thelerner

Filling up the lower Dan Tien- How and Why

It would be hard for someone, especially, when one is having a strong animosity against one particular individual and always twisting the positive into negative. One is always trying to find fault in others for his amusement and dragged others to joint him will never be satisfied with himself. Enlightenment is waiting for you to be realized that not all things are to be negatively viewed toward others.

PS.....
I will take a deep breath for..........!!!

Edited by ChiDragon

Is that mystical justification? Jumbojargon? Fast talkin? Bat chattin? Kinda sounds like it. That or maybe you don't actually know what you're talkin about...which is more plausible?

Is that mystical justification? Jumbojargon? Fast talkin? Bat chattin? Kinda sounds like it. That or maybe you don't actually know what you're talkin about...which is more plausible?

If your mind have been made up, there is no point to discuss it any further to derail this thread. Thank you!

Why did I expect a thread on filling the dantien to still be on topic by page 11? Why? ;)

So you guys figure out how to do it yet?

• Like 3

How about cultivating LDT in two different systems at one time.

This is general question, but to illustrate it with real world example better, say we have one system with sitting meditation (sitting with zen mudra) then there is another one with same position but different breathing (eg. breathing percentages like in Sunn Yee Gong or Flying Phoenix) or with different mudra.

Are the effects cumulative, complementary or independent (ie. you end up with two fields of different energies)?

Effects as in a ) energy that can be used to heal others b ) energy to open own energy system

I tried that, didn't go so well, long story, not giving details.

In general though, mixing 2 diff systems really isn't considered a good thing.

• Like 1

If your mind have been made up, there is no point to discuss it any further to derail this thread. Thank you!

I'm not derailing this anymore than you're sharing authentic information.

Why did I expect a thread on filling the dantien to still be on topic by page 11? Why? ;)

Like this

post-18598-0-89516700-1388993870_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Hey keep this up you 2 and I'll start posting JC videos! :D

No wayyyyyyyy!!! Not THE JC! Legend has it that he used his uber mind magic to like totally melt the film so like no footage exists anymore !!! One time I heard he did this one thing to this one guy and he was like totally not the same...like after that thing

• Like 1

Ok so here's what I know. Breath in through all directions into the ldt. In breathing, you need to pull the qi in from everywhere, aka pore breathing to the dantian. Then lock the lower floor, ab wall and let the qi condense on itself. On the exhale pull the wall to the spine, from here you can let the qi blow off into the spine itself or keep it in the dantian or let it radiate out throughout the whole body. The breathing method is triangle breathing.

• Like 1

Or, center your focus on the ldt, inhale while pulling in gently, your belly. Don't go crazy and suck it all the way in but gently pull it in. Make it barely noticeable at first. On the exhale release. Focus on the dantian and allow the qi to sink gently, or suck it down with a vengeance, let your nature dictate the method.

• Like 1

Think they sell ldts on ebay? ;)

if not, perhaps they sell discussion-rails, maybe they can be installed here :D

• Like 3

I wouldn't speak to an ethnocentric bigot in the pub, nor invite one to chat over tea, so I am reluctant to engage with one on the net either. I have hoped that over the years of your time on this forum interacting with people of different cultures and backgrounds (something a forum like this is for), that your views of 'only the Chinese can understand' might change. Your recent posts show this not to be the case.

I am not saying you shouldn't be on the forum, and I'm not against you posting your opinions, that is what an open forum is for. For sharing ideas and thoughts, as well as teachings and practices. I just find your insistance that all Chinese believe what you do (sorry they don't), and that all Daoists beleive what you do (sorry, again they don't), and that everyone else is wrong, especially if they are not Chinese, in very bad taste.

Sure the sentiments are not as direct or strong as in your older posts, but they are still very much there and appear to be a major motivator in your posts. I wouldn't give someone with your attitude the time of day in person, as I said, such bigoted outdated and unnecessary views I can't stomach, I don't care where they are from or who they are, and I'll call anyone out on it in person or on here.

You can say it is all in our minds, and thats okay. Your posts speak for themselves.

BKA 11 pages is quite good for da Bums' no? ;)

Best,

P.S Definitions just for ChiDragon, incase they aren't in his dictionary either.

Bigot: One who regards or treats the members of a group (as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance a person who is intolerant of any ideas other than his or her own.

Ethnocentrism: Belief in the superiority of one's own ethnic group. Characterized by or based on the attitude that one's own group is superior

Edited by snowmonki
  • Like 3

I wondered how long it would take for others to realize his anti-westerner disdain...

Yes... it is only in our minds.... not in his enlightened mind...

4043347-55003-meditating-emoticon.jpg

He's been called on it several times before. I've been giving him the benefit of the doubt for years.

On the other hand, maybe I should just get his address and send my teachers over, it seems they need to be re-educated as they have it all wrong :blink::(

Best,

• Like 2

Ok so here's what I know. Breath in through all directions into the ldt. In breathing, you need to pull the qi in from everywhere, aka pore breathing to the dantian. Then lock the lower floor, ab wall and let the qi condense on itself. On the exhale pull the wall to the spine, from here you can let the qi blow off into the spine itself or keep it in the dantian or let it radiate out throughout the whole body. The breathing method is triangle breathing.

Don't forget to close the anal sphincter. You can't be a navel gazer without also being an anus squeezer. ;)

In the first stage, the anus is contracted with slight muscle control, and the energy is directed into different energy centers along the Microcosmic Orbit. When first beginning, inhale and expand the abdomen while imagining that the anus is connected to the navel and is pulling up towards it. On the exhalation, contract the abdomen and draw the energy

from the navel back down towards the anus. Next, inhale and create a connection between the anus and the Mingmen. On the

exhalation, draw the energy from the Mingrnen back down towards the anus. It is important to synchronize the drawing up of the anus towards the navel and Mingrnen area with the expansion and contraction of inhalation

and exhalation. This will facilitate a sacral-cranial rhythm throughout the body.

From Chinese Medical Qigong Therapy, pages 323-324.

• Like 2

one way to Fill the lower tan tien: :wub:

head-up-ass1.jpg

• Like 1

P.S Definitions just for ChiDragon, incase they aren't in his dictionary either.

Bigot: One who regards or treats the members of a group (as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance a person who is intolerant of any ideas other than his or her own.

Ethnocentrism: Belief in the superiority of one's own ethnic group. Characterized by or based on the attitude that one's own group is superior

Thanks for the definitions. They are relative for those who, only, wear the shoes for one side. One would have a different view if one sees both sides of the story. Anyway, one has to be experienced to see it like someone has been saying here constantly.

As you can see is more of a cultural thing than what you call racism. I don't know have you been noticed in the past few months, there were some Chinese friends came to visit the forum and using the same tone as I was. However, they did not stay too long because they wear not accepted here due to the difficulty in cultural communication. Unfortunately, that is the ways things are. The reason that I am sticking around is because I had been exposed to the western culture and try to break the ice gap. Even though, I know due the constitutional rights, there are certain things are restricted not to say in public; but, hey, how are we going to communicate without some sacrifice. Somehow, we put ourselves in a dilemma.

PS.....

I do thank you for all your endurance for my presence.