one-legged squat. Hoping to nail that before end of Fall.

So much of internal power comes off that back leg (Ming San Jie.. Three Section Theory) so if it's hella strong and can turn and twist in the hip joint all by itself (while the other leg is doing something else).. it makes for alot of unexpected power.

And an ability to 'kick around corners' ( from 45 degrees off line on the outside - with your nearside leg-, past an extended front leg - in stance - of the opponent ... i.e. , opponent think they will be safe as groin seems protected by the extended leg and hip ... did that surprise me, first time ! (delivered with big toe too ) ... errr, that was a little hard to describe :D ... no chance of finding a clip of that ... well, maybe a Chinese one ;)

I had not realised it was possible or could deliver the power it did (I seen a toe go through aboard with it :blink: )

I hesitate to say this as people mock me and say I watch too much 'Karate Kid; (I have never seen it actually) ... but the ideas fro that came from somewhere ... anyway ... Nabe ( Before Mr Hohan Sokken and after 'Bushi' Matsamura) used to insist on MUCH stance work before anything else would be taught, including practicing form (including one leg) on a floating log ... sometimes he would jump on the log and make Hohan defend himself (as said ... there is no 'sparring' only training and fighting) - by the way, Hihan was the last born official Samurai - it his his kobudu system I have been studying.

Ummm ... I could have just started with Chinese arts ... but appears this path was my karma :) (in the Japanese sense ... NOT , 'heaven forbid' in the new Age 'meaning'.

Edited by Nungali

Personally I beleive in single-leg strength and balance enough that my present immediate fitness goal is the pistol.. or one-legged squat.

:lol: I'm like, well, the draw's pretty much all contained in those first couple movements of wing chun's siu lim tao...

oh wait a minute, that pistol :lol:

b7bDp.jpg

Circle Walking is an important aspect of Bagua Zhang ~_n

Right now, however, i am practicing balance and stability (for Circle Walking) by standing on one foot at a time for long periods n_n

Great cultivation and one that effectively self-assesses too.

If you're doing it wrong then you topple over.

:)

• Like 4

Great cultivation and one that effectively self-assesses too. If you're doing it wrong then you topple over. :)

in all fairness, if you're doing it right, you still topple over, it just takes longer ~_n

• Like 3

I could never do this but a training partner breezed it in :glare: :

Stand on one leg , arms out to sides parallel to ground, now rotate the head around in as big as a circle as you can

..... oh yeah , without falling over :D

• Like 3